Midsommar

...were we supposed to think the Harga commune was bad? Seemed comfy as fuck. I'd rather live in a village where everyone is empathetic and life is valued than this uncaring and sociopathic modern world populated by malignant narcissists

Attached: midsommar-poster-405x600 (1).jpg (405x600, 48K)

no film will ever convince me that cult life isn't the comfiest thing on the planet

youre thinking exactly what the director wanted you to think

and you're right

>everyone is empathetic

>kills people and involves them in their rituals without their consent

you are dumb

This movie was incredibly lazy
Biggest disappointment of the year so far

OKAY YOU FAT FUCK, GO MAKE A BETTER FILM THEN

Sneedsommar

actual spam at this point

It's not a horror movie.

and that's okay

it was clear that the elders assumed pelle and the brother had informed the outsiders the sort of shit that would go down in the cult. each of the outsiders that died transgressed against the cult first.
i don't think the british couple should've been killed for wanting to leave though. that much you're right on.

Agreed

The whole movie was an elaborate cuckquean doujin

White people historically embellishing there truth as the first cannibals

The script and its cut scenes are even gnarlier
>tfw they see some boars strung up and hanging from a tree before they arrive at the village
>tfw they slit the throats of nine animals and drain their blood into a rune shaped stone after the elders jump
>tfw Christian discovers Josh’s corpse next to Simon’s and there’s a hole in his torso with chickens pecking through it

I felt this way too. This movie just made me want to leave my city and live a comfy humble pagan life with a qt pagan gf

the word cannibal comes from the words "canaan" and "baal"

as in the people from canaan would sacrifice children to a god known as baal or moloch

Interestingly, that is also the origin of the word anal

Does eating pubes count as cannibalism?

Why are people saying Christian did anything wrong when the movie flat out tells you Maja is casting a love spell on him?

No it doesn't

I thought the whole point was to lure in a certain number of outsiders to kill them. I assumed by the end that Pelle joined an anthropology group intending to trap them

Lmao you're not supposed to think he's bad for that. You're supposed to think he's bad for not being sensitive enough with Dani.

it does now, epstein shill

People keep saying shit about him "cheating" on her and actively wanting to do it, when nigger was straight up ensorceled.

I saw Hereditary for the 3rd time today. I think I liked Midsommar more because of the uniqueness of the cinematography

I can't say which visual is sticking with me more: the Paimon statue with Charlie's head or Simon's blood eagle.

I think it's supposed to be that he's emotionally checked out of the relationship. He doesn't like talking to Dani, is trying to get away with her, fantasizing about other girls, etc. It's supposed to be about "emotional availability" I think. That's why it's so important to Dani when the cult ladies come and cry simultaneously with her. It's a theme that makes me pretty uncomfortable desu. Makes it seem like the moral is "be sure to throw hour-long pity parties from your girl whenever she tells you to, or she'll kill your ass."

Honestly I don't think a fair comparison can be made outside of the big screen. I remember thinking the cinematography and sound were great in Hereditary, but watching it on an average flat screen didn't give me the same impression. For me, it's the bear suit.

Attached: 1289555151244.png (504x504, 99K)

Keked at ensorceled. Impressive vocab user

Were they actually cannibals? Didn’t get that impression

I agree that was my biggest question watching it. I kept thinking to myself I wouldn’t act as rudely and ignorant of the commune’s practices and wondered if they would have been spared had they practiced general respect. The killing of the couple was definitely a grey area

I completely agree with their stance on the aging process. I've sworn for over a decade that if I ever get a terminal illness of any sort, the day I'm diagnosed is my last day on Earth. I'm so fucking glad I went to see this instead of Spider Man, this was excellent.

No you're being baited by a brainlet. Think about it: they writhe in pain whenever one of their own feels pain, and they burned every foreigner (except pajeet? idk)

I just went to a Q&A showing of Midsommar with Ari Aster. What a awkward guy! I got a reaction out of him after all these people were asking faggy questions. Nice person I guess, he was emphasizing that it wasn't a horror movie and people would be expecting Hereditary part 2 and be pissed off. He said he's going into comedy or drama maybe.

He could probably make a nice comedy. The jokes in this one were pretty welcome for such a tense film.

>he was emphasizing that it wasn't a horror movie
It was almost beat for beat the same as goddamn near every horror movie at the core of its plot, I don't know how anyone can say it isn't.

Are you trolling? Say it ain't so. I guess Hereditary had some top tier drama, and Midsommar was pretty funny

nah, he was really chill, it was on July 11 at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin.

So was he awkward or chill? These are incongruous.

Awkward when he got started with the interview but he was drinking a beer, by the time he was almost finished drinking he was a lot more relaxed.

What did you ask him

> everyone is empathetic and life is valued
Life is not valued.They kill you when you get old and you become so brainwashed that you offer yourself as a sacrifice. I hope all the people that died have their families investigate and kill those fuckers. They wear people's faces and make scarecrows out of body parts. God i hated this film worst one of the year.

"in the bear suit" should replace "in the dog house" for when you get on a woman's bad side.

I wish I could fuck Maya with a bunch of naked chicks pushing my naked butt.

Hearing that he was very private about his life I went digging around like a faggot my friend found his birthday which he is not open about. People were asking him stupid shit like "How'd you make that splat noise when the people jumped off the cliff" and "How'd you get that reverse shot and was it inspired by the shining", he seemed unimpressed. Then I got my chance to ask him my question " I heard that Midsommar was inspired by a breakup, and noticed that you and Dani have some similarities. The movie takes place in mid- June or Mid- July and Dani's birthday is either mid- June or July, while your birthday is Mid-July, July 15. Did you write Dani's character in how you felt during your relationship, and was making this film therapeutic for you?" I know faggy question. But he was awesome about it and gave a good reply.

I want a dress made of 10,000 flowers.

You're right, you're a complete tryhard faggot.

That too, that was great.

Attached: ig.jpg (656x576, 103K)

There's nothing wrong with his question, pussy. I bet you get nervous on phone calls.
What'd he say?

Well Ari Aster did call me a "Tryhard faggot" right after my question. It was only fair.

>deigns to be a tryhard faggot and succeeds

> Did you write Dani's character in how you felt during your relationship, and was making this film therapeutic for you?"
Dani was kinda clingy and needy. Is that how he was with ex girlfriend? If so then he is kinda a bitch.

he looks like a dork. His type are very clingy

Midsommar is funny the way Yorgos Lanthimos movies are funny.

Attached: comfychristian.jpg (413x699, 52K)

I think you're correct. As Pelle was praised for his "intuition". I also think that's why he was insistent that Dani come. Either of the females was intended to become the May Queen in order to bring in new blood to the commune to add a new genetic line.

I'm glad this movie exists, as a Catholic, because it's a helpful reminder if why we were right to wipe the European pagans off the face of the Earth.

Attached: AKG160333.jpg (978x728, 236K)

Some people where going ape shit after the quesiton. He gave something in the lines of "Woah holy shit how'd you know my birthday? You want my phone number? Haha, uh but yeah I tried not to write Dani's character to be like me, but if I said that I wouldn't be sincere. So yeah, I did make a character that I sympathized with, and I had to make her with the some of the emotional insecurities I had . But I've also been in Christians shoes and I do sympathize with him as a character." He said more and then he got to the therapeutic part of my question saying "Writing was the therapeutic part, but directing was a whole other fucking stress. You just have to work continually to get the right shots and work with a crew that doesn't speak English and work in outdoor environments can be a hassle" and then we talked back and fourth for a few.

Yeah, why eat children when you can rape them?

All pagans should be brutally exterminated, none of your shitposting will change that.

Now you're thinking like a pope.

based. sounds like he gave an honest answer.

can we stop with the blatant shill threads

look, a classic redditor argument. fuck off.

God, Dani was so fucking sexy. Her body was magnificent, it had every right proportion of a goddess; but most notably, her ass was just so perfect, Every second that I had a glimpse of it, my dick overwhelmingly sprouted, I was sweating from my resistance of masterbating inside the theatre. I had a dream later that night, and I remember it so dearly...
snnnnniiiiiifffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnniiiffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....sssnnniiiifff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....
BBBBRRRRAAAAAAAPPPFFFFLLLLPPPPPFFFFFF
Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnniiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....
BBBBBRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFTTTTTTT
Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiffffffff….yes….

She was literally Gimli in Mama June’s sweatpants. She makes Chloe Grace Mortez look like an actual human woman by comparison.

Christian kind of deserved it in the end. I didn’t feel bad.