Ends in a cliffhanger

>ends in a cliffhanger
>it wont ever get a sequel

kek

Attached: Alita-Battle-Angel-1.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/challengerst/status/1149845073816932355?s=12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why wont it ever get a sequel?

because it sucks

Just watched it today. Film was very messy, but I wouldn't mind a sequel that improved things.

actually a good thing. plenty of good movies were brought down and stained forever when turned into a franchise
also, cliffhanger endings, just for the sake of it, are usually kino

It barely doubled it's budget, meaning flop. If Terminator Genisys couldn't get a sequel, neither will this.

bug-eyed creeps don't deserve sequels

such a wholesome movie
i'll never understand why media HATED it

The movie was ok but I was honestly expecting more from Cameron. Most sequels are worse than the original. If Alita gets a sequel...fine. If it doesn't...fine. I really don't care either way.

because its not a disney's IP
>but is distributed by disney
not the same

lol that shit was the worst grossing entry in a well-established billion dollar series, of course a sequel would get canned

Who's cuter, Alita or Yotsuba?

Attached: yotsuba zoosh fwoomp whud.gif (373x434, 208K)

thanks for you're valuable input user! it was actually one of the best cinematic experiences in over a decade and probably didn't translate well to your laptop or 80 iq

Attached: 1551214466399.png (1167x800, 1020K)

This. Endgame is the only movie you're allowed to like, even knowing Alita destroys Thanos

Nice b8 m8

Attached: beserker.webm (1067x600, 2.8M)

Keean Johnson is extremely handsome.

Attached: reddit avatar.jpg (587x394, 77K)

>i'll never understand why media HATED it
huh. i just wonder why. i just couldnt possibly think of a reason why.

Attached: akkannoy.jpg (570x912, 67K)

who talks about Avatar in 2019?
no one in this thread is gay, user

Alita was/is Cameron's passion project though, not a derivative cashgrab of an IP that had already been run into the ground by several uninspired shit sequals.

Avatar is just dances with wolves in space, only trannies would deny that

you don't give your passion project to robert rodriguez.

unless your passion is spy kids.

just face it, cameron cares as much about alita as he cares about the terminator franchise.

Some of Cameron's contributions:
- bought the exclusive rights to film adaptations, started working on a movie in 2003
- had concept art produced by 2005, some of it he did himself but most was from his team at Lightstorm
- deciding to move Iron City from Kansas to Panama
- making Alita be CGI instead of live action
- wrote 180 pages (3 hours) of script plus outlines for at least two sequels
- made 1000 pages of notes
- newer concept art is also from his team at Lightstorm
- executive produced it
- the movie was shot using tech he developed for Avatar, but Avatar was partially a tech demo to see if they could make photorealistic CGI characters in order to make Alita possible

Rodriguez made Sin City which is one of the most faithful comic adaptations ever made

that was all more than 15 years ago, my autistic friend.

he was utterly devoted to terminator right up until the moment he wasn't.

sin city was easy to adapt. sex + violence + black, white and red + everyone wears silk. There was no subtext, overtones, or even themes really to sin city.

Gunnm, on the other hand, was all about the subtext, overtones, and thematic elements. NONE of which made it into the movie.

Ok so then Rodriguez was the perfect director and given that Cameron wrote Alita then you should be blaming him for any problems you have with it

>don't give your passion project to Robert Rodriguez
>Cameron cares as much about Alita as he cares about the Terminator franchise
>he was utterly devoted to Terminator up until he wasn't
ok so does he care about it or not

What a fucking meme
it's clearly Fern Gully

A failure like alita: battle angel is always the result of a great many people making every mistake possible. They focused on the wrong things, used the wrong material as reference (the OVA), thought certain arcs needed to be hollywoodified (motorball) and ultimately managed to take a different route to making all the same mistakes as the OVA.

The manga is way too rushed and episodic to work as a movie so weaving the different chapters together using the structure of the OVA makes sense to me, and they haven't even gotten to the actual motorball arc yet

Did anyone else skip the end fight scene? I felt like that's the point. It's obvious she will win

Maybe I'm getting too old for these dumb films

They had more than enough time to wrap up the first volume, and then some, conclusively in two hours. Instead they stuffed in an hour of literal filler. As the OVA was only 60 minutes long and covered just about the same amount of actual material.

So did you want it to only be an hour or what? Plenty of people have said it feels too rushed and dense already so removing the "filler" would only make that worse.

>mfw they already greenlit the sequel almost a full month ago.

What the fuck are you on about? The sequel is happening as crazy as it seems considering the final global box office.

Attached: 1515780245931.gif (538x369, 950K)

I watched this in the theatre with an old friend of mine. Real nice guy, wouldn't hurt a fly.
Afterwards I didn't have the heart to tell him what I thought so I just said 'yea user it was awesome, absolutely 9/10'
So I get the kind of crowd this stuff is made for and even though you take it a bit too far, you guys are alright and probably not many of you are transgenders as they are saying.
It's just guys who didn't really grow into men, I think kind of like Michael Jackson, he would've loved this for sure.

they can't do motorball in a hollywood film at all. motorball has no clear-cut antagonist. its all about gally trying to lose herself to something at the cost to the people who care about her, and finding her reflection in jashugan, who's also trying/tried the same thing, and found other people who've gone farther in that than he was willing, and rejected it.

hence why they skipped it in the movie.

>the movie has an hour of filler
>SO WHA U WAN DEM REMOVE FILLER AND MAKE HOUR LONG MOOBE??

holy fuck. you are literally retarded.

here's a thought, how about instead of filler, develop themes and characters?

>Did anyone else skip the end fight scene?
No because either we watched it in the theater or we can actually pay attention to an action movie for a full two hours
>It's obvious she will win
Well the manga has been going for 30 years and I can't think of a single comic book movie or action movie where the hero dies in the last 15 minutes, also I remind you that she got her ass kicked halfway into the movie which never happens
>Maybe I'm getting too old
Maybe, but my guess is you've just gotten stupid

very bad bait
decent copypasta

But you KNOW she will win. What's the point?

I'd hardly call most of that filler. It's clear that all the extra "fluff" was there to establish "Alita" as an innocent/immature/pure character so her arc will have impact as she becomes more and more hard in the sequel(s). Yeah, it's not chewing through the chapters/arcs but the first movie has to do a ton of heavy lifting to establish the world and ground the story before we can get running.

>floplita is an absolute abomination of an adaptation
>performs appallingly at the box office
>trust me guys, there will be a sequel!
Well, I'm convinced

Attached: 1058854753718.jpg (743x667, 84K)

The point is that even though she's an incredible fighter, in the end she's still powerless to save Hugo

>>ends in a cliffhanger
What do you mean?

Who's Hugo again?

Fucking this! It’s a shot for shot copy.

not showing zalem was what brought it down for me. you can't talk that shit up for the entire film, only to end it without showing even a small glimpse of what it looks like.

that room nova was standing in doesn't count.

are you serious

Attached: secondkiss1.webm (960x458, 2.66M)

Imagine actually knowing all the names of side characters from one of the dumbest movies of the year.

I started trying to list what is filler and I ended up with most of the movie. As none of the characters really amount to anything meaningful or do anything really impactful. They're all so strangled by each other's need for screen time that none of them can develop or do anything meaningful. They could've easily just dropped grewishka, chiren, the entire bullshit ido backstory, the berserker body, most of hugo's friends, street motorball, nova as a whole, etc, and spent more time developing vector, hugo, and alita, while leaving ido as this utter weirdo who seems to mean well, that no one is really sure about, but as long as he's offering free repairs, people don't look too closely at shit he does.

The most interesting thing about gunnm, (until nova pops up) is the scrapyard. As it is essentially a human version of mouse utopia. No one can leave, but everyone has everything they need. Thus human culture has become something completely alien, with only small flashes of humanity. That small flash of humanity being what attracts ido to gally in the first place. The movie should've been more about developing the setting instead of trying to stuff in as many characters as possible.

also ditch the anime eyes, obviously.

>they skipped the Joshugan arc
You have the script for Alita 2? I'm so fucking envious right now. How did they do Zapan? Does he get te berserker body?

it makes it perfect for me. you're supposed to be sided with the lower dwellers, the voiceless masses. the overprivileged elite is nothing but a dream for them
hope there will never be a sequel

they literally show her skipping the jashugan arc in the movie. So I don't know what you're blathering about.

I think the problem you're having stems from Cameron having completely rewritten the ENTIRE story in his adaptation, having several characters in different roles. It's clear his plan has always been to do the whole thing. This means that you're seeing bits and pieces from his adaptation and trying to fit them into the original story(Which frankly wouldn't work as a movie OR tv show). There's a ton of setup in the first movie that might pay off only later, and most of the "filler" falls into that category.

The fucking state of Yea Forums...

No they literally show her entering the Champion's League... if they skipped that arc then she wouldn't even be doing motorball

>they literally show her skipping the jashugan arc in the movie.
No. They show Jashugan briefly and establish him as the champion. The movie ends with Alita as a top contender for the champion slot which puts her literally at the beginning of the Jashugan arc. She's about to face him for the first time when the movie ends.

the problem is cameron's OC doesn't work on any level, and is completely flat, and devoid of impact or meaning.

Imagine being able to pay attention to a movie and have even a shred of memory for names that get repeated multiple times

>muh voiceless masses
>overprivileged elite
>hope there will never be a sequel
You're a selfish lefty/pol/ autismo lord. If you don't want to view a potential sequel you can just choose not to, instead you want no one to have it.

Know what we call that? Shit personality.

>cameron's OC doesn't work on any level, and is completely flat, and devoid of impact or meaning.

Attached: 1308984642266.gif (333x250, 792K)

>remembering unimportant details from forgettable movies

Attached: 117104773.jpg (908x838, 45K)

Wow, you managed to hit literally every buzzword. that surely means you're an oldfag and worthy of being respected. maybe you should trip up so we can all watch out for you in the future

I'm not even sure which characters you're talking about, an user further up the thread literally forgot about the main love interest so I can only assume you're operating at a similar level of brainpower

he's making fun of how utterly flat that and totally irrelevant that entire "love" arc was. How hugo was a total non-entity in the movie with zero justification for his presence in the climax.

>he's making fun
like in one of those jokes where nobody laughs?

>He thinks capeshit is good

just watched the movie, read the manga years ago. it seemed pretty solid but i barely remember the manga other i thought alita took hugo up to zalem and then the mangaka did the alternate ending with all the crazy mars shit. never saw the OVA, what did cameron change?

>hating fun

Oh people are laughing. You're just the butt of the joke.

the discord trannies who are somehow able to rattle off all the names of what basically amount to extras in a movie that flopped and doesn't warrant a second glance

Hugo dies the same way he does in the manga

>tranny tranny tranny
Get some new material, your insults are old and tired.

you're clearly talking to someone who confused hugo for figure 4.

its not an insult, its what you "people" clearly are.

there is literally a discord server with several dozen in there right now including you, who fawn over this shit

yea i gotta re-read the manga, i thought they were the same character.

using discord doesn't make someone a tranny, the same way that using Yea Forums doesn't make someone a brony

also steven universe

it'd be kinda funny how predictable they are. if i wasn't so sad.

>everyone on discord is a tranny
It's like arguing everyone on Yea Forums is a trap because /lgbt/ exists. Get some new material.

People who have been obsessing over a movie for several months are obviously going to remember small details, the question is whether you're able to remember the important things

but you're literally a bunch of trannies, my tranny friend.

Oh so do you have even a shred of proof to back that up or is that just your little fantasy

>posting lies on a swedish audiobook braille reading forum

>you can't prove I'm a tranny!

the intellect on display here is staggering

>just watched the movie
>cool, there's a thread about it
>it's just a couple of kids calling themselves names
never change Yea Forums

It's never too late to bring the thread back on topic. What's your thoughts about the movie?

I'm just curious if the tranny thing has origins anywhere other than your wet dreams but apparently not

Cameron is rich as fuck and will make sure it gets made.

It was garbage.

It ends in a cliffhanger because 40% of all trannies end up killing themselves. It’s just another way this movie supports these weirdos

Okay, seriously, how old are you. This is miiverse level discourse.

The Alita anons are transsexuals. They offer HRT to new vulnerable members who join their weird cult

i actually liked it a lot, but i'm a sucker for the whole gynoid concept
was more interested in reading different points of view, instead of kiddie insults

What's the reason you spend your time posting these lies? Do you get some form of satisfaction out of it or do you just have nothing better to do?

I used to work Alitafags into an autistic rage by illuminating the fact that they'd never see a sequel. I made them boil, I made them cry, and I'm fairly certain I made a few of them kill themselves.

Their discord server is public.
There are "men" in there who have avatars which are animated gifs of a character that is a heroine for little girls.
If they aren't trannies, they are as close as you can come without chopping your cock off.

there's a small contingent of transsexuals who love it unconditionally and will defend it tirelessly. the movie was actually garbage, of course.

I don’t mind you weirdos having your gay little threads but I heavily suggest sticking to your discord or moving to another board. This is clearly another conspiracy raid to bait in vulnerable summer fags into turning trans. It’s going to end up like that /r9k/ dude with the cat mask who killed himself

movie sucked big time bloated, busy visuals ugly palette, christopher waltz looks suicidal the entire movie probably because hes only doing it for the paychecks and robert rodriguez NEVER made a good movie

Reminder, flipped
Sequel; whenever

Attached: pepelita2.jpg (487x487, 56K)

I absolutely loved Alita and I feel like this movie spoke directly to me.
Alita is powerful beyond her size and appearance, she gives me and all people like me great hope for the inclusive future that we are all heading into.
I've only just started down my path as an M to F member of the trans community but I feel like with the support of all my fellow /alitans/, especially all of you here and my friends in the /ALITA/ discord server, that I'm really going to make it.
I know it's a little taboo to deadname myself but I feel like it's warranted in this case. My former name was Alan and so I've decided that it would be perfect that my new name will be Alita!
I'm going to be as cute and powerful as her, just wait and see!

Attached: 10211575443.jpg (539x586, 37K)

As if calling people trannies takes even a shred of maturity, you're just repeating words you learned in health class

>33 posters
>101 replies
Boy, sure do look like summer's in full swing.
All I see in this thread is,
>ALITA? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If it didn't bother you, why dignify it with response? trying to shout it down just validates it.

the bait just keeps getting worse

You're right but I feel like if they can't take banter then they shouldn't start it

you're a fucking transphobe
you're not worthy of alitas healing
/Alita/ is for ALL of the LGBT community

I'm afraid you're a few months late for any deep discussion, now there is a handfull of autists who have deep seated hatred for us and will drown out any serious posts with spam about trannies and sneed. Unironically you'll get better discussion on the discord than here. Either drop by there or try again when summer ends and the kids are busy with school.

based
fuck this anime trash and fuck James Cameron

- Sin City
- From Dusk Till Dawn
- Desperado
- Machete
- The Faculty
- Spy Kids
- Planet Terror

>fuck James Cameron
I get it user but he's straight and married

kek
alita was fucking

Attached: 1546385174515.jpg (250x250, 11K)

- mediocre
- bad
- bad
- bad
- bad
- bad
- bad

forgot the image

Attached: jamesOUT23275654.jpg (394x480, 48K)

If you alita weirdos are going to bait innocent insecure boys into turning trans at least do so over in /r9k/ and make sure they’re legal. It’s not fair to take advantage of incels and turning them gay. No movie deserves hundreds of threads. A few would have sufficed. This is reaching brony and reylo levels of cringe. Stick to your gay discord or go to tumblr.

Remember that time Jerome had half the thread believing there was a tranny at the first meetup? Those were the days. These guys are so shit in comparison. Trolling requires a certain finesse. It's an art, and you all fucking suck at it.

Attached: image.jpg (236x236, 50K)

the fact you keep referring to yourselves as "us" on an anonymous imageboard is sufficiently contemptible.

Imagine trying to start a little club when you can't even tell if there is more than one other person talking to you.

fuck are you even trying with this bait
I miss when people actually put some effort in

Don’t listen to this user Xer’s baiting you into joining their weird cult and they’re going to take advantage of your emotional well being and turn you gay. Brainwashing 101. If you enjoyed the movie that’s cool but avoid their fan base like the plague unless you want to turn the opposite sex

SHUT THE FUCK UP

This is demonstrably false

Cope

I watched Alita with my friend and the next day he told me he fapped to Rosa. How should I feel about this bros?

Attached: smug rosa.webm (1920x1080, 437K)

You should be proud, Rosa is hot.

Your friends fucking based, I think you should get his next round for him.

Attached: 1557321036731.jpg (720x896, 79K)

Someone should make a tutorial for all these summerfags on how to bait properly

Attached: rosalaughdog.gif (250x251, 2.06M)

Go make a general where you bekong, in the

Attached: image.jpg (2101x2289, 445K)

Based

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 4.13.15 PM.png (3164x290, 212K)

tell him he's wanking over a 40 year old roastie

Attached: alifags.png (2500x2000, 1.63M)

We dont care about your special occxasion. You have legit problems with thinking. Dont care i write bad you made me mad. FUCKINGASSHOLES
I dont extrapolate its litteraly what you wrote when discussing about your ban, thats why i made the screenshots because i lurked there maybe too long but i saw you faggot talk on discord and act on Yea Forums like you were innocent little virgin who didnt want to hurt anybody, who only came tyo bring happiness to this board and wanted to heal the soul or whatever the fucking shit you delusionlas morons came up with to mistify your love of a fictional characters, all you lonely losers for the first time in your life found somebody else who didnt rejected your stupid thoughts. I dont know man, what the fuck happened but this shit movie brought all you sad bipolar alcoholics fragile minds to bond over a shit movie on one of the worse board of this site and then you started to do meating and thought you made your place on Yea Forums like a true haxxer orr i dont know what kind of old memes you learned on facebook where you first discovered Yea Forums in 2009. You could have made it really nice and comfy on /soc/, a relatively new board made for people like you. But you decide to stay believing no one will notice your timewasting circlejerking because you got noone else to talk to but a few others trannies on Yea Forums or maybe it was the "girl" you all tried to impress i dont know. Your shit is just too retarded it really pissed me off, all of it.

She's only 33, but there's no shame in not being attracted to women

Attached: nx337ru13mk21.jpg (1224x1632, 234K)

Attached: images.jpg (861x352, 135K)

I need to paste this into a text doc, it's much better typed out

This is all coming from personal experience. I saw the movie when it was still playing because i was a fan of James Cameron since the terminator. And i saw how stoked everyone was for it on Yea Forums. I got invited to your discord and got offered a cheap source of HRT in exchange of pictures of me wearing girl clothing. I feared for my life because they threatened to kick me out if I didn’t. You’re all creeps!

and there's no shame in pretending to be a woman either girlfriend

>only 33
so shes over ten years past the wall

>they hired a 33 year old woman to play a 13 year old girl

Attached: 1024067703.jpg (1008x962, 35K)

Got a screenshot of that message?
Of course you don't

they thought they could CGI out the wall

The amount of samefagging in this thread is off the charts...
Guess the status remains the same,
>hoes mad

Attached: 1561627006882.png (645x773, 11K)

The wall hits different people at different times, just have a look at Brie

Attached: 1557277393139.jpg (675x828, 481K)

Here's a tip, free of charge: when making shit up, don't choose something that would be extremely easy to prove if it was true, since your lack of evidence makes it obvious you're bullshitting.

This movie was super shitty. The fight scenes were cool but the weird frog girls transformation from the loli body to the boy body was an obvious LGBT feminist message. They never show her pussy so my guess is she’s a dude

They hired a talented actress to play Alita, the alternatives were Bella Thorne or Zendaya which I think we all agree would have been worse, and Alita's not 13 she's more like 18 but it takes her a little while to get comfortable with herself after waking up

newest of the newfags

Here’s a tip free of charge: stop trying to convert incels into your gay discord LGBT weeb cult. People have an hero themselves over being transgender in the past.

does this actually look like a dude to you

Attached: Alita.Battle.Angel.2019.1080p.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264.png (834x994, 991K)

yes shit figure

>They hired a talented actress to play Alita
do you people listen to yourself?

rodriguez hired a spic because he's a spic.

> talented actress
> had to look up the cast
> literally don’t recognize anyone other than Waltz and that guy from green book
If she’s so talented why hasn’t she been in better movies with better roles?

nobody has tried to convert anyone but it's interesting that you're so afraid of that

Yes. Cone tits, anime hair, creepy eyes, broad shoulders, and fridge mode body

slow night?

Rodriguez thought her audition was the best and sent it to Cameron who made the final decision

this contradicts how?

imagine being this much of an incel

She has been in some good indie movies and some big movies like the Maze Runner series but Hollywood almost never casts latinos for major roles

that fucking girl power speech in the bar fight
this movie is strictly for trannies and effeminate men

Of course I’m afraid of that you dense faggot. Look up that video of that innocent discord kid who killed himself because other fags made him think he was a tranny. Stay contained in your faggy containment group. This movie has been out since the beginning of the year anyway get the fuck off our board. You hardly ever discuss the movie in your generals. It’s all waifu fagging. Go 40% yourself tranny

>cone tits
ok so not a dude then

Attached: screw vs alita.webm (720x400, 1009K)

>he doesn't know Jennifer Connelly
Sure is summer in here.

Cameron, the executive producer, had the final say in who to cast. This is filmmaking 101.
If it was just spic nepotism or whatever the fuck you think it is then Jennifer Connelly and Christoph Waltz and Ed Skrein wouldn't be in it.

Not to mention Ed Skrein from Deadpool

> Hollywood never cast latinos
> who is zoe saldana (cast in the two highest grossing movies of all time)
> that mutt from spiderman is playing mary jane
> all white actors getting replaced by minorities in the current year
Get over it, your roastie waifu sucks

again, so?

just so we can fast-forward, I'm waiting on something that isn't total conjecture.

It was a role for a voice actress. The voice is a massive mismatch to the character.

Cone tits aren’t tits faggot. Cone tits is another word for man boobs. Even if your weird frog looking waifu was a woman in the movie, girls with small tits don’t count as women

>that fucking girl power speech
>only for trannies and effeminate men
of course you forgot about WOMEN you fucking incel

twitter.com/challengerst/status/1149845073816932355?s=12

ok I'll grant you Zoe Saldana but Zendaya is half black and half white

no, most women have better taste

Me too what a coincidence!

You really made this thread because you're a waifushitter aren't you? if you really didn't like it there's no reason to make a whole thread about it.

> implying women would watch this weeb shit
trannies effeminate men and third world shitters are the core fanbase of alita. Any woman who enjoys this is a dude larping as a woman

Well they must have pretty good taste, they're clearly avoiding you or else you'd know what kind of movies they like

demoralising /alit/rannies has become a sport of sorts

Ok fine but even a racist like you can acknowledge that Zendaya is not a latino

Okay. Executive producer is a no-show credit held by a rights holder who wants/needs nothing to do with a project. Rodriguez was given full creative control because, paraphrasing, cameron felt he was too close to the project. The result was a dumpster fire. Cameron is as invested in alita as he is the terminator franchise.

Well you're certainly doing just as badly at it as you would with any other sport

> implying you ever even had a girlfriend
Have sex you pathetic fat incel

from all of us in the /ALITA/ discord
we love you and support you sister girl!

Ok the voice not matching is your opinion but calling it just a role for a voice actress is objectively false

Attached: rosalitamirror.webm (1280x720, 2M)

Alit/r/annies is a good name for these fucking oddballs. Fucking alitards

CM only made a billion off of the back of the Avengers franchise because everyone thought they had to see it to complete the franchise. If it had been it's own stand alone movie it would have flopped.

We support you in your transition sister! Make sure you tell a friend about our LGBT hate free discord

Cameron didn't just produce it, he wrote the fucking movie, how dense are you?
If he didn't want Rosa to play Alita, he would have picked somebody else. It's that simple.

So many figs ITT. Go back to your 'stronk' feminists.

responding to obvious bait with more bait is at least somewhat of a new tactic

>is your opinion
No, that's pretty on point. A 33 year old trying to imitate a teenager just sounds like a 33 year old. An operating theory for a while is all the alita fans were ESLs who either got a younger VA or just don't have enough of an ear for english to know when someone sounds like they're closer to 40 than 20.

Doesn’t matter alitard. It still made more money than your shitty bug eyed waifu. It was a flop

Oh I don't disagree with you at all, my point is that Brie is younger than Rosa and she has already hit the wall hard whereas Rosa is still fine as hell

Attached: rosa-salazar-berlin-23.jpg (817x1222, 251K)

Because it only made -- about tree fiddy.

he wrote 160 pages of rambling garbage 20 years ago based upon a 60 minute OVA and barely translated correspondence with kishiro. The state of which is one of the reasons he gave rodriguez full control. Rodriguez is a lazy spic so he kept most of cameron's garbage script, and it shows.

> whereas Rosa is still fine as hell
this is what minorities find attractive. This is your brain on anime. Alitards, everyone.

Again, your opinion doesn't change the fact that the role of Alita required an actual actress and not just a VA
>an operating theory for a while
yeah, your personal theory

Attached: alitazapanbts.webm (1920x1080, 2.41M)

> $250m budget
> $100m in marketing
> $50m for merchandise
> movie only made about $401m in total after dvd sales
OH NO NO NO NO NO

Cameron wrote 180 pages of script (with the same cowriter he has worked with for years) and Rodriguez cut a full hour out of it

That doesn't change the fact her voice does not fit the role.

> hiring a goblina spic to voice a jap character
No wonder it flopped

>this is your brain on anime
if that were true she'd be Asian

Point stands.

Alitards are mostly trannies and third world spics so it’s no wonder they have brown fever over yellow fever

a middle aged goblina spic, at that.

I never denied you your opinion I'm just making sure you realized that the role required an actual actress
Alita is a Martian and the manga is set in America

you are attempting to claim it is simply an opinion that a 33 year old will never sound like a teenager.

this points you in a position where you're trying to argue a fact out of existence.

>$170M budget
>unknown amount of marketing but clearly not much
>movie made $404M at the box office, $54M over what the producer said the break even point was
>not even counting bluray and merchandising profits
your napkin math is awful

"Martian" is not a notable ethnicity in the manga. The idea they look different than earthlings is entirely cameron OC.

>calling it just a role for a voice actress is objectively false
The actress never appears in the movie
It is a VA role, the motion capture is just a reference for cgi. And this VA did a poor job.

I’ll give you that one, alitard. Since she’s a robot I assume it takes place in the futute. And the way this country is going it wouldn’t surprise me if a few decades from now America is nothing but trannies and spics

>Rodriguez is so lazy he kept most of Cameron's script
>he cut 1/3 of the script out
you're not great at math are you

> only $54m over
OH NO NO NO LOOK AT THIS ALITARD TRANNY COPING LOL

I'm not even following the thread, but anyone who is actually trying to argue with these loser's that are getting a high off getting (you)'s on a internet forum, are nearly as bad as them.

Just starve them of the attention, and they'll get bored. Always do...

Attached: Disgust.jpg (235x271, 12K)

... yea, 2/3rds is most of 3/3rds...

god, you people are literal retards, aren't you...

Attached: rosalitafacefade.webm (464x420, 2.02M)

350m was a ballpark figure based in the assumption a james cameron movie would do better than 85m domestic. The actual break even point was notably higher due to how badly it flopped in the US.

Dialate tranny.

>the actress doesn't appear in the movie
>*posts BTS footage that isn't in the movie*
>UR WRONG LMAO

... suddenly realizing you're literal retards is kinda distressing. I'd feel bad, but you're probably too retarded to understand how stupid you look.

Arguing tards from both sides.
This movie is not good but it's also not horrifically terrible. It is exactly on par with the past decade of capeshit, with a slightly different flavor.
What it really is is just a movie length tech demo. And for that they've done well.
The people singing it's praises have taken this fandom way out of proportion, as a movie it is entirely undeserving.

this only proves what I said you fucknut.
Did you ever see a spotty faced spic in the movie?

on it's own its just aggressively mediocre. as an adaptation its utterly inexcusable.

Attached: wetasplit.webm (800x450, 176K)

Centrist faggot trying to sound like the voice of reason. Kill yourself virgin

>motion capture is just a reference for cgi
thanks for the demonstration

NEVER

Attached: 1562731615699.jpg (697x731, 59K)

dilate

Your “lucky” digits agree with me. You’re all pathetic weeb incel trannies and your shit movie was shit lmao
Give it up and stick to your containment group chat Alitards

again, performance capture is just reference for CGI work. She wasn't in the movie. Just like Kathryn Beaumont wasn't in alice in wonderland.

Disgusting

Rosa a shit

You fucking nigger take that back

Attached: 1561827006737.jpg (677x530, 37K)

F L O P I T A

> Alitards are not only trannies, but racists too.

i really don't know why they would go with the disgusting bug-eyed look other than taking one look at japanese shit and deciding the absolute best way to adapt it is to keep the gigantic fucking eyes

> Alita won't get a sequel
> Terminator has endless useless sequels

Attached: 1472099560430.jpg (379x214, 33K)

attractive female protagonist based on redpilled japanese manga = REEEE

Yeah because your such a newfag you screenshotted a pasta. Fucking retard

>cliffhanger
Did you walk out early?
Anyway, I don't want to see a Nova who isn't batshit insane.

well, at there's always the manga. The movie treatment literally can't go anywhere.

> go watch movie
> thought it was cool
> pick it up a few months later on Blu-ray or download the digital
> don’t obsess over it
Do your parents not give you enough attention or something Yea Forums? obsessing this much over anything is not healthy

Attached: 6F506B63-A20C-4F4A-B0F9-A95966C151AB.jpg (1000x1426, 517K)

its got some tranny stuff in it. also spics don't get many waifus.

I used to hate Alita's design, I found her eyes off-putting. But for some reason I'm coming around to seeing how cute she is. Maybe you fags have exposed me to it so much that i've accepted her appearance. Should I watch the movie? Is it actually good?

you try this every thread

Bait. This is either bait or you’re a closet tranny. Join their discord and they will give you cheap HRT and tranny pills. Fag.

lmao this is the first time i've ever posted in an alita thread. I just noticed there's a good torrent out now so I'll probably check it out. Can I have a rundown on why this movie is associated with trannies, though?

you say that every time someone points out you try this every thread.

Its really not, just anyone who disliked there being a /alita/ general just has used it because, they believe everyone they don't like on the internet is a trannie.

And if this is actually genuine and not some long samefagging bait, the movie is very much worth watching. There's even a 4k rip if your feeling funky.

fuck me, what am I trying? I've never posted in an alita thread. I just want to know if it's a good movie outside of waifu shit. Can I also please get a run down on this tranny stuff?

meant for
Okay, thank you for the genuine answer.

>Can I have a rundown on why this movie is associated with trannies
its a story about a girl who's stuffed into a body that doesn't fit who she is, really. She finds a body that does better fit who she is, but her surgeon "father" refuses to stuff her into that body. So she gets her first body destroyed. This causes her sugeon "father" to come around and stuff her into the body she found. The body starts out male, but then reforms according to her self-image, because she has, I quote, a normal teenage girl's brain.

Hmm. I'll have to watch it myself to see. Thank you actually explaining instead of sperging out, though user.

> anime live action capeshit movie
> naturally, weebs attracted to it
> weebs attraction becomes obsession > some type of weird cult is formed
> over 600 threads about it on Yea Forums. Not even movie discussion, just waifu fagging. Reylo and brony tier levels of cringe
> weebs have meets and it turns out they’re all trannies and LGBT
> namefags and OC makers lure in newfags and wonderers like you into joining their cult on discord
> Theyre turning innocent men, specially underage boys into trannies and gays
In hindsight it’s an alright movie, but their weird tranny fans ruined it for everyone. Don’t let them fool you. Careful summerfag. Or you’ll end up in their encyclopedia Dramatica

I'm the biggest Alita fan on earth but the movie was a 4/10.

If only chinks and third worlders had seen it we could have a decent sequel. The most interesting part is yet to come.

How does the floating city stay up there?
Those aren't guy wires, the cables sag.
And it's absolutely huge, too large for buoyant gas.
What is the in-world explanation?

the earth is gay and it doens't like that

Kill yourself, weirdo. I've been stuck on this site for over a decade, and i'm a NEET. Summerfag my ass. And I don't even use discord servers. I just began to think the main character was cute instead of creepy, and wanted to know if it was a good movie. You guys really need to answer questions directly instead of jumping into paranoid sperg mode.

>trannies
>projecting this hard

Spoiler alert.

Attached: 250px-Gunnm_Schéma_de_la_Terre.png (250x351, 69K)

she's like 300 yeros old

There’s no logical explanation. It’s like telling a man that he isn’t a woman for dressing up like one

Good luck with becoming a tranny then faggot. Start dilating now

>HURR DURR U WATCH MOBIE U R TRANNY EHEEHEHE
I haven't even watched it yet but you're making me want to buy the blu-ray when it comes out.

Obvious discord tranny same fagging
Your movie was a flop
Neck yourself

schizophrenia

>paranoid sperg mode
That's all they know...

I know, it makes me feel bad for them. God help these children

>If only chinks and third worlders had seen it we could have a decent sequel

Disney had to bury this movie by using their shills. Alita was released by fox studios and few people knew that Disney was negotiating to buy Fox that time. Alita was a threat to Cpt Marvel. Having a Fox movie with a strong female protagonist to overshadow Disneys strong female protagonist was bad news. Fox stocks would have gone up, resulting some extra billion's on Disneys tab. Thats why there were some really, really biased and retarded reviews in rotten tomatoes for Alita. The mouse was clearly pulling the strings. People got wind of these shenanigans and decided to defend the movie to this day.

Ah looks like they tired them self's out for the day.
I'm sure they'll be back tomorrow, after a long night sleep, and will be up bright and early to waste another 2 hours of their lives again tomorrow!

hobbling Alita release wasnt about the price of fox which would have been decided months ago , it was because they put all their eggs in one basket with Brie as she is supposedly the face of the MCU going forward. any competition at this point is a threat to the continuing avalanche of money making mediocre cape shit.

is it the HRT therapy that makes alit/r/annies so delusional?

heres your (you)... run along now ~

Attached: 1461972904520.jpg (318x264, 12K)

Disney shill. Oh what am I saying, I bet you do it for free.

Little did you know that the delusional tranny is you. There are literal evidence everywhere. Look some reviews in rotten tomatoes and tell me how some of these people became reviewers in the first place. There are some fag journos that said Alita was sexualized because she is a cyborg and her robotic body has curves and titties. Now those journos are "worrying" that Alita has a cult following that consists of alt right ppl and therefore is "potentially dangerous" Quit those faggot pills dude, they are messing with your brain

Attached: dillate faggot.jpg (1024x822, 105K)

based, i'm definitely going to watch it now

how about the more simple and reasonable explanation that's supported by an objective truth:
it was a shit movie

the quality of a movie has little to do with the amount of money it makes in theaters. try again, mouse shill

it was a bad movie that also flopped
also
>Disney pays people to make posts on Yea Forums

Attached: 1560709859304.jpg (1080x1212, 100K)

oh gosh you actually do it for free

Attached: freaker.png (512x512, 160K)

Why?

because it was going up against captain marvel, dummy. nobody crosses the mouse

>he got her ass kicked halfway into the movie which never happens
If by never you mean always happens because that's how narrative structure works, then I agree

All sorts of garbage gets sequels and. Whole franchises planned in advance.
Maybe that's why this felt more like a Young Adult book adaptation than a manga adaptation.
Like Hunger Games, Divergent or that Maze one.
Feels like it's pre-destined as a series of yet more trashy teen action movies. I'd lay even money on it.

Despite its flaws,if you cant recognize the fact that this is the most faithful manga-to-live action hollywood movie up to date, and the amazing cgi it has, then unironically you are gobbling Disney's mega dick

Why did Cameron decide to make her ugly?

I thought she was ugly too, but the more time I spend looking at her the less uneasy I feel. I've accepted her

The cgi is great but that's all it has going for it.
I don't get the angle that if you dislike this then you are somehow favouring some rival disney movie. Can't they both be shit?
It felt very much like a disney offering anyway.

forcing motorbowl into the story plus the lack of chemistry between the two actors you're supposed to believe are in love with each other killed the movie, blame's on cameron

He decided to make her like this I guess because he wanted to be as faithful to the manga/anime eyes, and lore wise, because she was originaly from Mars I think and Martians look different. When I first saw her in the trailer it kinda felt uncanny to me as well but the old man cameron did justice to her, and made her really lovable and believable as a character and ultimately the big eyes added more flair and purity into her. I got used to her eyes pretty easy and Im glad that Cameron didnt got cucked and kept it that way.

anyone else want to strangle gallys english va from the ova?

CGI for the sake of CGI. It's Cameron's hubris.
Should've just hired a beautiful young lady to play her

lole, the actual protagonist is a beautiful young lady. Cameron was hellbent to cgi her up

Attached: rosa-salazar-alita-battle-angel-estreno-mundial.jpg (793x1161, 113K)

>beautiful
>young

Attached: 1531833914551.jpg (620x827, 85K)

alita is a fugly thot