What is the most worst message a movie has ever had in your view?

Dallas Buyers Club is literally a movie about how you shouldn't take your HIV meds and you should instead take a bunch of vitamin supplements or some shit.
Ignoring that the medicine that is portrayed as evil and worthless is literally what has saved thousand of HIV positive lives.

It is literally a movie about the one thing the US health services did right about HIV, and portraying it as bad. Because vitamins.

I don't think I've seen a movie released within my lifetime that had a worse, more damaging message
What about you?

Attached: Nah man, vitamins.jpg (480x270, 25K)

You know you can enjoy how a character is made without agreeing blindly to what he does. I mean in this movie i the trans more relatable than him

Regardless of whether or not he is portrayed to be sympathetic or not (He is portrayed as a complex character and he can be interpreted in many ways), within the universe of the movie he is portrayed to be right.
The movie portrays the character as being right in his beliefs, the doctors as incompetent, and the medicine as bad.

Actually they downplayed the fact that the real life person had had unprotected sex with multiple people in his life and they had removed the fact the real life person was bisexual

So, the actual message I guess its
>You should have unprotected sex in a time when "gay cancer" was a thing but Oh me, oh me, oh my please feel sorry for men who had aids from unprotected anal sex.

The story's impact is reliant on the pre-conceived notion that the drugs work and that the doctors are more correct than he is. The movie is not being shown to people that don't understand medicine, Dallas Buyers Club does not make anti-vaxxers or anything like them. We live in a society

>The story's impact is reliant on the pre-conceived notion that the drugs work and that the doctors are more correct than he is.

It absolutely isn't, the central plot relies on his vitamin bullshit being more effective than medicine, the credit text even tries to defend this dumb ass thesis.

>the central plot relies on his vitamin bullshit being more effective than medicine
Is that why he died?

It's so amazing to be a young gay man in today's modern society, with PrEP currently available and a cure for HIV/AIDS on the horizon there's never been a safer and more enjoyable time to be a homosexual.

Attached: 1537734893201.jpg (450x405, 68K)

I'm just here to pollinate your wife's marigolds, Marty

Attached: 1_500.jpg (500x241, 42K)

>with PrEP currently available and a cure for HIV/AIDS on the horizon there's never been a safer and more enjoyable time to be a homosexual.
What is Super Aids for $500, Alex?

God's not Dead

Did you just not watch the movie? Is that it?
The fact that he dies is literally a mid-credit text scrawl, the ending scene is him having recovered enough to do rodeo shit again throug the magic of vitamins.
Are you retarded, or have you not watched the movie? Those are the only two options by this point
Could you elaborate?

I actually agree with you and have brought this up to people who have also seen the movie and they look at me like I'm psycho.

I liked the movie overall but there were too many bits where the main character says "Fuck you! There are experimental drugs available that haven't been studied yet and Big Pharma and you DOCTORS are withholding them!"

Well no shit, fucko. That's how medicine works. If we launched every experimental drug headlong into the patient population without any research or data, everyone would still be taking fucking snake oil for all of their complex medical problems. Without reliable data, medicine is nothing.

And you're right, the other message is basically "Yeah, go to Mexico and take a bunch of placebos that haven't been studied for efficacy or safety. Oh, and bring them illegally back to the US and sell them to a vulnerable population en masse."

If you wanted to really be safe though you would just stop having gay sex

There's still like:
chlamydia
Genital herpes
Gonorrhea
Syphilis
Trichomoniasis

Attached: 5yrh.jpg (848x568, 81K)

>and a cure for HIV/AIDS on the horizon
lmao, they've been saying that since 2000. Guaranteed in five years they'll have another "miracle cure" that's in the news for a few weeks before being quietly sidelined

All of this also affects straight men?

Its also about getting fucked in the ass by cowboys. Dont forget that part

Those are disease transmitted by sex in general. If you're sexually active with anyone you're at risk for STD's/STI's.
The difference is those won't inevitably kill you.

Attached: qwKrFVw.png (900x526, 384K)

I mean I guess this thread is already derailed, but could we actually talk about fucking film and television?

>If you're sexually active with anyone you're at risk for STD's/STI's.
>The difference is those won't inevitably kill you.
If you don't fuck gays or black women, your chances of actually getting an STD drop dramatically.

Yes. Except it's impacting individuals who have unprotected sex. Since gay men have multiple partners at higher rates than other demographics. Guess which group it impacts more. Straight guys or gay guys.

The numbers speak for themselves.

Attached: 6089-12-figure-2.png (960x720, 42K)

>Yes. Except it's impacting individuals who have unprotected sex. Since gay men have multiple partners at higher rates than other demographics. Guess which group it impacts more. Straight guys or gay guys. The numbers speak for themselves.

Attached: 37iS17R.jpg (1080x1920, 120K)

>Matthew Mcconaughey is a roughneck, no-nonsense rodeo guy
>A few quick google searches later he's knowledgable enough to get into a doctors face and ask why he isn't being given all these untested, experimental drugs

Found the homo, Why do you faggots get so defensive when another homo is criticised. Yes its fucking true homos are way more promiscuous. Maybe you arent but most of them are. Dont fucking defend them you dirty poo-raider. Just fucking accept the truth