youtube.com/watch?v=5oOK3e53elo
youtube.com/watch?v=xLU_GvlaTtI
youtube.com/watch?v=Osrut3gWFQ0
youtu.be/rzn1zLiVuRA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he was a pirate captain

>It wasn't just a story... Was it?

What don't you get?
Dude look. I watched this movie when I was 7 in theaters.
I thought later in life this movie was an acid trip from highschool or something.

Nobody did, which is why it flopped so hard

DUDE

I love the film for its imagination but this executed the same sort of idea in a far better way.

>when the son tells his father a story
>when all his father's friends turn up

Attached: 51TtOqIwy3L._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 35K)

I disagree. It was too melodramatic.

Brazil was better

Munchausen>Brazil>Time Bandits
All are enjoyable though.

I didn't like Time Bandits as much. Something about it didn't sit well with me.

This, it was too sappy

are you familiar with munchausen?
its based on a existing character

I was bored to death with it

Loosely though, right?

its actually fairly close, as far as i recall.

the only thing that wasnt part of the original stories is that his age/youthfulness changes with his mood

I was going to mention that Big Fish is basically the same concept.

The film looks beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=5oOK3e53elo

It keeps many of the main events but leaves out quite a bit.

Especially consideirng it's before CGI.

Attached: file.png (1366x730, 978K)

Because Gilliam is great at using in camera tricks and editing to do some impressive things that lesser directors need a shitload of special effects to pull off.
Gondry is the only other bigger name director I can think of who has a lot of fun with the medium.

There's some really good stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=xLU_GvlaTtI

Attached: baron-von-munchausen-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

Gondry just CGId everything

Wait I meant this one.
youtube.com/watch?v=Osrut3gWFQ0

Its pretentious shit served up for faggot kino students to fap over

No.

Attached: no country for unsanctioned bufoonery tommy lee jones.jpg (814x500, 50K)

The Fall is also similar.

the xfiles chick was good in that tv

Go back to your MCU thread

That was almost readable , Bravo go to the top of your upvotes twat

based

The point is that it doesn't make sense. It's an absurdist comedy held together by a string of gags.

>Obviously you didnt get it user

some plebbit twat will post some patronising shit explaining how its art and you are thick

Why doesn't anyone else try to do Gilliam's style?

Gilliam's best movie by far.

But you are thick

The real question is:
Who would in in a fight. Don Quixote De La Mancha, or Baron Munchhausen?

Attached: the man who killed don quioxte.jpg (928x523, 118K)

The 1961 film is better. Fight me.

Attached: fabulousbaronmunchausen01.jpg (794x586, 375K)

The moon part is great. There's something about the atmosphere that really works for me.

>Baron Munchausen (/ˈmʌntʃaʊzən/; German: [ˈmʏnçˌhaʊzn̩]) is a fictional German nobleman created by the German writer Rudolf Erich Raspe in his 1785 book Baron Munchausen's Narrative of his Marvellous Travels and Campaigns in Russia. The character is loosely based on a real baron, Hieronymus Karl Friedrich, Freiherr von Münchhausen.
>Born in Bodenwerder, Electorate of Brunswick-Lüneburg, the real-life Münchhausen fought for the Russian Empire in the Russo-Turkish War of 1735–1739. Upon retiring in 1760, he became a minor celebrity within German aristocratic circles for telling outrageous tall tales based on his military career. After hearing some of Münchhausen's stories, Raspe adapted them anonymously into literary form, first in German as ephemeral magazine pieces and then in English as the 1785 book, which was first published in Oxford by a bookseller named Smith.
Basically, Munchausen was a former soldier told stories that were likely highly embellished if not bullshit.
A guy wrote them down and had the stories published as fiction.
Mumchaisen was supposedly not happy about the stories being sold as fiction.
>The real-life Münchhausen was deeply upset at the development of a fictional character bearing his name, and threatened legal proceedings against the book's publisher. Perhaps fearing a libel suit, Raspe never acknowledged his authorship of the work, which was only established posthumously.

You spent time wobbling that bingo wing to type that Well Done Timmy , time for your meds soon kiddo

im gonna wobble my dick in an
nd out of your mom you little shit

>not the 1979 animated version
>youtu.be/rzn1zLiVuRA

He sounds based desu