*saves your film industry*

*saves your film industry*
why haven't you gone out a support them Yea Forums i thought you liked kino?

Attached: Criterion-Collection.jpg (1280x720, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/jbutts15/list/the-complete-criterion-collection/
reddit.com/r/criterion/comments/bnedas/criterion_channel_available_through_vpn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like their special editions. The only one's i've bought are Linklater films like Dazed and Confused, and Slacker.

Attached: dacdvd.jpg (320x317, 47K)

The sneederion chucklection.

they're good but if you have too many you're a hipster

cringe

They release stuff one step up from IMDBcore shit at ridiculous prices. Shill thread.

and slicker (city slicker)

What's not IMDBcore according to you?

>fucking expensive
>streaming service not available in eu
>really fucking expensive
I always torrent criterion if it counts in any way

But he's right. They pretend to be 'heroes' and be 'saving film industry' while selling shit at ridiculous prices. If they actually cared they would give it for free or at least make it affordable.

its not expensive during the 50% off sale at Barnes and noble. Which is happening right now.
Been starting my collection now with these decent sales.

yes let me order the five cassavetes' films from barnes and nobles and ship it for a gozzillion to porrandu fuck criterion for not hitting the eu market

>would give it for free
>after tons of time dedicated to an already niche product
>thinking they would have been able to get to 1000 films by just giving them away are selling them for the same price as a standard dvd/blu ray.

Attached: 700.jpg (461x438, 33K)

DESU, there's not a lot in the criterion collection that looks interesting. The vast majority of the library looks old and obscure to the point where i have no idea where to start. I've randomly watched only 1 movie series in their collection that i sort of enjoyed. Zatoichi. I thought it was cool, but it's really hard for me to find something that interests me in the collection.

Any recommendations?

anybody else have trouble with the streaming on their site? every once in a while the video stops, and it doesn't buffer by itself and continue. you have to skip slightly ahead to get it to keep playing.

what do you like. There are a lot of big name classics that are available. not everything is pretentious foreign films from 1930

letterboxd.com/jbutts15/list/the-complete-criterion-collection/

watched 234

I fidanzati
camille claudel 1915
anything by sacha guitry
big joy, small sorrow
betty blue
le bonheur
stolen kisses

>he doesn't know that it's piss easy to get the criterion channel in Europe
You don't even need a vpn: reddit.com/r/criterion/comments/bnedas/criterion_channel_available_through_vpn/
No. 2 worked perfectly for me. The android app doesn't have region blocking!

>supporting distributors
cuck mindset. torrent and seed

seed

thanks nigger, I will remember about it once I get an android device
would still prefer to get physicals of some of my favs tho

*sneed

oh god, thank you for telling me about this

Who here owns it?

Attached: zcQiVXuZFCisdXVhLeyD96Hxr6Vqp8_large.jpg (1288x1600, 60K)

Just start watching pussy

Depends on taste but I highly recommend Repo Man, House, Police Story, Lady Snowblood, Eyes Without a Face, Brazil, Videodrome, or any Hitchcock film.

>saves your film industry
but they don't make movies

>having too much kino is a bad thing
quit letting memes run your life

>shit at ridiculous prices
no one buys criterions at msrp

since you liked Zatoichi. try Sword of Doom or Yojimbo if you want something more "arty;" for more pulpy stuff Three Outlaw Samurai or Lady Snowblood

>The vast majority of the library looks old and obscure to the point
the absolute state of Yea Forums
some of these films are among most famous films in history, and certainly most of them are among the famous "arthouse" films ever.

anyone with an interest in film history will have heard of a lot these after just an hour or two of reading up on the subject (and if you aren't interested in history, then you don't really need to bother with Criterion desu)

So what will spine #1000 be??

A Box set of every movie in the world

everyone seems to think it will be Citizen Kane since they've had recent dealings with WB and also rumored to release The Other Side of the Wind (which would then be #1001), so in all likelihood it won't be that

i'm going to guess The Grand Budapest Hotel since they like to put Wes Anderson films in the #x00 spine and the dumb pun about a "grand" = 1000

Their streaming service is based.

that would be pretty huge

For you

stop being a europoor

the EU has it's own good home video producers. Criterion isn't the end all be all. The reason they are so big in NA is that they/Janus Films pretty much cornered the non-English language classic film market since the major studios wanted nothing to do with that niche

>Citizen Kane
man that would be disappointing
>The Grand Budapest Hotel
MAN THAT WOULD BE DISAPPOINTING

Kane was their first Laserdisc and undeniably a historically significant film, one of the biggest in history. It would be a huge release for them, regardless of any prospective consumer's personal opinions.

Whats so special about this version that it costs $40 vs the $5 walmart bin dvd i have

It has to fund the dvd production of the obscure French shit no one buys

Wish we had a Criterion-like Netflix service in Europe. Netflix has nothing worth of kino

We used to get Turner Classic Movies on tv which was wonderful but that stopped in 2014, made me very sad. I can't believe this market doesn't get cornered over here.

Citizen Kane has been released numerous times on blu ray and only anal criterion completists would be excited about the prospect of having CK in the collection. Criterion should be more focused on getting films released that aren't available yet. Anybody who wants to get Citizen Kane on blu ray can already do so.

Read this

the fucking criterion channel doesnt work on my shitty computer, says it has something to do with antipiracy which is ironic since i've gone right back to downloading movies

The exclusive director’s cut, containing previously unseen footage, in a new digital transfer personally supervised by Michael Bay

Two commentary tracks: One featuring Michael Bay, producer Jerry Bruckheimer, Bruce Willis, and Ben Affleck; the second featuring cinematographer John Schwartzman, NASA consultant Dr. Joe Allen, and asteroid consultant Ivan Bekey

Optimal image quality: RSDL dual-layer edition

Michael Bay’s gag reel
Deleted scenes compiled by Michael Bay
Storyboards and production design drawings
Analyses of the special effects by visual effects supervisors Richard Hoover, Pat McClung, and Hoyt Yeatman
Production designer Michael White on the look of Armageddon
Trailer, teaser, and television spots
The Aerosmith music video “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing,” plus interviews with band members

I liked their restoration of Godzilla, are the rest being restored too? I'm tired of only being able to watch the showa series on DVD

Attached: fu.gif (498x430, 1.88M)

>watching a film on a fucking telephone

>Anybody who wants to get Citizen Kane on blu ray can already do so.
true, but muh packaging and (better) supplements
regardless, it will be a huge seller. they'd be stupid not to do it if given the chance.

>not buying a fire stick for 25€ and watching criterion channel on your tv in Europe

I prefer to waste my money on hard to come by blurays that aren't over priced

Attached: 200px-Arrowvideo.jpg (200x200, 8K)

those are expensive, too (at least the Region A releases are)

anyways, maybe 1 in 10 cult/genre films are actually worth a damn, and i own a couple dozen Arrow Video releases

>One featuring Michael Bay, producer Jerry Bruckheimer, Bruce Willis, and Ben Affleck
Doesn't Affleck keep shitting on the movie throughout the entire commentary or something

their UK selection is fucking atrocious. what a disgraceful shitshow of an offering. they only shit out literal who 50s turds and Lena Dunham trash. meanwhile it took them 5 years to release Ugetsu Monogatari.

Yeah and then Bruce Willis calms him out on it lol