A fish! No!

A fish! No!
*goes mad and dies*

Attached: 150724-hp-lovecraft.jpg (1561x2355, 602K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pulp-lit.com/310.html
pulp-lit.com/320.html
pulp-lit.com/340.html
pulp-lit.com/290.html
pulp-lit.com/280.html
dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/thestatementofrandolph.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>a book! no!
>*goes on Yea Forums and shitposts*

Attached: 2mdron.jpg (560x746, 54K)

innsmouthers amirite?

>racist incel

yikes and tentaclepilled

And his cat niggerman

>proceeds to mate a jewish woman
is he the hacker known as Yea Forums

>Literally too scary to describe so I won't even attempt to describe it at all!

>When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

yeah i am thinking based

People who never read Lovecraft are the ones posting about him the most.
And it's A fish! No!
*turns into a fish hybrid and break out other fish hybrid out of asylum so they can go live underwater*

Never read any Lovecraft? He always overdescribes the monsters.

read a book and have sex

shub niggurath

Attached: hplovecraft-smiling.jpg (1596x1890, 668K)

Reminder that fish""""people"""" deserve the rope

Who would win in a fight

Attached: 298px-Tesla_circa_1890.jpg (298x399, 29K)

I actually like his stories a lot but it's been a while since I read them.
I had one specific story in mind when I made that post though. I don't remember exactly which but it was two guys digging a hole/tunnel/grave and one of them sees something so horrible that he couldn't even describe it. And then he sort of dies I think.

simply lovecraftian

Attached: 1552324085108.jpg (602x614, 69K)

racist fucking asshole, I want to punch him in his Nazi fucking face

What do octopi think about?

Attached: 1552256003672.webm (718x404, 2.74M)

>The virgin Tesla vs the chad slayer of Hebrew pusy

Will do, my man.

cuddly fella :)

>gets pussy; stops being a racist
>Chad
Pick one. Meanwhile, Chad Tesla
>BTFOed Thots
>was pals with Nazis
>was in favor of eugenics
>BTFOed fatties all the time

How can you describe something if you are dead

underrated

He died after he wasn't able to describe it.

Have (consensual) sex, nigger

Best Lovecraft books:
5 HPL books. You can download the pdfs for free (and legally).
pulp-lit.com/310.html
pulp-lit.com/320.html
pulp-lit.com/340.html
pulp-lit.com/290.html
pulp-lit.com/280.html
They're almost complete (not when it comes to poetry though), are in the format of the old pulp magazines, have some bio and info before the stories and are in chronological order. No typos or errors that I could find either.
It's the best HPL books I know about and they are free.

you go mad when you try to comprehend dimensions that your puny human intellect can't handle, the fish people just come from the same space we are in but dimensions that are not perceivable to us.

t. samefag

opening some dusty old irrelevant book is enough to makes you feel superior baka

have kids

Strange aeons

>be tesla
>die alone in a room in love with a pigeon

>Yea Forums is a funhaus board

Attached: claimed.gif (498x280, 2.63M)

>normalfags pretend to love Lovecraft for years
>dude cthulhu lmao
>suddenly hate his works and make it a point to constantly bring up how much of a horrible racist he was
Oh no, someone a hundred years ago said nigger. This is truly something awful that affects me personally and he must be stopped.

Apparently if lovecraft is anything to go on how much they hate niggers and how they want a big titty Jew gf

Best Lovecraft story:
Favorite Lovecraft Story:
Favorite Arkham Cycle Monster:
Favorite Dream Cycle Monster:
Favorite movie adaptation:
Favorite Lovecraftian movie that isn't an adaptation:

I'll go first.
The Colour Out of Space
The Unnamable
Wilbur Whateley
The Cats (cats are monsters, didn't you know?)
The Resurrected
Cigarette Burns

ur waifu a shit

For me? It's Nyarlathotep!

Attached: file.png (320x400, 189K)

rude

Attached: no.gif (500x288, 2.72M)

>The Colour Out of Space
My nigga!

Attached: 1528976805891.jpg (553x441, 27K)

Elyse is fucking ugly and married to a closet fag.

Attached: Bonesen.jpg (848x435, 38K)

>dude what if niggers lmao

Attached: 1546721218492.png (748x443, 226K)

The new version of the movie is coming out next year, I think. Or this year. The 80s one with Wesley Crusher was... okay, I guess?
I have no hope for the new version.

If he was able to describe it then why would he die

The Temple
Rats in the Walls
Nyarlathotep
Herbert West
Dagon
Evil Dead

IIRC, he hated the smell of fish. This kind of sucked because Rhode Island lol. Lovecraft also had a mental breakdown when he found out he was part Welsh, and that served as inspiration for a shadow over innsmouth.

That story is The Shunned House and he does describe it. It's some kind of yellow thing that shifts from gaseous to gelatinous with eyes all over it and it turns his uncle on him as it liquefied him into being a part of it I think.

I inverted dream and arkham cycle monsters

racists can't be incels

What's this thread got to do with Funhaus?

22 yo edgelords are gonna write things like that. He renounced most of his racist ideas over the years though. He was more of a scientific racist that anything else (we must remember that that shit was even taught in universities) and as the science evolved so did his ideas.
In fact, Lovecraft was such a science fag that the only weird belief he had for his time (which turned out to be proven correct years later) was in the drifting of the continents from a single landmass of the past.

huehue

Try dissecting the digestive tract of a red horse sucker. Once you get passed the smell (you won't) good luck identifying any of the organs. The liver is long and stringy and winds around the intestines like a ball of mating snakes. The stomach...doesn't really exist, it's a series of tubes and mush that sloshed around like coagulated blood and mucus. The only way to get your barings is to locate the esophagus and follow that down into madness

Attached: 1444083577397.png (404x507, 213K)

Attached: women - lies.gif (793x536, 2.78M)

The Welsh are truly Lovecraftian

But one of his favorite and most influencial author was Welsh... (Arthur Machen)

Is it true he stopped being as racist before he died? I need to know because then I have something to respond with when people discredit his work just because he was racist.

Sometimes these things are just unknowable bro

>I need to know because then I have something to respond with when people discredit his work just because he was racist.

Who can say. Everyone in these threads is just parroting second-hand opinions they read somewhere else, which in turn seem based on a documentary about him, in which the claims about him giving up on racism are on a speculative basis.

You don't need to claim he repented to defend him as an author. Many great authors, from Shakespeare to Mark Twain, had ideas which would be considered controversial today. In no way does it undermine their work.

Attached: 1428193435196.png (552x390, 74K)

>You don't need to claim he repented to defend him as an author
With these idiots I do. Talking about his impact on horror wouldn't accomplish anything.

It's true, but it wasn't a single moment, he became less and less racist as he got older.
One of his friend and mentor was also the leader of the anti-discrimination league. They often argued about race, but they were always open to new ideas and ways of thinking.
There's a 5 volume colleced letters of Lovecraft. I read them years ago (mostly for the historical context than for Lovecraft himself at the time). The guy was racist and homophobic (but not sexist at all) for most of his life, but he tried not to preach about it in his stories. He trully believed in the neutrality of the writer and that any social opinion should be from a character's mind and never revealed as true or not by the story.
He did write some racist essays and poetry though.

>With these idiots I do

No you don't. You are entitled to a position of your own. It's entirely reasonable to defend the concept of not judging an author based on what kind of person they were.

>Guys, listen, what if aliens existed? *gets put into asylum*

You just know

There's letters of him saying he regret some of his ealier racist beliefs. In book 5 of Arkam House Collected Letters.

>but he tried not to preach about it in his stories.

Tried, but not very successfully.

wow just like me

Yes. He wrote about how he kinda regretted SEETHING so much over muh niggers.

It might very well just be PR.

I don't really care what they think, I'm just annoyed that they want to stop discussing Lovecraft because of his personal views. If I can make them believe he wasn't that racist all his life then maybe they won't be so apprehensive when talking about him.

Why? Name ONE instance of him preaching about race.
Remember that the guy in Herbert West was a bad guy who thought himself better and above most people (he wasn't as bad as West, but still).

Personal letters never meant to be published. It wasn't PR. He did publish some racist letters and essays in his ealier years.

not who u replied to but it a lot of his stories he goes out of his way to describe black people and even native Americans as sub human

Statement of Randolph Carter

niggers stink
niggers are gay
i like to hang
niggers all day
-H.P. Lovecraft

People love a good redemption story. Except if your name is Lovecraft, apparently...
What's weird is that he wasn't even that racist. iI just read a mystery book from the 40s and the first 50 pages had more racism than all of Lovecraft's work including his Nigger poem.
But the author was a Scotish woman, so that mught explain the racism against every fucking other races ever created that there was in the book.

>Name ONE instance of him preaching about race.

I'll give you two:
- huge chunk of The Horror at Red Hook (just read the whole thing and tell me you don't see the numerous references)

- Rats in the Walls:

>As I have said, I moved in on July 16, 1923. My household consisted of seven servants and nine cats, of which latter species I am particularly fond.

Shadow over Innsmouth also has references to interbreeding being undesirable.

supposedly he mellowed out a great deal after he get married and HAD SEX

Sex is the mind killer

>What's weird is that he wasn't even that racist.

Delusion or denial

>Shadow over Innsmouth also has references to interbreeding with fishmonsters being undesirable.
ftfy

>My household consisted of seven servants and nine cats, of which latter species I am particularly fond.
holy based

Characters do that. Because they think they are better or because they are educated. We call that pseudo-science these days (the idea that some races are born inferior), but it used to be taught as science back then.
But truthfully, Lovecraft wrote more about white trash being white trash than about blacks or other races. If he failed in his "objectivity" as a writer, this is it.
The guy HATED white trash more than niggers.

Attached: D-Yf4VoVUAAGf1p.jpg (600x281, 54K)

The servants in Rats are white.

Ya I don't disagree, pretty much everything you just said correct

Yep, that's the one.

By the standards of the time he really was very average

he got dementia and turned retarded

>Terrified, I continued to repeat, “Warren, what is it? What is it?”
Once more came the voice of my friend, still hoarse with fear, and now apparently tinged with despair:
“I can’t tell you, Carter! It’s too utterly beyond thought—I dare not tell you—no man could know it and live—Great God! I never dreamed of THIS!”

That was his dad. And his mom.

Imagine fucking a fish woman's smelly pussy

Tfw no monster gf

Attached: 5E185705-6C2D-4D10-B0B3-2C1521AE23B7.jpg (702x563, 34K)

That wasn't a "story" he came up with, it was a dream he transcribed.
It's a weak story, but is considered part of the Dream Cycle because of Carter. It may or may not take place in the Dreamlands. If it doesn't, it's a pretty weak narrative. If it does, it at least gets the effect right at the end.
That's probably one of the only stories of ol' HPL where he doesn,t describe the creature for several paragraphs straight.

well, you're white in the rats too!

Based ancient deities enthusiast, Varj would be proud.

Attached: plantary-lovecraft.jpg (458x772, 79K)

>How does he keep getting away with it!?!?

The Shadow Out of Time
The Haunter of the Dark
I love the ghouls
got to pick(man) the ghouls again
From Beyond
The Void

I'm guessing it's actually this one: dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/thestatementofrandolph.htm

>"I can't tell you, Carter! It's too utterly beyond thought--I dare not tell you--no man could know it and live--Great God! I never dreamed of this!"

t. read all of these this year

Yog-Sothoth shits on this fag

that site has many typos in the stories
hplovecraft.com is a better site for accurate texts (and they have ALL the texts and poems. Not many letters though)

Why is Lovecraft so popular on Yea Forums?

Yeah I noticed, they were pretty easy to catch though.

Because most of Yea Forums is normie and hasn’t taken the Howardpill yet

>One of his friend and mentor was also the leader of the anti-discrimination league.
Nigger why would you just come in here and tell lies?

>Is it true he stopped being as racist before he died?
No, it is a cope by a few really pathetic fans of Lovecraft who can't just accept that he was racist and get over it.

the ultimate r pill

We never see the creature in that story. But it talks to Carter through the radio his friend was using.

>"You fool, Warren is DEAD!"

I think it was Ghouls that got him since the guy went underground in a mysterious cemetery.

>"My coming to New York had been a mistake; for whereas I had looked for poignant wonder and inspiration [...] I had found instead only a sense of horror and oppression which threatened to master, paralyze, and annihilate me."

What did he mean by this?

NY has always been a roted apple.

But lovecraft's first name is Howard?

At the Mountain of Madness
>Something happened
>Walking and climbing down with exposition for 200 pages
>Sees some vaguely moving goo
>Bails

Its the book equilevant of seeing one jumpscare and leaving the cinema

ikr

Attached: spring1.png (720x304, 164K)

Mystic arts versus energy weapons, could be a cool fight. I'd watch an anime about it.

I really like Lovecraft, but his stories are not original. They're his take on Poe, Dunsany and Machen's stories.

The Shunned House is great, one of his earlier works, if I remember correctly. A really cool take on a "vampire story".

If he was racist then, he ought to see how those apes behave themselves today. Of course he'd probably be disgusted in whites for putting up with it as well.

There's a game like that. It's a good top-down shooter.

Attached: tesla vs lovecraft on steam.jpg (460x215, 71K)

It's also too technical. I would need to be a science fag to understand everything (or google every 2 lines about geology, mineralogy, zoology, history, paleontology, etc.)
Shadow Out of Time is better.

Both Tesla and Lovecraft would be Yea Forums posters if they were alive today

theyd probably be massive weebs too