Huuuuuuuuh

>Huuuuuuuuh

Attached: 260px-Ramiel_110.jpg (260x195, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_(Translation)
youtube.com/watch?v=lfihonZlPFY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Trent
wiki.evageeks.org/White_Moon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

huh?

Best girl

Is this the only episode where Rei isn’t completely useless?

>you share a site with plebs who think the overwrought rebuild version of this angel is better than the tv version

Attached: 1545175952832.gif (300x164, 1.86M)

she does end the world in EoE

best girl

Attached: 43B8556E-1492-4AB4-8485-F210CCE4E140.jpg (720x540, 91K)

She killed the second to last angel by asploding herself

She cute.

for me, it's the Sea of Dirac angel

Attached: 1562555819626.png (638x480, 371K)

>not in the manga or Rebuild
BTFO

So why were the angels attacking again? I watched this in the 90s.

Because it looked cool

idk
something about Adam and Earth being their rightful home or something like that

I believe they're trying to reach Lilith, which is beneath NERV headquarters.

4 billion years ago a extremely powerful alien race known as the First Ancestral Race (FAR) seeded life across the galaxy. They sent seeds on moon-like vessels with a control mechanism (lance of longinus) and a manual to explain wtf they were (dead sea scrolls) in case other races came across them. The 1 golden rule was that no 2 seeds could be on the same planet as you could achieve powers rivaling the FAR and it would be disastrous for a primitive race to do so. The FAR themselves combined into a singular being in an alternate dimension known as the chamber of guf and then eventually died, waiting for their souls to be reborn in their new races.

The white moon containing the seed Adam lands on Earth. Adam's children (Angels) are gifted with the Fruit of Life which makes them strong and durable but not very bright. All is good for a bit and Adam's offspring evolve. However the Black Moon containing the seed Lilith malfunctions and crashes on Earth. The crash is known as First Impact and is so huge it creates the moon from the debris. Lilith's lance is destroyed in the crash, so to prevent 2 seeds from coexisting Adam's lance puts him and the angels into suspended animation. Lilith thus inherits the earth and all biological lifeforms evolve from her (from bacteria to modern humans).

in 1947 SEELE discovers Adam's lost dead sea scrolls and learns of all this. To try and make themselves gods they engineer the Katsuragi Expedition to Antarctica to secretly conduct 2nd Impact which awakens Adam. Adam wakes up and is mad that Lilin have inherited his world and sends out an anti-AT field, but reduced to an Embryo by the expedition via his Spear. The Angels also wake up but mature slowly (fully awakening 15 years after 2nd Impact). They want to reach Adam and complete his anti-AT Field wave to wipe out humanity and reclaim the earth for their race

Yui is best

Attached: A2552337-5C5E-4106-B711-5FE24702E76E.jpg (1024x1449, 549K)

>Lilith thus inherits the earth and all biological lifeforms evolve from her (from bacteria to modern humans).
why didn't plants get tang'd?

Dude, what?

Maybe they did. I didn't see any plants at the end of EoE.

>Maybe they did. I didn't see any plants at the end of EoE.
i saw grass and stuff but maybe it got tang'd later

They did. Notice there's no grass or anything in EoE

By the epilogue you don't see any plant life.

Also in the originals series they say that 2nd Impact wiped down Antarctica to even the microbe level

plants don't have souls

Have sex.

Anno, is that you?

Seriously though, how is anyone supposed to figure this shit out? You maybe get a very vague reference in a throwaway line one time for this lore.

>people can return from instrumentality if they have strong enough wills and desires to be individuals again
>they're fucked anyway because there's no ecosystem
i hope you can survive by eating LCL

They say in Ep 1 Director's Cut that LCL is highly nutritious

guess they gotta figure out a way to create oxygen then

I remember that.

Attached: bliss.png (1920x1080, 3.66M)

Whoa, i thought it was just big robots fighting monsters

maybe if plants and trees have souls and can be turned into tang they can also turn back

>The FAR themselves combined into a singular being in an alternate dimension known as the chamber of guf and then eventually died, waiting for their souls to be reborn in their new races.
Nothing in the show suggests this.

this user knows what's up

Attached: LELiel.jpg (750x1000, 91K)

it's only explained in parallel works, some of it apparently was only explained in some obscure videogames they released years later
honestly the mystery and confusion is part of the experience, that's why it's so striking and unique

Is there some lore justification for why all the pilots are kids? I get why shinji is but why not get the mothers of decorated soldiers or something to merge with he evas?

presumably decorated soldiers arent as easy to manipulate as 14 year olds?
i mean, obviously the real answer is because otherwise there wouldnt be 14 year old waifus but the above is probably as close as you can get

On a in-universe level is the fact that you need orphans for the moms-evas.
On a meta level, is part of the deconstruction of similar stories.

yeah that sounds better than because t&a

I never got why plebs liked the rebuild version, it's the same thing just very exagerated. even the laser is just bullshit powerful, in the show it melts a building and unit 01's armor in the rebuilds the laser fucking melts a building just like the show did but adds another 6 buildings, and in the end, it fucking melts a mountain, what is this shit?

She helps against matarael
Slows down zeruel for a bit
Kills the spaghetti angel
Throws the spear of longinus

Chamber of Guff

wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_(Translation)

>it fucking melts a mountain, what is this shit?
fucking awesome?

Attached: 457485675.gif (500x280, 354K)

>Is there some lore justification for why all the pilots are kids?
children-mothers were the best synch ratios.

True, they talk about guff in the series. the classified part spells out what implied in series and movies and I am ok with that.
I just question the specific element of the ancestral race "suiciding" so to say.

bigger =/= better, filthy pleb

>he can't just enjoy the spectacle of rebuild without autistically attributing deegrees of value
Sorry you didn't enjoy yourself, user.
Have a nice day.

Attached: 90875533432.png (271x267, 63K)

Not him - I think there is nothing wrong in like a cool thing.
But personally, I find it "too much", almost at the level of self-parody. Almost as "we have the money this time, WHEEEEEEEE".
While before looked like everything was pondered (then they ran out of money and went full Citizen Kane).

the tv show and movie already had enough good animation, action and fanservice, if you want to enjoy braindead spectacle i recommend you MIchael Bay

the rebuilds are just massive disappointments though, I wasn't expecting anything with the depth of the original series, but I was expecting good movies. Instead they're all shit cgi animation, 3 in particular felt like a car commercial from the early 00s

the self parody aspect may be intentional?

>But personally, I find it "too much", almost at the level of self-parody
i can relate to that i already reached that point when eoe came out
i doubt anyone actually thinks the rebuilds hold up to the show in quality, it just doesnt stop me from enjoying them

Possible. I think Anno has a contempt for the fanbase.
Why i think this? The new girl in the rebuilt.

>not him
Did you just assume my gender?

>it just doesnt stop me from enjoying them
Good for you user, and not meant in a dismissing way.

So, what you're saying is... The angels wanted to reach the seed and feed?

>implying the rock, bad boys, armageddon etc. arent enjoyable
this may surprise you but michael bays career didn't start with the transclownomorphs shit

Wasn't the manga made after the anime making it secondary

yes, and it's "faggot"

The best angels were the ones without real form, like the bacterial one and the fungal one, because they essentially bypass the Eva's ability to fight them

yes

>3 in particular
pls be quiet as this summons the looptheory faggots

but no all angels come from earth, some come from space, also shouldnt Adam bé the one on the spear cause that's what Eva's are taken from?

It's explained in an N64 game

lmao

You are just projecting yourself, nigger

for me, it's Shinji and Warhammer 40k, the best Evangelion crossover fanfic.

lmao easy there snowflake

HOLD UP IS THAT SAIGADO

they are not, the best out of them is bad boys and that shit is mediocre at best in terms of schlock

>but no all angels come from earth, some come from space,

Some angels were scattered into orbit during 2nd Impact and matured in space

>also shouldnt Adam bé the one on the spear cause that's what Eva's are taken from?
SEELE had Adam's body and used it to make the Eva's except Unit 1 who was taken from Lilith

>already bringing up the snowflake bs,
You've trained to came up with that, fucking npc

I cannot fucking believe you got this mad.
You are a joke.

losers type out posts like yours
winners go home and fuck the prom queen

you seem knowledgeable
is kaworu a clone like rei? if so whos?
if not, how is adams soul in him
did it just find a random baby during 2nd impact?

they had the Adam's body? wasn't only an embryo? and wasn't lilith the white giant wich Eva's were taken form?
Making the white giant Lilith was a cheap twist

>SEELE had Adam's body and used it to make the Eva's except Unit 1 who was taken from Lilith
What? Eva's are all human, meaning they're all made from Lilith. Only angels came from Adam.

Cheer up emo spider

>they had the Adam's body? wasn't only an embryo?
Yeah, if I remember right it was like a clone, they basically just had Adam's DNA, not the original Adam

>and wasn't lilith the white giant wich Eva's were taken form?
Yes. That other poster doesn't know what he's talking about. All Eva's came from Lilith.

IIRC, only 01 is lilith based.
00, 02 and perhaps the series ones are Adam-based.

but Eva's should come from Adam, like the rib of Adam

you can obviously breath in lcl since they do in the plugsuits

but is new oxygen being generated? that's the problem

go read Lilith story.

No, this isn't based on Christian mythology, it's Kabbalah. In that story, it wasn't Adam and Eve, it was Adam and Lilith. It's a different Adam than the one from Genesis.

Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve, ok?
Braise Jesus

no such thing, just folclore, Lilith being the first wife of Adam, but the one from the ribs of Adam is Eva

Dude, Lilith just was the first wife of Adam acording to some likes, but the one from the ribs is Eva in the Bible and the Torah
It was just a cheap trick, oh you think that's Adam cause we are taking Eva's from him right? well that's Lilith, not Adam
Prankd!

In Eva, Angels are descended from Adam, and humans are descended from Lilith. This is made extremely clear. It's also made extremely clear that Eva's are human. Therefore, Eva's come from Lilith.

why shinji never beat the shit out of these animals?

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (260x149, 7K)

where do you saw the evas come from the rib?
you just focus on that idea.

Once she gave up on the eden garden, Lillith gave birth to demons, copulating with some demon,
God had to send her his angels to stop her, and she got an ultimatum: get back to Adam, or your children die.
They killed them. And she decide to get back to God by getting into the eden garden and tempting Eva to eat the apple.

>no such thing, just folclore,
It's called apocrypha texts. And it's kind of a modern concept.
Every text of the non canon bible was folklore.
And some people met at some point during middle age, to decide what should be canon or not in the Bible.
The is no God's choice. It's men's choice.

I think the real question is Did Gendo fuck Rei(s)?

this was presented as Adam and it made sense cause those legs would be Eva's
Making Adam the father of the angels is bullshit

Nah

>And some people met at some point during middle age, to decide what should be canon or not in the Bible.
lmao those fucking nerds
and people were killed years later for agreeing or disagreeing, think about the level of flamewar now sublimated into StarWars canon, weird species are we

>And some people met at some point during middle age, to decide what should be canon or not in the Bible.
no

>Making Adam the father of the angels is bullshit
I guess for a period they thought he was the father of the humanity. When they found lilith it was "ah. AHHH. Wow, we are the OTHERS".

S-Senpai?

Attached: Maya5.jpg (800x600, 44K)

>but no all angels come from earth, some come from space,
>Some angels were scattered into orbit during 2nd Impact and matured in space
They all are coming from the moon, dummies. The moon is Adam's egg. The Geofront is Lilith's egg.

>Huge dick that drills into miles into the earth
>Girl

Testing

That's some fucking muh deepest lore right there.
This is definitely what Square Enix was going for with FF15.
It's kind of frustrating that you have to consume all that from different media just to get the big picture.
Sage for offtopic.

no she fixed it but shinji ruined it like he ruins everything

ANONS!!! Sneeda feeda

gr8 b8 m8, but I have sex with real women

I made the same thread a few days ago and one user commented that LCL evolves in a super high speed.
Basically with in 1 generation they would already have dinosaurs walking around again

where is that stated?

What happened to the angels and Adam at the end of eva?
Where they all killed or turned to tang as well?

the angels were killed beforehand, dumbass

Plants don’t want to share souls, they’re individualistic like that

And this is why they found one at embryo stage in a volcano!
Retard.

Both Gendo and Selee decide to act because the angels are gone.
Life on earth is confirmed Lilith based, they have been BTFO again.

>the chamber of chuck
>the lance of guccinis

did you know that almost every episode has an angel being killed in it?

In some PSP game where they talk about all of this.

Yeah... I don't know if you were trying to argue with me or what, but that Angel came from the moon like all of the other Angels.

yeah, it's implied he starts doing it after the fling with Ritsuko

>no disrespect T but this don't look right

Attached: end of paulgelion.png (1153x634, 373K)

youtube.com/watch?v=lfihonZlPFY

>t.Zoomer who just discovered a 20 year old anime thinks he's clever

Attached: neon-genesis_00413740.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

Fucking kek.

Attached: 1556241164379.jpg (623x612, 32K)

>Yeah... I don't know if you were trying to argue with me or what, but that Angel came from the moon like all of the other Angels.
The white moon is in antarctica, where Adam landed. Genius.

I had a stuffed pen pen in my dorm in college in the 00s

Then were's the white Geofront there, smart guy?

yes.

>The Council of Trent (Latin: Concilium Tridentinum), held between 1545 and 1563 in Trent (or Trento, in northern Italy)[...]
>The Council issued condemnations of what it defined to be heresies committed by proponents of Protestantism, and also issued key statements and clarifications of the Church's doctrine and teachings, including scripture, the Biblical canon, sacred tradition, original sin, justification, salvation, the sacraments, the Mass, and the veneration of saints.

source:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Trent

I think that's the whole point of the twist Adam being actually Lilith.
You think it's based on the canon biblical texts you already know, but actually it's more the non canon texts, and you don't really know who is Lilith and have to check the encyclopedia universalis of your mother (because internet in mid 90s...)
and what said

I would bet it was not decided from the beginning of the show, though.

>is kaworu a clone like rei? if so whos?
Kawrou is a clone of a member of the Katsuragi Expedition. Who is not known. It probably was the person who initially made contact with Adam.

The embryo is Adam's body, just devolved by the spear of longinus. It still has all of Adam's potency tho.

>and wasn't lilith the white giant wich Eva's were taken form?
That was Adam. The "giant of light" was when the Katsuragi expedition awoke adam in antarctica

Only Unit 01 is based off Lilith. Eva's aren't human, they just have a human soul implanted in their core. Their biology is based on the angels.

Kawrou specifically calls Eva Unit 02 "Adam's dark shadow", Ritsuko says they're clones of Adam, and the classified information files confirmed they were made from Adam except for Unit 1.

>The moon is Adam's egg.
no, the white moon was confirmed buried under antarctica and discovered by the Katsuragi Expedition.

wiki.evageeks.org/White_Moon

Our moon was formed during 1st Impact, when Lilith's Black Moon crashed into the planet. The debris formed the moon over time.

>I would bet it was not decided from the beginning of the show, though.
That's a distinct possibility

>if they don't show it, it does not exist

>>What happened to the angels and Adam at the end of eva?
The Angels were all dead and not of Lilith, so weren't included in instrumentality.

The only exception is Kawrou who became a Lilin upon being reincarnated in a human body.

I made the thread, I watched eva before it was even on US TV back in the early 2000s. I first discovered it in about 2003 when I saw DVD's of it at a Suncoast.

I am however watching the netflix dub just to autistically note every difference so recently watched the episode with Ramiel

UnIionically you need to have sex

The white geofront is in Antarctica. There's even a note that the Black Moon geofront has the same dimensions as the white moon geofront form antarctica, showing they were artificial constructs made by the same entity.

You see it at the beginning of Death & Rebirth

Well I guess I got BTFO two posts above yours. I always thought it was the moon. You can call me a retard now. At least I can admit it, unlike 99% of posters here, I still have that going for me.

Fair enough user.

the moon is closely associated with Rei in the series precisely because Lilith formed it in 1st Impact

As someone in his 30s who saw Eva back when it first aired: you are literally worse than the "muh Fly me to the Moon" fags.
The fact that you watched something before someone else does not make you cool, it does not make you superior, it does not make you better than them.
The fact that you think something like that is significant just shows how low your self esteem is and how pathetic your life is.
There are people of all ages newly discovering old things every day.
The fact that you knew about it already doesn't mean a goddamn thing, and you should be fucking embarrassed that you think it does.