Can anyone recomment me some horror kino...

Can anyone recomment me some horror kino? I’m sick of childish stuff with cheap and infantile jumpscares and prefer a more atmospheric, slow-burn type of horror film. My favorites are pic related and Hereditary.

Attached: image.jpg (320x474, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Yea
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck you

The Witch isnt a genius film because it eschews typical horror tropes in favor of more subtle tools of suspense, although thats certainly a plus, the Witch is a genius film because its totally committed to the setting and the direction of the tale its telling. The Witch doesn't feel like youre watching a movie with a set up and punchline, where nearly every turn of plot is predictable, it feels like youre experiencing a nightmare with a family from a forgotten period of time in history, a world of primitive isolation where the imagination can run wild and the possibility of the real influence of evil can be felt.

As Above, So Below

haha okay this is based... this is deep

Attached: A384EDF8-B785-4EDB-9C41-428793FE4FC6.jpg (500x500, 16K)

/r/ the sóy horror chart

Yeah, but where are the jump scares and false alarm sound effects?

it’s a slow burn, thus it’s friggin’ superior!!

I’m actually in a fucking dilemma here, I cannot find any movies scary anymore
I consider horror to be my favorite genre although it’s filled with 90% shit, 7% okay, 3% gold and I feel like I’ve seen all the gold
I seriously need some fucking new horror to scare me or I’m gonna end up writing my own horror story in the hopes someone wants to adapt it into a movie to inspire a new wave of gold horror movies
hopefully you guys can hook me up but for starters, human on human horror doesn’t usually do anything for me, and watching gore-fests is like lurking a gore thread but with plot
movies I’ve already seen:
>Hereditary
>Apostle
>The Thing (both)
>Pandorum
>Noroi
>Pulse
>The Shining
>Birdbox
>Blair Witch
>As above so Below
>The Descent
>Amityvile Horror
that’s all I can think of off the top of my head and all the paranormal activity/insidious/annabelle movies are crap so none of that please

It Follows, The Babadook

Instead of focusing on what horror movies are popular you should think about what you find scary/unsettling. Horror is subjective, I grew up catholic so things that include demonic possession personally scare me more than a slasher movie would for example.

>NOOOOOOOO, YOU MUST HAVE JUMPSCARES IN A HORROR MOVIE, HOW ELSE WOULD I SPILL MY POCORN WHILE STUFFING MY FAT FUCKING FACE?!

Attached: 1557757500231.png (785x731, 279K)

I’ve seen most classic shit as well though, like Alien and the Exorcist

Attached: that jack that house built.jpg (675x1000, 80K)

Attached: IMG_4801.png (594x582, 41K)

i like the movies in the sóy horror chart, OP asked for recomendations.

That movie is in a far better class then fucking hereditary or the witch.

The Wailing

yeah but it's not a horror movie

define horror

I always hear people making fun of slow-born atmospheric onions horror but I never see anyone say what a good horror movie is supposed to be.

A question that can never be answered

Nekkid boy was insanely handsome.

Pontypool
Dog Soldiers

As far as I'm concerned, the best horror movie of all time is The Hauting 1963. At least the first 20 minutes or so. There's something about it which hasn't been replicated yet.

George C Scott and the original The Changeling. Still chills me to this day!!

Attached: ae761515d9a8d58796f450269ba04dac.jpg (1186x1500, 254K)

I love this film. Adventure/Horror is very uncommon outside of videogames but it works

Ghoulies III or Puppetmaster 5.

My nigger, this terrified me when I was a kid
Saw it again some years ago and it still holds up well

event horizon

The subversive edgy thing to enjoy nowadays is popcorn jumpscare shit apparently. Anything that tries to be even remotely different is somehow onions. Anti-intellectualism is the new counterculture.

OP, go out and watch Midsommar. It's fantastic despite what any tryhard cuck on this board says

I liked it, but it was kinda pointless at the end. Nothing comes out of the whole ordeal, unless I've missed something.

My roommate loves jumpscare tier horror movies and he fucking hates the atmospheric basedcore horror too.
I thought his taste was just weird until I saw it gets ridiculed on this board too.

To be fair I liked Heredditary and Babadook.
But Paranormal Activity was god fucking awful and Ebert giving this garbage 4 stars really made me think the onions horror meme might just be real, these people will rate horror highly solely for not actually being scary.

Agreed! The automatic writing scene with the tape recorder has yet to be beat for séance type scenes in film!!

is it mental illness?

boards.Yea Forums.org/search#/Can%20anyone%20recomment%20me%20some%20horror%20kino%3F%20I’m%20sick%20of%20childish%20stuff%20with%20cheap%20and%20infantile%20jumpscares%20and%20prefer%20a%20more%20atmospheric%2C%20slow-burn%20type%20of%20horror%20film.%20My%20favorites%20are%20pic%20related%20and%20Hereditary./tv

Horror is inherently infantile.

The real horror in that movie is the grinding inevitably of Calvinist thought.

Paranormal Activity is great though.

I dont think Paranormal Activity really falls under onions-core, that was a really gimmicky film that I don't think any artistically-inclined folks enjoyed. Which Ebert 4-star movie are you referring to, the witch?

Correction Ebert gave Paranormal Activity 3.5 stars out of 4, i thought it was 4 out of 5

Blows my mind how bad that movie is, and its mostly because the characters are fucking retards and it completely shattered my suspension of disblief, literally noone thinks or acts the way this way
>hurrr durr lets barely react to anything that is happening
>dude lets seek out psychics for help lmao
>realize demon is real, still do literally nothing
>literally got physically attacked and dragged out of the bedroom
>still no fear, no sense of panic, nothing, they go on as usual with stoner-tier half-hearted "dude we gotta figure something out lmao" reactions
>i know, lets just stay here and fall asleep as usual haha (which we are able to do without a problem because apparently being attacked by supernatural entities isn't scary and doesn't give you sleepless nights)
And of course
>trash acting in general
>contrived reasons for having a camera everywhere just to force their found footage gimmick

Ebert's only criterion is "it does what it sets out to do". He's the idiot king of boomers.

Attached: 2wMsLDb-2QAbotu.jpg (1200x1500, 653K)

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll watch it tonight. Whole movies on Youtube.

>realize demon is real, still do literally nothing
They could have made it so that the couple can't afford to just move out but need to try to put up with the demon long enough to sell the place. It would have been a good social commentary as they try to show potential buyers around without setting off the demon, or perhaps explaining it away in some fashion.

>it was kinda pointless at the end. Nothing comes out of the whole ordeal
It's an analogy for life.

There are over 1000 horror movies released this year already, now think how many thousands have been released let's say from the year 2000 to this day. You have probably watched... few hundred at the absolute most?

There's so much stuff out there. Go find it.
Don't use this board to see general opinions. You mostly see contrarians here.

Attached: 13 zettabytes.jpg (637x794, 68K)

very fun, good

yep

Can someone recommend non-paranormal horror?

Shit like kidnappings and murder creep me out way more than anything paranormal .

Attached: 1465710552334.gif (500x391, 966K)

The ritual on netflix

The Vanishing (Spoorloos)

Megan Is Missing

Spoorloos (1988)
Creepy (2016)
Maniac (1980)
Bedevilled (2010)
We Are What We Are (2010)
Ms .45 (1981)
Cure (1997)
Shady (2012)
Martyrs (2008)
Blood And Black Lace (1964)

Attached: 6521F597-06D8-4EE6-9FC1-8E65D7C53509.jpg (736x1030, 125K)

remake of Maniac with Eljiah Wood is very, very good

is sasha in it?

idk who that is sry