‘The Stand’ Limited Series Coming to CBS All Access in 2020

it is happening. for the first time since 1994, the largest Stephen King single-book story is being readapted. You may famously remember the TV miniseries from the middle '90s with Gary Sinise, Molly Ringwald, Dr. Kelso from Scrubs, and more.

Now we get to wonder who will be cast. James Marsden is confirmed as Stu Redman and Amber Heard is confirmed as Nadine Cross. So many characters in this though. Who will be who?

Attached: Harold Lauder.jpg (837x803, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stand#Publication_history
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only thing I need to know is if Flagg'll have a feather mullet or not.

>>Amber Heard as a slut for Satan
appropriate casting.

Marilyn Manson is in this I wonder which character could he be playing

Trash Can Man

>The Stand again
>pet sematary again
>the mist again
bitch wake me up when they make original Skeleton Crew stories adaptation.

What’s this one about?

>tfw no Beachworld android that looks like a cool surfer dude who bangs old ladies for pot money

You’ll get a Langoliers remake next and you’ll be happy with it.

Like the one with the guy trapped in a portapotty?

Military created superflu escapes and kills 99.9% people. Forces of dark and evil clash

>it's a "and then God came down and nuked everyone. The End" episode

Attached: 1439240592_preview_apu apustaja.png (657x527, 63K)

>What’s this one about?

>Experimental superflu escapes US government lab, kills 99.9% of people worldwide within a couple of months
>Survivors seem to be completely immune to the superflu
>Survivors start to dream about one of two figures depending on whether they lean good or evil
>Stuff happens

Good book. Written in 1978 and set in 1990 so there are lots of anachronisms.

the first half is great then its kinda lame

Super Flu virus wipes out most people, animals like dogs at least too. The survivors break off into two groups recruited by a multidimentional traveling wizard and a old black psychic lady.

m o o n that spells nigger

Will Nandine tell Harold that she can pretend to be his sister or mom while he fucks her ass????

In a story about an apocalyptic flu and magic 100 year old black ladies, the fact that a song called "Baby, Can You Dig Your Man" was apparently chart topping hit in the 90s manages to be the most ridiculous thing in the book.

and the wizard man gets eaten by a retarded spiderbaby monster in a different book

Was talking to a friend about the book. He was talking about how the ending with some random god coming in and saving the day, I thought he was fucking with me
I completly forgot about that part

I always imagined that song like a Michael Jackson's one, or something like "Take on me" for some reason
Catchy with synths

Why even make a new version when Jamie Sheridan was already perfect?

Attached: Randall.png (1024x768, 1.61M)

i feel like this was an actual line in the book

this is whats important

Attached: 1562649267264.jpg (500x500, 75K)

Boy that was a dumb way to go. He could survive a nuclear explosion but not a hungry retard.

He's just a Springsteen knock off like John Cafferty.

have depp as flagg....

>it’s just going to be people complaining that it ripped off the Walking Dead

could be his comeback after amber heard fucked him up but she is a part of it already. don't think that will work

is daddario going to play the cowtits girl that gets the demon baby

>read the book
>I wonder what Stephen King meant by the hand of God reaching down to set off the nuclear bomb . What does that symbolize?
>watch the TV miniseries
>it's literally just a magic hand reaching down and setting off the bomb

Attached: AD01.gif (250x233, 472K)

user why would you think it symbolized anything? King is a very literal writer.

It was a while ago, but I think it's because if God was willing to just reach down and do that, then why didn't he just kill Flagg a billion other ways before everything went to shit?

Because the Turtle and the Spider are at constant odds and Anthony Hopkins and the other psychics are breaking the beams.

>kill Flagg
Flagg wasn't killed, he was mildly inconvenienced.

>Written in 1978 and set in 1990
King rewrote it like 10 years after it was published.

Flagg is going to be a Trump surrogate. You know it, I know it, everyone fucking knows it.

I don't see how that would work but okay.

[*buzz saw noises intensify*]

Attached: mr toomey langoishes.jpg (387x274, 35K)

Doom crier.

Fuck man I just realized King works best with long-form tv miniseries with a large cast. It doesn't even matter that he has problems with endings.

Great beginning, shitty ending, like all of King's schlock

The graphic novel is pretty good

Wake me up when they make insomnia. I wanna see those hot young old people fuck and fight aliens.

Good idea, but it should be about Ralph's struggle with being old, and finding a life after the loss of his wife. They should also address the idea of youth. Just a nice character drama. And they weren't aliens.

Damn I was wondering when they were gonna make a new series

Kareem Abdul Jabaar would look better now as the doom crier than he did in the original

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stand#Publication_history

The update changes the setting from the 80s to the 90s. So you're correct, ten years.

>You may famously remember
OP your post is a mess you write like SK

Manson could potentially be a good MiB, but idk if he can act, so probably not

which dark tower?

the dark tower

>>the mist again
wasn´t the mist mostly new social justice stuff where instead of aliens monsters from another dimension hiding in it, it turned people into biggots who wanted to rape and murder minorities, gays and women?

>I wonder what Stephen King meant by it.
Probably god influencing people to make it happen

What are you talking about? It's not a literal hand of god, Ralph just said that because he was probably delirious or desperate and was already in some sort of religious mindset. Larry thinks it looks like hand, sure, but it was just Flagg's magical fireball-thing.

He fled before the bomb went off, probably because he couldn't survive it.