How the fuck is this movie getting so much praise? It’s honestly got some of the worst writing...

How the fuck is this movie getting so much praise? It’s honestly got some of the worst writing, most forgettable/bad acting, and most pointless story I’ve ever seen in a movie. I hadn’t watched a single trailer for the movie, have never even seen an A24 film before this one, and was even explicitly told not to think of this as a horror movie that’s trying to scare the shit out of you. So I went to the theater with about as few preconceived notions about this movie as possible. I admit that it’s fun to watch with people, and strictly from a visual standpoint the movie is a 10/10, but every other aspect of this movie ranges from subpar to downright retarded. The only reason I can think of for everyone praising this movie is that everyone wants to pretend it’s rich with super deep meaning and that they “get it,” but it’s not, it’s a silly showcase of a mishmosh of strange practices and rituals done by different cultures all over the world all combined into one weird swedish cult. It makes for an interesting and wacky watch, but it doesn’t make a good story, I’ve seen better character development in Friday The 13th than I did in this movie because there literally is none whatsoever in Midsommar. Nearly the entire main cast is devoid of all personality, and the pacing is so terrible that even with all the fun wacky stuff in the movie, it would be a chore to watch twice. Seriously, how is this movie any better than a 5/10?

Attached: 7EDBC511-9B8D-4C25-A3C7-B2AF341FAC94.jpg (1382x2048, 3.75M)

TLDR; Midsommar sucks, change my mind.

Based user using this sub for its intended purpose

You deserve a bump OP!

This from the Hereditary director? That guy really likes ripping off better films.

Pls, I just want someone to explain what makes this movie so good because everyone I saw Midsommar with and I can’t figure out why it’s getting such high praise.

lmao that film must be based as hell if it's capable of making some random tranny write up an entire wall of text on his soiphone that no one will even try to read through

Yeah, the only reason I even heard about this movie is because my friend fuckin loves Hereditary and he wanted us all to go see an Ari Aster movie with him, even he said the movie sucked when we got out of the theater though.

Its soi horror. People praise it because it doesn't have jumpscares and it isn't Annabelle or whatever mainstream horror. It's pure contrarianism

>waaah waaah waaah nu horror is onions, nu horror bad
You insufferable faggots. At least A24 are trying. Are their films as good as some people claim they are? Of course not. But they're TRYING to make solid, worthwhile flicks.
This Witch = bad, Hereditary = bad, Midsommar = bad meme is quickly becoming more annoying than the people who act like these movies are some artistic gold mines.

It really isn't that "le praised".
82% on RT with 61% audience score, 72 on metacritic. Even some usual blind normalfaggot youtube reviewers like Christ Stuckmann called it a major dissapointment.

SLOW BURN!!!

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

Cuckman literally lives for capeshit, Id take the advice of a shitting toddler before him

how greasy is your iphone

I've not watched it, but after Hereditary I'm sure Ari Aster is the greatest jewish scam of our lifetime.

>A24

Attached: file.png (499x330, 80K)

They aren't trying, pretty sure a24 didn't even produce this movie. A24 always does the same thing: market some garbage drama as a horror movie to sell tickets while at the same time catering to the JUMPSCARE BAD critics and contrarians to get good reviews

Maybe actually read the post next time. I’ve never seen any other A24 film and I honestly don’t even look at this as a horror movie at all. My problem is that it’s just weird for the sake of being weird but has 0 substance/story behind it. This could have been better off as a youtube miniseries than a movie. I can appreciate that they’re trying something different, but not everything that’s different is good.

Its critical and audience score diverge a lot though

>JUMPSCARE BAD critics
They're right. Just because a critic happens to make a correct statement once in a while doesn't mean everything they say is wrong or low test, or whatever you've tricked yourself into believing. Jump Scares can serve a purpose, but we're used to them by now. Time for something new. And it's much more difficult to produce a fright without tricking someone with a jump scare.

More like no-burn

No one aside plebbitors and cuckritics praise this movie though. It has low audience scores and shitty box office. Just like herditary

That's not a lot at all, especially if you compare it to any actual critics/audience polarizing films

It is garbage horror for pseuds
Horror threads on tv have way way better recommendations and most of them are rated bellow 6 because the common person avoids horror like a plague

Watch the original Wicker Man. It's a classic and looks like it got ripped off by this film.

Why does 4chins get mogged so hard by guys with shaved heads and beards?

>common person avoids horror like a plague
Horrors often make x10 of the budget. Common person love horrors even more than capeshit.

Attached: 15k713765.png (454x520, 13K)

It's a pleb filter, looks like everyone here got caught.
Idiots.

>cerebral

Ari Aster described it more as his take on a breakup movie than as a straightforward horror film. Personally I thought some of the bigger themes weren’t handled as competently, especially since Aster did so well with weighty shit like child abuse/mental illness/inherited trauma/grief in Hereditary, but the details in Midsommar were great. Each character has a rune on their clothes - if you pay close attention you can see which runes are repeated and guess what they mean (Dani has two on her dress, the one that shows up on the suicide blood rock and the big hourglass one that stands for fertility). All of the tapestries, murals, etc are prophetic. At one point towards the beginning, the kids are playing a game that Pelle says is called “Skin the Fool,” and after Mark makes a fool of himself by pissing on the ancestor log, the townspeople skin him, hinting that this is a long-standing tradition to dispose of asshole outsiders. You get the sense that the town has its own fleshed out culture and history, and that the events of the plot are largely planned out by the villagers with occasional deviations that still feel destined.
As much as Aster projected all his neuroses onto Dani, she’s not a particularly developed character. None of the main cast are. I didn’t mind that too much because it seemed to me like the commune was almost a character in its own right that ended up being way more important and interesting.

Because they're afraid of masculine, high test-features.

kek

Artificial promotion to propagate the 'creepy wypipo' meme

Idk maybe it’s just me then, I hadn’t even checked RT desu but I heard it was given high scores before watching it (from critics though desu) and the few random people I see talking about it online all sounded like they thought it was really good. I’m not really that big into film and I usually don’t look for critics opinions, so it might just be that I’ve just happen to come across a weird small pool of people who happen to like it more than most people, but I definitely think the few positives the movie has going for it do not outweigh the massive negatives

tv is an Aster board. The adhd zoomers are just coping

overcompensation. : excessive compensation specifically : excessive reaction to a feeling of inferiority, guilt, or inadequacy leading to an exaggerated attempt to overcome the feeling.

>movie is so shit people have to resort to "2DEEP4U"

It’s definitely more complex than that, especially considering the ending almost implies that the cult was what Dani needed the whole time and she’ll be happier with them. The only straightforwardly terrible white character is Mark, and even he’s not horrible to have on screen because he’s kind of funny.

Nicolas Cage sucks balls. Fuck him, fuck Wicker Man and fuck you.

The supposed complexity and plot twists just enable the audience to enjoy the propaganda more readily, the same guy did the same thing with his previous movie 'Get out'

I loved it

most critically acclaimed movies that win a ton of awards only get to that point because of Hollywood elite
basically emmies are only given because someone campaigns for their movie hard enough and gives enough gifts to voters and everyone decides that the movie is great 100% because of the campaigning regardless of the actual movie content
like slumdog millionaire and that movie about a gay black boy that recently won a lot of rewards

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Bait

Or you could watch the old one that doesn’t have Nicholas cage you fuckass

Anyone else think the girlfriend was an emotionally manipulative psycho? I would've dumped her ass

Yeah I’m fairly familiar with a lot of the practices shown in the movie so it was easy for me to spot most of the foreshadowing (I did miss the skin the fool thing, and didn’t notice the runes on people’s clothing) and I agree with pretty much everything you said. But it’s not just Dani that has no personality, none of the main characters do it all and it really makes the movie feel more like I’m being shuffled through the motions of some weird cult rather than like I’m watching a story that serves any kind of purpose. When I heard that the movie was inspired by a bad break up it honestly made me hate the movie so much more because Dani and Christian’s relationship felt like one of the most unimportant aspects of the movie, I was shocked when like an hour in they said they were together for 4 years because every single one of the main cast, including Dani and Christian felt like they were all strangers to eachother. And the whole beginning sequence with the sister killing her parents and herself lead me to believe the movie was supposed to be about learning how to accept loss and deal with PTSD or something like that, except that major part of the movie seems to get thrown to the wayside by the halfway point too. Idk, the whole movie just felt very pointless to me other than for the sake of making a wacky cult movie.

t.Has seen every comic book movie in theaters

Aster and Peele are two different men so I’m pretty sure you’re trolling at this point.
There aren’t any plot twists or ass pulls in this movie, it’s pretty easy to predict the whole plot from the start. What makes it interesting is the way things develop and what you learn as you build to the ending. It’s fair to want your movies politically neutral, and I think that despite the whole “woooo creepy Swedes” marketing, Aster did that pretty well

2006 was 13 years ago, you fucking boomer.

It's a very boring "horror" movie so people pretend it's good because they're scared of looking dumb. This is what a generation of telling people jump scares are bad create.

Idk, I watched it and didn’t get a “wypipo bad” vibe from the movie at all. I’m also not a wypipo either so I could easily accept it if that were the case. I think you need to spend less time on /pol/

She felt like a cardboard cutout of a person with the word PTSD written across its forehead.

Why do people act like A24 is a production studio and not just a company that buys distribution rights or funds indie movies? I thought this board was supposed to have people who knew how the fuck the industry works at least somewhat.

capeshit rarely wins that many awards
only black panther thanks to Hollywood elite campaigning
don't ever respond me to again you faggot

Jumpscares themselves aren’t bad, but it’s undeniable that jumpscares have been abused to hell and back over the last decade. That said, Midsommar is boring as fuck If you take away the SFX and le funnee sex scene

Because anons shitting on A24 films behave the same way and generalize everything the studio puts out.

>funds indie movies
after the indie crash that came with the economic crisis I consider this enough to get great praise. But I’m someone who cares about indie cinema, which I gather you don’t

A24 does produce movies you absolute retard

I did enjoy Midsommar (mostly for the details, like I said) but your beef with it makes sense. I agree that the sister murder-suicide thing was pretty pointless - the image of her with the hose taped to her face was great and stuck with me, but it’s never fully explored despite being such an important event. My guess is that since Dani is Aster’s avatar in the story, he gave her all of his own problems down to the loss of a family member even if it didn’t make sense with the rest of the plot. You’re also right about the friendships and relationships feeling lackluster and fake.
I think most of the problems with the movie can be boiled down to Aster trying to make a story about himself. It’s wish fulfillment. “I had a death in the family and I’m dating an asshole, but hooray, I’ve found an unsettling commune that loves and accepts me for who I am!” It’s a self insert fantasy on its most basic level, even if the acting, cinematography, and atmosphere try to elevate it. All the most interesting themes - the distinction between learning and exploitation, the value of privacy, alienation, fertility, empathy, suicide - are secondary. Since those aren’t the primary focus, I get why they wouldn’t be able to salvage the movie for you when everything happening in the foreground is so uninteresting. Fair criticisms

I'm saying that A24 isn't a person who makes movies. It's a company that funds their production. The movies are still made by the individuals who make them. This isn't an A24 movie. It's an Ari Aster movie.

You have no idea what producers in the film industry are responsible for do you

i agree senpai. it was terrible

Yes I do, literally look it up. You are embarrassing yourself

Kind of a red flag that the only one of her boyfriend’s friends she got along with was the one who wanted to make her his Aryan festival queen and pump her full of blonde haired babies. If your gf and your bros don’t have anything in common, you and your gf probably don’t either
Also don’t date psych majors ever, literally worse than art majors

Honestly the part about the swedish dude wanting to fuck his girlfriend felt like it came out of nowhere because up until that point it felt like he genuinely didn’t like her and didn’t want her to go to Sweden with them at all.

He must have gotten the "we need a May Queen" call in that time.

The most famous A24 movie, moonlight, was produced by them along with some other company

Attached: 1561318096679.png (625x773, 127K)

Sneedsommar

Paella said that his parents died in a fire. Were they sacrificed? Does the Midsommar festival happen more than every 90 years?

My understanding this that the kin structure of the cult is sort of distributed, children get raised by the whole group, so he isn't referring to his actual parents but just two ancestors who could have indeed died 90 years ago.

I didn't see it myself, but I saw another poster claim there is a flower crown near her parents bed in the scene when you realise that they're killed.

There were a lot of May Queen photos on the wall, so it sounds like the festival happened more than every 90 years.

So maybe he was lying, or the ritual sacrifice thing only occurs once every 90 years while the rest happens once a year?

Maybe Ari didn't think this one out lol

The other guys hated her, but it was mostly Mark talking shit. During the scene where everyone is like “Dump her, dump her!” Pelle is quietly drawing and not saying anything. I got the vibe he liked her from the start and was so happy she was coming specifically because he wanted to make her his commune-wife.
Are the May Queens always outsiders? I thought it could be any random girl, and the only significance to Dani being May Queen is that it emphasized how well she fit in with the Harga.

Of yo

It was like a really good director took a 2004 Eli Roth presents screenplay and did the best they could with it without making any changes. Such a beautifully shot movie didn’t deserve dialogue that poorly written and delivered. Also the main girl is built like Danny DeVito so that certainly didn’t help.

I liked Hereditary more than Rosemarys Baby and I liked Midsommar more than the Wicker Man.

haha okay this is based... this is deep

I guess it sort of rips off Rosemary’s Baby but I saw Hereditary as more similar to the Shining in terms of why it was good
>oooo spooky supernatural stuff!
>but the real evil all along was... child abuse and mental illness

>The other guys hated her, but it was mostly Mark talking shit.
I feel like in the screenplay it was Josh talking more shit too which was more consistent with his character. I think the actors who played josh and mark just should’ve been straight up switched.

Read: poorly paced

Doesn't change the fact that it looks and sounds like a straight ripoff, while for example, Kill List did something different with the cult ritual concept.

I don’t understand the praise she’s getting for her acting in this at all. Compare her acting to Toni Colette’s during the grieving scenes and tell me her performance isn’t fucking embarrassing.

either way, it was better than both of them. yes, I’m being serious.

Is this pasta? It reads like pasta.

I thought the casting for Josh was good, and imo he was one of the better characters overall. He’s smart but puts his academic pursuits over emotional intelligence. When he advises Christian to dump Dani, it’s because he thinks she’s a distraction from Christian’s thesis. Mark just wants to fuck thotties with his bros. They both want her gone but for different reasons that are consistent with their characters

Wtf people are praising her for her acting? I honestly thought this movie, especially her, had some of the most lackluster acting I’ve ever seen. Although to be fair, it seems more like the characters were written to be as bland and 1 dimensional as possible, the only one with even a little bit of personality was Mark.

please dont DUDE LMAO me, but is this movie worth seeing stoned?

Ari’s directing is bold in that he makes young adults act as awful and boring as they do in real life. Seriously, all 20yr olds are not as expressive as people think. Most just keep the same dumb expression and monotone voice. Also, her performance during the panic attacks and tripping were pretty realistic. Not that the actors here are Oscar worthy, but they’re good the acting directing is very well done imo

I don’t think they seemed realistic at all. They just came across as actors reciting lines and not even very well.

a24 started with distro and now produces content. They also have a lucrative first look deal with Apple, who was circling to buy them out before Tim Crook agreeably mandated more family friendly deals.

That said, a24 sucks and should be exploded. Nearly all of their movies have a dual-meaning, a subtextual wink for the bicoastal elites and their yeshiva trust fund offspring. Hot Summer Nights is an accessible example: poor witty Jewish twink becomes cool drugdealer thanks to hunky dumb goy, before fucking his shiksa sister. Dumb goy then protects Jewish twink from white Nazi dealer, culminating in his Christ-like sacrifice as our chosen hero vrooms off like a Billy Jean legend in his and a24's own mind. Based on a true story, because of course it yids.

a24 is fascinating though because it's been constantly able to digestibly market its shiny hipster junk to the teenage and university masses. Ari Aster isn't really a director at all, he's a bait salesman. He's more interested with luring in a big dumb $10-20 million wke audience without compromising a sophisticated esoteric Polanski Jr-residence-at-Ace-Hotel aesthetic that his peers drool over like post-Tumblr witches. Not many filmmakers can winnow down imagery, like a retarded mutant girl, or a sunny Saxon cult of curdling purity, into something hypnotically attractive to Target shoppers, like a weird bauble.

But Ari as his name implies has already worn out his welcome and his box office peak already peaked. He'll be reduced to the grosses of Korine's Beach Bum from now on, and this will drive him fatefully insane because unlike Korine his alchemy is fueled by disingenuous mainstream validation. So in five years, Ari Aster will begin filming his magnum flopus, an elevated psychedelic Holocaust spook-arama with novelty scratch-n-sniff cards that are sniffed up by the press but scratch at the box office. And then he'll kill himself. And a24 will release a posthumous documentary titled Ari.

what do you consider an accurate cinematic depiction of 20 something’s?

I don’t think people realize how Jewey A24 is. Have you seen the promo shit for the new Adam Sandler movie? It’s literally about kike diamond merchants.

she's the overhyped new thing that's why. she got naked in some british indies that critics loved cause they love boring af foreign movies and then they hype actors from them in hope that helps them land big roles. those fucks are single-handedly to blame for john boyega's casting in star wars due to their hyping attack the block shitfest. so this giel, who is average looking and average actress is now hyped like the second coming. add to that her statements that lean woke and you get why critics and sites like awards watch shill her ass 24-7.

Spring Breakers

Not paying to watch this movie but the script read like shit. One guy (mark?) exists to be an asshole stoner, and all the other characters are stoners too. There is conflict between Josh and Christain (ha! Get it, his name is Christain and he finds himself in a pagan cult) that goes nowhere. From the clips I saw on youtube the main chick can't act , and probably won't be able to portray the neurosies.

is there a torrent/screener up for this yet?

It’s not about the way the characters were fucking depicted it’s about the unimpressive way they were acted. The dialogue was stilted as fuck which was was apparent if you read the screenplay so it’s not all their fault but the lack of reaction to everything going on was unrealistic. The biggest problem was that the main girl is nothing but a frump with only two facial expressions being lobotomy stare/exaggerated frowny face.

correct. But that’s a depiction of party thots. This movie was about older, stoic anthropology majors.

The biggest problem is it's waaay to long for a story that you guess how it goes from the start. Also it's just not scary. Otherwise it's pretty good as a indie type of film.

Retarded shit for brainlets who want to feel smart

>anthropology majors
The women in sociology/anthropology just want to get fucked by exotic men. It’s the same shit as Spring Breakers under the guise of an academic pursuit. There’s no stoicism. Only deception.

No. I remember Jonah Feldstein was originally in Sandler's role but dropped out when his brother od'd. Or maybe he found it too controversially revealing in the alt-right terror era.

A24 is faux indie. It’s like buying a Taylor Swift album on vinyl.

Yea Forums unironically.

Why did this 2 hour movie need 20+ minutes of a women crying? I don't remember anything else about Dani's character besides her and everyone's abundance of books. Great special effects but most scenes just felt to drawn out.

After seeing it my friend said he thought that maybe Pelle(cult Swedish guy) was actually the one to kill her sister and parents to set it in motion. It's kinda of retarded but I could see the film doing that.

My Hillel Center on campus is offering free digital screeners, just make up a name and they email you a passcode.

>but most scenes just felt to drawn out.
Exactly. Why was it necessary to include so many long scenes of them quietly sitting at a table playing with their food?

Midsommar is just a modern version of Wicker Man except its actually good

It'll fuck toy up but do it

dani was actually a psychology major. pay attention, cumbrain

>sub
can you please just Go Back?

Funny this commes out, and then Jeffrey Epstein gets busted running an island sex cult 4 blocks from A24's office

>It'll fuck you up
are you fucking 16 years old? It might be marginally less boring and you'll finish your popcorn quicker

I thought everybody hated it, including normies.

this, the director showed potential with Hereditary and then delivered with this masterpiece

lmao even better

I guess if you're some desensitized zoomer

Normies hated Hereditary too, but they like-hated it. Normies just regular hate this movie. Similar to The Wrestler reaction vs Mother reaction. And for same reasons. Aronofsky and Aster probably related.

I can smell the overpriced flannel, beard balm, and Sœy Latté from the screen.

You just perfectly described A24’s target demographic

gib a good terrent

>Aronofsky and Aster probably related
They’re both part of the tribe

link?

>Aronofsky and Aster probably related.
lol aronofsky is the prime example of a hack who never had an original idea and when he did it was laughably bad. Hereditary was well received by everyone, it was not "like-hated", don't try to drag good movies like that down with trash like mother.

Advertising and kids aren't in school yet

Agreed
Boomer alert, people only act boring and 1 dimensional around people they don’t know at all/don’t want to be around. Most people are pretty expressive and capable of showing more than one emotion when they’re around people they like. Their boring 1 note acting is what adds to the fact that it’s nearly impossible to believe that this group of people have known eachother for more than a week before they all decided to go to Sweden. They all act like strangers even with eachother. I guess you could say that the girl has an excuse because she’s just there with her boyfriend and his friends, but how the fuck do you date for 4 years and not get to know your bf’s friends better or just decide that it would be a terrible idea to travel abroad with them? Very average acting that was made worse by terrible direction and stupid writing.

I was surprised how many teenagers were in my theater. Most of them were checking snapchat in my row and when they started talking about Dani's dead parents 1 chick left the theater crying and her 5 friend left to comfort her.

for people saying the beginning suicide scene had little to do with the rest of the film, why? i get it kind of got dropped from direct attention or fleshing out but it provides the tone for the entire story to follow and dani's journey throughout what follows. people are reading too much into the wrong things, in my opinion. if anything, the film seemed like a simple, beautifully presented cautionary tale about grief and loss (and ari aster has described this as a sort of breakup fairy tale).

preceeding the suicide prologue is the medieval style painting "opening up" to move us into the world of the story. and when the group enters the commune we quite literally go upside down into that world. it was all heightened and artificial for a reason. dani slowly moves deeper into her grief but finds it reflected back in increasingly strange ways (mirrors play a big role in several shots plus the literal copying of emotions by people in the village) to the point where she seems to lose sight of everything and becomes basically a murderer by the end. i don't see the ending as her accepting a new family or whatever, or if that is the general take, i don't understand why it should be a sort of retribution for her character. it's a very bleak joke.

Maybe it was just me but I literally saw 0 advertisements for this movie anywhere, I only heard about it because my friend loves A24 and has been begging us to see it for like a month before it came out. I kinda wish we just went to see Spiderman instead, I’m not huge on capeshit movies but apparently this new Spidey is one of the best Spiderman movies so far, I almost certainly would have enjoyed it more than the stupid fuckin Swedish hippy horseshit we watched.

1. Where even are you?
2. Was she white?
3. How old?

There have been a lot of ads on YouTube and social media apps like snapchat

Maybe if there was more character development then I could agree with you, but from the moment the suicide scene happens Dani’s only personality trait becomes “the girl with PTSD” and she stays exactly the same all the way through the movie until literally the very last shot of the film. The beginning scene was way too over the top for it to just fade into the background and not be addressed and dealt with more directly. They could have accomplished the same thing by giving her an old dog that dies at the start of the movie or establish that she was in some kind of horrible car accident or something in the past that she’s having trouble dealing with. But the death of her entire family happening, presumably, just a few months before the main focus of the movie starts is waayy too big of an event to just be there to set the tone. Honestly the first half an hour of the movie feels like an entirely different movie than the rest of it.

details such as the ones you mentioned are surface level and simple to write. theyre usually what a writer will focus on when they dont have much of a story and want to put flesh on the bones of an otherwise luke warm narrative.
>oh wow did you see the bear! then he saw the painting of the bear burning! then they burned the bear with him in it!
>woah they showed a 'love story' on a sheet and then it actually happened! even his drink was a little bit redder than the others to show it was her blood! did you spot that?
this isnt writing so much as it is repeating. it makes the audience feel smart, or at least that would be the reason for doing so if the real reason wasnt the director making himself feel smart.
its not storytelling, its set dressing. it distracts from the fact that there really isnt a story, but a series of events which could be rearranged in any order as long as the final scenes remain the same. its about as subtle as a flashback sequence or a 'previously on'.

Yeah, there’s foreshadowing and then there’s just flat out telling the audience what’s going to happen before it happens.

Ha. Kubrick's subconscious allusion trickery by way of Highlights For Children.

>from the moment the suicide scene happens Dani’s only personality trait becomes “the girl with PTSD” and she stays exactly the same all the way through the movie until literally the very last shot of the film

this is what i was trying to say though, for me at least that sort of worked. yeah yeah death of the author and all that but aster said this is a breakup film and based on his own experience with one. if you think about everything in the film as a fantastical allegory (again, represented by the mural a the very first shot which gives away the entire plot), dani represents the all consuming grief. the implications of the ending are bizarre and discomforting to me because both she and the boyfriend were engineered by the grief-fulfillment fantasy into fairly horrible places. yeah he was a dick, but they were clearly in a bad place before the trauma even began and if anything, their power roles sort of shifted over the story. the prologue sequence was probably the closest thing to actual horror and filled me with a dread that very effectively hung over me for most of the first part of the film. i guess i can understand people wanting more details on the backstory there or finding it a cheap shock to get you going.

very surprised too
>white blue eyed woman wins in the end

West Coast, USA, of course she was white, around 17 or 18.

They came back 20 minutes later like nothing happened. Half of them had brought a blanket to the theater. The one guy that came with them didn't give a fuck and continued to watch the movie.

haven't watched it yet, do we get to see her bobs?

Attached: midsommar_ari_aster_1217385.jpg (640x360, 23K)