This was great until the radioactive sun ghoul showed up. What were they thinking

This was great until the radioactive sun ghoul showed up. What were they thinking

Attached: MPW-26455.jpg (500x741, 30K)

You guys still watch movies here... right?

Did we ever figure out what Kaneda saw?

Attached: kaneda_what_do_you_see.webm (800x337, 2.86M)

The sun.

I just hated the "lmao everyone died" ending

nah, the slasher part is great.

Shoulda been a pure man vs. nature story instead of throwing in the old guy. Woulda even been fine with him as a paranoid hallucination of the crew but the focus shoulda been crew vs sun/sun death

Dead wrong guy. Especially the ending holy shit

i completely agree OP
great thread

Meh, I didnt mind it.

Very good movie. Great soundtrack and visuals.
But yeah, could have done without the sun zombie.

The previous captains ideas couldve played out through the Indian guy that was already on that path. It just made no sense to have a monster, after readingsome backstory on the film I believe Boyle just wanted to pack more sci fi tropes then was needed in to the movie since it was his only sci fi film. Maybe it was producer meddling idk

This. All that research and they couldn't make restarting the sun seem complex or difficult. It's a good movie, a flawed masterpiece really, but the crew just aren't believable as ultra-competent, rational astronauts.

Kaneda's death, for example, results from many unforgivable plot-hole mistakes. He, the ship's commander, goes out to do a really hazardous job while Cassie, who does literally nothing for the remainder of the film, starts singlehandedly piloting the ship and immediately ruins it by turning 30° away from the sun when they needed about half that. Then, when lives hang in the balance, they choose to cook Kaneda by turning the ship all the way back when only a few degrees of turn were needed.

Instead of looking to solve the problem and save their captain's life, the crew immediately start tearing their hair and pacing. They have nothing better to do, because they're not really technicians. Not really crew. Just a bunch of moping actors inside a shiny, plot-driven AI daycare.

At least Mace has a computer he's responsible for, but it's not exactly Das Boot.

They actually had a pretty good chance of making it back alive
But they all wanted to die and it became reality.

Danny Boyle is that kind of guy. Frustrating.

pleb

Theres a million slasher movies you could go watch. Explain to me exactly why it needed to be in the middle of a science based visuals driven sci fi.

They could have dropped the first payload and then gone after Icarus 1 if nothing happened.

It was never about the sun. Sol is really the human soul and they were plunging headlong into inner abyss. Pinbacker represents the insanity and evil of human nature.

Attached: 1535327147856.gif (500x493, 631K)

One of the best soundtracks ever

isnt this movie pretty much the exact same as event horizon? why is it or why not, and which was better?

Attached: praise the sun.gif (204x204, 52K)

More atheistic, sunshine is from the height of the youtube creationist wars. Sunshine has no gore but it's much better looking overall.

>dumb shit doesn't understand the movie
it's just heart of darkness. again.
Sun zombie is colonel Kurtz.

Attached: Bart's_Classmate_-_07.png (155x262, 67K)

It was poorly executed but I kind of like the idea of a movie just turning into a whole different genre at some point. I still respect that choice.

awful take

One of the few films Chris Evans is good in.

Attached: sunshine.4.webm (1280x539, 757K)

if only we had the technology to launch something into the sun without flying it their on a giant spaceship.

someday....

We were our own worst enemy all along

He's also the best character by far.