Inception

>Inception
>half of the soundtrack is developed from the first second of the wakeup cue from the plot
>Interstellar
>ticking sound is played during time shift on water planet, hinting seconds
>when nolan starts his timefuckery and move back and forth, ticking sound goes apeshit, signaling broken timeline
this lil niggas music is so plot aware, i wish more composers did that

Attached: 23345334.jpg (552x526, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JB3sQN1nURk
youtube.com/watch?v=8OPDjcZdEEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>its as if hes a professional movie composer or something not just some dude dicking around with a computer

he did orchestrated a lot of traditional scores, the fuck are you projecting about

he makes loud noises, not scores

>dude a score can only be subtle and mellow lmao
please finish high school and then come back

Well hes composing for scenes. A composer first looks for a FUCKING THEME. There it is.

Sia is the Zack Snyder of music soundtracks
youtube.com/watch?v=JB3sQN1nURk

>theyre not themes! he is not a composer!
film composers first rule is not oversaturate the film with his shitty important music, but subtly support the plot, and that what he does perfectly

The Last Samurai soundtrack is his best work by far

Moron

Inception
>half of the soundtrack is developed from the first second of the wakeup cue from the plot
>crassly imitated in a million lowbrow flicks for no reason

Attached: image.png (295x296, 82K)

I wish more composers wrote actual melodies and used leitmotifs more often. I've got nothing against ambient music, but I'm sick of music just playing second fiddle to the visuals.

i'd say melodies only works for fantasy due to the non realistic feel they apply
or modern day but harry potter kind of shit

Personally I like the style in John Sturges movies like Great Escape and Magnificent 7 where the main theme comes in as a stinger in little moments through the movie. These days they'd use an 80s top 40 for that long of thing.

hans zimmer looks like adrian belew in this photo, and speaking of which, would probably make significantly better scores if given the chance

That score is beautiful.

this kike doesn't even orchestrate his music - he cannot read notation

notice how most of his scores are white key music

>i want music to be stuck in the past forever

please stay away

God Bless Howard Shore

Zimmer and Williams are really the only two composers who use liefmotifs these days, other composers just jam a movie theme into every piece and think they're awesome.

Basil Poledouris was pretty great, be he dead.

>I've only seen his work with Nolan

>*BWAAAAAH*

very subtle

desu I need another Nolan slightly supernatural movie like The Prestige

based

youtube.com/watch?v=8OPDjcZdEEw

Attached: 1561420138516.jpg (1200x1200, 117K)

Ignorant faggot

>projection

>Inception
2 notes on repeat, based on Edith Piaf's song.

Every orchestral part is lost in the editing, they end up sounding like samples from his synths.