Brian Dennehy thread

What’s your favorite movie or tv role?
Will he ever come back to acting?
Is he still alive?
Do you zoomer faggots even know who this is?

Attached: 1B892773-2B1E-4E33-9457-EBF32B96E6FF.jpg (700x500, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uF7ftHMCN1w
youtu.be/sNJmfuEWR8w?t=66
youtube.com/watch?v=sNJmfuEWR8w
youtube.com/watch?v=HK0bUT1t6lE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was great as the sheridd in Rambo.

Dude is 81 years old and still constantly working.
Check his IMDB.

this dude was in so much shit from the 70s 80s hes the default burly all american guy.

If you haven't seen it watch the film where he plays john wayne gace he was great

Liked him as the bad guy in Gladiator. It's been decades since I seen it though.

F/X

in real life dude was only about 5'10
all camera angles and tricks

He's still pretty active. I'd say he's doing well for a guy who isn't much younger than Duvall and James Earl Jones.

He was a sort of Donald Trump in Rambo, like a major asshole

Tommy Boy

how's that work? the first rambo's far and away the smartest, not least because of how much it does to legitimize both their points of view

>this isn't the same guy

wtf

Attached: latest.jpg (400x205, 18K)

"Not fuckin' Brian Dennehy!"

Kek I had the same thought

This
He's fucking terrifying

He is americas Otm Shank

he made a lot of movies but only one film, according to himself. his belly became..
the architect!

F/X

That's the judge from Philadelphia. He also got his face eaten by Silence of the Lambs.

Bears
Sox
Hawks
Bulls

That's Napier, man. The one and only Russ Meyer found this talent.

He was the first bully I ever seen on movie, he bullied Rambo and literally caused death with command. He fucking died cowardly too

"Every 10,000 years or so, I make a terrible mistake. The last one was when I used what you call Atlantis as a landing site. Everyone else said, 'Use the North Pole.' I said, 'No, too cold.' Sinking never occurred to me."

Why were the Rambo movies so good?

Attached: firstblood.jpg (1343x571, 94K)

"We're the Good ole Boys "

he likes big coats

Attached: image.jpg (278x218, 19K)

Oh, OK. BYE-EE!

Dennehy had a major run in the 80s. Everyone knew who he was. He personified a man of that era, a more obtainable Midwestern persona then Tom Selleck or Don Johnson. And at the same time, this is speculation, but I bet Boomers sensed in him that he was last in a breed, as the mutts and LGBT AIDs culture started reaching the Heartland like shitty pozzed foam on a favorite beach. He deserves a great Tarantino-tier role again.

>how's that work? the first rambo's far and away the smartest, not least because of how much it does to legitimize both their points of view
How does it legitimize the sheriff's pov? He was a total bully

he was great on Just Shoot Me

He was such a DICK to Rambo

I like the movie where he played a hard-nosed cop

He was just a small town Sheriff trying to keep drifters and their trouble out of his community.

I always remember him as the serial killer with the cool trick knife in the pilot of Hunter. Kind of a setup for him playing Gacy.

He was great in Presumed Innocent, that whole movie is amazing though.

Attached: presumed-innocent-brian-dennehy.jpg (454x332, 23K)

Because at first they dealt with the reality of PTSD and the tragic circumstances of a lot of vets but then they went full 'Murica with the sequels and had Rambo morph into the invulnerable killing machine taking revenge on his former captors. They made sure to create an actual character before inevitably making him a cartoon.

Of course, first blood is still the best one but the sequels had to abandon that tone. If Rambo stays fucked up like he was in part 1 he just kills himself, which was the original ending anyway.

Attached: 1515649255376.gif (352x240, 1.07M)

he and woods are great in best seller. i thought he was dead for a while until he popped up in one of the those recent malick flicks.

hail fellow patrician

Attached: Best_Seller-592439874-large.jpg (496x755, 70K)

F/X 3 when?

he's kinda funny as the psycho football player in semi tough
youtube.com/watch?v=uF7ftHMCN1w

peak of his career right here youtu.be/sNJmfuEWR8w?t=66

He was pretty fat for the 80's.

Husky

i'm pissed we never got a movie where he and joe don baker played a couple of burly brothers

I'd rather it be two friends who are truckers get mixed up with a bad lass and then try to kill each other before reuniting to fight black terrorists.

I've been trying to dl Best Seller for literally four months. My torrents are stuck at 80%, 19%, and ~1%. Where can I watch it? The IMDb reviews are kino.

A butterfly knife? Switchblade?

Thread needs 300+ posts

His best performance

youtube.com/watch?v=sNJmfuEWR8w

>bully
the man was a Korean War vet who was bitter and pissed off that the Korean War was glossed over between Vietnam and WWII and thinks the guys in Korea got the shit end of the stick. Then he sees some scruffy hobo drifter with a flag on his jacket wandering through his town. He was just doing his job. Fucking Gault was way out of line though with his tough guy act in the showers, taunting Rambo and mocking him out and pushing him.

>Dennehy plays a trucker who is hauling cargo for the dixie mob, money is good so he doesnt ask questions
>Baker plays an old friend of Dennehys, a back country sheriff who fights fire with fire
>theyre both in love with the woman who runs the local bar in town
>the mob boss has his eye on her two
>his crew goes wild on crank
>Dennehy happens to discover he's hauling guns, drugs and women for the mob
>their girl turns up dead in the woods
>assume it was the work of the mob bosses goons
>all out war against the dixie mob
>turns out the woman was killed by the mob bosses goons, but not at his behest
>the bosses goons are on the payroll of a state senator who is bankrolling the dixie mob and using them as a front for his own shady dealings
>political machinations, buying up land, driving down real estate prices, all for some big government construction project he can use to hand out contracts to his boys
>he had the woman killed when she refused his actions and struck him across the face
>instead of killing each other they go after the crooked senator
>at the end the mob boss allows Baker to arrest him, bitter and jaded with his criminal career and that he was just a puppet
>Dennehy gets back on the road
>a stranger in an unmarked car follows Baker home and a barrage of gunfire errupts
>SEQUEL!?!?!?

Whenever I hear Brian Dennehy, this is the first thing that pops into my head for some reason. I don’t even remember watching this movie.

Attached: 976EEE0D-8A4D-4D52-A649-CB12481AD09B.jpg (415x606, 35K)

F/X was great

i always preferred f/x 2. they had a lot more fun with the effects in that one.

Attached: FXClownSOTWFeature.jpg (650x350, 49K)

holy shit, brian dennehy is alive?

reminder he's the biggest sershfag out there

Attached: 1538670399092.jpg (670x838, 54K)

that western with kevin smith and a ton of other cunts

>No chicks
>Stallone High Test recipe
>Manly Battle Action
>It's all about sacrifice, we all love to be martyrs
>We all want revenge on society
>Great cast/characters, little need for exposition for it's own sake
>ywn live in a small American town in a time period that has long passed
It just keeps getting better with age, forget Rocky, this is what set Stallone apart from Arnie and the other action heroes.

pic unrelated

Attached: 1.png (816x549, 600K)

i love the whole series but i have a terrible feeling last blood is going to suck

Zoomers would know him from the South Park Movie

Imagine if it didn't, imagine if it was a nostalgic and sentimental kino with both action, humor and tragedy. And right when they're done filming, Stallone dies.
You're not ready for this.

Attached: last anal hero.jpg (1066x1200, 210K)

It was one of those stilettos that popped out of his sleeve. I love shit like that and they were fairly underused at the time.

He would've paired even better with Hoyt Axton.

Need a gif or webm

holy shit, user is gay?

Pritty good. Baker should play Trucker. Dennehy the Sheriff. I'd prefer a double cross at the end, pickup vs 18 wheeler. Your politico climax and ending is too similar to Joe Don's Framed, which incredibly I've seen getting love on Yea Forums of late

warms my heart to see people praising framed whenever JDB get's mentioned here instead of making dumbass mst3k jokes. i've been posting that legendary stunt as much as i can.
youtube.com/watch?v=HK0bUT1t6lE

Who?

rambo 1 is great
rambo 2 is a bit over the top but is still a solid movie
rambo 3 is shit
John Rambo is a decent movie, ultra violence mode.
the upcoming movie looks interesting, killer version of home alone

Attached: stallone juicing.jpg (400x600, 43K)

You mean Tom Hanks?

Rocky is just like this too.
>first film a personal story about triumphing over your own demons
>rest of them are dumb murica films
Granted the last one wasn't so bad.

Is Mitchell really that bad? Almost watched it then saw memery. Which made me rage. JDB is sacred.

he’s a big guy

what?