/tes/ kino when?

How would you adapt the Elder Scrolls world into tv or film?

Can it be done? Will it? Should it?

Attached: 01A1FE70-1A58-454C-AB6F-85C30BD5A478.jpg (500x713, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P2hy1oWmhuY
youtube.com/watch?v=w1AenlOEXao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My dream TES Show would be a one season Morrowind retelling.

Obviously I would insert my own character fucking nord pussy.

Get some good writers, don't adapt any of the games, do a new time period.
Make it as epic as needed. PoV from characters in different areas of tamriel that leads to a convergence of sorts. Have it be a dark political dragons and tits show without the dragons but with daedra instead.
There's lots they could do. There's a large world with stories that spans thousands of years that they could touch on.

I honestly thinks TES show could be very good with the right show runners.

>Final confrontation with Dagoth Ur
>Dagoth asks if prophecies are true and you really are Nerevae reincarnated, or if you’re just some guy who got lucky
>Say I don’t know
>Dagoth says he will mourn your death, and pities what fate has done to you.

I halfway agree. Love the idea of an ensemble cast spread across various continents. Daedra would have to be a huge part of it. “Daedric interference” is a great mechanic that could be used to apply tropes from any legend.

But I’d rather the narrative be on the grounded side. The surrounding world is so incredibly weird and captivating, you don’t necessarily need an epic tale with prophecy, “chosen ones,” etc. I’d rather one of the main characters be a redneck Dunmer farmer whose life gets increasingly complicated as the world throws its worst his way.

Slice of life series with a dunmer silt strider driver. He has different weird passengers every day and is often attacked by cliff racers.

youtu.be/P2hy1oWmhuY

>Make it as epic as needed
That's a mistake, as shown by Game of Thrones and countless other before. Eventualy the world grows too big for the story to accomodate it, which leads to shitty writing full of plot holes and aborted arcs.
TES show would work best if it had a smaller scope, telling only one story at a time in one of provinces. Season 1 could be about Jagar Tharn, Season 2 about the Nerevarine and Tribunal and so on. Like the games, each season would take the viewers to a new place, showing different races and cultures. Keep the script tight and neat, and largely self contained but with references to other events.

Only half-decent idea in the thread. Would watch.

I don't agree. There's already so much established lore that it would be a waste to make it small scale.

They really shouldn't follow the fucking games. There's thousands of years of lore and a fucking huge continent. Do some new shit.

Morrowind or bust

>Muatra, meaning Milk-Taker, is either a metaphorical or literal spear wielded by the god-king Vivec. The spear is a physical representation of Vivec's love which was "accidentally shaped like a spear," and is, for all intents and purposes, an allegorical likeness of Vivec's own genitals, in both his male and female gender.[1]

>Vivec supposedly made the spear from his own love and turned it into a deadly weapon by utilizing a secret he "bit off" Molag Bal's spear while they were married. After attacking Molag Bal, Vivec used his new spear to kill all the thousands of offspring he had birthed with his then spouse, turning them into barren and withered bone-shapes.[1][UL 1] It was at this point that it was named Muatra.

Attached: vivec.jpg (640x640, 59K)

A 12 episode mini series with each episode retelling 3 of vivecs sermons

Adapt the Battle of Red Mountain
Tell it from Vivec's perspective, his REAL pre-godhood history revisions.

A poor farmer's son is sent by a mysterious kung fu demon to help General Nerevar bust up the Deep Elves. Include the Nords more than in the original story - as temporary allies to the Dark Elves as some sources in TES claim - for normie appeal as at this point in time they had a lot more Voice users than just the Greybeards, and you've got a hit

>Wanting a Morrowind tv show
Cringe and redditpilled

Give us your show take user

>not wanting a show in the best area from the best game
cringe and fuck off cunt

Attached: 1393979857058.jpg (400x400, 108K)

>#1 wiz
>conjures a storm atronach then wails at you with a dagger
silly daughterfucker

Attached: 1560801308930.png (1600x1238, 2.4M)

not canon

#1 wizard is bestboy Sotha Sil anyways

Listen, after the success of Skyrim and GoT, we all know that TES tv show would be nothing more than basic prophecy plot involving ebin battles against dragons, vampires, draugs, maybe they would put in Thalmor but would probably have them do some hand signs when meeting their superiors, Redguards and transexual Argonians would be main characters, and they would probably shoehorn Sheagorath to fulfill the quips quota

yikes, isn't he an incel or something?

we're just dreaming here, user

Attached: 1465048900339.jpg (400x380, 81K)

>not wanting a multi-season Morrowind saga that follows the history of Velothi mer, from their exodus through establishment of Resdayn and the Tribunal up until the third era and the nerevarine prophecies
Cringe

Attached: 1539629815_photo_2018-10-15_20-56-37.jpg (666x831, 122K)

Adapt Lusty Argonian Maid, 50 Shades of Grey style, produced by Starz, staring Anya Taylor Joy as Lifts-Her-Tail and Idris Elba as Crantius Colto, directed by Gaspar Noe.

Attached: 40740-1-1377056564.jpg (1920x1080, 718K)

>morrowind
it is 90 minutes of slowly crawling from point a to point b

>tits on a lizard
absolute pleb

>didn't get the boots of blinding speed and make a 100pts jumping spell for 2secs
travelling is piss easy even on vanilla

>not understanding the lore of a shitty hack and slash video game
Hist tanks, pleb.

>not understanding biology either
he was referring lizards not being mammals user.

>Do some new shit
That's an open invitation to come up with retarded Skyrim-tier plots.

Attached: vvardenfeels.jpg (854x1023, 142K)

>sap leaking tiddies
2sticky4me

Why does TES have the most confusing and complex fucking lore? What in the shit is CHIM and Dragon breaks

user thats entry level lore

because it is shit

>tfw no show about house redoran chasing the alligators back into their swamp

>CHIM
realizing you're in a dream and gaining control rather than waking up.

>Dragon breaks
some convoluted shit, I won't even try

Attached: 1465259470983.jpg (392x500, 50K)

>entry level
Give me some of that exit level shit

Attached: 1560813934098.jpg (720x751, 63K)

not only is it not shit, it's pretty much the best lore of any video game setting once you get into it

Attached: 1465359921584.png (514x524, 170K)

Only Daggerfall and Morrowind have any good lore. Oblivion onwards fucked it up

>monkey paw i want a TES serie
>monkey paw done expect the more popular TES story dragonborn ala GoT

this is how its going to be

how do you go from this..

Attached: 1465335793237.jpg (1024x768, 135K)

..to this?

true, but shit entries into the series don't really fuck up the established setting

Attached: 1465336012233.jpg (1024x768, 122K)

stiff
flaccid

Have the first season take place as Tiber Septim seeks to obtain the Numidium and use it in his conquest to rule tamriel. Then the main character is revealed, in the same vein as the Nerevar, Hero of Kvatch, Dragonborn etc. To bring a stop to the coming Septim dynasty.

Season one culminates in the activation of the Numidium and as a dragon break occurs. Next season then could be in a separate timeline. There's so much you could do with a TES adaption.

I reckon it could be good if they didn't make it about gods, demigods or legendary heroes but instead some not-too-highly-ranked Hlaalu house member. Show the life through commoners eyes, have him visit Vivec and be in awe, have him deal with conflicts with his own and other houses too, have him hear rumours of some guy supposedly being reincarnated Neravarine and see a glimpse of him, and have him join in the legendary fight against the cliff racers under Jiub's command in which our protagonist perishes more or less heroically.

Attached: 1454957440140.jpg (405x405, 19K)

Once upon a time there was a fellow called Michael Kirkbride. He took a lot of drugs and went into a lucid coma and when he woke up he wrote the Elder Scrolls lore, then his friends Todd Howard et al attempted to dumb some of the weirdest shit down so it wasn't so batshit insane. Then they made a series of games about it.
CHIM is gaining the cheat codes to the universe and becoming a living god because you have control over the code of reality. Dragon Breaks are when the normal flow of reality and time are broken and contradictory events can happen simultaneously, events can happen without a cause, events can happen without effect, and people can walk between different realities without meaning to.
TES lore is pretty similar to Hinduism in that the universe is a work of fiction created by the mind of a sleeping god which might (it's up for debate) be Lorkhan in TES and is Brahma in the real world Hindu belief. Many important parts of TES lore are directly lifted from Hinduism, so we can expect that Kirkbride new something about Hindu spirituality before his drug binge that made him OD so hard his ego got lost in the Dreamsleeve.

where are these images from? which is the actual shipped game version?

Here's your draugr breh

Attached: draugr.webm (352x640, 2.31M)

What happened to him?

bear broke his back and dragged him in her den to eat later. he ended up being in there for a while

You could do it X Files style.

Have a general myth-arc that deals with the hero character and the grand scheme.

Monster of the week episodes could deal with the daedra, vampires, ghosts, thieves guild, dark brotherhood and what have you.

Just thinking about it makes me feel comfy.

Stuff like Mannimarco or Sheograth makes no sense. Perhaps it is better and much more extensive your average video game but it is still shit.

the latter is the "imperial city" in the game(oblivion). the former is just a photoshop to emphasize how pathetic it is. it's well known that they completely fucked, dumbed down, destroyed and downsized the imperial city and the entire setting for oblivion. it was supposed to be a unique, alien setting, like morrowind but different, with jungles and everything. instead we got, well, you know

Attached: 1480719205817.jpg (826x1133, 607K)

>tfw no vietrome
feelsbadman

Attached: 45960-1-1425694918.jpg (670x376, 29K)

Thats because Mannimarco gets dragged into a load of shit like dragon breaks where he becomes a God for a short time and the dealings with the underking. He's made out to be so much more than what you see in Oblivion so its kind of a disappointment when you do eventually meet him.

Sheogorath is just lol so random so he doesnt necessarily have to make sense anyway, does he?

>it is magic
Nice lore there

Thanks

If you want more you should visit the tes lore thread on /tg/ thats on during the weekends

Attached: 1562461922511.jpg (952x1648, 260K)

You are a brainlet, he smoked too much krokodile and now has a part in the live action Skyrim

So you prefer skipping the content and fast traveling everywhere?

>it is big so it is good
Largest shit that is ever taken is still shit user

sure does

Attached: 1481791517961.jpg (726x604, 104K)

But oblivion is best es user. It is better than generic as fuck quests that morrowind offers. Better combat and less broken game as well. Sure Morrowind had more content but those content were bland

Dagoth Ur then goes to the gardening section of home depot to buy more ash statues

I would only want it if they could get the absolute best for costume design. One of my biggest fears would be a GoT type situation where you have decent design at first that sucks you in, then you lose your best person/budget and it sucks all the life out of the project.

Attached: 1553483649419.jpg (638x1000, 398K)

No, as I said my morrowind experience is crawling from point a to point b user. But I used "fast travel" options morrowind offered when it gets repetitive

worst, gayest and most indefensible opinion i've read all day

Attached: 1465145636695.png (539x1474, 58K)

The missions are the content. Trekking back and forth to procure and finish them is not.

>skyrim winning magic combat
oblivion did it best with being able to cast even with a two hander and a skill wheel that didnt freeze the game every time you wanted to switch spells

There would be probably no marketable audience for this, but I would love to see something in the dawn age. You could start with the Old Ehlnofey arriving and building everything up, then the Wandering Ehlnofey show up, turning it into war episodes, ending with a big climactic battle and Lorkhan's judgment.

>oblivion has worst atmosphere
can't tell you how many hours i spent wandering around listening to that soundtrack and breaking into people's remote cabins and taking the few random jewels that had lying around. if anything skyrim has garbage atmosphere, the world looks nice but everything feels sterile.

Attached: 1534927385675.png (400x381, 114K)

i posted that pic and disagree with several things actually, i prefer morrowind's magic combat because of the sheer variety and creativity. also think npc design is much better in morrowind, as well as melee combat, suck my dick

i agree with this actually, oblivion's is definitely much better than skyrim's

>guild questlines
>morrowind green
lol
It's skill system was shit as well. And I would disagree with lots of stuff that is on green for morrowind

>Skyrim
>Good ranged combat
Yeah, if your target is on the open field and you are aiming for the torso.

Make a film about the Tiber Wars. Climax is The Underking v. Numidium

Attached: alex-tarakanov-has-done.jpg (1800x2431, 1.02M)

XX = morrowind < oblivion
X = morrowind ~= oblivion

Attached: Untitled.png (539x1474, 75K)

I'd just base it on all of my playthroughs
>bald Nord MC or bald Wood Elf MC, no exceptions
>sit through opening story bullshit
>once outside of towns kill every non Nord, non Imperial, and non Breton I see.
>join Dark Brotherhood as soon as possible
>kill any townsfolk I can get away with
>eventually chip away at main questline
>always kill any vampires and elves that don't direct benefit me to keep alive
>undress every female of any type I kill
>always drag bodies to any fire I can cook over
>burglarize every home I can
>if you are sleep you will be murdered

I think audiences would really empathize with a hero like this

ESO is apperantly super respectful with the lore and is close to Morrowind in that regard.

other games are not any better. especially morrowind where it rolls a dice roll after you hit someone at torso at point blank. and skyrim lacks magic arrows which other titles had

Melee combat fucking sucks in Morrowind. The only games were the melee combat is close to being "good", are Daggerfall and Oblivion. Mostly due to Daggerfall being Doom with swords at higher levels and Oblivion having actual weight behind it's attacks.

Fuck you, bitch

Attached: 1559342908700.jpg (480x480, 29K)

>other games are not any better. especially morrowind where it rolls a dice roll after you hit someone at torso at point blank
welcome to the concept of a motherfucking role playing game

the only reason people can't handle dice rolls in a 3d action rpg is lack of imagination. if there were actual animations and visual mechanics in place for properly representing the combat, there'd be no such whining

>ESO is apperantly super respectful with the lore
Wrong

A turn based rpg or a tabletop game can use dices to hit people since there are no other good alternatives. An actual pc game has no excuse. Scale damage, speed, variance with skill but dice rolls in morrowind combat was dumb as fuck

Set in morrowind tv show. Cast a handsome chad white guy as foreigner seeking adventure. Cast ethnic babes as dark elf vixens looking to capture him as their sex slave and competing against each other. Cast babes also to play to play house councilmen daughters thirsting for his dick. Cast babes in general. The story will be about about a guy blessed with charisma and beauty by the gods who causes chaotic events to unfold in tamriel because of it. So kind of like hellen in troy but gender swap in morrowind.

i repeat, it's a role playing game. the combat is based on your character's proficiency, not your proficiency at mashing keys

Yeah? Tell me more

>this system is bad but it becomes good if you imagine it to be
Remove your nostalgia glasses user

Being a rpg has nothing to do with rolling dices user. You can still have skills affect the performance of your character but not make it random hits & misses.

Lmao, it's an elder scrolls game nigga, combat system is based on 1) my ability to exploit bugs, 2) my proficiency at mashing left click and holding right click and then 3) my characters proficiency

There nothing wrong with diceroll combat. Problem with morrowind combat its incredibly unbalanced. bind yourself a daedric greataxe and u can drop about everything in game few blows. Morrowind would be way better recieved by normies if there was technology in place to have enemies do missing animation based on just skilled they and fatigue playing a role how the animation plays out.

it all boils down to how many potions/spells I can stack before it is getting too boring

To be fair, Bethshit also did some retconing in Oblivion, Cyrodill was described as a jungle in Morrowind, but those lazy fucks went for generic medieval style.

Attached: 1380779481863.jpg (1920x1378, 751K)

Yes, doing 3-5 damage to an enemy that has over 150 health with dice combat is objectively bad game design. Why the fuck is it taking me 30-40 dice rolls for one encounter?

Well, I disagree. I like to take the journey and run into shit on my way, get sidetracked and experience more than just the "mandatory" mission. We're not running errands here, right?

there's nothing "random" about it, pic related

>Morrowind would be way better recieved by normies if there was technology in place to have enemies do missing animation
hence my imagination comment
it would certainly be much better with proper visual representation of everything that happens, but it's not the combat system's fault.

it literally isn't bad you retard, animations being bad or rather nonexistent don't make the combat mechanics bad in an rpg
and there's no nostalgia, i first played morrowind a couple of years ago

Attached: 1465224552137.png (1102x290, 26K)

>your character's proficiency, not your proficiency at mashing keys
but morrowind combat (at early levels) was mashing keys. both you and enemy misses all the time and the combat is endless button mashing until someone dies first in next 10 minutes

>there's nothing "random" about it, pic related
>hit rate
>hit chance
>evasion chance
>literally formulas that gives you two random rolls
>>"there's nothing "random" about it, pic related"
are you a retard? or are you saying that it is not random because random value is calculated using your skills

>Season 1, episode 1, pilot
>Protagonist arrives in Seyda Neen
>Informs immigration that his name is Fuckass the Great and that his self-described class is "Retard"
>First 20 minutes are spent watching the main character closing doors and angling himself properly so he can steal every tan bowl and silver fork that isn't nailed down without being caught
>Next 20 mins are spent helping some asshole midget wood elf idiot named Fargoth find his ring, only to nap in a pond for 5 hours and steal that very ring out of a hollowed-out stump
>Protag finally leaves town and walks down the road
>Last 20 minutes, pilot ends with some guy falling from 100 feet up in the air and the protagonist finding his body
>"What the fuck is a "Scroll of Icarian Flight"?"
>Immediately swarmed by cliff racers as he sprints away, hacking at them furiously with a dagger and missing 9 out of every 10 slashes
>Main character is driven out of town into the middle of a swamp while running away from cliff racers and pissed-off guards
>He meets a mudcrab who wants to buy all of his stolen shit

pure kino

Attached: 10336459173_7edc847e70_b.jpg (1024x768, 171K)

>both you and enemy misses all the time and the combat is endless button mashing until someone dies first in next 10 minutes
git fucking gud
at character creation that is. i have never in my morrowind playing career experienced the miss miss meme because i'm not retarded

do you know what random means?

compared to 99% other rpgs out there that use dice roll its not really random at all. Once the player has little over half in weapon skill and good agility and luck they hit 99% of the time. But people that play elder scroll games don't even play rpgs enough to realize this lol.

You miss your hits quite a lot until you get put somr skills and get some stats user. Your chatacter fights like a drunken blind person at level 1, no matter what your skills are. Why are you lying?

I'd love to see all the best TES moments adapted in anthology style format.

>The armies of Oblivion destroy Ald’ruhn, ancestral home of House Redoran, even though ancient rituals were used to awaken the dread emperor crab and the whole city literally rose up to fight the invaders. With their warrior House decimated, the dunmer of Vvardenfell fall back as daedra move towards a siege of Ghost Gate. Prayers to Vivec and the Nerevarine go unanswered.

REMEMBER REDORAN
REMEMBER REDORAN
REMEMBER REDORAN

Attached: d13xscz-37f4038e-3eb7-421d-b02a-b338d8806110.jpg (1024x768, 535K)

Your chances of hitting increasing with levels doesn't make it non-random user. You guys have a weird definition of random

Morrowind's setting is way too fantastical for a live action tv show, even oblivion wouldn't work due to so much of it taking place in said plane of oblivion. Only skyrim could be translated into live action and it would be GoT tier shit. Now an animated series on the other hand....

>Dragon breaks
save scumming

>CHIM
console commands

>so much of it taking place in said plane of oblivion
That's not true though. You have to go to Oblivion maybe 3 or 4 times tops during the main quest. And it's not like Oblivion is hard to present on screen with today's CGI, it's just spiky towers surrounded by lava.

Wasnt it only once?

game of thrones overrated. Xena and Hercules was more fantastical setting then it and more entertaining.

youtube.com/watch?v=w1AenlOEXao

could be kino

how the shit is it random? read the picture again. what's the random element?

''Battle'' of Kvatch, ''battle'' of Bruma and there was at least one more but fuck me if I'm going to spend time googling it now

It calculates a hit and evasion chance and compares both to random rolls your game does user? Am I getting trolled? Are you really retarded or pretending to be one?

No elder scrolls lore sounds like a kid took acid and just wrote jabberwhacky(which is how it happened)
.its not very good

But daggerfall and morrowind are great games

Attached: 1562635923616.jpg (900x900, 112K)

nice one, they really know how to do justice to their setting

Attached: Dawnstar.jpg (1216x684, 641K)

Those are not really inside oblivio gates though, they were being raided. It has been a while since I played it though.

alright, that's it, this is your last (you)
feel free to look up "random" in the dictionary

Attached: 1555855378571.jpg (680x813, 56K)

Yeah they start as a raid but in order to finish the battle you need to go inside the Oblivion and close the gate

This is what happens when you put loads of lore into content that hasn't been shown. Solitude is supposed to be a huge cosmopolitan center but has like 30 buildings and as many people living in it.

Fuck me, closing oblivion gates is some of the most tedious shit i've ever experienced in a video game, one of the main reasons i never finished the oblivion main quest.

Skyrim is great compared to eso though. Eso is your generic mmo with an elder scroll skin on it.

Best way to do this is to do it as an anthology series where every season covers a different time period and different location. That aligns with the vidya and allows the show to explore its world building procedurally and naturally. It’s also how any adaptation of Tolkien’s stuff going forward should be done

>elder scroll movie
>it is on elder scroll online and people kill skeletons/zombies/random enemies for two hours and collect junks quest items

So, just make it like the Doom movie but Elder Scrolls.

thats why you dont fight at lvl one

Attached: 1535850801228.jpg (570x414, 74K)

C, fuck the mind police

Attached: 1467886085313.png (604x438, 242K)

Reman Cyrodiil biopic when?

not soon enough

Attached: 1514672700625.png (685x768, 468K)

>no wraithguard
F

>dont know the exploit

To be fair, that's not actually alinor
Actual Alinor still looks fucking generic though

Most based character in the series