/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

My dharma is the road. Your dharma is... edition.

Meanwhile:

Attached: is wally brando any good. i just started watching him.jpg (780x520, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lynchnet.com/rrscript.html
youtu.be/oJ_t1eOAipo
youtu.be/ZvY00r1AdWw
thepiratebay.org/torrent/19365122/Twin_Peaks__The_Return_-_Supercut
youtube.com/watch?v=E_q7rZJljKY
youtube.com/watch?v=qauoccOXn90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: laura.jpg (1200x898, 273K)

Can we just all agree that Lynch was literally trolling with this scene? It’s fucking hilarious

He's literally trolling with lots of scenes.

THE POLICEMAN'S DREAM

Attached: 1512611070619.png (1191x556, 553K)

how is it possible that Cooper never happened to meet Maddy?

Attached: Maddy_5_(6).jpg (640x638, 55K)

THE TPGPOSTER'S DREAM

Attached: 1505312524645.jpg (471x612, 37K)

Sensational.

Attached: twinpeaks_sg_028-r[1].jpg (780x520, 76K)

lol

Attached: lunch.jpg (480x279, 22K)

Do you want S4 or something new from Lynch? Be honest.

Attached: 1558815881348.png (1379x1781, 3.78M)

Anyone got a link for The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer read by Sheryl Lee?

Why? Do you really want to hear granny's voice pretending to be a young girl?

Yeah I know

I don't know what I want.
Either, depending on my mood.
I love the ending as an ending, but of course I want more goddamnit
I just want him to make something.

Attached: 1504387636107.jpg (5760x3240, 2.51M)

POST KINO GRIDS RIGHT NOW!

Attached: 1540156725865.jpg (5760x3240, 1.34M)

He needs to make another film, hopefully something like lost highway.

Attached: frank truman.png (480x300, 139K)

Someone needs to make more.
I'd do it but I'm too slow at these things, it'd take me hours and hours

Attached: 1502146684917.jpg (5760x3240, 2.02M)

Attached: 1519683585455.jpg (3840x6480, 2.15M)

Attached: 1504623436644.jpg (5760x3240, 2.41M)

Attached: 1517949944294.jpg (5760x6480, 3.1M)

david lunch lol

Attached: david lynchh.png (640x443, 348K)

Attached: 1526341067373.jpg (1278x717, 117K)

Kinoa

I would love to see Ronnie Rocket finally get made, but he's kinda done that with Twin Peaks.

Love this pic

They met twice, and he met her doppelganger.

???????

And he saw her dead body

Attached: 1507277684750.jpg (750x960, 155K)

cease to exist

You forgot the best performance baka

Attached: 1504026689040.jpg (1280x960, 157K)

I'm in love with Agent Cooper anons, no homo.
I'm so sad for him, I haven't felt like that about any character before.

Attached: 1504551263883.jpg (1920x1080, 81K)

what did Lynch mean by this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190709_100046.png (2153x1211, 1.44M)

Not much. It was just another plebfilter in a show overflowing with plebfilters.
I didn't think anything of it while watching, it was just a nice immersive moment. Lynch likes to let the world breathe every now and then and plebs can't handle it

"Lay back and enjoy the song, you ADHD-riddled zoomer."
-David K. Lynch

So what really happened to Audrey

HELLOOO-OOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOO

Attached: 1495517992452.png (2548x1424, 3.72M)

It just reminds you that Twin Peaks and all of the locations are still there, outside of the plot. I think it means something that on some of the DVDs and blu-rays there was like proto-Twin Peaks ASMR of a sort. It builds atmosphere.

>She died two years before S3 was aired
>She had cancer and was actually dying when this scene was filmed

Attached: e10_loglady.png (960x540, 251K)

yeah, she died like a few days after she finished filming.

Attached: 1493083979400.jpg (1036x1036, 160K)

my favorite is the one where Gordon is hanging out with that chick who takes forever to leave
>she was from a turnip farm. I said she would “turnip” eventually.
>she didn’t get it either

Attached: 1497708593135.jpg (423x423, 86K)

i cant pin point it but her face is very unsettling

blonde chicks with bangs are my weakness, bros...

THE CONGRESSMAN'S DILEMMA

Attached: 1498399852805.jpg (1118x1628, 425K)

it's about how much dirt and shit people leave after themselves. Think about others! Don't drop shit on the floor!

Is the script worth reading?

I dunno, but there's never an explicit mention that she ever woke up from her coma. Hayward says "she was in a coma" when Mr. C visited her, that's it. Her scenes reminded me a lot of some of Tony S's coma dreams.

>HE OWES ME FOR TWO
Just how many Renaults are there?

>"According to Frost, the main storyline after the resolution of Laura Palmer's murder was planned to be the second strongest element from the first season that audiences responded to: The relationship between Agent Cooper and Audrey Horne. Frost explained that Lara Flynn Boyle, who was romantically involved with Kyle MacLachlan at the time, had effectively vetoed the Audrey-Cooper relationship, forcing the writers to come up with alternative storylines to fill the gap. Sherilyn Fenn corroborated this claim in a 2014 interview, stating, "[Boyle] was mad that my character was getting more attention, so then Kyle started saying that his character shouldn't be with my character because it doesn't look good, 'cause I'm too young... I was not happy about it. It was stupid." This meant the artificial extension of secondary storylines, such as James Hurley and Evelyn Marsh, to fill in the space."
Wow, she pretty much ruined S2 because she was jealous.
And Kyle is partially to blame for listening to her.

Attached: Lara_Flynn_Boyle.jpg (448x776, 217K)

just look at her recent pics, karma got her good

bros...

Attached: smile.png (855x617, 770K)

It's fucking nuts how many of the actors died right before and after this season was produced

aaaaaaaaaaa

Attached: 1499532235861.jpg (730x642, 148K)

>those eyes
little lady had a habit

they could all die, even Kyle, wouldn't stop Lynch from making S3.

It really is. I never expected Lynch to convey his visions into words so well.

lynchnet.com/rrscript.html

>even Kyle
No.
Everyone else, yes, but not Kyle. Kyle is Twin Peaks almost as much as Lynch himself.

they could have completely deleted kyle from FWWM and it would still have been great due to sheryl lee and ray wise

>Kyle is Twin Peaks almost as much as Lynch himself.
And Sheryl Lee

Attached: f06ff39133da1d373d19f4e11ba82a85 (1).jpg (408x594, 65K)

They cleaned up the establishment after prostitution and drug craze of the late 80s.

Well, I can't disagree, but 1) that was Laura's story and 2) the intro before we get to TP is actually my favorite part of the movie, and while he's also not integral to that part, the two scenes Coop is in are excellent.

True, but I rank her just a bit below Kyle, ultimately.

For me Kyle is the heart of TP, Sheryl is the soul and Lynch is the brain.

Attached: 15013251468102.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

the pink room scene did not happen in that bar, if that's what you're referring to. this is made clear in the Missing Pieces

What was the best performance at the roadhouse boys?

Attached: 1538594794410.jpg (300x300, 29K)

Rebekah, easily

Were there any non-disfunctional couples in the show except for garland and betty briggs? Haywards could be wholesome too but they had to add that donna's father subplot at the last moment.

Attached: 6e9e078a8b1a0497a73e56758947f47c.jpg (1079x1080, 131K)

Fireman and his thiccfu

Leland and Sarah were fine.

Mr. C and BOB
Big Ed and Norma after S3
Gordon and donuts
Gordon and red wine
Margaret and her log
Deputy Cliff and the giggling secretary
and last but not least, Sheryl and my heart

Attached: 1542231660728.jpg (480x599, 39K)

Sarah was either getting drugged by Leland, knew Leland was fucking Laura and chose to ignore it, or actively conspired with Leland to do it

Hutch and Chantal

cuckoldry is pretty dysfunctional

Really cool thread, OP

Attached: A1B774FF-2557-4136-8122-01E1A7EAA506.jpg (610x466, 99K)

the girl that tells Coop "better hurry, my mother is coming" looked right Rony

that's because it's the same actress.

right so where's the 25 years of aging

THAT'S THE TYPE OF GIRL TO MAKE YA LEARN TO SPEAK SOME FRENCH

Attached: GORDON.jpg (1520x1138, 82K)

>misquoting unironically

Attached: Twin Peaks [1x07] The Last Evening.mkv_snapshot_09.13_[2019.06.16_02.35.46].jpg (576x432, 31K)

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (720x404, 37K)

lodge tricks

what did tammy walk like she did?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-19-20h43m47s979.png (1280x720, 597K)

Still not sure what season 3 was about but I think I loved it.

to give everyone at FBI blue balls

Attached: 1495508776458.png (1280x738, 41K)

This description might feel like scapecoatting and major goalpost moving (if used as a 'defense' against critique), but honestly this is how I've always felt about the show.

not everyone, you know cole went balls deep

>plebs can't handle it
you know he only gets away with this shit because he's who he is

This episode was so fucking intense.

was Andy wearing a fake belly in s3? I hope so

>15 changes to 3 when the flip is switched
redpill me on this

DON'T LOOK AT ANDY'S GUT

Attached: andy's gut.jpg (750x722, 87K)

Dale Cooper, Laura Palmer, growing old, regret, nostalgia, cinema, dreams, alchemy. Does that help?

No, I don't. That whole line of thought is completely retarded. Do you think some people were given notes upon birth that said "you love david lynch"? No, once upon a time he wasn't "who he is" to anyone, he got his status because people loved what he did, and it continues the same way. Assuming people are mindless drones who like something because of a name behind it is silly.

>yfw you realize those are part numbers
>15 is when we wakes up for real
and yes, he was, he's a skinny man

Attached: 1504463684110.png (786x772, 583K)

>Does that help?
No.

I think it's ultimately about time, and its entropic nature. We the viewers cannot save Laura Palmer, with our good or bad intentions, we generate just more suffering for her form (her scream at the end)

>15 is when we wakes up for real
well, that's when he electrocutes himself, he technically wakes up in 16, but sure

I'm sad Bob's actor died. An older Bob could've looked spooky as hell

Should have put Adam Driver in a gray wig lmao

I'm sad we didn't have a corporeal Jeffries, I'm sad Albert can't be in Twin Peaks anymore if anything more ever happens, and I'm sad the midget's ego overwhelmed him and we'll never get to see the large role that was written for him

Attached: 1500287301940.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

>midget's ego overwhelmed him and we'll never get to see the large role that was written for him
What happened?

>midget's ego overwhelmed him
why didn't he come back? i figured, once i learned he was even still alive, he was too gimped up from being an old midget to dance.

the tree did a fine job IMO

How have you missed the stories?

He accused Lynch of writing Twin Peaks on his own experiences of Lynch raping his own daughter or something

This but unironic, that shit freaked me out.

NON-EXISTENT was peak spooky

He's genuinely mentally ill.
Like the other user says, he's posted a whole lot of certain things online, but that I believe was mostly after the fact.
When he was approached for the new series, he asked for a ridiculous amount of money and refused their offers, and that was that. I think he started shitposting about Lynch afterwards. He said Showtime "lowballed him". Meanwhile, everyone else works for peanuts and is happy to work with Lynch, but I digress.
It's sad because he had a substantial role written for him, and more than the Red Room. Source: my ass, but it's true.

Sure, another example of Lynch coming up with great shit on the spot.

Attached: 1496017956715.jpg (1920x1080, 166K)

It's all true though. Lynch made his daughter write Laura secret diary. He tried to relive his raping again just like Leland did with Maddy. How fucked up is he?

Attached: 065.jpg (284x423, 21K)

I didn't watch this series until recently.
I wish I did when S3 was airing.

>He accused Lynch of writing Twin Peaks on his own experiences of Lynch raping his own daughter or something
What the hell
Lynch's daugher or midget's daughter?

Albert looked like a walking corpse in S3

see There are Facebook screenshots about it.

Based

and accused lynch of killing jack nance

it's fun to shitpost and all, but the last thing you should do is take the deranged little cunt's lies seriously.

Attached: 1516391758665.jpg (800x600, 92K)

I don't mean that you should take them seriously, but him telling stories like that and accusing Lynch is part reason why he isn't in the show obviously.

>missed S3 when it was airing
I gotcha

Attached: andrew martin 33.png (661x716, 86K)

> Second panel.
God, why the fuck did so many people, want to watch season 3, without watching seasons 1-2 and FWWM, when that original show and film are the reasons why Twin Peaks was even known.

Its insane logic.

I'm not sure about the timeline, I think he posted all that after he already refused the role, but in any case, it was his choice to not be in the show. If he'd actually said shit like that before, Lynch was apparently willing to look past it and still work with him.

why didn't harry return?

He was in Hawai chilling and dying

Jean Renault and Blackie's half sister
Otis and Buella
The Log Lady and The Log
Donald and Melania (as they exist in Frost's version of TP)

The water and the well

>Otis and Buella
are they couple?

He's alive, but why he didn't return, only he knows.
>Ontkean was approached to reprise his role as Sheriff Truman for the 2017 revival of Twin Peaks. At first, Ontkean was excited about returning to the role, and enlisted Twin Peaks authority Brad Dukes to help him find the jacket which his character once wore on the show. Dukes located a suitable replica, bought it and sent it to Ontkean.
>However, in 2015, Ontkean officially dropped out of the Twin Peaks revival, for reasons which were never made public. Dukes recalled: "We last spoke in August and he informed me he wasn’t going to Washington after all. I told him I was heartbroken to hear that. Aside from being heartbroken, I am puzzled. Twin Peaks is not Twin Peaks without Michael Ontkean as Sheriff Harry S. Truman."

I remember a thread anons were posting screenshots of his crazy facebook posts. I think he ia mentally ill, I mean he is a midget just look at Warwick.

more importantly, what kind of nepotism got Frank the job, when he wasn't even part of the department in s1/2

you now remember that norma is gone too

Probably he read the script and it was fucking nothing for his character. And he doesn't really need a money or fame.

>we didnt get Harry Skypecalling Doc Hayward
rip

Yeah, happened around a month or two. She aged really well.

Attached: 36b59beb9c5b500e16c3e7b50fe57b04_0.jpg (950x534, 63K)

It's okay. Her and big Ed are together. The only happy thing that could actually happen did.

The sheriff is one of the most important in the return.

Sherry still cucked Bobby who was already cucked by having a slut/criminal daughter.

Nothing and everything

Am I supposed to care? How is that relevant to Norma and Ed finally getting together? Why did you respond to me?

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The return did a parallelism with Bobby/Sherry and Ed/Norma but Bobby remained punished even though he became the better man.

Attached: judy.jpg (760x661, 75K)

Attached: mpv-shot0002.jpg (720x404, 38K)

He died too... Or did he?

He doesn't exist anymore. At least not in the normal sense.

Are you talking about Bowie or Dylan?

We're not gonna talk about Dylan at all.

He's not there he's gone

Attached: tumblr_one4isFPKX1uxpcvmo1_1280.jpg (605x974, 58K)

You mean very CUTE

Part 18 was an incredible episode. One of the most suspenseful hours of televisions ever, so austere and haunted, feels like the complete opposite of the episodes that preceded it. Episode drives itself forward, you're put into a story where you feel like you have no idea what is going on but it is propelling forward regardless. It was such a memorable and captivating episode. I'd say the one that shares the most in common with the season 2 finale and Fire Walk With Me, definitely one of the greatest episodes in the series.

Also little detail I loved is the phone that is calling throughout this scene, we never get any resolve, it's just calling, again that impression that we're thrown into the middle of a story.

Attached: Twin.Peaks.S03E18.Part.18.1080p.TrueHD.5.1.AVC.REMUX-FraMeSToR.mkv_snapshot_38.21.239.jpg (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Yes!

* Hits the Jenkem bottle*

"Dying is a human perceptional bias, and nothing else."

We are thrown into the story right in the S01E01, we find Cooper driving a car to a small town in bumfucknowhere. I see your point about it resembling FWWM, and agree. It feels like a rawer version of it all.

Attached: 1554267211633.png (507x297, 97K)

>.jpg
that scene made me laugh so hard. The Vegas Storyline is the greatest thing to come out of television tihs decade. What a wholesome and fun journey it was. Mitchum's were great.

Attached: rodney-grandkids.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

How do you go from looking like the Minime of your father to a generic looking guy? Is funny.

Attached: lynchin.jpg (1108x831, 61K)

I'm just happy T-Bag got a cool role

What'd you do to it, Yea Forums?

Attached: Creamed_Corn_Plate.webm (640x480, 499K)

nature vs nurture

Agreed, it was amazing. Best new characters, every single one of their scenes was great and absolute comedy gold.

>What the fuck kind of neighborhood is this?

Attached: 1503942976167.jpg (316x298, 24K)

>being this new

Same. He's a great actor, and when I heard of his involvement, I knew he'd be great in it. Because he's Jim Belushi, he got a lot more attention, but I think Knepper did a much better job as Rodney.

Shame that he turned out to be a creepy rapist in real life though, kind of tainted it a little for me.

eat the chicken cause protein is all I need

good webm but you should make the appearance of the corn shorter, leave it in there for like one frame

Nothing has been proven

>Pedowitz elaborated that Knepper had signed on for a single season and that his exit from the series had already been planned.
>Pedowitz
yikes

PEOPLE ARE UNDER A LOT OF STRES, BRADLEY.

Attached: rodney.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

Attached: lynchh à paris.jpg (950x1424, 146K)

a lot of women came forward though.
I don't wanna believe it, but I read about it and it bummed me out.

Nice thread you're having. It'd be a shame of something bad happened to it.

HAHAHA. Triggered? Yeah, you've been Niled and this thread is over. Move on.

Attached: Ernie Niles.png (640x480, 508K)

who knows. it is perfectly plausible that whatever he did in 1991 would not be considered sexual assault back then. everything is assault these days.

I honestly would prefer one more film, but Lynch knows best. Maybe a new TV show? He was seen at Netflix not too long ago.

>would not be considered sexual assault back then
That doesn't mean it shouldn't have, though.
I mean, I want to love the guy too, but just saying that it sounds bad.

What happened? What did he do?

got #MeToo'd, his word against theirs

I get that but i want deets

Attached: mpv-shot0003.jpg (720x404, 37K)

>why is coops hair long in some scenes
Kek

>would not be considered sexual assault back then
I personally don't understand why anybody would take this defense as if these people are your friends. The people that did this questionable shit did it because they think the world is theirs, they take and take what they believe is theirs, if that happens to be a woman? fine by them, lets just shove this woman up against a wall, start tonguing her and put my fingers up her cunt because I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THIS.

Nonsense, man. These people aren't your friend, they're narcissistic assholes that don't respect the lives of other people. You probably have to be an asshole to make it in that industry, that's why the decent people in there are so few and far between.

This entire episode...

I don't know what you call that "rewind a few frames every second or so" technique, but it's crazy when used right

heh, Knepper is FUCKER in danish

I want to say Nine Inch Nails but that might just be because its the performance that wraps up episode 8.

watching that for the first time late at night was incredible. the feeling that sequence evoked is indescribable, that time shuffle effect really fucked with my head and conveyed something otherworldly, dreamlike.

user, The Nine Inch Nails played halfway through the episode.

it was kinda hard to watch due to how alien and "wrong" it looked, but I couldn't look away

Why is some of the cgi so shitty looking? Please tell me it's on puyrpose

* Hits the Jenkem again *

Episodes don't exist.

The CGI is A E S T H E T I C.

Attached: 1553638776256.png (460x266, 190K)

yeah, it did feel wrong, in a nightmarish way. like something out of a fever dream. i love it. and it's one of those things where you can never really experience it the way it was the first time.

yes, it's on motherfucking purpose
but if you don't get that already, you probably can't be helped. it does what it's supposed to perfectly well. it's not going for realism, it's supposed to look wrong, unreal, surreal

Attached: doug.jpg (700x700, 101K)

they could've made so much money selling out to starbucks

has anyone downloaded and watched the 18 part "supercut"?
i want to know how it's handled and what the edits are exactly, without having to bother downloading the massive file without even knowing if it's fucked up or not

What I wouldn't give for young Audrey

Attached: audrey.jpg (500x382, 39K)

t. has never seen Lynch's early work

youtu.be/oJ_t1eOAipo
youtu.be/ZvY00r1AdWw

The Dougie scene in particular has a very cool aesthetic to it. The bad visual effects didn't always hit the mark, but this scene did.

Attached: aest.jpg (1920x2160, 374K)

the what now

Me neither.
> Checks the first film.
I don't know how David Lynch does it, but he is the only director that makes me scared.

imo twin peaks is something you should be on the background going on and pay attention when something happens

Maid Josie>>>>>>>>knob Josie>>>>shit>normal Josie

Attached: bf48800784c53e364b07c3d81e7e8937d0c16eef1e584e54012e0ba3eecf4a71.gif (500x321, 1.89M)

all the parts edited together into one, there's a torrent. presumably the opening credits are cut, but i'd like to know exactly how it's handled

what if it was a vhs

Attached: Douglas Jones.jpg (640x480, 40K)

How about your 30 yeat old virginity?

> Watch Lynch video
> Weird fucking electric currency noises starts coming out of window

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FUCK IT SOUNDS LIKE A GIANT AMPLIFIED OLD MODEM THAT ATTRACTS ALINES

Attached: 1559060719913.png (306x165, 55K)

imo you should promptly remove yourself from the physical plane, or this thread at the very least

Attached: 1519739884452.jpg (1080x1080, 119K)

This coat was blessed. Prove me wrong.

Attached: jacket.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

it looks like it smells good

Attached: Part 4 Dougie in Kitchen.jpg (1920x1080, 461K)

Attached: 1509678734.gif (480x270, 1.96M)

user pls dont post Janey-E. It hurts too much.

Did anybody post the Dougiekino grid?

Attached: Dougie 1440p.jpg (2560x1440, 1.42M)

this nigga got knocked out like he got the green glove to the chin

yes but this one has better color arrangement

yeah, I think the other one that's in sequence works better

Attached: dougie-jones-bd.jpg (1080x1080, 507K)

black&white surrounded by color >>>>> random black&white square in a corner

has no one seen this? i dont have the goddamn harddrive space for it

just post this pic and call it a day
people believe he's genuinely mentally ill nowadays. i wish we could save this lil nigga like you wouldn't believe.

Attached: 7y9kylaphmxy.png (934x518, 159K)

>I liked the part I was in (because I was in it)
Based and Armpilled

Holy fucking based

Lack of symmetry

one of you faggots with tons of hard drive space, would you be so kind and download this and report back
thepiratebay.org/torrent/19365122/Twin_Peaks__The_Return_-_Supercut

Attached: 1526033912709.jpg (481x480, 35K)

I thought Michael was pretty cool, he made this, after all: youtube.com/watch?v=E_q7rZJljKY

Attached: 1467553604931.jpg (900x600, 88K)

Remember how weird Part 1 was? How different it was from the other episode, how it is the least Twin Peaks episode of the entire bunch?

I respect David Lynch for that, the season pretty much kicked off with the anti-fanservice and gradually as it goes along gets warmer and warmer. It was amazing watching those first 4 episodes and finally on that 4th one we hear the Laura Palmer theme and see Bobby cry.

Attached: gramophone.jpg (1080x1080, 76K)

>60 gb
>tons of hard drive

Attached: 1496207862549.gif (520x416, 1.89M)

yes, because mine is full and i constantly have to make space for the next movie i download

Attached: BONSAI.jpg (2700x1800, 989K)

Just buy a 1 tb hdd, they are pretty cheap. The main problem is the 2 leechers desu.

I think the s/l counts are frequently inaccurate on there, did you check the actual torrent? there are often seeders when none appear on the website

>Windom Earle was listening all along

Its scary as fuck. The way Coop acts at the bar. Everything is out of place.

Agreed. God do I love that scene at the diner.

Attached: Judy's Diner.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

Does it cut the useless fluff? The nuclear scene went from interesting to masturbatory, it reminded me of 2001 Odyssey in space, Kubrick found out how paint made pretty colors and decided to include everything he filmed with no rhyme or reason.

why so much space cleared out?

fuck you

Attached: 1505104865647.jpg (1920x1090, 210K)

why would Ray believe Mr. C could ever lose at arm wrestling?

because he's not too bright, and because he might not know too well what he's actually capable of, and well.. yeah, what it comes down to is him not being too bright, really

I liked it, but then it went on and on and on, reminded me of a Family Guy joke.

Also maybe this will be finally the occasion to discuss the ending, is funny how /tpg/ at times acts so blind.

What was up with the last episode? The previous one, sped up to finish off Bob, but then they decide to go back in time for some reason? Save Laura maybe? And then there is a long driving sequence that adds nothing and Coop and Diane having sex, what did those 2 add to the story?

>funny how /tpg/ at times acts so blind
>guys what does everything in the last episode mean?

but don't you get it? unlike you, his opinion is right.
he's got the upper hand on arthouse cinema.

>missed the start of the thread

Attached: 421F9D21-4B29-45EE-833C-8EEF5F086BEF.gif (480x270, 2.41M)

>2 generals in the last couple of days
>not a single Peteposter

Pete's gone fishing, user

Attached: 1504498539746.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Because nobody seemed to bother to actually discuss certain things, it was mostly blind fanboysm.
Indeed, you too did not even try to engage it but only try to undermine my argument by making a strawman out of me.

you're the one strawmanning the fanbase. You should have seen this place after the finale aired, it was full of discussion and theories.

I guess I just had bad luck discussing it when it was airing.
Prove me wrong then and tell me what makes the last episode so great?

what was the original plan after season 2, if the show had not been cancelled? would they have even done a third season

bros

lynch was planning on making a series of twin peaks films, starting with fire walk with me. fire walk with me flopped so bad that any twin peaks film series was cancelled.
i'm glad people are starting to appreciate the film now, it's basically proto season 3.
i want to cuddle with her so bad AAAAA

Attached: power couple.png (1600x843, 1.22M)

Has anyone ever tried that watch trick?

Already wrote a little bit here I don't have to defend why I like this episode, so your attitude going into this as if I have to prove something is annoying and doesn't inspire me to put any kind of effort into this.

It was a very gripping episode and emotionally devastating. Season 3 had a lot of things, but it didn't have the crushing bleak darkness of the movie and "lonely souls", this finale changed all that, it came like a giant gut punch after 17 hours of television. It felt like a harsh reminder of everything that is beneath the surface, the truth of the story, truth of the rape and murder of Laura Palmer and how Cooper was naive for thinking he could undo such damage. That final scene, him being completely broken when he realizes there's no answers to be found at the Palmer house, and then the terrible scream that echoes into darkness as the episode ends. It's fucking masterful. It knocked me the fuck out watching it. And that final song, I get goosebumps every time I listen to it
youtube.com/watch?v=qauoccOXn90
Everything that happened in the episode was cold and depressing, and felt like the show needed that.

Attached: part18credits.jpg (1920x1080, 82K)

Based

there was 3 coopers

>Everything that happened in the episode was cold and depressing, and felt like the show needed tha
Well then we will never reconcile because I disagree on this and expected an actual conclusion to what instead felt like a last minute cop-out. It did not feel like propelling but slowing down to a crawl after a great episode had preceded it ramping up the pace. But oh well, you got what you wanted, trying to discuss it with you, aka trying to change your opinion doesn't seem worth it, at best I would ruin it for you, which doesn't seem worth doing.

>we could've gotten 15 coopers instead
damn

Attached: 1488129214598.gif (360x240, 985K)

>discuss
>aka trying to change your opinion
fuck off, you whiney faggot.

I went away from Episode 18 with an overwhelming sense of emotion, it made me feel and that's really all I can ask from Lynch. The entire point of that episode was to me, showing to the audience that it was futile to try and change the past, Cooper was wrong and so the truth of the story must take center stage again. I felt gutted watching it, but I was so happy I had something strong to take away from it.
I hated Episode 17 as I watched it the first time, I feared the absolute worst going into Part 18, and then I quickly discovered that Lynch brought us right back to earth, back to the core of the show, the trauma. It's a perfect ending in my eyes, even the final piece of imagery is perfect, because Lynch and Frost got to reclaim their mystery once again, because we're back in the red room and Laura is whispering something to Cooper, but this time we'll never know what it is, just as they intended in the original run.

I really don't know why you were expecting a conclusion with a bow at the end of things, this is Lynch, have you seen literally any of his movies? Hell did you watch the season 2 finale?

autism

season 4 when

COOPER/COOPER/COOPER

Attached: DR6YgSnW4AAxPrH.jpg (1200x900, 118K)

that devil kid grew up to be red

Trips confirm.

threads usually die down around this time, are there more Euros than Americans on /tpg/?

well im euro

Attached: 1504387243456.jpg (571x388, 24K)

I need to explain what Judy is to my gf

Call for help

Attached: 1495774970680.jpg (440x440, 77K)

I just want coop to get some cherry pie and a hot cup of black joe
why did everything have to fall apart

Fuck twin peaks

Attached: XQ1kv.jpg (500x381, 25K)

Attached: maddy ferguson.png (640x480, 264K)

based best girl

>Kyle signed on for multiple seasons after 2 according to a Letterman interview you can find on youtube
>Sheryl Lee had a third character written for her by Lynch
>Post-cancellation Fire Walk With Me was the prequel in a trilogy of movies, the next movie would have been a sequel to Season 2.

David Poop LOL!!!!!

Attached: DD7E024C-B5F8-4A0C-9BC0-7A0451A6212C.jpg (512x384, 21K)

What was the point of little Nicky? He was in like 1.5 episodes and completely dropped

That's not little Nicky. My bad. But still, why?

Attached: ahahaha-LYNCHED.gif (512x237, 174K)

David Lynch’s son was in the movie too, don’t really know though

am I the only one that only likes the TV show but doesn't like Fire Walk at all?