This is the first anime I've ever watched, it was pretty good. Pacing was terrible...

This is the first anime I've ever watched, it was pretty good. Pacing was terrible, which I assume is the case for any series based on an ongoing manga, but the worldbuilding was really strong. That said, I have some questions for anyone who watches/reads this shit (definitely spoilers):

1. The flashback in season 1 where we see Eren viciously kill Mikasa's kidnappers felt really incongruous to me, am I missing something? I get that his whole thing is that he's a wrathful monster, but he had absolutely no reason to care about this girl that he's never met, let alone care enough to run off on his own, find where she's been taken captive, and devise a plan to kill her captors. We see him mostly content and pacified with Armin and Mikasa a year or so later, and his violent outbursts at that point are mostly just scuffling with bullies, which makes it even more odd. Does it flow better in the manga?

2. Is the beast titan's identity being revealed (visually at least) right around the time we see flashbacks to Erwin's father supposed to be a red herring or is it just lazy character design? The characters look so similar and their introductions were in such close proximity to each other that I figured we were supposed to assume they were the same person, but after finishing the series and spoiling myself on the remaining content I know that they are not.

3. What's up with the season 2 intro where it shows a whole bunch of animals fighting alongside the beast titan, all with the same red orb inside them (which I assume was meant to show they were titans)?

Not posting on Yea Forums because I refuse to spend any time there.

Attached: aot.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

>This is the first anime I've ever watched, it was pretty good.
You should watch more. Attack on Titan is good for the first few episodes but gets really fucking absurd once everyone and their mother can go Titan.

Recommended anime for beginners:
Akira (visually stunning, look up wiki or read the manga for the whole story)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (anything but the Netflix dub, maybe watch a few more anime before jumping into this one)
Naruto (great long-form storytelling)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (just great all around)
One Punch Man (parody of modern anime themes)
Your Name (great romance flick, check out more of Shinkai's work)
Spirited Away (overrated as fuck but god damn it's gorgeous. Good example of traditional animation)
Ghost in the Shell (I don't like it but a lot of others do)
Cowboy Bebop (also great all around)

>shonenshit

This isnt Yea Forums faggot

>attack on shittan
get some taste, kid.

1. Eren is a ragetard, it's a bit far-fetched I know but without Mikasa unlocking Ackerhax he would have died anyway so I buy it.

2. Coincidence, most peple confuse the Beast Titan for Eren's dad initially before the reveal. Maybe they could have made Erwins papa a bit more unique.

3. No meaning confirmed yet, some people think it symbolizes previous forms of the Beast Titan but personally I think it was just for flash.

Fuck off snk tranny

>3. What's up with the season 2 intro where it shows a whole bunch of animals fighting alongside the beast titan, all with the same red orb inside them (which I assume was meant to show they were titans)?
it was completely meaningless other than looking cool. None of the Beast Titan's powers have anything to do with animals and there are no animal titans

>This is the first anime I've ever watched, it was pretty good.
Put on a trip so I can permanently filter your utterly awful tastes. All anime is shit.
End of.

This show is fucking gay

Thanks for the reply, this is exactly what I was looking for.

One more question, who is the fat dude Pixis is playing chess with when we first meet him? At least I think it's when we first meet him. They're in some lavish castle and the fat dude is eating cookies. I assumed at the time that he was the king or some other major player, as it spends an inordinate amount of time showing how scared he is of Pixis leaving to go to the front lines, but then we never see the character again.

he was a noble who ruled a fief in the southern part of Wall Rose. He was afraid of Pixis leaving because he's a coward and didn't want his fief to be undefended, it's mostly just to show that the nobles are more afraid of the status quo being disrupted than the titans themselves

This.
Especially read the AKIRA manga. If possible, purchase it.

Got you, thanks. The minutiae that the show chooses to focus on, especially earlier, constantly had me wondering what was important and what was some kind of hint or clue to the greater mythos. I guess in the end it made the big twist in season 3 that much more interesting.

Or the ultimate kino anime list.

Attached: Plotfags.jpg (2000x2000, 2.05M)

reminder that they're finally doing a full Akira anime

>Naruto
hahahahahaha you can't be serious
why do you want him to watch that filler mess

Attack on Titan looks utterly fucking retarded.

>once everyone and their mother can go Titan.

This is not true at all and I assume any post containing this phrase is bait

some more things to add:
>Hokuto no Ken
>Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z
>Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan
>Psycho Pass
>Hajime no Ippo
>Berserk (the 90s anime) then read the manga

It's a very specific phrase, I doubt it's used too often.
also Hi Caleb

forgot to mention Hunter x Hunter

>Naruto

Someone post the pasta.

What about Humper seX Humper?

Attached: IMG_1341.gif (452x326, 108K)

the pasta

Just know that anime isn't a genre and this is just one type of anime among countless others. I'm saying this because it's something most people never learn.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_17.44_[2019.07.01_18.29.37].jp (1280x720, 101K)

based

Attached: hunter-x-hunter-hisoka-screenshot-01.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

>this fucking list
sure is shit taste here

I've watched about 15 animes. Best of them were NGE, cowboy bepop and ping pong and the worst ones would be attack on titan and naruto.

what should I watch next? I really liked the athmosphere in cowboy bepop and nge

>what should I watch next?
Madoka Magica and Steins;Gate.

>2. Is the beast titan's identity being revealed (visually at least) right around the time we see flashbacks to Erwin's father supposed to be a red herring or is it just lazy character design?

It was very obvious in the manga reveal that he looked like Grisha.

Attached: I9zq5.jpg (800x1191, 175K)

don't watch madoka without watching some unironic mahou shoujou first

Was this the best fight in all 3 seasons?

Attached: levi_vs_beast_titan.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

you have seen samurai champloo i assume right?
watch baccano too.

I don't know if that's necessary. The supposed "deconstruction" angle of Madoka has been blown hugely out of proportion.

Zeke is an actual jobber

I'll watch both

I've seen steins gate and it was pretty good too

samurai champloo is a must if you liked cowboy bebop - it's made by the same guy.
he also has a pretty good slice of life anime, if you want to give the genre a try - kids on the slope.
baccano has that jazzy leak aesthetic and a pretty good story and characters

Rest in pieces, Eren.

Attached: 0119-044.jpg (1809x1300, 911K)

>leak
slick

who's the new protag

Gabi.

It's like The Wire type shit, where everything gets passed to a newer generation in the last season.

This is ironic right?

I've watched like 7 animes and watching Cowboy Bebop right now. When does it get good? I just finished the Vicious episode and it's not bad but it's not as good as people seem to say it is. Spoke is cool but seems to have some Gary Stu qualities.

snk starts out as shit and then gets good you absolute reddit

cowboy bebop doesn't get good, it's garbage. Some edgy b-tier seinen like

He probably turns into a titan before dying.
The manga is such a mess full of magic, stupid family genetic shit and eren pulling a one for all.

-deadman wonderland is better

>3. What's up with the season 2 intro where it shows a whole bunch of animals fighting alongside the beast titan, all with the same red orb inside them (which I assume was meant to show they were titans)?

It's a link in to another related anime called "Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress" where everyone has a glowing heart.

Attached: Kabane.png (1024x576, 609K)

Samurai Champloo was better.

based Gabi, the island devil destroyer

>When does it get good?
Why do people always assume that everything is eventually going to get good? Maybe you just don't like Cowboy Bebop.

Nigga where’s eng dub’ death note

>Naruto (great long-form storytelling)
OHNONONONONONO
HAHAHAHAZAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Goobers on Yea Forums are saying Eren's "death" is basically him manipulating their memories because Isayama fucked up so bad with the detail this chapter, it can't possibly be anything else.

They are willing to gobble up a Naruto tier plot twist when the manga is in the last stage and that basically a chapter wasted for no reason

Save yourself the inevitable disappointment and stop watching now

It goes full retard and turns into bloated anime plot trash tier

You forgot Death Note
Then we also have
Full Metal Alchemist
Seven Deadly Sins
Also, adding One Piece beacuse it's one of the best Shounen and has almost 900 episodes and going.

>AoT
>Not being naruto tier storytelling

The animation for this is pretty fucking amazing

congrats, you’ve watched trash
lets get you started on the right foot buddy
>Citrus
>Space Dandy
>Carole and Tuesday
>Mob Psycho 100
>Eden of the East
that gives you a good base of what good anime is across genres
if you find you don’t like these, then anime isn’t for you which is fine