Isn't this movie a little too dark and scary for children?

Isn't this movie a little too dark and scary for children?

Attached: Harry_Potter_and_the_Chamber_of_Secrets_movie.jpg (368x270, 25K)

*black oily poop comes out of butt*

sneed

Scary and dark, yes. TOO scary and dark, no. I handled it fine when I was 10.

Aren't you?

you're pretty brave user

The scene where Harry and Ron encountered Hermione being slowly absorbed into the Gilderoy flesh-abomination was surprisingly macabre for the films target audience I suppose

harry potter movies are fucking great. why is it that there's so many haters?

Always found the first movie scarier as a kid

I've recently watched all 3 A Very Potter Musicals. I'd rather a film adaptation of that than any more of Rowling's bs

Yea, the Book and Voldemort in the forest always spooked me. I was like 6 at the time and I didn't ever look at the Basilisk in the theater until its eyes got pecked out, then when it died I got all sad and cried like a fag lmao

kek

>harry potter movies are fucking great

Attached: get-out-movie-song.jpg (1013x596, 139K)

The only scary thing about Harry Potter is how it manages to be the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: dreadful.jpg (1623x2886, 1.27M)

Was it? Really?

Attached: 1544964044604.webm (640x264, 941K)

this but unironically

2 was my favourite as a kid because I thought Spiders and Snakes were cool. For some reason the scene in the forest in 1 used to terrify me, with the unicorn blood. I’m not really sure why. As a kid a had a immense fear of werewolves, so I really hated 3, I had a “book of monsters” as a kid, and after reading entry on Werewolves once, I instantly became scared of even the concept. Something about the fear of losing control of your body, both physically and mentally changing, gave me Heebie-Jeebies even thinking about it.

Surprisingly I didn’t grow up to have any fetishes related to any of that stuff, which I’m glad for.

but they are.

the first few are
then they turned into CW drama

"Sneed!"

Eh, the first three are

Attached: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (500x354, 49K)

1 - Shit
2 - Okay
3 - Comfy
4 - Okay
5 - Cringey
6 - Bad
7i - Shit
7ii - Jesus christ when will this end?

>Having a comfy rating and not giving it to 1
Seriously m8? That christmas scene is top tier comfy.

Attached: 131245ULKWzre.jpg (600x315, 22K)

I'd have gone with the dark part to segue into the dull, but good form anyway.

Sure. Rest of the film is shit though so...

>deh posting died unceremoniously

Attached: disappointed obama.jpg (240x165, 5K)

sounds redditty

Everyone and everything has its time.
The whole reason most boards have gone to shit is because they refuse to let things die with dignity if they can't evolve into something. Wojack is probably the most prominent example.

First 2 movies are comfy

Attached: 1450715728922.jpg (552x594, 25K)

>opens book

"NIIIIIIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr"

It did turn me off when Lockhart called Ron a ginger nigger, but other than that it was fine

I think Rowling went too far with having the Quidditch stuff in book 1, it's the most mary sue bit of the series

>mary sue
I don't think that term means what you think it means, user

the giant snake was a bit much, yes

Funnily enough, the first 2 movies have scarier moments than the rest combined. The book scene that was mentioned above, the forbidden woods; then the basilisk and the spiders.
Is there any scarier moment in the rest of the movies than those?

Half Blood Prince is the best shot movie this century.

Wait what.
Do you mean Gilderoy flesh-abomination being absorbed by Hermione puss? lel

Not him but that is exactly what it is? It just so happens that Harry is super special naturally talented at this one role in wizardsport that pretty much renders the rest of the team irrelevant. He gets the best broom as a gift and after that gets snapped gets an even better broom. How is that shit not Mary Sue-tier writing?

A Mary Sue is someone who has no genuine flaws, and everything else is a set piece to make them look better.
Someone being naturally gifted at something doesn't make them one. Especially seeing as even in setting he's just good, not perfect, and the sport is poorly written enough that pretty much every other position in general is seen as irrelevant until book 4

>love Harry Potter as a kid
>except that damn giant spider
>remember that there was a time when I thought spiders were cool and had toy spiders
>now I can't stand to look at them
>pretty sure Chamber of Secrets was the turning point and the cause of my insane phobia
>wait in line for new Harry Potter ride for like three hours when I was a teenager
>they built a full size animatronic of my no. 1 fear in the universe

Other than being responsible for one of the most dreadful experiences of my life, Harry Potter is still pretty comfy, more so in the first three films. Check out the windows in the fake stores of the theme park if you get the chance, they're surprisingly detailed.

hermione was so fucking sexy in the first three movies

Prisoner of Azkaban was peak Emma tbqh, it was all downhill from there

Attached: Prisoner-of-Azkaban-hermione-granger-3357530-569-775-1.jpg (569x775, 145K)

Imagine being the Jewish Hollywood producer that got to fondle her tiny budding breasts under that uniform between shoots

The scene in Half Blood Prince where Katie Bell (I think) touches the cursed necklace that Malfoy gave her and goes flying in the air. That scene was terrifying imo. And the scene with inferiuses also in HBP.

The thing I like about these movies is how they transition from fantasy theme to real life. I don't know if its by design but they mirror exactly the way a child sees the world. Everything about Hogwarts and the Wizard world felt like something out of a dream, but from the third movie onward they felt more and more realistic, as if Harry was making sense of everything going on around him. Like how Voldemort goes from being this nightmarish cloaked creature sucking blood out of a unicorn, to being a goofy guy casually discussing politics in a table with other wizards

>And the scene with inferiuses also in HBP.
The part preceding that was scarier for me, how Albus, being the great wizard and scholar that he was, was reduced to a blabbering old man asking for death by drinking the potion. That always fucked with me on some sort of visceral level.

1 and 2 were comfy, 3 was less comfy but probably the best overall movie.

Everything after that was complete dogshit. Awful pacing, shit seeming to happen for almost no reason if you didn't know the context from the books already, the kids still being shit actors when they got older (especially Watson, holy shit she's the one of the worst actresses I've ever seen, she's lucky she's hot), Voldemort being a goofy comic book villain instead of, yknow, creepy or sinister. Add in the fact that the books got progressively worse as well and the shitty movies based on them had no chance, DH gives up and stops caring about the books, Harry just kind of wins for no reason instead of the convoluted Draco wand owner change shit the books went for.

>no Clifford for President
fuck off faggot use the real image next time

Yep. Plus we start to learn about the Ministry and the politics of the wizarding world in book five, when Harry was around 15. That's about when teens start getting into politics, even if it's a basic-level understanding.

I saw it when I was a kid and thought it was fine.
It was the third movie that probably traumatized many kids.

underrated

THATS NOT MY BOY
THATS MY WIFES SON

Attached: 1511886043492.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Harry’s literally retarded at everything that’s not quidditch user. He can’t get girls, his friends are losers, he sucks at 90% of magic, he literally can’t do anything on his own, he can only overcome the conflicts of the book thanks to the contributions of the people around him.
Post book he’s probably one of the shittiest aurors of all time, I mean can you even imagine? Harry trying to hunt a dangerous wizard against whom he doesn’t have 16 layers of plot armor? He’s 100% behind a desk so the ministry can say they’ve got auror potter without his incompetence getting him killed.

what do you call this stance?

Attached: harrypottersex.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

this

but i think they're all good and comfy movies and i don't care about the little flaws they have. haven't read the books though, wonder if that has anything to do with it

wow.
truly I picked the right board

protecting your other pair of shoes stance

Every fucking time this picture is posted the list is different

Attached: 1531217462964.webm (640x360, 1.53M)

>Voldemort being a goofy comic book villain instead of, yknow, creepy or sinister.
lemme guess because he made a funny noise once and you thought it was just so hilarious because you're a child and therefore he's a bad villain
I agree with some of what you said but not this

they could be just making out

More like nearly every exaggerated action he makes. I've thought this since the fucking graveyard scene in 4, deh posting had nothing to do with it. Hell, I don't need to justify my opinion to you when this is literally your level:-
>lemme guess because he has a scary face and you thought it was just so spooky because you're a child and therefore he's a good villain

I was lowkeyed scared of basilisks after i saw it in theatres. I was quite the pussy when i was young