/bongpunk/

post bongpunk movies.
atm I can only think of:
This Is England
Bronson
Quadrophenia

Attached: Bathwick_Hill,_Bath,_Somerset,_UK_-_Diliff.jpg (4000x2810, 3.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stephenson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Armstrong,_1st_Baron_Armstrong
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Made in Britain
Dead Man's Shoes
Trainspotting
Full Monty
28 Days Later
Shallow Grave
Kes
Brighton Rock

Hot Fuzz
Get Carter
Billy Elliot
Snatch
Kes
The Wicker Man

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1139x1600, 183K)

Gangster no 1

The documentary on the Hillsborough disaster is pretty good.

rawhead rex

this is the worst thing vegas has been a part of by some distance.

Anybody knows where can i find Mark Kermode's review of this?

A Clockwork Orange (quite obvious)
24 Hours Party People

looks comfy

The Damned United, also best sports film of all time

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Snatch

The Long Good Friday

>The Mafia? I've shit 'em.

Attached: p02tvm1p.jpg (320x180, 11K)

NAKED

Bath is alright but pretty overrated imo

there's a street in Newcastle that is basically the same as the famous Royal Crescent but nicer

Attached: 1b[1].jpg (720x540, 80K)

>Pajeets
>obtrusive parking signs

No thanks.

Withnail and I is peak bongpunk

It's relentlessly bongpunk.

you've obviously never been to Bath then

Here's some small town kino. Voted most idyllic in all of Europe by Forbes if memory serves. The chinks and Japs fucking love this place.

Attached: ChadBurford.jpg (784x392, 60K)

It is relentlessly small but not relentlessly idyllic.

how about this

Attached: 2CEDA61600000578-3255009-image-a-83_1443627275970.jpg (962x612, 207K)

>hurr durr bongland has ugly shitholes did u no!??!
No shit, Sherlock. I've written here many times before that Britain is a massively stratified society. You see this with the populace too, with millions of ugly goblins and ogres coexisting as normal, decent people. You have fucking Islambad then a little but up the Thames you then have Henley. Night and day difference.

I haven't been in years but recall always enjoying the visits. One of those fucking swans bite me when I was trying to give it some bread in my infinite kindness and generosity when I was like 5.

Imagine living in a place like that in the country with your waifu and daughterfu.

Attached: 1557089123220.jpg (1920x796, 242K)

And son. I unfortunately don't. It's not a shit hole in the least but it's bereft of the comfy vibes villages and cotwold market towns have.

I have a friend down in Devon who I visited once and was shocked at how comfy and idyllic his village was, yet locals were insistent it was going down the drain. They don't know how good they have it.

get carter
performance
alfie

24 hour party people

that's a good one, too bad it's little known

Jubilee

That's not bongpunk

THIS is bongpunk. Grey skies and endless amount of these

Attached: a-row-of-red-brick-terraced-housing-on-st-georges-street-shrewsbury-D3R0KK.jpg (1300x957, 190K)

Look at my fucking eyes...

Went into this relatively blind and it's fucking brilliant.

wtf thats Bathwick hill, I live near there

Watch the rest of Mike Leigh films.

My waifu is from the peaks district. We have a small daughter. Went there with them recently, was nice. Don't really want to live in England thought.

What’s that movie about a photographer who accidentally photographs a murder, and tries to peice together what happened? Movie is also fucking insane and has a million little subplots and despite having a narrative, barely actually goes anywhere. I can’t remenber name, but it’s pretty old and everything about it (locations, fashion, the way people physically looked) was quintessentially British. Even though script felt like it was written by an alien.

>tfw live in the place the shire was based on
Feels comfy

Attached: fixedw_large_4x.jpg (1224x905, 346K)

blow up
completely unrelated but for more thrillers about accidentally catching a murder, check blow out (classic de palma with young travola) and fear x (paranoia thriller with conspiracy obsession that winding refn went bankrupt for)

Blow-Up, the film is not about the plot but about how we perceive things and how deceiving our perception is. I wouldn't approach it as a typical thriller. Also it's written and directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, one of the best directors ever.

Attached: blowup2017.jpg (2000x1515, 701K)

Mike Leigh's Meantime for kino depressing Englishness and Gary Oldman's first film.
Smoky pubs, rows of crap council houses, bum-fluff moustaches, fraying sofas and dole queues.

Attached: MV5BZjI1M2Q5MjUtMDIxZS00NTZhLTgwNzQtYzJjZjhiYmY1OWM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg (1204x720, 147K)

Fear X is so underrated.
>"people aren't used to films without an ending'"
Based Refn

This thread has everything in it that is worth watching:
Made in Britain
Meantime
Naked

of course there are plenty of depressing white trash films like Tyrannosaur or In the Fishtank.
And there is US made Syd and Nancy about Sex Pistols, but it's not good.

Blow-Up is an art film. It's great but nothing about it is punk. The milieu is what we today would call hipster and the atmosphere is contemplative and introspective.

Attached: if-1968.jpg (1118x1600, 332K)

Newcastle as a city is underrated in terms of architecture, problem is it's filled with the most retarded people in England

based, teenage tits and STENs are the best.

Newcastle's importance is underrated full stop

there was a point in history when it was arguably the most globally influential place in the world

actually that's sunderland or middlesbrough

severely underrated post.
also i see'em.

Huh, really? If I had to take a stab in the dark, I guess you mean cause of all the shipbuilding which I am guessing was for the Royal Navy which made Pax Britannica possible. Am I close?

Go watch Simon Evans and his bit about Newcastle if you want to hear Geordies being taken the piss out of.

posting the most obvious

Attached: 1558573835744.jpg (1100x618, 70K)

probably that and George Stephenson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stephenson

Basically coal, engineering and shipbuilding

Newcastle produced masses of high quality coal that basically made the British empire possible

In the 19th century there were many engineering innovations. The first effective locomotive, the first useable lightbulbs (fuck off Edison you lying cunt), Armstrong guns, hydroelectric energy and much more.

Fuck. Why have I seen Glasgow touted as the Empire's second city over and over but not Newcastle? Just to make the porridge wogs feel better about themselves?

was about to post this

completely forgot about Armstrong, what a lad he was
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Armstrong,_1st_Baron_Armstrong

tbf Newcastle was only really important in the 19th century so I can understand if other cities have had more influence historically. That said, it can't be overstated how incredibly important it was in that short period

wtf lad im in widcombe wbu x

is this /brit/?

YouTube, it's called mark kermode reviews sex live of the potato men

Laughing, Middlesbrough has no decent architecture, I live there

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Good taste lad

Rita, Sue and Bob too
East is East
Full Monty
Kes
Finding Eric

Anyone got a list of working class films set outside of London? those are the comfiest.

It's not there. You liar.