Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......... zzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Attached: 220px-Lincoln_2012_Teaser_Poster.jpg (220x325, 21K)

what

Comically forgettable. Like I couldnt tell you a single thing that happened and I saw it in theaters when it came out.

Yeah, I got about half-way through as well.

>some movie about old white people
i can't

>doesn’t show Lincoln getting shot
I want my money back

They end slavery and Lincoln gets shot

I liked it except the gay fat kid. I really liked the parliamentary style House of Representatives scenes

>pretends Abrhaham Lincoln freed the slaves out of compassion and a sense of morality
>In reality Lincoln freed the slaves to destablize the South and win the Civil War
>Lincoln actually despised blacks and considered them not equal to white people, and supported sending them back to Africa

Really makes you think.

Attached: abelincoln.jpg (632x752, 36K)

>not remembering James Spader as Mr. Bilbo
>not remembering ABRAHAM LINCOLN AFRICANUS THE FIRST
>not remembering the Ethan Allen shit story
This board is full of pic related

Attached: pol explains race relations.jpg (1920x800, 101K)

back those facts up

>make movie called Lincoln with DDL (who's perfectly cast along with most of the rest of the actors)
>have majority of the film not be about Lincoln and instead revolve around boring congressional debates on the passage of the 13th amendment
>don't even show his death
Why couldn't we just get an epic 3 hour film detailing his early life, rise to political power, struggles during the Civil War, and then have the final chapter be about his push for the 13th and his death?
They should have done a multi-part film series instead, feels so wasted.

>Steven Spielberg

>slowly brings hand up
>slams it on table
>I... am the President of the United States... clotHED IN IMMENSE POWER
kino

no one fucking watches 4 hour birth to death epics

what do zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzoomers NOT find boring, is the better question

Spielberg hasn't made an entertaining movie since Jurassic Park

Lincoln and Bridge of Spies are two of the dullest films I've ever seen

It was all about preserving the Union. The blscks were just a tool to use against the South. Kind of like how Democrats use blacks today for their own motives.

Attached: Design-3.png (1024x768, 670K)

Well, brainlets don't I suppose.

Tommy Lee Jones with his verbose insults like your gratuitous and senseless blithering has driven me to the point of pulmonary incapacity

Thaddeus Stevens : How can I hold that all men are created equal when here before me stands, stinking, the moral carcass of the gentleman from Ohio? Proof that some men ARE inferior, endowed by their maker with dim wits, impermeable to reason, with cold, pallid slime in their veins instead of hot, red blood! YOU are more reptile than man, George, so low and flat that the foot of man is incapable of crushing you!
George Pendleton : How dare you!
Thaddeus Stevens : Yet even YOU, Pendleton - who should have been gibbetted for treason long before today - even worthless, unworthy you ought to be treated equally before the law! And so again, sir, and again and again and again, I say, I do not hold with equality in all things, only with equality before the law!

If plebs could stand three hours of shitty Marvel quips then they can survive Abe Lincoln debating with Stephen Douglas goddammit.

Attached: image.jpg (228x300, 12K)

>debate does not include cannonfire, jiggly tits, and lasor beams

D R O P P E D

but he killed vampires tho what's not to love

When is Daniel Day Lewis coming out of retirement?

He killed Jews?

Lincoln was a classic politician and spoke in ways to find himself agreeable depending on who he talked to. Anyway, it's true that his priority number 1 was ending the war, followed by freeing the slaves.

I literally fell asleep while watching this film, which is a shame because I really wanted to watch it.

He said BACK
*clap*
THOSE
*clap*
FACTS
*clap*
UP

Either defend your original statement or concede that you’re a dumb idiot

>his priority number 1 was ending the war, followed by freeing the slaves
Close. He freed the slaves to destabilize the South and win the war, and keep industry and agriculture crippled post-war to ensure a second revolution would't occur. If freeing the slaves had no effect on the war, he wouldn't have done anything at all to end slavery, before or affter the war.

Read the quote nigger.

>Democrats use blacks today for their own motives.
Think you’re confusing liberals with democrats. Bernie Sanders actually marched with the civil rights protesters.

Yet another thread where people want to discuss the politics instead of the movie. Kill yourselves, every single one of you.

weak ass oscar bait moment

He was inconsistent. He said a lot of shit like he thought blacks shouldn’t served as jurors, but at the same time enlisted a lot of black man as high ranking members, and also respected Frederick a lot.

Yeah, it's not like the most famous line of the most famous speech Lincoln ever gave was literally about "the proposition that all men are created equal" or anything

>Bernie Sanders actually marched with the civil rights protesters.
So what? Seriously, if that's all it takes for you to believe he has beneficial motives for "supporting" the African American community, you're a moron. Want to know who else championed civil rights, the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Attached: fred.jpg (483x405, 103K)

based max hardcore, he's a fucking legend!

I remember having to watch this 3 times cause I fell asleep the first two. The first time I woke up when Lincoln dies and his kid is screaming. It was a big wtf moment.

Adopt old dead white cis you mean

It was so boring.

This movie was seriously boring.
I watched the entire 5 hour Das Boot mini series in one sitting but I couldn't make it through this.
The only other movie I fell asleep to was Interstellar that I went to the midnight premiere to.

>I watched the entire 5 hour Das Boot mini series in one sitting but I couldn't make it through this.
thats because you are either not an american or you wanted a big boom boom historical epic w/ a 30min long battle climax instead of what it was

for what it was it was good, but its too nuanced for anyone not interested in the civil war, let alone people who aren't even burgers. Day Lewis is god tier as always but because he isn't ranting about potato niggers/drinking people's milkshakes people forget about his performance. Most people probably only remember TLJ hamming it up in that one scene

>no bloodsquibs shootout with old firearms
django was better than this whitey crap

>you are either not an american
The average american has a lower attention span than the average european

and the movie is about a niche look at a specific moment of lincoln's presidency, meaning your attention span has less to do with it than whether or not you are actively interested in that specific niche you butthurt euro

I'm a burger, and I wouldn't give a flying fuck about a long and slow paced historical epic about how churchill handled shit as minister of munitions during ww1, and this is somewhat similar. the big picture stuff is there but it isn't the focus and there isn't a lot for someone not familiar with the setting to get out of it if they go into it unknowing

Intro scene was crazy. Wish they showed more civil war.

>make a film about the most interesting man starring the greatest actor

When I was in 8th grade our class went to see it and got free popcorn and sodas and basically skipped the whole second half of the day so I guess that's the least boring situation this movie has ever been in

He actually freed them because he intended to send them back to Africa. But then he was assassinated.

I didn't realise Django Unchained came out and I already sold my rents on Lincoln. Wanted to shoot myself when I saw how enjoyable Django was. But hey, at least Lincoln wasn't War Horse.

Abolishing slavery is an unnecessary step if you intend to mark all the slaves return to sender

actually forgot this film existed. is it any good?

>it’s a DDL movie
No need for Ambien tonight boys