Liked Far From Home, but one autistic user here was right, Raimi’s 2 was the best one...

Liked Far From Home, but one autistic user here was right, Raimi’s 2 was the best one. The Jesus moment alone was more kino then every MCU movie combined.

Attached: D1E7233F-288A-4FF8-9524-3941D6DD3643.png (650x390, 366K)

No one wants to talk about spooder man?

This. Superman being Jesus is passe. Spider-Man is the savior of the modern age.

Thanks buddy. I’m watching Homecoming with my dad right now, I feel totally free to shit post. When I was watching spooder man 2 I had to be fully attended to the train scene it was so good

Guy named Otto Octavius winds up with eight limbs. What are the odds?

Attached: 86875764653.jpg (1920x1139, 115K)

Spider-man is dead. He’ll only be remembered as Ironboy by the majority of zoomers

Laughed so hard at this

You’re right I thought I was an enlightened boomer enjoying spider boy but Raimi’s has so much more soul.

>his mask is off for literally the entire duration of the train scene
>not ONE (1) news station or random onlooker in New York was recording a subway train moments away from destruction while an unmasked Spider-Man is right on the front

BRAVO RAIMI

Maybe I'll go see it with my dad too.

Why'd you think The Bugle pays for Peter to take pictures of Spider-Man? Nobody in New York photographs anything.

all 3 raimi spiderman are like this
unlike now for these more recent capeshit, actors don't just take their mask off all the time for action scenes

most apparent in tobey to garfield

It’s a good movie to watch with your pops.

Surprisingly beautiful moment for capeshit. Bravo Raimi indeed.

Please explain why this board considers messiah imagery to be kino when it is baby's first take on superheroes?

Attached: 6qyp5xtlkxvy.jpg (750x529, 36K)

You're just too dumb to get it.

>We're now living with a generation of people that think the Raimi movies are bad and that MCU Spider-Man is the best

Attached: 1518384145637.jpg (600x404, 39K)

A blurry image of a brown haired guy in Jew York isn’t going to mean much

HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

This particular moment just was kino. I agree it’s overused but it was just perfectly used, especially given the mass amount of sacrifice and doubt Peter was going through in this movie.

>Jew York
Based anti semite

If only Sony had allowed Raimi to make Spider-Man 3 the way he wanted and then had Spider-Man 4 with Bruce Campbell as Mysterio.

I blame Trump

>DUDE HE HAS POWERS AND SACRIFICES HIMSELF FOR HUMANITY JUST LIKE JESUS LMAO
What's to get? What original points are you making with this parallel?

Bruh we only got one video of the first plane hitting the North Tower of the WTC and that happened just a couple years before this movie, what makes you think everything was like the smartphone era back then?

Every story has been told, if you don’t like it five, but all set is derivative, the way it’s implemented is more important. Tell me you don’t like the train scene.

I wish. 3 was bad, 1 and 2 are amazing.

Not as long as us boomers are alive.

>every story has been told
that's the worst excuse I've read of turning a junior high book report into a movie

Raimi's Spiderman encapsulates how I always saw Spiderman. The duality where he was just a big dork before the bite, then when he puts on the mask, his self deprecating turns outward and he becomes a clever wise ass with a new source and outlet for his confidence. Holland's portrayal is written is too deadpan and awkward, like a Michael Cera role.

It was 2004

I don’t know what to tell you then. I’d love to see the movie you write, then I’ll trace it back to Fellini, John Huston, and JD Salinger.

This, Tobey MacGuire just made the role for me.
Tom Holland just feels like Iron Man Jr., it's so boring and there never feels like there's any true stakes.

I actually like spider boy but compared to Raimi and Macguire it’s not comparable. Garfield was the worst, despite actually being s good actor.

i've always imagine spiderman as a poorfag who as peter parker can barely hold down a job but is intelligent and hard working, and as spiderman does all the positive humanitarian things that attracts less attention to peter parker like helping good people get by. Not everyone knows who Spiderman is but those who have seen him do his thing will never forget his kindness.

Garfield Peter Parker was cringe, but at least had soul.
Also, peter & gwen had a lot of chemistry in those films

That's because the actors were dating. Method acting: the movie.

It's alright zoomie. IPhone didn't come out until 2007 and really kicked off the smart phone age with easy to do, constantly on-demand recorded phone footage. Spiderman 2 was 2004.
Then again, I'm old enough to remember party lines, where neighbors would share the same phone line with each other. Those were the good ol' days.

Attached: 1554396918684.jpg (443x455, 96K)

Your missing the point. It's not that the theme has been used before, it's that when you think of a deeper take on the super hero genre, the Jesus parable is the first thing that comes to mind.

t. zoomer revisionism

I actually remember the first time my house got internet. My dad told me to google "boobs" to check if it worked.
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug...

Underrated post.

I love being old

I don’t disagree I just really loved it in 2.

You’re dad is based

I want all out raimi fags to feel like cockroaches in a sewer. You're the unwanted reviled filth in this industry.

MCU Spiderman is the best Spiderman AND FFH was the best marvel movie to date. I want you all to feel disenfranchised and horrible that you lost

Attached: Screenshot_20190709-020153.png (2048x1817, 1.55M)

>best movie
>only made 577 million
Bros... I'll still get my paycheck for shilling it, right? Right? Guys Mr. Farashnu isn't responding to me when do I get paid?

I’m the OP, I like spider boy, but Raimi’s was better. You can like both

Holland doesnt really transform with the mask on, he's just as awkward if not more.

Objectively correct. It was fucking beautiful.

That one dude saying, “He’s just a kid,” gets me every fucking time.

I’m laughing at it again just thinking about it.

I enjoyed the thread, anons. I love you all.

Raimi will always be superior because it was the last alt right capekino movie

>last alt right capekino
>tdkr

This. The problem with Holland's Peter is the he's an upper middle class spoiled brat who has everything given to him. Spider-Man is supposed to be a poorfag that gains great power and struggles to do the right thing even if doing so ruins his life.

Absolutely nailed it. In the comics, Pete’s got a bit of a chip on his shoulder about the “superstars,” too. It would be nice to see that aspect of his character in a setting where there are more heroes than just him.

Kirsten Dunst ruins all of them. Tobey Maguire sucks as well.

That scene was weird, Maguire’s stupid acting and rubber face ruined it. It could have been serious and profound but he made it comical and schlocky.

>The Jesus moment alone was more kino then every MCU movie combined.
It's 'than', not 'then', retard.

That’s your meme being forced like a hard turd. Holland is actually perfect and he’s staying on as Spider-Man as the character ages.

His character isn’t even Spider-Man.

I had a Motorola camera phone in 2004. Was shit quality but still

I was a 20 year old when Raimi’s films were released, I liked them but this new version is my favourite and he’s still in school so they will improve even more.

new spiderman just feels more solid/real

raimi's spiderman is like watching a fever dream.... everything's kinda off and a bit wacky and weird compared to reality

Holland's Peter is poor, they show this many times

Bollocks. He’s a brave little bastard but with the mask on he takes it up a notch. I think you’re looking at Maguire through extreme rose tinted goggles, rewatching the films and he’s not remotely as good as people here insist.

Yeah another user who missed the scenes about dumpster diving, making his own spidergear from sweatpants, being bullied for being poor, riding shitty public transport, his crappy apartment...

Its not just the phone thing, it was literally different time. No social media meant you wouldn't phase out of existance if you didn't post a picture to IG every five minutes, like (((current year)))
If some mysterious stranger blacked out while saving your train from derailing in 2004, you would be completely awestruck not reaching for your phone to take a fucking we-fie

He didn’t nail a goddamed thing, he actually lied about the Holland character or he’s retarded and hasn’t noticed massive hints in the entire set of films.

It’s Spider-Man.

This. The Raimi films feel like the arse end of 90’s cheese fantasy, where the characters look like actors and everything is hammy and OTT.