Midsommar vs. Hereditary

- movie begins with unexpected family tragedy and lead character hysterical crying over death of loved one
- quick shots of cult-esque imagery/symbolism and motifs
- use of intriguing IRL cult/demon terminology from olden times that the audience doesn’t know, and has to google afterwards
- main characters are big weed fans, and drug use goes horribly awry
- tons of not-conventionally-attractive naked ppl
- young disfigured person
- brutal close-up shot of a dead bloody head laying on its side
- spooky “cluck” sound from Hereditary repeated throughout movie, vs. the sharp inhale/exhale sound repeated in Midsommar
- movie ends with an intense ritual ceremony held inside a mysterious shed out back, in which one of the main characters is crowned “king” or queen etc.

I am describing both movies.

I loved Hereditary but Ari Aster went and made the same fucking movie again. There's a fine line between a "director's trademark" and pulling this shit.

Attached: midsommar-hereditary-sequel-fan-theory-1148404.jpg (590x350, 36K)

A bone chilling slow burn

Attached: 1507713765.png (454x520, 13K)

Were the 2 movies connected?

Please, my post, she's very sick

Midsommar is a pretty solid, yet flawed 7. Hereditary is closer to a 5

he’s building a universe and that’s a good thing

He's trying to tell people something about real life. The shit in these movies is happening right now somewhere out there in reality.

I laughed at the Pubie Pie

jordan peele did the same thing with get out and us, why horror filmmakers are devoided of creativity?

Yeah but they are still both really good. If he does a similar plot again, he'll be exposed as a hack, but if he goes in a different direction in his next film he will solidify himself as one of the best directors working today.

Same pattern as Jordan peele. Avoid soi horror like the plague

>hereditary
>good

OP here and I agree with this, the best and worst part about Midsommar was how similar it was to Hereditary. Like if Hered didn't exist, I would've loved Midsom

Can someone explain how Us was a copy of Get Out? I saw little to no similarities. Get Out was much better though

Blacks

>movie begins with unexpected family tragedy and lead character hysterical crying over death of loved one
This doesn't happen until like a third of the way in in Hereditary

Haven’t seen Midsommar yet; hated Hereditary, other than it’s good cinematography, I thought it was pretty bad. Any reason to go see this?

it doesnt matter what some fag on Yea Forums thinks. The normies love it. Thus, greatness achieved.

You probably won't enjoy it if you didn't like hereditary.

oh okay

Can we PLEASE go one fucking day where I don't gotta see this faggot's face? That's all I ask. One day. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE