I don’t understand

Why is the actress cast in accordance with the race of the character?

Attached: 6FF55D35-006E-44FA-8311-DF11242BB23B.jpg (640x948, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HiqmZLOaD8o
youtube.com/watch?v=TVcLIfSC4OE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should be hindu
Tibet is China innit?

Its a culture based movie where as the little mermaid is about a mermaid

Are you saying that black people can’t be Chinese?

About a Danish mermaid, yes. Lot of black Danes are there?

No, of course not.

Attached: danish.jpg (871x1011, 215K)

>it's only okay when it's white characters
Just admit it already.

>Danish mermaid
you're retarded as fuck

Five years ago this would have been a troll image.

China is not a fantasy kingdom under the sea

YEAH, WHY ISN'T LESLIE JONES PLAYING MOOLAWN?!?FACT!!!

Doesn’t even matter that it’s “just some nationless and deracinated mermaid vs Chinese culture”, that’s just the angle they’re taking *this time*. But they would just as happily have cast her for literally any white girl ever, fictional or real, if they so pleased, and would have accused anyone upset about it of racism. They’ll always find their angle.

How many non-Danes speak Danish?

(((They))) know better than to mess with the proud Chinese people.

>Just admit it already.

he wont. He's a self-loathing numale white guilt faggot who hates his father aka THE PATRIARCHY which is why he sucks up to niggers while he thinks his virtue signaling will impress Stacy's who wouldn't piss on him unless he was on fire or looking for someone to help raise Tyone's kid!!!FACT!!!

I didn't see a SINGLE black person in the teaser. It's 2019. What the FUCK?

>Its a culture based movie
When are you people going to realize you have absolutely no credibility left?

Attached: 1513873962302.jpg (672x679, 362K)

Yet...

You know what, if they filled industrial France with blacks in Beauty and the Beast why not medieval China as well?

Attached: WTF_BlueLiterature.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Well that’s uncommonly strange. You beat me by a minute, asshole.

=pre-industrial

I really thought Disney was more inclusive than this. After their BOLD casting for The Little Mermaid, going against all logic and reasoning, pissing off fans, and picking a black actress, I expected more.

We should mobilize and shit. We should be out in the streets and make frequent reddit posts!

In their defense when someone mentions France or the French, most people automatically picture blacks

>blacks
>swimming

Attached: B6D87E68-F64D-4713-985C-B6745C2850B1.jpg (320x180, 7K)

>Danish *people* can be black

Well there you go. Chinese *people* can be black

I actually noticed that, I’m so used to at least one prominent African mug that the lack of one disoriented me and the homogeny of the cast seemed surreal.

>zaddy

Attached: 1306653818527.jpg (313x286, 17K)

but blacks can't swim

Diversity Deficiency Syndrome (DDS) is an actual medical condition that requires for its cure intensive viewing of the latest American TV shows or, in the most serious cases, British TV shows.

My little sister (15), who I thought I had done a pretty good job keeping in the light, came out this morning ranting about how rayciss whypipo were unthinkably upset about a black Ariel, and my conservacuck stepmom started agreeing amiably, and I had to be the asshole to tell her that no, it wasn’t OK, and she only felt any sort of way about it whatsoever because the trendy woke pages she spends all day perusing on Instagram told her to. Now she’s silently and selfrighteously judging me for being rayciss and we aren’t talking. It was inevitable that it would come to this. She was doing so well! But I will be wise enough to be more explicit and thorough with my children. It has been a valuable lesson observing her descent in real time. Undoubtedly this is just the beginning.
God, what a hell of an age to have to endure!

>or, in the most serious cases, British TV shows.
Now that you mention it, the Great British Baking Show is especially diverse, isn’t it? And the BBC are always going out of their way live up to their acronym. Wonder why they’re pushier about it over there.

>industrial France
Satan go back to school

Riveting story, chap.

They even got rid of the nigger dragon to not piss off Chinese audiences lol

Attached: 85674F0F-7ABA-49B4-AFCA-CAFAE2968FB0.jpg (300x400, 19K)

>China is not a fantasy kingdom under the sea

1) Mulan is fiction

2)Arielle's father is literally a Greek god, the story is centered around white peoples' fairy tales

> implying The Little Mermaid isn't Danish culture.

Attached: Copenhagen_-_the_little_mermaid_statue_-_2013.jpg (220x329, 19K)

Your kids are going to get fucked over by the public school system either way.

One reason would be that with Mulan, Disney aren't trying to faithfully remake their cartoon version, but to tell a story closer to the 1500 year old legend. There's no Mushu or Cri-Kee, no Li Shang character, and supposedly nearly all of the songs have been cut (possibly "Reflection" is still in there, as one of the only elements of the 1998 original that the Chinese actually enjoyed). The legend is about a fictional character, yes, but it takes place alongside real historical events. The original cartoon also flopped hard in China - the government only allowed it a limited release and filmgoers found the changes made by the Western studio distasteful.

The MO with The Little Mermaid however is a pretty straightforward remake of the 1989 cartoon, rather than a more faithful adaptation of the source material as with Mulan. The nearly 200 year old fantasy tale has a lot of Christian themes and some darker elements that Disney won't be interested in, and even the original tale itself is purposefully written to be timeless, with no reference to a specific time or place in history. Many of its characters also belong to a fictional race of magical undersea creatures. There is much, much more wiggle room for casting in that, let alone the fact that few people actual know or care about the original tale over the Disney cartoon, compared to the huge amount of cultural pride and heritage that surrounds the Chinese legend.

This

See That’s the excuse but that’s all it is.

I'm not gonna argue that the casting was done for diversity points. I wanted to lay out why it's less offensive to cast a black girl as Ariel than as Mulan. Which should, honestly, be outstandingly obvious.

*wasn't done for diversity points

Even on that count you’re wrong. You’re assuming that Chinese culture excludes black people. It should—I’m not even sure, by your tone, that you would agree there—but there’s no way that Disney would agree that it does.
The only reason Ariel is black and Mulan is Chinese is because one of them is a white character, and you know it.

Remember when Norse mythology characters were casted as black people because diversity? "It's a movie! It doesn't matter what their skin is!"

If Ariel was originally black in the movie, had an afro and everything or whatever. What do you think the response would've been if they casted a red-haired white girl with blue eyes for the live-action version? Not exactly true to the material is it?

>If Ariel was originally black in the movie, had an afro and everything or whatever. What do you think the response would've been if they casted a red-haired white girl with blue eyes for the live-action version?
Exactly, that’s all that needs to be said. Reverse the situation and is it still no big deal and, even, brave? No? But what do you mean, Ariel can be any race!!1! Yeah that would fly. There would be an upheaval that would incite a recast within the day.

>closer to the 1500 year old legend
The legend was about a woman that takes her sick father's place in the army. Nobody knows Mulan is a woman until she retires and they go visit her to her hometown. The disney trailer already shat on the legend by focusing on the feminist agenda

Recasting a white role as a POC is less offensive than the reverse because whitewashing POC is and has been a problem for decades in Western media. You only have to look at Disney's 90s output for evidence of that.

This specific situation however is simply a larger problem with the acknowledgement in Hollywood that diversity is important, but still being dominated by out-of-touch white people. Recasting white roles as black is just tokenism. They don't really know how to do better than that. Instead, Hollywood should be creating new characters in new properties for POC actors and creators rather than trying to grab headlines and court "woke points" through astro-turfed controversy by casting the previously white lead character in their blockbuster remake as black.

That's what I mean. These shitstains realize it's been a problem for decades, they supposedly know how it feels if it's such an issue, and yet they have no qualms doing it in reverse. The only reason I can think of is they're doing it out of spite, "payback" etc. And actively seek to punish instead of building towards something new.

These morons just continue making the same mistakes.

she's asian-american. That's not the correct race

I can guarantee you that it was a white person who made the decision to cast black. "Payback" has nothing to do with it. It's purely corporate.

I can't even
This movie looks so racist.

Attached: IMG_20190705_142313.jpg (492x643, 44K)

>You only have to look at Disney's 90s output for evidence of that.
When did 90s disney whitewash characters? If anything they were one of the most diverse studios out there at the time. Try to find another animation studio with arab, chink or indian characters in the 90s? Hell, dreamworks and pixar protags are still pretty much exclusively white in the 2010s at the height of the diversity push.

Attached: 3f689612d298b3fa483a00cd7509df9e.jpg (532x960, 195K)

You’re either a fucking retard or a selfdeluding redditor. Anti-white “woke” sentiment is rampant and you’re actually asserting that it plays no factor.
>I can guarantee you that it was a white person who made the decision to cast black
I can guarantee you that you know better and I don’t even need to say what I mean by that. This is what I was referencing with “selfdelusion”, unless this really is your first day on Yea Forums.

>Disney stock has gone up 50% over the past 6 months

Why do /pol/ tards spin everything as a victory?

>”Payback" has nothing to do with it. It's purely corporate.
lmfao this is a game that has been played very long before this casting decision, ignoramus. it most definitely is payback. it’s a culture war.

women are a lost cause my dude

Then did someone who wasn't retarded come in and explain to you that your home discussions were scripted by the mouse months ahead of times and discussed in shareholder meetings and thats not ok? Because you are a moron.

I’m sure you felt super clever while typing this but Disney anticipating controversy doesn’t mean people inevitably discussing the controversy are somehow “morons”. You couldn’t compensate for your insecurities any more obviously than frothing nonsensically at an innocuous post.

Is anyone going to talk about the fucking jilted dialogue? If everyone....talks....like....this for the entire movie its going to be completely unwatchable. Nearly broke out laughing watching the lead struggle to say "I will bring honor to us all".

The Marvel-tier overhead cam action scenes over the hamfisted feminist dialogue was one harrowing blackpill.

>Disney anticipating controversy doesn’t mean people inevitably discussing the controversy are somehow “morons”.

It does when they are being played financially and think it's political and especially so when someone brings it to their attention and they still continue with their retardation.

this the reason is white people are being discriminated against for the actions of other white people in the past, they openly admit it, with being white comes "power and privilege" as they say

Nope, not at all. People discussing current events is basic human behavior. It’s actually mindboggling that you would try to pick a bone over this, but like I said, it’s obvious why you are. Stop being pathetic in my direction, keep it to your teardrenched pillow.

I've been here since 2008. Not everyone who uses Yea Forums drank the /new/ - /pol/ kool-aid.

Disney is not fucking "woke". Disney is not black. Disney is white. They tried to get Ang Lee and other Asian directors to make Mulan, and none of them would bite because they don't want to help white people make money off the back of their culture.

At the end of the day, Disney is just trying to make money out of you.

Taking Aladdin, Pocahontas and Mulan and making them palatable for white audiences to consume is whitewashing. Admittedly not the same as literal whitewashed casting but it's the same principle. They're going to get away with their "woke" remakes of Aladdin and Mulan (plus, yeah, The Little Mermaid) but they will never touch Pocahontas. Something tells me they know that's the one property that will let everyone see right through them.

>Disney is not fucking "woke". Disney is not black. Disney is white.
Curious that with all these words you ignored the critical point and insisted on your earlier misrepresentation. They’re not white and you know it. Again, either retarded or intellectually dishonest.

>go to Youtube to watch trailer
>it looks amazing
>comment section
>where's mushu (african american sounding lizard)
is this a joke? people are saying this isn't connected to the original because they didnt show the songs or mushu

god i hate this fucking world

Attached: Screenshot (5277).png (567x843, 95K)

>Admittedly not the same as literal whitewashed casting but it's the same principle.
Rofl, what the fuck are you even talking about you absolute cuck? The original Aladdin actually took place in a ottoman style culture, while your so-called "woke" version is heavily indian influenced. Get the fuck out of here.

The irony is that for all the wh*toid crying because a chink is actually playing a chink (lol), no chinks are actually going to watch this.

Seriously how does that make you all feel? Your sperging over identity politics is literally meaningless.

Attached: 1272175205930.jpg (305x288, 34K)

Oh, this is a Jewish conspiracy thing. I won't waste any more time here then.

If it had been made by Indians it would have been ten times better than the stilted bullshit Guy Ritchie came up with.

by that logic asians should never appear in media as they by far have histories highest kill count

Asians only ever killed other Asians tho. Wypipo kill white and other people.

That didn't stop them from shoehorning nogs into The Nutcracker

>People discussing current events is basic human behavior

Wow that has to be the biggest bullshit cop out in history. People murdering is basic human behavior too. What is your point? That it's ok to be predictable? Sure. When it's called "reliability." which has nothing to do with what we are discussing. Is it OK to get played by a megaconglomerate while pretending to rebel against them? Nah that's still retardation no matter how you spin it.

She's so pretty bros

Attached: yifei liu.jpg (1593x2048, 1.12M)

Because of their massive chink demographic. Also as an extension to their Little Mermaid drama by "redeeming" themselves with an accurate remake.

Attached: 1537119386648.jpg (1000x4500, 1.32M)

I’m racist against whatever this person is. I’ve just decided officially.

You fuckers have lives so empty that you get mad about nothing. This is literally nothing. Get laid. Get a job. Go for a hike. Go to the gym. Look in a mirror. Fucking hell

To cash on white incels' yellow fever.

Imagine the months of yellow fever waifu threads that are going to flood this board once the movie drops.

Nooo it's white genocide

Attached: mulan.jpg (1280x1707, 382K)

lmao you are so fucking obsessed

Blacks can be greek u racist

soulless trailer i have seen recently

The whole live action remakes are soulless. Won’t stop them.

kek, another movie with nonwhite leads that will be a box office hit in America. The tides are turning. How does it feel, whiteys?

Attached: yifei liu2.jpg (1697x2483, 1.55M)

i've never watched any of these live action remakes do they do the music from the animated movies or not?
youtube.com/watch?v=HiqmZLOaD8o
i want this in

>no musics
>no Mushu
>no Shang
>no soul

why are you here?

It varies how many songs get included, usually they cut some but the most famous songs stay in. With Mulan however they are apparently stripping out most of the songs. "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is definitely not in it. "Reflection" might be. I doubt "A Girl Worth Fighting For" will be though to be honest.

Attached: 1558286150452.png (256x256, 47K)

this dude will play the love interest
he's basically shang except instead of a captain, he's a fellow recruit
youtube.com/watch?v=TVcLIfSC4OE

Attached: 5b0469ba-2320-4ee3-9ccb-28325f2460c8.jpg (1110x1388, 93K)

>every character has a forced stereotyped chinglish accent
Imagine having to watch people faking accents for 2 hours. Why do Americans always do this? The same happens when they dub someone speaking in chink or nip, they have the translator fake an accent lmao

>Dat nose
It's the Tyrone replacement

Imagine how many black kids are gonna drown trying to be little mermaid. It's just dangerous.