Richard B. Riddick; escaped convict, murderer

Richard B. Riddick; escaped convict, murderer.

Attached: Riddick.png (551x538, 552K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bKa1Rq7J1nw
kingkong.fandom.com/wiki/Carl_Denham#1933
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When is the next movie coming out ffs, Twohy, you lazy fuck

I don't understand the Riddick universe. Earth exists and is a major power but apparently doesn't have any colonies and doesn't do anything to stop the Necro fleet wiping out worlds?

Pitch Black and the vidya games were great fuck Chronicles and the other one. Chronicles just wasn't as good as Pitch Black and only an idiot would say otherwise.

Attached: riddick 2013.webm (960x400, 2.97M)

At least Vin have one movie that is not horrible.

Still well made scifi movie. Prison planet is cool.

These movies are pretty decent

>dick riddick
what were they thinking

These whole Riddick movies are just away to launder money for Mexican drug cartels that are associated with Vin Diesel.

I know right it's pretty riddickulous

Pitch Black was a great movie. I don't like how they made Riddick basically a joke in all the other movies.

chronicles is great for campy, ridiculous kino. whole different world than pitch black

I rewatched Riddick yesterday and I never realized how omega riddick is. He was the fucking necromongers boss and threw it all away because muh home, he even got cucked because of that and almost died. He's a complex character but sometimes a dumbass. He could have used necromongers resources to get what he wanted.

All three films are good in their own way.

A joke? I thought they were trying to make him too cool. He was a lot more realistic as a character in Pitch Black

God I really hated this scene, but enjoyed the rest of the movie and others

you're gay
Chronicles is Aliens to Pitch Black Alien
Different type of kino

Holly Molly!
Its kind of a mess where every entry reference or suggest efferent lore.

That's what I mean. They made him way over the top and "cool".

>yfw you're fighting Riddick and the lights go off.

Attached: DF.png (720x414, 286K)

Escape from Butcher Bay is the greatest video game coded by the hands of men

youtu.be/bKa1Rq7J1nw

For me, Chronicles of Riddick and its aesthetics have age really really well. It's certainly somewhat unique looking sci-fi, and the cast was good.

Attached: chronicles of riddick-2.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

>It's certainly somewhat unique looking sci-fi,

If you ignore the existence of WH40K

Exactly this. Honestly love the movies and the setting.
>Pitch Black
Riddick and the setting are the most believable in this one while he's still one of the ultimate badasses put to film. Love how the ages of the crew are questionable due to the presence of near-lightspeed travel. 10/10
>Chronicles of Riddick
Went full bombast, nothing held back, and I absolutely loved it. Riddick is ridiculously OP to match the power levels of the other characters, and it works. Early 00's "badass" writing is in full effect, and it perfectly hits that balancing act between cheesy and cool. (Now look at you - all back of the bus and shit.) 9/10
>Riddick
Rehash of Pitch Black, but not as good. Glad they at least attempted to tie it into Chronicles, but I did like the shift back to a more low key setting. Riddick is pretty Flanderized in this one, but we don't get unabashedly masculine heroes like that anymore, so I can look past the dumb stuff like the Johnny Tapia machete kill. I loved it, but it's not in the same tier as the first two. 7/10
>Dark Fury
I watched it back when it came out, can't remember anything about it, so I won't comment. Never played Escape From Butcher Bay or Assault on Dark Athena either.

>Never played Escape From Butcher Bay or Assault on Dark Athena either.
They were very good games when it came out. Butcher Bay was Doom 3 before Doom3 came out.
You can go full autistic chimp and just beat the living shit out of inmates in the prison. I would replay it soon actually. I only played a little of Dark Athena but it was good.

It had fantastic art direction, nothing really matches it
Great costumes, sets, decorations and all

Chronicles is really good if you just focus on the merc parts

Crematoria is pure unadulterated kino

>Butcher Bay was Doom 3 before Doom3 came out.
lol no doom 3 sucks dicks and EFBB is masterful

>tfw Vin probably blew all his Groot money on coke so Riddick: Furia has been set back 3 years

My man

>Crematoria is pure unadulterated kino

Attached: 1537844396975.webm (1440x508, 1.75M)

you just wait, marvel will release a movie about Dick Ryder

I think he’s just talking about how similar Doom 3 is to EFBB

Obviously one is better than the other

I've never seen a Riddick movie but I keep meaning to.

Should I start with Pitch Black?

the only thing they have in common is hard shadows

>Pitch Black and the vidya games were great
Escape from Butcher Bay blew my teenage mind. No wonder I didn't care about girls back in High School. Every other game back then was pure gold

Fa/tg/uy, here. The 3.5 D&D book Complete Scoundrel has two movie characters as examples of Chaotic Evil done right. Riddick from Pitch Black is one. Looking at Chaotic Evil as Self-Serving Hedonism, I think it's not far off the mark. Just thought that was interesting.

Of course

badass. wish they did more of these over the top scenes now a days

pitch black 8/10
chronicles 6
riddick 5

Chronicles is like warhammer 40k lite breh

whats the other

>295 F (-182 C) on night side and +702 F (372 C) on day side
>52 hour day
How did they build a prison here?

Attached: Crematoria.jpg (1277x422, 429K)

kingkong.fandom.com/wiki/Carl_Denham#1933

convict labour

It was an old mine.

why prison is so shit guarded is another question

It didn't need them, Riddick was only able to escape because he's an overpowered Furian and the others just followed him

you're mom is an old mine

>Richard B. Riddick
because vin diesel's dick be ridic

How could an oxygen be there?

I would have never guessed. thats random

The environment outside the prison was considered to be enough of an escape deterrent. Until Riddick no-one had broke out.

brah I love riddick every movie he escapes some bullshit and then fucks my ass

The entire genre of science fantasy requests that you don't ask that, ever. Which I'm more than ok with.

What does he do that's evil? Bringing Kong back to New York was greedy, stupid and dangerous, but was it actually evil?

riddick doesn't do anything evil either

>stupid and dangerous
Chaotic
>greedy
Self-serving, Evil.

Good = Selfless / Neutral = Apathy (typically, also the most common) / Evil = Selfishness / Lawful = Law-Abiding (to the letter, the spirit of depending on Good, Neutral, Evil) / Chaotic = Hedonism

Attached: it may not be.jpg (479x640, 75K)

How did they start the mine there?

OK, makes sense. It doesn't necessarily mean 'biblical' evil, as much as 'human' evil. Shouldn't Riddick be chaotic neutral, though? He doesn't go out of his way to help the crew, but he also doesn't purposely kill them/get them killed (Little Johns was going to kill him, I'd call that self defence). It seems to me he's just trying to survive for the entire movie. The chick even talks him into going back to save Keith David and Keira.

Extreme temperature resistant aliens

You're fair in your interpretation. As I would also say the same about the people who wrote the book if you take into consideration his backstory. I would just say that saving someone doesn't necessarily mean you're Good. Especially if you would have otherwise left them without a second thought and only went back because the one you have interest in says something about it.

Good point, he tried to talk her into leaving them behind and was about to do just that before she showed up. He risks his neck to save Keira on the surface of Crematoria in Chronicles, as well. Genuinely curious where that factors into the alignment chart - he only did it because he loved her, but he did risk his life to save her.

>Genuinely curious where that factors into the alignment chart
It only cites Pitch Black, so I'm skeptical of that. However, the book came out in 2007, and Chronicles came out in 2004. Riddick does seem to temper a little bit the longer it goes on.

I figured it was focusing on just Pitch Black Riddick. Through that lens, I can definitely see how he is chaotic evil. He is a convicted murderer, afterall.

Attached: 1506641691276.gif (400x376, 3.69M)

rating:
1) Escape From Butcher Bay
2) Dark Fury
3) Pitch Black
4) Riddick
5) Chronicles of Riddick
(not seen: Assault on Dark Athena)

Yeah. The problem with the alignment chart most have is you also put literal demons and all the same in similar categories.

Dont you mean Riddickulous kino?

One good deed does not redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness

Riddick’s probably murdered like 100s of people

I dunno, maybe with fucking machines

Did Riddick ever kill anyone who didn't deserve it?
I feel like he has.

Attached: riddick04.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

Her problem?

>Shouldn't Riddick be chaotic neutral, though?

He's a proper anti-hero.

sweaty abs

Attached: chronicles of riddick-3.webm (960x798, 2.98M)

Vin Diesel carries these movies hard, I hope he continues with the character because I can't see anyone else playing the part.

what was even the point of financing and mantaining so many stupid prisons? who was paying those bounties? why not just execute the prisoners, or turn them into slaves or something, instead of having them sent to a burning planet?

They probably used them as slave labour once they were in the prison.

>who was paying those bounties
I think the bounties were privately funded, just people wanting to get rid of people

>who was paying those bounties?
Corporations, governments and human rights organizations(corporations and governments)?

he kills people

>why not just execute the prisoners
It seemed that in Crematoria you were soon killed by people or dogs anyway

I had these on Xbox. The sequel with the cyborgs was so cool. Really enjoyed the coastal atmosphere. Need to replay that.

Attached: riddick-3.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

was he okay?

It has that early 2000s 'Unreal Tournament' aesthetic that stuff like Gears of War and Bulletstorm have. Sort of cheesy bulky industrial themes with meatheads and violence.

Attached: Unreal-Tournament-III-PC.jpg (1024x768, 87K)

If they could stop churning out fast and furious movies faster than shit through a goose, maybe he could get more roles in

Based

Judi Dench and Karl Urban kino.

Attached: judi dench chronicles of riddick.jpg (1366x2048, 381K)

Are they making another one? I want them to crank out at least one more before Vin is too old and fat.

>This dark army at the feet of a lone outlaw. And as for the fate of the rest of the universe? Even I dare not calculate that.
Misunderstood kino

why pay to ferry a fucking prisoner across the galaxy instead of having them shot or whatever?
it just seems unnecesarily stupid , desu

Yeah, he’d just been feeling a bit boxed in

he got too old between ff5 and ff6

Furia's supposedly been in the works for a few years and Vin/Twohy even put out something on Instagram saying they were hard at work on Furia as well as a TV series
but since then there's been nothing but radio static

>RidDICK!

Attached: RidDICK.jpg (1431x789, 296K)

It especially doesn't make sense when you consider that the third movie mentions that his bounty is doubled if he's brought back dead

But hey, if people killed Riddick we'd never get to see him escape from prisons and shit

>she need dat redic riddick dick