Am I the only one who fucking loved this flick?

Am I the only one who fucking loved this flick?

Attached: 220px-SMB_Movie_Poster.jpg (220x326, 26K)

honestly? I found it rad as fuck, and maybe it's just me doing revisionism but I found it packed with references to the games, like when they slide in the frozen pipe (that one level in Super Mario 64) or the car race (Mario Kart) or the thwomp shoes (goomba shoe)

The movie really isn't bad, I don't really see what people expected.

I quite like it and think the hate for it is a little unjustified, much better than the video game movies we get now.

Pastel colors, actual lizards, and lighthearted action comedy, I'd assume. And moustached Luigi.
It's sad even the actors disliked the movie.

>Packed with references
>Lists 3 examples, all of which are a fucking stretch
You woulda been better off claiming that naming the characters Mario and Luigi were subtle references to the game

>Super Mario 64
nigger this came out in 93

The resulting film is pretty fun but it's not Super Mario in any way. I did mark out for the Snes Scope as a kid though.

This movie is the ultimate pleb filter.

Its family kino

Attached: kino.jpg (1365x706, 56K)

>like when they slide in the frozen pipe (that one level in Super Mario 64)
Movie was made three years before Mario 64.

Meant to reply to

Ah fuck, I'm probably retarded.
I still like to think that those two things are somehow connected, tho.

I always got pretty hyped for it when it played on the late 90s/early 2000s Disney Channel. It was peak comfy at an age when I was really into vidya but always like a five years late because I was poor. Even as a kid I was still confused from how bizarre of an adaptation it was. I love it as much as I love Hackers for being a weird fantasy version of 90s NYC underground

maybe they liked the movie so much it inspired Mario 64? the husband wife duo that directed the movie really were trying to make a good flick but the studio interfered like always GoodBadFlicks made a good video on it a couple years back

Just got my first vpn so I can torrent. Any recommendations? No nigger garbage

Attached: 1560650615281.jpg (1000x1500, 362K)

Super Mario Bros.

>found out Tom Hanks was suppose to play Mario but they didn't think he was a big enough star at the time

If it wasn't named after the video game it probably would have a larger cult following. Also the constant rewrites and awful directors didn't help.

Attached: 1535614790877.jpg (1656x2000, 421K)

i thought it was very original and enjoyable. sorry everyone who worked on it had such a bad time because of the film maker's incompetance and all

Say what you will about the film but the world in it is incredibly interesting.

>GoodBadFlicks made a good video on it a couple years back
QRD?

Attached: 57D86584-21A6-4F54-86D3-DE496EA20514.gif (440x244, 989K)

>needing a vpn to torrent
M8 you know absolutely nothing ever comes of it, right?

nope

Irl, Dennis Hopper gave an interview once where he claimed Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 was the worst film he ever made, so he thinks this was a better film, or it means even he forgot about it.

This is exactly what a Mario movie made in the 80's should be like. Loved it.

Open the door
Get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur

>tfw read the novelisation
Seeing the production design of the movie though, what the hell were they thinking , they could have just made some he-man animation tier cartoon movie and saved some money

>maybe they liked the movie so much it inspired Mario 64?
Yeah, that's my headcanon

I watched it when I was 9. I enjoyed it but the goombas really freaked me out.

The Manchurian Candidate.
Excalibur.

BOOM BOOM SHAKA LAKA LAKA BOOM

Nope