Midsommar Thread

Last one reached bump limit. No, it's not a shill thread you fucking schizo.

Does anyone have a screen capture of the mirror scene towards the beginning? Who was that in the mirror when Dani was tripping in the bathroom?

Attached: best boy.jpg (700x300, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boxd.it/KQfpX
youtube.com/watch?v=I0UWIya-O0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would there need to be a second one? It's another shitty A24 film that if you aren't pleased by it's visuals it's boring trash

Why you negros obsessing over this thing? It’s a very mundane Wicker Man imitation.

That was her sister with the hose in her mouth.

boxd.it/KQfpX

White people bad bad bad

Attached: 1553674796263.png (434x521, 43K)

>movie boring no cape or explosin reeee
kys

did you watch the movie, incel? have sex and stay off /pol/.

This

>white EUROPEAN people bad bad bad. People with PhDs also sorta bad but mostly just self absorbed
As a American who lives in the south, I was glad it was not hillbillies for a change.

>SOMEONE CRITICIZED MY COOL FILM THEY MUST LIKE CAPESHIT
Kill yourself.

Yeah it's her sister.

Attached: Untitled.png (1378x689, 417K)

Anyone else find the dream sequences in this really underwhelming? I loved the scene in Hereditary where Toni Colette woke up at night and found the son covered in ants, only to have him "wake up" and then start arguing with her... only to then suddenly be doused in lighter fluid. I thought that was a really memorable scene and a perfect "dream" scene in that it just felt off and didn't hit you over the head.

I hated the dream in this where she imagined her friends leaving her and then imagined her sister with the hose dead in front of the killing rock. I thought it was just so obvious in a way that felt unlike Hereditary.

there's only so much "WTF DID I JUST WATCH BRO??" imagery you can throw at someone before it gets boring.

What are those people doing in the yellow temple?

ugh eat shit, cunt.
It's more like... cults are weird. There's no personal attack against white people you fucking pathetic snowflake.

Attached: 1483861280654.jpg (400x808, 146K)

The smoke coming out of her mouth was kino.

Probably getting things set up inside for the sacrifice ritual.

>complain about easily triggered libtards
>notice they're making a movie about a weird cult hiding in the middle of nowhere in Sweden
>cry because somehow that's an attack against all white people even though all the main fucking characters are white apart from a token black guy
Jesus Christ you're sad

Attached: I'llCallitINBABY.png (1280x720, 2.64M)

>user dumb dumb dumb

>Who was that in the mirror when Dani was tripping in the bathroom?

i was wondering about this as well. didn't get a good look but seems like everything else in the movie had some purpose. probably her sister/mom/dad if i had to guess

do you have a fucking copy of it?!? whered you get it?

I thought it was again too obvious. Her sister died via inhaling car exhaust... so she dreams about... inhaling car exhaust? It's just too obvious and feels very amateur filmmaker to me.

I loved how the dreams in Hereditary were just like... off. Those were way superior.

i generally don't like dream sequences where within the first five seconds it becomes extremely obvious its a dream

Attached: 1532310024128.jpg (320x305, 18K)

Holy shit seething

good question, I assumed this but it doesn't seem like it would take that long, nor would it take that many people. Also doesn't explain why nobody is allowed to go inside.

Putting straw bales against the walls?
It didn't seem like a very elaborate set up, and if that guy's still around, they sure did it way ahead of time

It was shit

How is this a real question? You literally see the hose coming out of her mouth.

No shekels for shill niggers.

Will Poulter's obvious ADR was unfortunately one of the best things about this movie. Just put him tripping on drugs in one movie a year

>complete and total cultist victory

thank god, a lesser film maker would have had the main girl save her bf and find a gun or something to kill all of the cultists

The two old people who were sacrified were living in there before they came out to eat supper with everyone. I guess it's some sacred place where people go before they die?

It's the A24 shills pushing this piece of dog shit

A few things I realized only after thinking about it after the movie.

1. The Swede who is with the main group tells the main girl that "My parents died in a fire when I was younger" - presumably an earlier version of the ritual.

2. The kids running around are playing "Skin the fool" and that guy who got cut up and skinned later had a jester's cap on his head.

3. On the one hand, it seems like this ritual happens somewhat frequently (e.g. point #1), the solstice and may queen thing happen every year, the guys are teaching the kids how to cut up the bear, as if they would need to know this (and wouldn't just do it once in a lifetime), and there would be a steady supply of elderly folks that need to die. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure they explicitly say a couple times that this ritual only happens every 90 years.

Thought it was a beard, as in a bearded male. I was took busy looking at the hot girl and only caught a glimpse of the background visage because I'm not a humongous faggot like you.

Exactly.
I wonder if it really was more of a useful temple that was burned down and rebuilt every year.

i agree, but this movie eeked out the weird shit at a fair pace, its a two and a half hour movie for fuck's sake

>here's a stupid comment!
>your comment is fucking stupid
>HOLY SHIT YOU'RE SEETHING

Tug donkey nuts

Weren't the walls painted as well, with some stuff hanging from the walls and shit? I could certainly see them just doing it all in an afternoon with a team of people. Also the old people who killed themselves came out of the temple when they ate before the suicide ritual, didn't they? It's possible there were more things in there relating to their religion and they emptied it out for the sacrificial burning.

I think there's intersecting rituals. They definitely kill 72 year olds whenever they have any. If I had to guess, the sacrificing 9 people was only once every 90 years, and he's teaching them about the bear because it's tradition

If liking cock makes me more able to actually watch a fucking movie then I'll swallow seed all night long

I think the every 90 years thing is about the 9 sacrifices.
It seems like there are multiple sets of male & female "twins" aging up year by year, so presumably one pair suicides at 73 or 74 years old every year at midsummer.

>the half black guy hanging in that shed with his lungs torn out but still breathing
Uh ok cool image but why the fuck would they do that? Everything else made a little bit of sense at least.

I thought it was a painting of jesus

I think it was the "fool" who had peed on the holy tree.

>tfw she decided to sentence her boyfriend to death because she caught him having sex with some random chick while drugged with psychedelics and under the influence of a love spell

Accurate depiction of women desu

No the fool was Will Poulter. They skinned him and wore his face to kill the full black guy in the library at night. Later at the end of the movie they sacrifice him with a jester cap on because he was the "fool"

The half black guy was not the fool. They just decided to horribly mutilate him for some strange reason.

The problem was it was just too long for me, by the time all the weird stuff is thrown at you at the final 20 something minutes I'm just way too tired and unphased by any of the "scary" stuff to give a shit sadly.

>I'm pretty sure they explicitly say a couple times that this ritual only happens every 90 years.

Exactly, was wondering about this too. At one point the Swede that brought them all, or some other Swede, mentions that they bring in outsiders to marry every so often to avoid inbreeding. That begs the question, what do they do with the outsiders that end up not wanting to join? Obviously kill them I would guess, and harvest their bodies. That would mean the cult is fairly constantly murdering people though which doesn't seem sustainable.

ALSO, remember they showed a picture of the last May Queen? She's not around anymore in the movie, I'm guessing they killed her - that would mean Dani will be killed after she pops out a new cult member?

It was the paki guy with the gf

Concerning point 3, I'm like 99% positive that the entire Midsommar festival happens yearly, the may queen, the blessing of the crops/land, anyone who turned 72 that year does the suicide ritual, etc. I think we're meant to assume that the part that happens only every 90 years is the whole collecting 9 sacrifices and burning the temple down part. What still doesn't make sense is that with that scale of time, any given person would only see the big sacrificial ritual once in their life, if they even do at all. So why, like you said, would they be teaching young children how to cut up the bear and what not? Wouldn't they be dead(since at most they live to 72) by the time the next one happens anyway?

>sister appears in mirror clear as day
>you see a bearded male
>calling the other user a faggot
Uh... I've got some news for you

It was a viking blood eagle.

This movie was embarrassingly bad and unintentionally hysterical.

>half-black guy
You mean the London guy? Or the photo of the holy book guy?

A24 yet again marketing some drama garbage as horror

They teach them how to cut up the bear so they can pass the knowledge on. They might catch other bears just for practice

the full black guy was the picture of the holy book guy. The half black guy was the london guy with the middle eastern gf

i had the same complaint about hereditary. the beginning was good with the car shit and the seance was good, but literally everything else up til the last 10 minutes was boring filler

Because he disturbed the holy suicide ritual.

I understand what it was... but why did they do it?

This fuck this kike garbage

see

Yeah him not being a horrible pig of a boyfriend and the pain from her parents homicide and sisters homicide along with her being under the influence of psychedelics have nothing to do with it

Tradition

i would also think the populace wouldn't be so unphased by murdering outsiders if they only experienced it once in their life pretty much. but then again, it's a small community, if they had to kill off four of their own every single year they probably would run into problems

I felt that way as well.

>unintentionally hysterical
>unintentionally
>literally being unable to discern what is intentional

The absolute fucking brainlets critiquing this movie on Yea Forums makes me laugh so hard

>market a movie as an unsettling suspenseful horror movie

The whole theatre was laughing hysterically the whole through this movie. What a joke. Give me my fucking money back.

>Calling people brainlets
Yeah this was surely a movie for deep thinkers such as yourself

That's because a lot of this movie was meant to comedic. It's a dark comedy/horror/breakup drama.

Should have called this movie the pleb test. Anyone that says it's good fails.

>unintentionally hysterical

i'm assuming you're talking about the sex scene which was obviously supposed to be funny

It's not murder, it's holy sacrifice.
And they're not unfazed, they cry and wail.

Yeah nice post, but imagine being unable to comprehend that scenes were intentionally humorous to add to the unsettling bizarre of the pagan cult. Now that would be sad.

>doesn't want to be with her
>stays with her to help her get over a horrible tragedy

Yeah he's a horrible pig
He may be a fucking idiot and a somewhat useless asshole, but he's not a fucking pig. He eyes the girl in the pizza shop in the beginning and steals the topic for the thesis... and sure he throws the black guy under the bus when the book goes missing but everything else is pretty hard to discern as far as how much he was really aware of his actions. I don't think he deserved to fucking die

Go somewhere else cunt you come off as such an unfunny retard.

they cry and wail for their own people getting burned alive. they don't react to the old people jumping off the cliff and getting their heads brutally bashed in or to the mutilated corpses of the outsiders put in the wheelbarrows

An alleged viking ritualistic killing method called the "Blood Eagle". Truth be told there is only one illustration to prove it actually happened and it was featured in a book written by a Christian so it might have been biased and an attempt to demonized the Norse.

Yeah the musical orgy was incredibly funny. The last movie I saw that was this bad was Eli Roth's attempt at Cannibal Holocaust.

Shitty Chris Pratt pathetically asking that dude what was going on only to have him clap in his face was such a surreal fucking moment.

i wouldn't say he deserved to die, and i had sympathy for his situation at the beginning, but once he stole the idea for the thesis and then turned on the black guy, it became apparent he was kind of an asshole and not just a good guy in a bad situation.

I thought it was a fun movie and it kept me thinking about it even a couple days after watching. The story wasn't perfect but it made up for it with its engaging cinematography.

I think they are crying and wailimg for everyone burning.
They are unfazed by the suicides because they are the traditional way of dying, and, yes, do happen every year.

dude went full cesar milan on him

Am I the only one who sees this as a complete anti Christian film?
The films represents the use of Christianity as a tool to help the grieving process.
At the inverse camera shot going through Sweden the film begins the bring Christianity back to its pagan roots whilst Danni sheds her need to it.
The sex sceen being a little on the nose of putting the son back in the womb before completely killing it off.

>I don't think he deserved to fucking die

I think that's part of the fun of the movie. No sane person thinks he deserves to die, but Dani is so fucked up from grief and drugs and the whole festival that is happening around her that she's briefly relieved of her pain by sacrificing this dude that has caused her some mental anguish.

She's battling with him in her mind the entire movie. She clearly (unfairly) holds him at fault for her problems because he's objectively a shitty boyfriend. When she finally wields some power over him she kills him, albeit while she's completely fucked up off drugs and adrenaline and all the psychotic cult festivities going on around her. But it temporarily makes her feel relieved of her pain, so she's smiling at the end.

until the cult eventually murders her

Attached: ghost woj.jpg (945x1500, 154K)

That startled me.

i don't think they're a big enough community to have someone turn 72 every single year, but yeah i get your point, fair enough

it was supposed to be funny you utter mong

>Christianity
>Pagan routes

All they need is about 150 people total.

>it was a deep movie
>brainlets wouldn't understand it

Attached: based.jpg (491x550, 38K)

based true intellectual

I’m really starting to realize how many absolute brainlets and children visit Yea Forums now. I see retard posts like this more and more often as each day passes; it’s fucking sad.

laziest current meme

>it was supposed to be funny you utter mong

Attached: 1517931015484.jpg (387x437, 41K)

Stfu moron you’re not doing yourself any favors by continuing to post.

>implying she doesn't join as Pelle's personal breeding sow

That was weird to me because it seemed like an out of character thing to do for the cultists. It seemed to serve no other purpose than to be mean. I thought of the pagan cultists as psychotic and insane in their beliefs, but they weren't mean for the sake of being mean. That clap was just a "fuck you, idiot" to walmart chris pratt, unless I'm missing something

>I’m really starting to realize how many absolute brainlets and children visit Yea Forums now. I see retard posts like this more and more often as each day passes; it’s fucking sad

Attached: 1559573004362.gif (417x317, 39K)

You're only proving his point dude

Attached: cringe comp.jpg (720x510, 68K)

>everyone in this thread

Attached: ebde44b.jpg (642x960, 48K)

Yeah it's his interpretation of it.
Never said he was correct, but it is a common argument that Christian borrowed and tweaked pagan festivals.

Real original and funny bait ya got me!

Where do you think the words Eucharist, Transubstantiation, Altar, Sacrament come from? Have you noticed the rituals performed at mass. Did you know that "For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, for ever" is prechristian and was utilized in an early exorcism rite. Why does the christian calender line up with the Pagan calender. Why is there a Solar Phallic/Sacred Masculine god (Jesus) and Lunar/Yonic Sacred Feminine goddess (Virgin Mary) there is a ton of Pagan borrowed religious syncretism in Christianity.

>Midsommar was a movie for people with big big brains
Is this the new capeshit for edgy kids?

Attached: 1561752044634.jpg (1024x768, 141K)

sure is summer

No it's Midsommar

Its not even an argument, it's a fact that there is heavy religious syncretism in Christianity from pagan religions. Zeitgeist is bullshit though.

Just saw it. Whole theater screaming with laughter during the sex ritual thing. I enjoyed it. Not sure how I'd compare it to Hereditary, might require another viewing.

This movie left me shook.

I had to drive around alone for a few hours and didn’t have any appetite for the rest of the day.

I’m not on close terms with my family and don’t have any friends. I could really feel the heavy emotional trauma permeating through the screen. So much dark and unsettling energy. The emptiness of each cult member’s soul. I went back to my shitty dark apartment alone and had a panic attack.

Actually looking forward to work tomorrow so I can take my mind off this shit.

Attached: D9A9EF45-EEE7-4D05-AF0B-A2E6C21EC5C0.jpg (750x933, 517K)

Midsommar is a metaphor for a messy break up. It hits you like a ton of bricks when it happens (her family dying). Everything seems unreal and disorientating right after that (initial trip to Sweden and the drugs). Then you start to question everything about that person and what you were doing with them (finding out about the ritualistic nature of the cult) then eventually trying to get over that pain (finding out about Christian cheating and being coddled by the women) then moving on with life (the end).

Maybe they were just done with the hospitality at that point. It was him and Dani left. Pratt likely would've been long dead had her not been green lit for mating and that cultist's patience had just wore out.

Even the remake of wicker man with wacky Nic Cage was better than this steaming pile of shit. Only edgelords and cinema plebs are singing it's praises.

This confused me as well. Christian really got the worst end of the stick. He was a cunt and wanted to exploit the paganists for his academic career, but did he deserve all that? Why would he get to fuck the young virgin if they just wanted to put him inside the bear and sacrifice him, and the religious leader was addressing him when he was saying he was pure wicked and needed to be banished to the darkest recesses?

I saw it with my girlfriend, 10:20 pm showing so we got out around 1am. She woke up two times during the night, could hardly sleep, I had to comfort her all night until she could fall asleep. Felt weird all night. You're not alone.

Attached: it matters.jpg (986x553, 96K)

Glad that Yea Forums is so split on this film, this means that it’s great.

Lol try backing this up shitposter.

No they made him a scapegoat and banished all the wicked of the commune on to him because of their deal with "The Dark One" they invoked him into Christian to be ritualistically purified by fire. He is basically a cleansing ritual for the whole village.

Why would I argue with an idiot?

That was the stupidest part, no way he would still be breathing after all that shit.

>inb4 much realism

It just was for shock value.

I can’t sleep even now, I keep thinking back to scenes like where the old woman stares into Dani’s eyes before she jumps.

Inb4 pleb. Not a huge horror fan but I’ve never felt this way after watching any film any.

I want to check out Ingmar Bergman’s work now because I’m sensing that Aster was probably influenced by him.

Is that what being inside the bear means?

Yeah people would survive the blood eagle since their lungs weren't punctured and would die SHORTLY After. There isn't really enough evidence for it's existence besides a single illustration.

>Comparing some summer horror shlock to Bergman
Please don't

The movie was odd to follow, but a lot of parts were pretty and comedic

yes and that is why Christian wanted to also do his thesis on the festival.
it was the directors way of saying how obvious Christianity was with "stealing" these celebrations and re-branding them.

He was tripping, everything was breathing

It could have also just been Christian still having residual visual effects from his trip and seeing the breathing pattern take on an illusion of him still actually breathing

No but it was heavily foreshadowed throughout the movie if you payed attention, but also notice the shape of the cut they made when opening the bear and the folds of sinew/muscle outlining it It's obviously Yonic.

>I want to check out Ingmar Bergman’s work now because I’m sensing that Aster was probably influenced by him.

without a doubt. For a nice balance, check out Bergman's "Smiles of a Summer Night". It's a film involving the midsommar but it's an upbeat, fun romp - sort of like an old-fashioned patrician rom-com. I'm very glad I saw "Smiles of a Summer's Night" before seing Midsommar.

Attached: colossus.jpg (815x900, 137K)

Nah it was more of showing he was a bit of a dick for doing that.

The only thing that can fix Midsommar is cutting 2hrs and 30 minutes of footage.

>"probably influenced by him"
>"Comparing"

>dumbass film major not being able to comprehend simple English words and sentences

yep, checks out

this movie looks like anglophobic propaganda

Because he cucked Imgmar

>anglophobic propaganda
I don't think you know what those two words mean and definitely don't know what it means when you combine them.

actually i do. try again

>No but it was heavily foreshadowed throughout the movie if you payed attention
I missed all of it then. What were the scenes and symbols? I dont know much about Paganism though. Is the cult portrayed taking from Norse paganism specifically? I'd really like to read about it.

the director having an obvious anti-religion or specifically Christian bent shows how easy it is to see that Christian in the film being cold, wooden acting, and a dick as a perfect avatar for his image of Christianity.

What's it mean then?

How is it propaganda that makes people afraid of those who speak English and reside in the Anglosphere? I'm all ears, but I think you are jousting at windmills.

While we're asking about the reasons for specific murders, why did they bury Chidi and write "A" on his foot?

I took 25I at a cabin in the mountains with a bunch of randoms once and the film pretty much felt exactly like that

The pagan stuff is taken from norse tradition VERY LOOSELY. As far as the foreshadowing pay attention to illustrations in the background.

it is transparently 'anglo man bad' on the face of it. that much is evident from the trailer alone. if you can't see that already then it won't make a different to try to explain it to you.

You have a persecution complex. There's exactly three non-white characters in the movie, who are all portrayed negatively. Also it's set in Sweden, so they're not anglo.

It was a funny scene desu, the context, the range of bodies, their actions, etc.

I kinda want to watch Hereditary next.

Aprophenia is a sign of Schitzophrenia, might want to get that checked out.

It's going to be okay Easter Worshipper.

What was the implication of the cow/bull? In this image there's the bull and the bear - I totally forgot that there were 1 or 2 shots of the bull walking around the premises, but then it's gone, never to be seen again. Guess they ate it, any other meaning?

Attached: 1562543198909.jpg (1500x740, 310K)

The bull could have had more scenes in the hour and a half that got cut.

I fucking knew people here would get triggered at the bf being killed. He was a shitty person, deal with it.

yeah, fails at being a pleb

agreed.

London dude and his gf seemed fine. They were at least smart about wanting to bail, they should have tried to get thw others to leave with them though. She probably got bonked alone in the woods.

>anonymously posting bad words on twitter is the same as a multi-billion dollar film industry pumping out hundreds of movies a year that consistently hold a bias that you can't question without being fired from your job, expelled from your school, or put on a watch list by your government
Lad...

Why is nobody asking the REAL FUCKING QUESTION??

Why the FUCK did they namedrop Austin Powers as the movie the kids were watching?

Attached: 1474437208792.gif (531x354, 3.6M)

>movie say horror but i laughed?!
>movie bad!!
some people on this site are so fucking stupid
anyways, can someone post the mural the movie opens on?

They were two busy "prepping the bull" offscreen for more rituals if you catch my drift.

Everything was breathing. They were on drugs. You guys are fucking brainlets, good grief.

>calling others stupid
>can't look 8 posts above his to see the thing he's asking for is already posted

Attached: Avengers-4-Thanos.jpg (875x583, 166K)

literally none of those things are happening to you its all a victim complex in your head because you think real life is like anime where you're the brilliant but oppressed main character but really you're just an idiot

NOOOOOOOO THR JEWS ARE OPPRESSING MEEEEEE

booooooring

From the last thread, thought it was a good post:

>I give it a 7 or 8, probably closer to an 8. Something that's really dumb about other artsy films like this is how contrived the message is that the director tries to convey and fails miserably. The message in this is pretty fucking succinct, universal, and powerful. That one interaction between her and the Swedish guy, after the old couple commits suicide, conveys the idea that the rest of the film (including the sex scene, which people laughed at because they're fucking 12 and didn't realize "why" it showed that) is based on. America has lost its sense of community, down to the fucking familial level. The main character is clearly in dire need of help and support, and the response of the boyfriend's clique is to imply that she's somehow inhibiting his fucking grad studies more than their CONSTANT partying and drug abuse. Even the boyfriend, who's been in a relationship with this girl for 4 years, acts like he's just completely fed up with dealing with her instead of pursuing his other oh-so-productive uses of his time. When she has a complete fucking breakdown because the suicide was not only horrific, but reminded her of her sister's own murder-suicide, the only thing he does when she needs comforting is moralize to her about cultural differences. The only main character that shows her a shred of empathy is the Swedish guy, and he points out the difference between the two of them. He lost his family too, but the commune was there to HELP him, and he asked her if she was feeling helped by Chad Dickweed.
The traditions we're shown revolve around this theme of the commune using its collective wisdom, strength, and experience to HELP its individuals. During the sex scene, the father helps Dickweed by offering him some kind of medicine to prep him, the naked females help Maja by doing this embarrassing and scary thing with her, going as far as singing so she won't feel weird about making noise.

Because how else were they supposed to advertise the "Swedish-made penis enlarger pump" subtly? It registered in your subconscious.

Christian straight up stares at a painting of a burning bear before the teenslovebigcock scene.

>tfw no cultist gf to bake pube pies for you

>Mike Myers is in Austin Powers
>Mark's skinned face kind of looks like Michael Myers
More likely a Texas Chainsaw Massacre reference, but you never know

I saw all that, but where does "The Dark One" come from and how they summon him in Christian to be banished through the sacrifice?

Have you guys read audience reviews on Google? it's fucking hilarious. I find it very hard for anyone to dislike this film unless they simply couldn't stomach it. Ultimate normie filter. Considering posting some of the reviews as regular posts and seeing if people can tell if it's bait.

Yep the infamous mallet scene. Glad I'm not the only one who got it.

the sex scene vocalizing and the group of women screaming along with the protag both show how much the village prioritizes empathy above all else. both scenes the majority of my theater were laughing. though in their defense, Christians wide eyed stare during the sex scene was pretty funny

>Considering posting some of the reviews as regular posts and seeing if people can tell if it's bait.

You don't need to. There are already plenty of pleb dipshit capeshit lovers posting "IT WAS TOO LONG AND FUNNY" over and over again in each Midsommar thread.

The Dark One is just some bullshit demon they made up to explain the Dancing Plague.

He was stoned out of his gourd on enthogens they gave him.

Christian represents all the negativity and bad shit in Dani's life. He's a lying manipulative cunt who ends up making her feel worse about everything. To that end he was the representation of everything the cult claimed to be against.

That said, he had a death that seemed fairly painless, due to him being out of it. The one guy who was given the stuff to numb him died screaming. What do you suppose that means? That the cult's actions were just theater disguising murder? Swede dude even calls it pagentry and theater at the start.

I mean, it was funny. I find it very odd that some negative reviews are saying the movie was trying too hard to be deep, or that any meaning was obscured by artsy bullshit. How the fuck can anyone not see that everything is pretty surface level? Not in a bad way, just that there really isn't much to extract from it. It's a great display of insanity—nothing pretentious about it.

>all those reviews saying the first 30 minutes wre pointless and the film should start with them in Sweden
Why are normalfags so dumb

*entheogens.

It's almost infuriating how dumb those people are. Midsommar and Hereditary's shocking parts wouldn't have been NEARLY as good had they not established a solid drama and backstory first and foremost.

Psychodrama and theatrics are important in occult rituals.

>Austin Powers is referencing Texas Chainsaw Massacre because Mike Myers is an actor in Austin Powers and Mike Myers sounds like Michael Myers and Michael Myers was the killer in a completely different horror movie that came out years after Texas Chainsaw Massacre which featured a killer who wore human faces

Careful not to tear a ligament making that stretch.

if this isnt really a shill thread, post some camrip links

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Am I just pretentious Yea Forums? How? Am I too cynical to enjoy it, and is Anabelle actually good?

Attached: DiscordPTB_2019-07-07_22-43-23.png (237x539, 135K)

The beginning with suicides was actually effective and unsettling. But the rest of the movie was kind of trash to be honest. Characters being dumb and acting very irrational. IRL any sane person would’ve booked it out of that village after the woman jumped from the cliff. Everything that happened was just weird for the sake of being weird and remained unexplained. Meh overall. The Witch is better.

>I made an account just to review this movie. The scenery is nice, visuals are stunning and that is IT. This movie is SLOW, DRAWN OUT and felt like they had to interject some gore or uncomfortable scenes to keep my attention. It was so bad my husband and I almost walked out, and we have watched every type of b rated horror movie. Please, god do not see this. I hate pretentious movies like this that try to pander as a horror move. IT IS NOT NEW, THOUGHTFUL, or even art house. The only way I'd see it again is on mushrooms as it was intended and even then I'd probably run off into the woods myself. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. STOP TALKING TO ANYONE WHO SAID THEY LIKED THIS MOVIE.

lol

I honestly think if you put more effort into reading comprehension you would smell almonds burning and that's why you don't process things.

>movie about a killer doll in an established franchise that got a wide release made more money than a hard R limited release film about a girl who does mushrooms and kills her boyfriend in Sweden

Not worth the REEEE bro

I remember Charlie losing her head so vividly because I was totally afraid not to see her head, and not because of Peter's reaction. I was 100% thinking about how Annie would feel and react, and that couldn't happen unless the movie took the time to establish the family's members and their dynamic before.

Oh yeah it's more anti white pro womyn commie shit, epin!

>its another Annabelle prequel
I feel like this has to be a joke.

Personal favorite:
>I’ve never written a review before but this movie was so bad I felt like I had too. Watching the horrible long nudity scene next to my dad was uncomfortable to say the least. The movie overall made no sense whatsoever and the ending didn’t even attempt to tie things together. Really wish we would’ve watched anything else but hey the trailer looked good. Don’t watch this unless you love crappy, gruesome movies that don’t make any sense and leave you feeling nauseous and confused. -4 out of 10. Waste of time. (The cinematography was good though I give it that)

Attached: laugh.jpg (337x276, 19K)

Apophenia, and victim complex, might be Schitzophrenic, possibly a closeted homosexual.

>
7h ago

Thought this was going to be a good movie from the preview. All it was was a lot of penis and boobs everywhere

Okay which one of you wrote this

>Character swings massive hammer towards old man skull
>Just sort of thuds in, looking like it had absolutely no weight to the blow

Only scary parts were the dream sequence, some of the psycho trips, and the intro suicides. And even then, the wailing of ButtSlut Queen Dani wasn't even half as haunting as Toni Collete's after the death of Charlie. Otherwise this movie was just gross and not unsettling/disturbing. Film doesn't even hold a candle to hereditary.

Attached: 1466048239513.jpg (293x204, 23K)

What an airheaded prude.

I want the RLM review to be Jay just reading all these negative user reviews

You're not alone when you're on here brother.

>scary
spotted the pleb. I don't think it's supposed to be scary at all. though it was pitched as a slasher movie to execs, perhaps to bait retards who would have otherwise watched Spiderman or Toy Story 4 into watching it.

>Nigger asks Pelle or Bjorkson or whatever his name is if he can do his thesis on the town
>Pelle says "lemme go ask"
>Next time they talk, he's tending the garden

>The exact spot where he buries him

Attached: 1557355357653.jpg (1155x868, 203K)

Wasnt that just his leg? His whole body was in the temple.

Onions, and shit taste, might be a humanities major, possibly genderfluid

Scariest part was when the oracle wore the face Mark Wahlberg's downy lookalike. Did you guys like it more than The VVitch and Hereditary? I can't decide which is my favorite

What's The Vvitch?

BLACK PHILEP BLACK PHILEP

The only thing I like more is every other film from A24's outstanding catalog. Tied with a starbucks frappuccino and my morning NPR, of course

i dunno what is happening in this thread at all, but hereditary was really fucking funny. the mom telling her inexplicably ethnic biological child that she wanted him aborted was like something straight out of LIAR LAIR. the little dumb looking creepy girl getting her head blown off by a telephone pole with a satanist sigil i guess wasn't awfully hackneyed? oh wait no, it was. she got her head cut off because she was the demon but also because they put the sigil there! grow the fuck up retards. hereditary was garbage. the sad parent shit was stolen from way better movies, like DON'T LOOK NOW, which the hack director directly credited as inspiration, which was obvious for anyone who even gives even a little bit of a shit about movies, "oh he's doing a don't look now thing" yeah fucking obviously. or the very end when the ethnic son was like AHHHHIWUHGOUIHG and he threw himself out the window, and then the camera casually dollies outside before we see naked elderly naked spidermen satanists? are you fucking kidding me? pure comedy. i was the only person laughing in my theater at first, opening night, but by the end, most people were laughing with me. i can't believe people defend that shit. what a pathetic excuse for a film. midsommar sounds worse from all i've heard, but i guess i'll check it out, definitely not paying for it though

Do you also eat your egirl turds with it in the morning?

Are you 12

it was funny hearing people in the theater making shocked disgusted noises one by one after they noticed christians juice was a redder color than everyone else's lol

Yep instead of 40 acres and a mule, he bought the farm, and it cost him a leg. Cost him life and limb really. I'M HERE ALL NIGHT FOLKS,TRY THE VEAL!

Post body or shut up, faggot. Guarantee you're just as weak and have a blacked subscription like the basedboys you obsess over.

What does it feel like to be mentally handicapped?

Why the fuck did he try to get pictures of the book, what a retard. Serves him right for not telling Dani about the suicide ritual.

give even one iota of criticism back instead of insulting me because you're butthurt at your movie being criticized, dullards

>CHRISTIAN
>Get's killed in a PAGAN ritual
WTTFFFFFF OH MY GOD THE SYMBOLISM HOYL FUCKAMOLY I CANT BELIEBB IT JESUS CHRIST ITS LITERALLY, L I T E R A L L Y GENIUS WRITING HOLY FUCK

Attached: 147398359303.jpg (629x519, 74K)

This was the only thing that felt somewhat out of character. He was portrayed a bit like a rational type with his psychoanalyzing in the beginning, but then goes off and does something stupid like that.

Also was the book actually taken or did the swedes just use it as an excuse?

It wasn't taken. You can see the oracle fingerpainting during the ceremony where Dani is draped in flowers and choosing another candidate.

It was ambiguous on purpose. It's not like your average dumb mainstream movie where they hold your hand and forcefeed you exposition until you want to vomit.

What was the point of the inbred kid?

No, because no one else is as easily triggered as you are, faggot.

They used it as a cover for why the two guys went missing.

I want to know when they planted the leg.

it's because he was feeling pressure from Christian butting in on his thesis

his name is rubin you fucking idiot he makes the village sandwiches

Attached: 1556091645838.jpg (648x484, 53K)

So Yea Forums would have a character to relate with

got em.

Yeah but it seemed like the black guy had wifi on his laptop before, and since the swedes didn't want their book published why the fuck would they even take the chance to allow them to get close to the oracle's chamber and the holy book.

Some ancients believed those with disabilities were "touched by the gods" and destined for great things. Hence being an Oracle.

I thouggt he was just typing

they explained it explicitly. something about how they intentionally inbreed because the retards have a more primal, "uninhibited" spirit or some shit. I really don't know why people think anything in this movie is ambiguous. It's all spelled out quite clearly

My group broke out laughing at the scene where the old woman pushes Christian's ass to help him fuck better.

> It's not like your average dumb mainstream movie where they hold your hand

I AM FUCKING DYING LMAO....I can smell the pizza rolls all over that post.

Attached: 1561509203110.png (540x733, 381K)

As much as I liked the movie, it was also genuinely funny. Not sure why some reviews see that as a negative.

They were fazed by the old man's injuries until he was put out. Seems like a collective pain sharing. Which relates to them crying in tandem with the main character at the end.

That's totally sexist and highly problematic

I'm builtfat and can guarantee my cock is bigger than yours. don't let the tears drop in your latte faggot face

Get over yourself. I liked the movie but that wasn't ambiguous at all. You can clearly see retardboy fingerpainting on it later

The suicide part kinda struck a cord with me, considering the whole Etika thing recently, but yea, I felt like it didn't mesh well with the overall plot.

Also, I agree some of those characters are idiots. Why would Black guy go to the book by himself for example?

Why am I not surprised you're fat? Stay off the estrogenic beans, you effete faggot.

>God designed biblical history and tradition to line up with stupid tribal gibberish for no reason
ok retard

modern reviewers are tonedeaf. most reviews of the killing of a sacred deer still call it psychological horror, because that's what the marketing told them it was, rather than the dark comedy it was clearly intended to be

Attached: dads spaghetti.webm (1200x650, 2.98M)

>The suicide part kinda struck a cord with me, considering the whole Etika thing recently,
Tell me you're joking

Why do Etika's fans act like they didnt encourage his mental illnesses?

npcs view humor in a horror movie as a failing of the movie. as evident by the many posts in this thread by anons who think they're geniuses peering past the veil and thwarting the directors intention for finding parts funny.

Two out of the four character were there to research their thesis. One belonged to the commune. Why would they book it. Not two mention that two of the brits rxpressed disgust at the suicide ritual. But remained on edge. Fuck you talking bout.

lmao you can tell some mutt wrote this shit
you ain't an anglo cletus

Is laughing during the sex scene the ultimate pleb filter?

Yeah I'm pretty sure the director knew people would laugh at that. Just because you can chuckle at a few moments doesn't mean that the film loses the whole atmosphere that it is going for. Also the crass guy had some funny lines. Like they are walking stupid. Also vaping at inappropriate times.
Films are good when they have like a holistic approach. You can incorporate humor, horror and drama they are all part of human experience.

Christian was such a fag for trying to mooch off black guy's work, goddamn that spoke to me. Fucking hate leeches like that.

>You can incorporate humor, horror and drama they are all part of human experience.
not so well when the "horror" aspects are so heavyhanded however, and the marketing only indulges this take

No the monkey was retarded about that, he didnt "mooch" any work, he got inspired to research the same topic. no work was mooched

It's literally stupid Jewish tribal gibberish that borrowed heavily from paganism and then later morphed into stupid tribal Judeo-Christian gibberish that borrowed heavily from paganism. Sorry if that offends you Easter Worshipper but facts always trumps feelings and logic always triumphs dogma. Why would anyone follow a religion whose central figure is a carpenter who can't remove three nails to save his life, that's the real question.

I laughed at a lot of parts and looked around the theater to see people gasping. I see both reactions as valid desu. I knew what attestupa was before the rock scene and I laughed when the old man foot dived

The marketing was cheeky at times , like their Coachella parody posts. I don't believe you're entirely wrong though.

Found the lazy fag with no passion for anything

I dunno about people booking it right away. Inertia is the natural state of a lot of people. You might just get caught up in the craziness of what's happening.

ehhh I don't see why people give marketing much thought. Marketing is deception. Do you really think half the people in that theater would have been there if they knew it wasn't really a supernatural horror?

reminds me of manchester by the sea when the most tragic shit imaginable happens and then the camera just shows two paramedics fucking up and dropping the gurney with michelle williams in it over and over. it feels more authentic to have humor and horror existing together.

alright explain how its theft you moron
some parts i laughed at too, but imo the only way the sex scene is funny is if you have been ignoring the entire dynamic of the commune and how they experience monumental events

I'm willing to bet money that there will be a death in the family in the first 10 minutes of Ari's next movie.

Christian was such a shit. He probably didn't deserve getting killed, but his ritualistic death was in line with the rest of the movie.

Christian didn't have any better ideas to write about so, so he totally took his friend's idea. Not out of spite of the nignog, but out of laziness.

Of course your preying mantis ass wouldn't know the difference baka. Make sure to get the naughty words out of your system on here so you don't accidentally say faggot on one of your lefty meme facebook groups :O

Who deserves to die retard? Take a film class, or better yet finish high school and have sex

What about 30 seconds of the lead actress wailing?

Also Christian was manipulative the whole way through the movie. The way he talked to the nig was the same way he talked to Dani after the party.

Dani's tiny perky tiddies looked delicious tbqh

As was quite clearly explained in the fucking movie the monkey is researching Midsommar rituals, broadly. Christian wanted to research this specific commune, and when it comes to research the specific commune, Christian wanted to do it first.

You're very naive.

You can be fat all you want and call it what you want, but don't be a fat faggot around these threads. I'm sure /pol/ will appreciate your original take on how midsommar is somehow "whitey bad". Take it there

Did all the other people deserve to die? No, and it was the doing of the cult. At the end of the movie Dani become part of the cult so therefore it's not really her killing him
Idiot

>The suicide part kinda struck a cord with me, considering the whole Etika thing
lol fucking what?

okay retard, you clearly didnt watch the movie

her fucking thighs in some scenes oh my GOD. that one shot of her eyes got me good

I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but yea, most of them did indeed egg him on desu.

Nig had an actual passion and interest in the subject. Christian was nothing but two faced, and you're a dunce for believing in his argument.

They literally wanted to research different things. You are a retard there is nothing to "believe"

Okay retard, you're clearly triggered that Christian was a lazy mooch. You must identify with him.

>My face while staring at her ass as she runs to the outhouse

Attached: 1427601322967.jpg (604x483, 38K)

"normal" viewers with no expectations think is 100% the movie they are about to see, and they will ride that interpretation to the grave
youtube.com/watch?v=I0UWIya-O0s
this is 1000% a horror trailer, not genre bending thriller, not dark comedy, 1000% horror. critics are calling it a horror movie. it's sad i know but most people are told what to think, and even if the film says otherwise, people will not buy it unless they are told to

Her crying at the beginning of the movie and the family suicides was genuinely unnerving and felt real. Everything in Sweden was just silly and too “movie-like”. I wish the entire film was more like first 20-30 minutes

see you clearly didnt watch the movie

It's some feminist revenge fantasy. Lol. Total fucking trash.
Add it to the onions horror chart.

>LOL YOU DIDNT WATCH IT
And you're a dumbass. I bet you thought the book was really stolen.

The black dude would have had a better dissertation since it has more substance and research behind it. I doubt anybody survived to contribute academic studies of Hårga and it wouldnt hold up to the panel's scrutiny.

ABSOLUTELY BASED

Are you denying that ultimately they both had different research topics?
>no ones ever had a specific thesis

>there are users on this board right now who think that list is real and not just a meme

If it was it would be hereditary. This is a different movie get over it.

Those white bars are kino. Wish they stayed.

I'm with you. It sucks, and I really don't think the movie would have made half the money it did if it didn't do that. Fucking Anabelle 3 is pulling massive numbers. What's worse is that I don't think midsommar is even pretentious enough to veil the movie's true colors in catering to the lowest common denominator. It's all very unambiguous and surface level. Just wish reviewers weren't so retarded enough to judge this movie as a horror when it very clearly isn't.

>basedgument

>Her crying at the beginning of the movie and the family suicides was genuinely unnerving and felt real.

Attached: 1561286977958.jpg (708x800, 95K)

Didn't think the fedora wearing edgelord still existed but it's clear Midsommar has brought it back.

I guess it's safe to call Midsommar the teen horror movie of the summer.

Attached: fd0f090.jpg (580x627, 49K)

>he believed the guy who was lying constantly throughout the film
LMAO, you are dumb

Okay so you are. you didnt watch the movie. Christian wanted to specifically research the one commune, the nig wanted to research midsommar rituals. You are wrong.

the opening sequence and title drop was kino

It insists upon itself

Say nice things to best gurl, peeps

Attached: MV5BNzg0YTE1OWMtZDk3Mi00YTA2LTllOTAtY2ViYTgwYzE4MGQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzM1MjkzMzQ@._V1_.jpg (445x667, 56K)

do you think the pubes being red makes it spicy? nice boobs

>U DIDNT WATCH IT
Nah, you didnt, because Christian was lying throughout the whole film.

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor for the last 10 minutes it was so painful.

Was there a "snowy" effect in the movie? Like whatever fake celluloid filter that added in post was sped up and it looked like it was snowing. Most notable during the cliff suicides. Might have just been my projector.

Attached: 1413490562494.jpg (520x693, 43K)

Nothing like firecrotch,that scene where she spread her legs got me hard and my dick went down my right pants leg and I had to shift in my seat. I imagined that beautiful hairy rouge bush.

I didn't notice it

RLM REVIEW WHEN

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO THINK

>two of our friends just went missing, as well as that couple from yesterday
>”yea it’s cool, let’s just get on with the festivities”
>this red head chick has been casting a spell to get you to impregnate her
>”yea I guess I’ll do it, why not?”
Just so dumb

Yeah definitely. They had to add it because that wouldn't happen with digital.

>thought Hereditary was a masterpiece and one of the best horror films ever made
>thought this was stupid, paced poorly, not scary, and the characters acted like retards
It's not just me, right?

Attached: 1494906546790.png (579x458, 254K)

So youre asserting that christian was going to follow him across Europe stealing every culture from the nig? What an absurd accusation and the stupidest thing to hide because, no one could stop him.

Didn't they like hereditary? Hard to see how they wouldn't enjoy it. Jay fucking loves body horror and unsettling things, doesn't he?

>Films are good when they have like a holistic approach. You can incorporate humor, horror and drama they are all part of human experience.

Attached: 1524300443583.png (740x724, 37K)

No, you're just a dumbass dude. Christian was a mooch and you're a retard. Case closed.

My thoughts exactly. Midsommar had a great setting and premise, but watching it was a chore.

I don't think anyone but the black guy going after the book was stupid really. why do you feel the need to judge it on it's scariness when the movie itself was clearly not meant to be? Is it hard to separate how it was marketed and the actual material? Not flaming just curious.

But they had different research topics what did he mooch? You still havent explained

Have sex.

I read the plot and thought it sounded retarded. I watched it and it was even more fucking stupid than imagined. I loath to think anyone considers this pile of garbage worthy of discussion.

>conveniently ignores the nig had no respect for the commune which led to his death

>this red head chick has been casting a spell to get you to impregnate her
>”yea I guess I’ll do it, why not?”
Who can resist the firecrotch? They'd have to pry me off of her.

I just can't get over Hereditary, what a piece of shit. Excited for the Midsommar camrip though

Btw the V V ITCH was good and i'm excited for that dude's gay lighthouse movie, this """"auteur"""" needs to fuck off to music videos or something though

Not him, but even if you don't judge it as a horror movie, I still wasn't effected or engaged with much that had happened. I cared the most before they left for Sweden.

I think the spell thing was clearly meant to be seen as bullshit. You can tell Christian thought it was ridiculous when he met with that woman and was like "I think I ate her pubes." And he CLEARLY showed no interest in her after the rune spell. He literally only did it after he took that drug, and its effects were laid out very clearly. There's nothing actually supernatural going on whatsoever.

God, I wish she'd knock on my door and ask me for a posh dinner.

Attached: MV5BZGI5ODRlOGYtNTk4Mi00YTk2LWEzNTAtZmYwZWJiOTJkMjlkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzM1MjkzMzQ@._V1_.jpg (634x950, 86K)

None of those retards did

>"bring your dick"
>"i want to give her a bath"

I wish Ari wrote more intentionally trashy dialogue.

>Is it hard to separate how it was marketed and the actual material?
Unironically, to most people, yes. Welcome to the NPC meme.

Two of them literally assimilated, with the help of drugs. And none of them disrespected it intentionally but the nigger

You're really gonna call this dude ARI like he's some household auteur? Jesus Christ, get some standards

>I still wasn't effected or engaged with much that had happened.
can you elaborate on that? do you mean her trauma and their relationship? her trauma played a huge role in why she went with the flow so much. It's like the swede told her, communal feelings resonate with people who have experienced trauma. she was clearly pretty fucked up by what happened, and was established somewhat controlling and emotionally unstable to begin with (hence the conversation with his friends at the bar). she never found it easy to really toss him aside until the very end, and even then she was hysterical.

disregard my post. I misread your comment as "IT still wasn't effected or engaged with much that had happened"

You should look up what assimilation means, because only Dani did.

I knew exactly what was going to happen from just looking at the poster and when I saw the trailer it confirmed it. A knowledge of the occult and love of horror movies served me well.

>I don't think anyone but the black guy going after the book was stupid really.
There are multiple times where the characters should have acknowledged the situation they were in, but just continue on like nothing is happening.
>main girl watches the arab girl talk about how her boyfriend wouldn't just leave without her
>everyone hears her scream later on
>ginger kid walks off with the girl and never comes back
>black kid goes missing
All they ever do with these instances is "lol that was pretty weird, wonder what happened" and then continue along with the plot. Maybe you could argue "but they were drugged", but it's never made clear enough how much the drugs are affecting them.
> why do you feel the need to judge it on it's scariness when the movie itself was clearly not meant to be?
I'll be honest, I have no idea what the fuck this film was trying to be. It doesn't feel like it goes in any direction far enough.

Dani tried to tell her bf but he clearly didnt give a shit

>household auteur
Far from it. He's still the new kid on the block imo. But this thread is about the dude's movie, and you knew who I was talking about, so what does it matter?

What a stupid thing to get mad about.

yeah, caring about pseuds lavishing some noname nobody with little talent being pushed in the mainstream as some grand new talent does indeed push my buttons. try defending his authorial style, then maybe i'll listen to you

Stop being such a fucking loser, kiddo

What have you done with your life? Have you made millions of dollars making two independent produced horror films? Wow me user.

try harder. no seriously, write us a deep ass review of heriditary right now, or even midsommar, your choice. what was that auteur REALLY trying to say mr. patrish?

I don't think it was the drugs that influenced any decision other than Christian's decision to fuck the redhead. See The cult intentionally deceives them throughout. The ginger kid hears the arab scream and even comments something like "Oh yea I saw her running off to chase him." He assumes the boyfriend just left without her. Mind you, the ginger kid wasn't at the ritual suicide, so presumably he's not as freaked out. Dani is shown as vulnerable, and a community treating her like one of their own is more than enough to sway her thoughts. Ever noticed how some people become zealots after experiencing trauma or fucking up in life? Christian is portrayed as self absorbed and simply chooses to disassociate from black guy in the name of continuing his research (besides, they were scuffling). Again, the only thing that felt unnatural was the black guy taking pictures of the book. Before then he's portrayed as rational but then does something incredibly stupid

maybe i have ahahaha does it matter? you seriously think opinions are weighted on social/monetary value?

Wow he's actually assblaated that someone called the director Ari

I don't think anyone is claiming either movie is a fucking iceberg full of submerged, deeper substance. Go ahead, try and find something "deep" about either movie. I just view them as windows into people going insane over traumatic events, and it's very enjoyable viewing it that way. Maybe I'm just too pea brained to find this deeper meaning?

What was with the Polaroid pics or whatever tied to the paki chicks corpse?

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt.

yes, you missed much of the subtext, as well as inspirations from much better films which the director himself said he was directly inspired me. you're having fun with a sophomoric pastiche, and i suppose i am glad for your naivety. maybe do us all a favor and read more books and watch more films

this
it’s my very first time checking out /tv and this thread is hilariously full of sperg

>Midsommar is my favorite new indie film

Attached: 2jy24u.jpg (636x773, 32K)

Yea Forums sucks ass, if it wasnt for Godzilla I wouldnt have been here at all this summer prior to now. We got some nice discussions but expect that to vanish once a camrip shows up, just like every A24 movie.

this is a very flowery way of saying "nepotism" but hey, sure, my naive friend. peace and love to you. you this ari got here off merit? psssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

alright Scaruffi, enlighten us. give us your respected opinion on how simply being inspired by other works translates to trying to be artsy. maybe we agree that midsommar and hereditary aren't post modern arthouse bullshit. I'll disagree that it's MEANT to be that, though.

Do you smell almonds burning? You can't even string a coherent paragraph together, let alone reply to what I posted with comprehension of context.

midsommar is anti white propaganda

Attached: 1562569829719.jpg (636x773, 44K)

>give us your respected opinion on how simply being inspired by other works translates to trying to be artsy.
My take is not necessarily "respected", and I don't necessarily think he was "artsy" but that's not a straight connotation to whatever shit you are strawmanning.

By copying dank films such as Roeg's DON'T LOOK NOW this dude was not necessarily trying to be artsy; he was simply hanging on these coattails for his 15 seconds of fame through a modern "art film" lens. He wanted to be the cool dude who writes and directs, and A24 fulfilled that fantasy. He offered nothing new, besides the new potential for marketing.
Look at Hereditary. By the end of the film, where the main sacrifice lad jumps out the window, and then the camera has a slow methodical artistic shot tracking out the window before we see the grand reveal of nudist spidermen satanists, then yes, I am going to find this funny. The whole film was a farce. The most original shit in how long, these "credited reviewers" call it! Finally, an original horror, besides It Follows and the Babadook! No. This is simply money behind marketing. Reviews deny it, and the director obeys public perception. This "auteur" will never own his own pathetic films as whatever he intended them to be.

Just came back from kinoplex.
Friend argued this was scarier than the VVitch. Thought I would be mortified by the Swedish cult.

It actually felt wholesome and full of community. They didn't do anything wrong. Seems like a great place to live. They had a freaking bear.