Why didn't Tony keep him under check?

Why didn't Tony keep him under check?

Attached: j-jonah-jameson.jpg (618x412, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iutGJV8t1_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because he predicted that after he died, Peter would need a villain.

>Mysterio
>Doesn't have the cool globe-shaped helmet
I haven't even watched the movie but i know it's shit.

Believe it or not that's the one thing about this movie they actually got right.

Attached: giphy (5).gif (480x201, 725K)

Can someone post the post credit scene please?

>i haven’t watched the movie and I know it’s shit
Wow who would have thought that most of Yea Forums‘s opinions are fucking baseless?
Based Gyll
Illusion scene went crazy especially when it showed Tony’s rotting corpse

Why didn't War Machine stop him?
Or Pepper?
Or General Ross?
Or Hulk?
Or Scarlet Witch?
Why is he a spider-man villain?

Was the Mysterio potrayal good?

Very.

Best movie Spidey villain after Doc Ock and Goblin

Not really. They make every character he interacts with dumb in order to make this illusions work. There's really good moments in it, but largely the character gets a free pass cause other characters are in literal retard mode.

Too low-key for any of them currently. Peter is still in high-school and working his way to breaking into the big leagues.
FFS my dude the movie even makes meta jokes about always needing a bigger "Avengers" threat.

kind of exceptMysterio is a group not just Quentin Beck

Yes.
I thought the people and technology tie-ins from previous movies was actually pretty well thought out.

that's sort of an in movie joke of the MCU, when other characters ask why they don't they just call the avengers to help them with their villains.

Isn't this one just CGI in universe too while the real globe helmet is some weird augmented reality interface though?

Well while we're checking how about checking these digits?

Attached: 1547776145076.gif (404x416, 168K)

Illusion sequence was the best part in an otherwise shit movie
Reminded me of the cosmic trip from Dr. Strange

tony was retired for 5 years, he probably didn't care what people did during the blip

>hahah we lampshaded about how we didn't even remotely bother to think about the implications of our worldbuilding, isn't that a HILARIOUS meta injoke?
marvlet cope is some crazy shit

Spider-man is the only one who knew he was a villain, and he didn't have the ability or opportunity to contact any of the others.

wouldn't they call war machine or all those others to deal with giant elemental monsters attacking major european cities regardless?

Did you think these movies where going for realism?

>twenty something movies in and marvlets still haven't figured out the difference between realism and internal consistency

Who cares about anything except the fact that surprisingly, Zendaya was very very cute

Also I'm a racist so

He wears a dome for most of the movie.

>internal consistency
That's a severe restriction to put on any fantastical media, you can't make movies like this with any of that.

Christians managed with internal consistency for 6000 years, and they're bigger than Disney

Everyone else is either dead or dealing with thanos PTSD. You really gonna call hulk over Tony's ex secretary (male)?

>call hulk

Attached: C0786058-BFAB-414E-8E02-8AF07F0056F8.jpg (300x168, 4K)

Pretty good. The only flaw is that he randomly goes all "HEY I'M GONNA THREATEN ALL MY EMPLOYEES" at one point for no real reason other than he needed more villain points.

>the call that saved Chainlink

Why does Peter have to give permission to Mysterio to use the glasses but he doesn't have to give permission back later? I thought they were gonna do something clever like use illusions against him to trick him into giving the glasses back but I guess that would be too smart for a marvel movie

hulk ultimate destruction is looking good

I mean considering what's just happened in the MCU they aren't gonna be that suspicious of what he was trying to make them believe, they were used to crazy shit

>Peter rejects the mission or gets killed by the train.
>The Avengers eventually met Beck and tell him to drop the bullshit or the real Nick Fury comes and makes a fugitive for killing Talos.
What's the point?

$1000 eoy

Mysterio has access to Tony’s global defense system. Any and every electronic communication device was being monitored

>Illusion sequence was the best part in an otherwise shit movie
I wasn't really impressed by it or the use of illusions in general. I felt like they could have done a lot more than just "weird series of set pieces and fake reality that Peter is fooled by the entire time despite the fact he shouldn't be and then later isn't."

Just because he gave Mysterio permissions doesn’t mean he deleted his own

I just thought it was neat

Attached: 1518365738035.png (56x56, 5K)

I didnt believe the whole 'Disney shill' shit until encountering multiple posts about how Jake and Holland had 'great chemistry.'

My ass. Gyllenwhatever is a great actor, and this was the most phoned in shit I've ever seen him do, especially with Holland. Movie itself was okay. I'm sick and tired of my friends blowing up my fucking phone about how amazing the newest MCU is; then seeing it myself and being once again underwhelmed by how consistently fucking bland these movies are.

I really liked that Jake and Holland had great chemistry!

His spider-sense wasn’t working because he wasn’t confident/didn’t want the responsibility. Literally every single spider-man story and adaptation includes this arc

super obvious plothole

>Mysterio does some trippy illusions and fucks with Peters sense of reality
>well thats neat I wond-
>next scene Peter breaks the illusion easily and the next 3 hours is watching drones shoot at people

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

>go see captain america the winter soldier, it's really good and different from the other MCU films!
>go see ant man, it's really good and different from the other MCU films!
>go see thor ragnarok, it's really good and different from the other MCU films!

I learned my lesson. Not happening again.

I dont usually like these Marvel movies but Jake and Holland had some really good on screen chemistry. Also i’m racist but Zendaya was a qt!!

Every time Mary Jane was lol quirky (see: every single time she has a line) I was in pain

>2 hours 9 minutes

Hey in future MCU films can they just cut all the unfunny running gags and pointless sub-plots so the movie isn't bloated and annoying?

Gyllenhaal kinda phoned it in, but that still makes it one of the better performances in all MCU

I want to see Ned become a villain

The part with zombie Tony was genuinely solid and I wish I'd have been more of that instead of just looking like a James Bond tittle sequence. I liked the sequence in Dr. Strange but this didn't evoke anywhere near the same reaction for me. The movie could have leaned way harder on the psychological games Mysterio was more than able to play and I think it would have been a genuinely fun departure from the standard Marvel formula if they had.

I'd rather they'd have built the rationale for why he can't know what is and isn't an illusion on a reason that isn't just a plot contrivance.

how much screen time for bestgirl

Attached: 0007.jpg (2048x1365, 461K)

*rifles through Disney™ branded notepaper*
have sex

The Peter tingle/spider sense thing felt really contrived
They should have focused more on that, how he couldn't focus before and then finally manages to control his powers at the end

pretty good amount

You'd have 20 minutes of movie if they did that.

About as much as all the side characters. She's pretty much in all non spiderman action sequences
In order of most to least
>Peter (obv)
>Mysterio
>MJ, Fury and Agent HIMYM
>Ned, best girl, Flash, and future villain Asian kid
>Everyone else

same amount as steve. she probably has more screentime than nancy/eleven/jonathan despite being a newcomer

I bet EDITH is still controlled by the Mysterio, they put back doors in before they returned it to Peter

This movie felt heavily edited. I guess any movie following the 3 hour, nothing left on the cutting room floor, Endgame, but even then there were places where it seemed exceptionally obvious scenes were awkwardly cut short.

>3 hours = 10 minutes, half of which is focused on Peter's friends, who he isn't with.

Disney shill talking points

thanks so much for the detailed analysis

:)

Attached: 0017.jpg (2485x3500, 1.6M)

Idk why people who sound like they've seen it aren't giving the actually pretty decent understated movie reason to the lack of avengers but the after credits shows nick fury and Maria hill are actually those kree from captain marvel and nick fury is up to space shenanigans with the kree and the Avengers because the dude impersonating nick mentions how people keep asking where the Avengers are and he doesn't know what to tell them anymore

No excuse why the other 40 heroes from the last fight of endgame didn't bother helping though which was one of the things I didn't like but I still felt it was a solid 7/10 movie and really good if you're a big spider man fan like me

You'd think the rejects from the future cgi hercules movie attacking major landmarks in europe would warrant SOME level of response from literally anybody but spidey, it's not like green gobbo or doctor croctopus tearing up some shitty rent housing in queens for the seventh time this year, this is some pretty severe and unprecedented shit

If they made a spiderman movie a 40v1 It'd be super boring. It's spiderman's movie and other heroes should be cameos at most. I'm glad they didn't make spiderman into endgame 2.0 (Super smash bros : everyone is here edition)
I mean, to be fair, spidey was already in the area for vaca. Then scrawl fury pretty much had to rely on him cause he doesn't actually know who else to call.

Who would Christian Bale even be if he was in the MCU

Hardmode: cast him as a villain and as a hero

Hero
>gambit
Villain
>I’m not sure, he’s charismatic enough to be Doom, but not over the top enough
I would imagine a more calm villain, but I have no idea who

>Villain
Kraven
>Hero
Wolverine

Oh no I agree I was just making a point that the logics not really there for these globe spanning disasters to only be handled by mysterio and then eventually peter and that I'm sure in reality at least one of those 40+ other heroes could've helped a bit, but of course that would be boring and if you ask me it should be spidey against 40+ villains anyway an MCU sinister six can't come soon enough hopefully with a mysterio AI or something pulling the strings

The fact that you didn’t like Winter Soldier makes you a cock gobbling faggot.

>villain
Kraven the hunter?
>hero
Mr. Fantastic?

I can see not liking ant-man, but thor rag and winter soldier? That's a sin that deserves hellfire.

But then what would be left?

Attached: Doctor_Doom.jpg (600x917, 310K)

I'm convinced Mysterio faked his death. Sinister Six gonna bring him back to join with vulture and what other villains Peter develops over the next few movies. Hopefully, doc oc is one of them. I'm stoked already.

Nick Fury passed things off to Talos at one point and Talos is apparently a gullible dumbass. Up until Mysterio's evil-ness was figured out, Mysterio seemed to have the supposed Elementals under control, and from his bullshit story was the one best equipped to handle them. The implication was that if the real Nick Fury hadn't been shacked up with Captain Marvel, things probably would've played out differently.

Is there any way he could fit into the MCU?

Attached: maker.png (600x645, 356K)

Fury not knowing that Mysterio worked for Tony made no sense at all until the very end of the credits. I was kinda pissed that they overlooked that until they fixed it.

Dont worry He uses it like 90% of the times

His performance wouldn't match the level of acting the current mcu plan is at. Anything post Robert downey Jr is pointless. Bale is too good for the MCU.

I feel like they jumped through a lot of hoops with this movie. Nick Fury being involved at all is just an obvious way for them to say "hey we have space stories now but they still matter to the earth stories so see ALL the movies okay?"
The connections used to feel organic but now it feels really forced. They de-age him for Captain Marvel, they do the thing in this movie, and he'll probably be in Captain Marvel 2. The guy's 71 years old, they can't pretend he's 45 forever.

I felt it was just a quick tease for the next movie.
>The guy's 71 years old, they can't pretend he's 45 forever.
They'll just write him out like RDJ if he gets too old or doesn't want to act anymore. But he looks damn healthy for 71. He's Nick Fury though, all he does is talk and maybe shoot a pistol. He's been in like 1-3 action scene out of all the movies, it's not like he's doing backflips like spiderman.

You guys remember the Homecoming end credits scene? Scorpion asks Toomes if he knows who Spider-Man is. Well now everyone knows. That's definitely coming into play in the next movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=iutGJV8t1_I

Top 5 McU villains. He was excellent. Especially once the reveal comes that he’s a villain. Then he’s chewing up the scenery.

Probably by phase 9

>Fantastic Four introduced in phase 4, Mole-man villain, set up Doom
>Phase 5: Rise of Doom
>Phase 6: Galactus Saga
>Phase 7: Introduce Annihilius
>Phase 8: Annihilation/ Molecule Man
>Phase 9: Incursions related to the Annihilation wave and the Fault, The Maker is main villain

No fucking way they'd do Annihilation when they keep putting Richard Rider on the back burner and GotG is slowly losing its touch

way to show everyone your iq level

they should make doom a main villain desu