Why it become so soulless?

Why it become so soulless?

Attached: Stranger_Things_logo_(brightened,_version_two).png (1507x623, 668K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N1avWKq0b64
youtube.com/watch?v=HpXdDI3kHN8
youtu.be/P2jWOwOHEzU?t=282
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_Project
zen134237.zen.co.uk/Stranger_Things/Stranger_Things_-_Bible.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=nP21yQUpmSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe it didn't, user. Maybe you did.

Attached: ctf.jpg (652x488, 141K)

>

Everything gets flanderized, eventually. At light speed, if the property has mass appeal and crosses the popularity threshold.

I loved the first season
Second season was OK.
Third season is a disaster. I barely got through ep1 and then quit completely 15 mins into the second episode.

It's like the Matrix trilogy...

It became too popular, now it feels the need to cater to ‘progressive’ demands

>I DIDN'T LIKE AN EPISODE SO THE WHOLE SEASON IS SHIT

>netflix
>soul
You know quite well that's impossible.

>I WILL SIT THROUGH THE ENTIRE SEASON OF SHIT SO I CAN VERIFY THAT IT IS, IN FACT, 100% SHIT

I don't know about you, but I actually value my time.

Season 2

>I actually value my time
>is posting on 4chins
user I...

Cash grabs based on nostalgia never had any soul to begin with

Still doesn't give you an weight in a discussion of the season if you haven't watched it. You can call the first episode or 2 shit, but if you didn't watch the full season, you can't call it shit. You're like a retard who plays Dark Souls for a couple hours and doesn't understand the mechanics or how to play the game.

Some people smoke
Some people drink
I shitpost

It's all ok in moderation.

>Vidya analogy

you're the retard, you zoomer child

It was soulless to begin with. S1 was the worst with it being the most unoriginal thing I've ever seen becoming popular.

Je.....oh right Yea Forums.
So basically you gotta make money right?
Well hey theres a thing that makes money AND you can make it from unknowns who are also CHILDREN and hungry for STARDOM, shit that's a recipe let me MIX that up with some ETHNIC writers and a REUSED PLOT as old as time itself and violla.

Slaves, oh? they realised?
That's too bad it's too late.
Do the work and take the cock.
AH FUCK THEY GREW UP, well whatever lets make some fucking money I guess.

And that's how the show was made, any questions?

Attached: 0-13048458.jpg (500x370, 46K)

Dubs of fucking truth. People joked about the stupid shit in season 2 with Will crying and being useless all the time, Karen constantly being “crazy” and no one listening to her until halfway through the show, Mike being useless, Lucas being a whiny doubting Tyrone, Nancy and the Creeper talking about the pull-out, and Dustin and Steve being the only ones actually advancing the plot. Adding the shitty middle school romances and milf moments only made it worse.

OR!?
Their muse left them, that would be something.
Wonder what the muse was.

The writers have no idea what to. People hated the way they tried to advance the plot in season 2 so in season 3 they just sat there spinning their wheels.

DUDE REMEMBER THE 80s

is this a reference, or...?

Supposedly the duffers borrowed a lot of ideas for the first season, might have something to do with it.

The thing I'm wondering is: will both of them go trans or not?

Attached: related.jpg (1024x615, 127K)

I guarantee I'm older than you, and I guarantee I've been on this website for much longer than you.Now, retort with BOOMER!

Don't mid me i'm just going to be a whiny bitch constantly.

Attached: st21.jpg (2700x1800, 961K)

The show was enjoyable up until the cop infiltrated the science lab and they didnt kill him, my interest in the story and events dropped like a rock after that happened, and I didnt even bother with the other seasons.

I seriously doubt the veracity of either one of your claims.
Not that I'm proud of that.

>Reffrence
Muse is a fucking word, fuck it's not just a band retard.
I fucking hate zoomers.

I remember hearing those two guys who made the show ripped off another guy who proposed the whole thing to them in the first place. Guess they really didn't have any ideas.

Attached: its fucked.png (500x490, 91K)

>longer
>Boomer
You are a fucking faggot and I hope your nigger ass hangs for your blantant disregard for our culture you shit.

The word was derived from the band though, like sadism and de Sade.

I enjoyed it.

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-1-1.webm (1920x1080, 2.97M)

Okay nope. No. We're not stooping to bait this low. Stop.

Yeah, I know, but you're talking about their lost muse like it's supposed to mean something. Bear in mind, not everybody is a NEET trolling Yea Forums all day, so I may have missed something.

Kill yourself, though.

Attached: sostupid.gif (480x270, 3.12M)

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-1-2.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

Best show on tv. It's a classic shut the brain down, take a big rip of 98% Seattle thunder and enjoy the ride. Cheesy nostalgic tropes? Sign me up. Cant wait for season 4

I heard anorexics smell bad because their insides are rotting due to malnutrition. Plus that druggie kid packs his own potent musk, no doubt. So what I'm trying to say is - imagine the smell.

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-1-3.webm (1208x680, 3M)

Both of you fuckers are zoomers, I'm talking about fucking pedos.

Idiots, I hate your weakness. be more.

Attached: 1560114495207.png (720x720, 798K)

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-1-4.webm (1208x680, 2.99M)

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-1-5.webm (1208x680, 2.99M)

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-1-6.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

>It's a conspiracy!
>Muh pol
>Get in the bikini

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-2-1.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-2-2.webm (1920x1080, 2.78M)

26, been on here since 2007. If you're older than me and claim you've been on here longer, then I really doubt the veracity of your retort.

Oh look it's our angry little cancerfag. "Our culture" lmfao thanks for exposing yourself as someone who most likely started browsing in 2014-2016. Probably came from leddit during gaymergate.

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-2-3.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-3-1.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

They just told you.
To your face.
You ignored it.
That makes it "okay".
>But really?, no.
>No.
If you can't see it you never could, you are lost.

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-4-1.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-4-2.webm (1280x720, 3M)

Remember when these leggings/yoga pants were reserved for working out? Northface jacket, leggings, and ugg boots were a staple when I was in high school. Can't say I complained desu.

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-4-3.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

Oh look the least funny man in comedy

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-7-1.webm (1066x600, 2.98M)

I was shitposting on the internet before you born. Not even exaggerating. You're probably thinking, yeah right, why the fuck would an old guy like that be here, but remember, you're here forever.

Attached: beavis never scored.jpg (598x460, 215K)

Attached: Stranger.Things.3-8-1.webm (888x500, 2.99M)

based

Lay off the xanax user.

Attached: Stranger.Things.intro.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Because Season 1 was a stolen idea, hence why The Duffer Brothers have been unable to sustain any semblance of it’s magic when having to work from their own brains on the following installments.

Good artists create, great artists steal—Strangers Things 1 is great, and it’s sequels are, well, just barely good.

Attached: 8B6A12FA-8508-457B-A451-80E3799CD987.jpg (1000x562, 583K)

How old are you? I don't doubt there are plenty of 30-40 year olds still browsing.You're right though, we're here forever. Endlessly refreshing our shit threads for (you)'s. Don't forget to put noko in the email field though Mr. Boomer, you might lose your thread!

Hey faggot, I'll treat you right.

Remember aol cryptozoo chat? good times, remember when showing people the truth was easy? yeah me too my guy.

Ever wonder what it would look like if they all grew up on the actual internet and not this fucking facade? yeah me too the entry barrier was needed desu, good talk see you on classic wow.
>We're taking it back, bit by bit.
>Bit.
>By.
Bit.
>Oh and VR chat is actually close btw.

Attached: 1556753635177.jpg (480x360, 42K)

Quick editing for the ADHD Netflix audience, every scene is an MTV video with music crammed into it, rehashing story of the previous seasons, quips and shallow writing etc; even the whole homage to B movie horror and body horror was badly done and felt out of place.

What a scathing response from our resident nigger faggot zoomer.

15 more years and you might actually be able to come up with something good, but you will have killed yourself by then so I guess not.

Attached: 9271135623.jpg (300x230, 20K)

This season was good. Way better than the second. It's poor kino desu.

Lol I bet you don't even remember fucking with retards who forgot to remove the exif data from photos they took and posted, because you weren't there.

No I don't.
I don't remember any stupid shit like that because that's not what this is for in the first place, fucking loser.

sage goes in all fields

Dial up was the golden age of the internet. It was a special club for weirdos and introverts - the friends I've made on Myspace are still my friends two decades later. Once the internet was no longer feared by the square society as a cesspool of rapists and unibombers, it all went to shit and now it's no different than any social gather you'd come across in a local watering hole.

I want some new connective technology to roll out that is stigmatized by the society at large so maybe we'll get back what we once had.

Attached: aohell.gif (256x192, 168K)

If you watched an episode, it doesn't really qualify you to talk about the whole season.

Is will gay?

Confirmed cancerfag. Leddit is down the hall and to the left.

Yes. Or pre-transition, we'll see in S4.

Oh let me also add that all of the characters get memory wiped every new season and suddenly and notion of weirdness is disregarded by everyone. Doesn’t matter that Hopper watched Eleven destroy an eldritch being and closed the gates on another dimension, he thinks Karen is crazy for seeing magnets demagnetizing and now cares more about meeting her for a date than the monster and the government coming back. Also he completely forgets about Eleven the entire fucking season.

Watch out, he's going to sperg out on you in a minute lmao.

he's an incel and commits a mass shooting in season 4

That's a slippery slope pal.
Believe I used to tell myself that I could quit this place whenever I wanted to.

Fucking retard

this is why they should have made the series an anthology with a different cast each season, like True Detective, but taking place in roughly the same time period/universe for the inevitable crossover seasons.

>should have made the series an anthology with a different cast each season, like True Detective
That was the original plan, until people raved about "the kids" so much

Just let me lie to myself....

Attached: 1500593068403.jpg (720x876, 32K)

Hey where did Mr. "I value my time" go? He's been arguing for over an hour now, maybe it's past his bedtime?

>New tech
I told you man VR chat, it's loaded with real next gen they are waaaaaay worse than you can possibly imagine, one minute you are in a fucking island getting your skin and then you are in the gen z hellhole, some of those kids are straight up fucking evil but every now and then you come across a lost idiot like we used to be.
>Walking through a VR world pointing at shit and explaining the memes...the meanings what the picture says
>I don't want to set the bar too high but fuck man, few times I've actually felt that old "Fuck you bitch" feeling that old shit ya know? it's good times
>Fuck I'm not even 30 and I remember enough to be sad, fuck.
>Fuck

Attached: 0854662135.jpg (1024x584, 55K)

>Confirmed
By a stupid little zoomer kid here on his summer holidays, yo shut the fuck up and lurk moar.

You suck kid, you aren't funny you lack wit and honestly I could fuck your mom and you would thank me, just sit the fuck down and soak it in till you have ANYTHING to actually say, aight? aight fuck off.

Attached: 0134756521.gif (245x175, 993K)

I liked it. It’s moving on from mystery/suspense to action/horror. Most franchises do this, it’s still more coherent than most.

>myspace
>2 decades later

wat? did grandpa forget myspace was founded like 15 years ago? and not even popularized until about 2005?

Zoomer zoomer zoomer lol. I thought you valued your time? Wtf are you even doing here? You've confirmed multiple times you've been on here at most for 5 years. Go to bed son.

Wrong

My late 20s was the best time I've ever had.
Make the most of it my dude. There are still a lot of people your age who haven't given up on life or got married (which is pretty much a redundant statement from what I see). Go hang out with them IRL if you can.

I'll check out that VR chat at some point although I don't have my hopes up tbch

I wanna fuck Mrs. Driscoll.

>You valued your time
You must have me mistaken zoomer, I'm posting here in the middle of a fucking Sunday night.

My time is mine to spend unline yours, I suggest you stop wasting it untill you grow up enough to actually have a voice and a meaning to back it up with, calling someone out for calling out your useless meme talk....that's straight up old you might as well hit me with the no u.

Fuck off, you have nothing for us faggot.

It was always souless, the directors are a couple of hacks who stole the entire thing.

This season was ___Fun_ and I Enjoyed it

Are you actually arguing with yourself as you joke about the other guy doing something other than shitpost? You’re proving his point while being complete cringe.

*Click*

I want Will to have a blond blue-eyed boyfriend.

>Hang out with them IRL
My guy, I was on the internet from the age of 9, back when it was actually good, RL was a thing I spent my time working to get away from, I'm one of "those" types that got lucky on the SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM earily.

You need the headset though for VR chat, get your rig in gear slap those fucking sweaty goggles on and get all up in this angelfire ass looking mess.
>Assuming we all make past November
>Fuck that
>That's some fuck, but yeah who know's maybe in the new world we all get it back
>Bit, by bit.

>"push my ass"
>"touch my butt I don't care"

Jews really were involved in this

Holy shit you're so asspained lol. You said you value your time, yet here you are over an hour later still arguing and using buzzwords like zoomer. You're embarrassing yourself.

My time is my time to spend as well, because I have a well paid salary and plenty of vacation days. I have 11 days off, starting from July 4th and I can sit on my ass all day making money while shitposting with you. Enjoy your summer vacation son, just make sure to ask daddy for his credit card so you can buy lootboxes.

>"boo hoo im some fat loser who wasn't smart enough to adapt"

I'm not reading that
I got up to value your time and decided you aren't worth mine.

Understand?

Just like you watched one episode an decided the season was shit? Yeah that sounds exactly like the type of person you are. You've been BTFO and now you're looking for a way out. Go to bed now sonny boy, you'll forget about all this tomorrow. I promise.

>we only got 1 episode of chad billy before he was reduced to mindflayer's bitch then killed

a fucking shame.

>Rages
I told you, you are not worth my time.

Thanks for the reminder bitch.

Attached: 1558715814705.gif (250x250, 1.89M)

It’s derivative of a bunch of 80s shit because muh nostalgia. It was always soulless trash. You just now realize it.

It took you 90 minutes to decide I'm not worth your time lmao? Holy shit are you fucking stupid.

That's not a comma.

Do you run a youtube channel or something? Making money from shitposting on the intertubes sounds pretty fucking cozy. I have to hustle IRL and it can get to me sometimes, considering I generally abhor interacting with most people. At least I'm not a wagecuck so I have that going for me.

I had those playstation VR goggles once but that shit made me queasy, so I got rid off them. What do you recommend?

Attached: 1512703474110.jpg (436x436, 31K)

Nigga, it’s late and I don’t give a fuck.

He was right

You'll keep dancing till I tell you stop wont you.

Is /ourguy/ is back in season 3? Haven't watched it yet

Attached: 99.png (1196x578, 771K)

unironically find her really attractive, especially during this scene where she's all bug-eyed and crazed looking

Attached: vlcsnap-error217.png (1280x720, 617K)

Why would I want to adopt to shitty people like you? Fuck you and the ISP you rode in on.

I couldn't tell if it was the same actor, but the character appears in a few flashback scenes. They're really brief, and he never shows up outside of that

My big issue is there were characters that served very little purpose, or once they had a single moment, were just sort of there. Robin was an entirely pointless character as was the little black girl. I love how they just randomly throw the "I'm gay" thing in there.

I thought it was good. Cinematographically it was better than 1 or 2 but it doesn't capture the magic of season 1

I got all week buddy. Continue to ignore the fact that you've been arguing and shitposting for 90+ minutes now, when you said you "value your time". Then you try and get out of said argument and continue to shitpost. You're a massive fucking retard if you don't see the hypocrisy in this.

>What set
Mmm, so you want to wait for the "Small" versions of VR if you are on PC, otherwise wait for next gen consoles they are actually stacked.
>WHICH PLATFORM
Justin.tv. but it's not even that anymore.
I got money for....honestly fucking nothing I made faces at things I watched and years later it's a thing with a full on option to let you watch dodgy shit for your fans only, I couldn't even tell you how to make it cause I have no fucking idea how I did, worlds a fuck dont worry though it's done soon.
>Don't check out on me though, seriously we all got work to do yet.

Stop @ ing me.
You actually aren't worth my attention.

Becuase they are forcing actors that hate each other to kiss

Attached: 1562333224446.webm (640x360, 697K)

This, those faggot brothers are complete hacks desu

Awww are you feeling bullied after being BTFO? It's okay kiddo, like I said, you'll forget about all this when you wake up tomorrow. Mommy will even make you some tendies if you're still crying.

Also "@ing", LOL once again confirmed cancerfag. Go back to twitter or leddit, or whatever normalfag website you crawled out from.

Muh nigga, nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain. Happy to hear you managed to make a few bucks while the going is good.
Making money off the internets wouldn't be my first choice anyway. I produced an indie feature - I'd rather keep doing that. The problem is, indie movie business is the scummiest business I've come across and I used to work in a boiler room during the sub prime bubble. But creating a good film really does give one a boner, even if it doesn't fill up your pockets.

Goddamn that kid is so fuckin' gay.

I don't blame him, she's clearly a thot in training.

gtfo out of here mundanematt

Dude, you can stop dancing.
I'm done with you, you are making youself look stupid
>And will continue to do so because I just told you too

Old user, you find your place and dig aight? zoomers.....thanks I wont miss you, 2 years ago and I might have had too now....eeeeeeh yeah nah get fucked, just remember when the sky turns black it's time for wishes!!!!

There's going to be leaked nudes the second she turns 18 and everyone fucking knows it.

>hurr I told you to stop posting because I got BTFO

Yeah keep on crying you bitchmade newfag.

No worries my guy, I done the right thing.
I made the money work for me like I was told too.
>But would you believe me if I told you all it has afforded me is a good view?
>I bet you would, good luck up there.

When he opens the door a sound plays as if he's cocking a pump action shotgun but he's obviously holding a double barrel which breaks apart and loads shells directly to the tubes and in the back of the gun, so there must have been a 2nd unseen person in this scene cocking a shotgun, I was very afraid for Hopper and everyone but alas the writers must have forgotten about the unseen character and never developed that plot further.

Shit dude, don't actually cry about it.
Take it easy bud, I don't care.
I really....really do not care.
But lay off the enter key okay? you get some sleep and try to forget all about this terrible man who made you feel so small you needed to pad out your words.

Bitch.
>Or to put it in a way you would TRULY understand
EZ.

Attached: 1557748325512.gif (288x284, 3.12M)

good talking to you my dude.

Hey retardo, I'm the one who made the original "my time" comment and I haven't replied to you since. I've been having a very pleasant conversation with a mature oldfag, while you were busy arguing with another bored, slightly less retarded zoomer who managed to b& you. Hope you feel accomplished.

Attached: adios.jpg (500x500, 76K)

The writer's room consists of cucks and women.

Lol keep parroting what I say to you, back to me, because you have no retort. Scroll up retard, I've already said all that to you.

So wait, you're tell me, you're the original poster of that, yet you continued to waste time here when you "value" it? I don't buy it. That thread of posts ended with some user saying "just let me lie to myself".

No. They’re going to go the cheesy route in S4 where Will meets a girl (Latina) that loves playing D&D just as much as him and she will be his gf

I think Mike made it pretty clear when he said Will didn't like girls.

>I don't buy it.
That is because you're retarded, user. It's the same reason why you were arguing with different people thinking it was the same one.

That nigga is gay. I swear, Milly is dtf. Im sure she offered on of drinking binges. He's just enjoys swallowing meat

IT TRULY WAS A NEVER ENDING STORY ANONS

Attached: killmenow.png (644x368, 289K)

You really think that's uncommon? It's about as common as someone samefagging to save face.

3 is better than 2. At least they tried something a bit different. What didn't you like.

Why the fuck do the writers hate Steve so much? What did he do to deserve that fate? Shit was fucking brutal. There was absolutely no point in making that girl gay. The only reason it happened was to shit on Steve for no fucking reason.

People legit meme'd on Steve for being JUST'd this season, but I really think Steve got some respect finally. Sure, he didn't get Robbin but he actually beat up that Russian dude. It seems like he's over Nancy and Robbin is helping him get his mojo back. He seems to have matured passed his high school days, which I can't honestly say for most people I've worked with.

They clearly wanted a Steve/Dustin plot, because of the warm reception their interactions got from S2. Idk about making the girl a lesbian, but they clearly want to show that Steve was a douche in high school, and are possibly building some redemption arc for him. Maybe he gets back with Nancy since Jonathan left. I doubt it though, they're probably going to shoehorn the Byers family and Eleven back in somehow.

It still made no sense for her to end up being gay though. It felt like it was thrown in strictly to crush Steve. Her being gay played no other role in the story other than to fuck with Steve.

yeah in one year right?

He's completely friendly and nice to both the It and Stranger Things Red Head. It's just Millie he hates

It was popular in season 1 you fucking dipshit

It was like a sitcom based on Stranger Things. Hopper was a rageholic addicted to ragehol. And that those dumbass gags with El and Frogboy kissing but then not to full Hopper just kept coming and coming. It's like I was watching Full House or some shit.

yeah why the fuck would she tell that story about being obsessed with him and not expect him to take it that way? was she intentionally fucking with him?

Steve didn't even realize or at least admitted he liked her until they were both under some kind of psychedelic drug, probably similar to mdma. Then she admitted she was a lesbian. Dustin was the one shipping the whole Steve/Robin romance.

And pander to a SJW audience that was clammering for some LGBT reprentation in Stranger Things. I really dug the character outside of that. I'm even okay with Steve not being with her. But just to make her gay without any hints/build up is a cop out.

Overall ST season rankings:
S1-- 8/10
S2--- 5.5/10
S3 --- 7.5/10

Steve needed a friend in the show his age more than he really needed a girlfriend IMO. Steve took it on the chin when she broke the news to him and he didn't lash out or anything. He just joked about her crush and they managed to still remain close friends afterwards.

I don't blame him honestly

Attached: 1562470855044.webm (1000x563, 841K)

Anons, Steve "The Hair" Harrington is going to have no problem getting a new girl in the next season. This shit was just a redemption arc for him, I'm calling it right now.

It felt good to watch, lots of build up and pay off. I think they want this thing to go for multiple seasons so they are sticking to a formula that will ensure they have lots to work with in the future. That being said repeating the formula over and over is going to wear on some viewers and it will seem like the writers aren't really pushing themselves out of the same genre tropes.

I don't think outting yourself as gay in the 80s or even 90s was a thing unless you genuinely didn't care about backlash.

I feel like the story she told kind of led him on. Ultimately, I just feel bad for the guy because he hasn't really had a big payoff yet. Hopefully the writers allow him to be happy with a girl in the next season.

Why do they have to kill off the most based characters?

I think it was less about SJW pandering and more about shitty writing. It would have been fine if being gay played a role in the story other than strictly being used to make steve feel like shit for a couple minutes.

They said there's definitely a s4 and possibly a s5, but that's it. They seem to want to bring back the demagorgon, after that last scene in soviet russia. That's pretty lame if they do that though. I'd guess there's going to be a bunch of soviet engineered demagorgons in s4, like the demodogs in s2.

He's definitely getting a new girl next season. This season and like half of season 2 was his redemption arc. It's pretty obvious. They're going to work at that family video store and he's probably going to meet some customer and they'll date or some contrived shit.

80s nostalgia bait is always soulless. It's the safest trick in the marketing executive's arsenal.

>high and drunk
>open thread on a show ive never watched
>two shitheads arguing about being a loser on the internet longer
>like 5 on topic posts, all shit
>webms of the little girl from ever present pedo

yeah idk chan seems alive and well to me

good thing maybe doesnt mean no

couple clips out there of the actress masturbating, check it out sometime

What did you expect?

>open thread
>zoom to the bottom to see what's going on
>first post I see is from a high and drunk degenerate who hasn't even watched the show
yeah idk Yea Forums seems alive and well to me!

You dig that Courtney Love look?

The 2 big deaths at the end really ruined it for me

Love was hot as fuck at her prime

I disagree.

3>1>2 for me, personally. Never got behind the hype of the show, never understood how one of Netflix's random darts at the wall suddenly blew up, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

S3E1 is the worst episode of S3, but S3 as a whole is better than S2

He’s the only kid that’s always right and doing the right things

>never understood how one of Netflix's random darts at the wall suddenly blew up, but I enjoyed it for what it was.
Unironically the talented child actors. They generate a large appeal especially when they're half decent at acting. I agree with your season ranking also

It blew up because 80's shit has been in vogue for this decade. Next couple years it'll be the 90's

The real question is why season 1 was so good? That's more shocking after 2 lame ass seasons.

Guys was there subtitles on the russian scene? I'm not watching from Netflix

There will never be 90s nostalgia tbqh, all the pop culture was fucking awful

Was literally nostalgia bait there was nothing to it same goes for Star Wars: TFA

Idk the 90's indie music scene was great, and so was the vidya. I guarantee season 4 is going to have an nes reference or having the characters playing mario or duckhunt or some shit.

The turned the heart and soul of the first season into a side character and the butt of the jokes in every scene

Attached: A2672824-367B-4CF4-ADE0-C6781AF640BE.png (426x584, 266K)

Everything here is correct, the writing is just plain inadequate

Based

Everything with Billy this season was pretty soulful, great and atmospheric teen horror stuff that fits in the era, then they pulled a shitty forced tragic backstory

Grunge is emo with some power chords. It's shit.
And how are you to make a movie about vidya?

He very clearly had that backstory since his introduction. And the thing that was actually sadder in my opinion is that Max obviously did love him despite him being an asshole

I liked the flesh eldritch horror way more than the mind flayer

Gotta let the girls have their empowering moments.

It was contrived in the actual plot though, she just randomly teleports on a beach to reveal his backstory. It was exactly like Inception, really weird

She was wading through his memories to figure out where the Mind Flayer was. And most likely saw the most prominent ones

>it was popular while the pilot and the rest of season 1 was being filmed

how retarded

He is the most JUST character in this show, forget Steve

S1
>basically the protagonist in the first season
>de facto group leader who is the most involved with the mystery that's going on
>immediately has a connection with Eleven and tries to be too possessing of her
>matures as the season goes on

to

>constantly whining about everything
>is just an accessory to the main plot instead of one of the focuses
>angsty, bitchy, and a rash decision maker
>sidelines for 2 seasons straight, only exists when Eleven is in the equation

It's safe to say that Dustin is the main kid character and gets the most screentime now

I enjoyed much more when it was just a small town story following one family and a small mystery
But as story goes by it has to advanced WOAAAHH branching storylines swoosh more characters booooom more cgi

ST is one of those series who should have kept the main character (Eleven) stuck/dead and end in S1.

You mean Billy and Hopper? Hopper died off screen, therefore he isn't dead. The post-credits scene mentioned an American, and I think it's pretty obvious we're supposed to suspect that's Hopper. I assume he was teleported rather than disintegrated (like Eleven at the end of S1) then got captured by the Russians.

People said that about the '80s

You're a lying fuck

I can see that. The cast of IT is what made me love the recent movie; and with an all-adult cast returning for part 2, I find myself mostly uninterested. That and the trailer was stupid.

Yes, it was popular when season 1 released. Meaning that season 1 was already written, filmed, etc., and could not be impacted by that popularity.

What a fucking moron.

>Because Season 1 was a stolen idea
explain

Except both matrix sequels were absolute garbage and neither were "OK"
Actually you're right, it is like the matrix sequels

IT pt. 2's cast is pretty fantastic though

No I'm talking about classic 90's bands like My Bloody Valentine, Pavement, Slint, Talk Talk (their last album), Godspeed You Black Emperor, early Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Yo La Tengo. If you haven't heard of these bands I don't blame you, but they're staples on Yea Forums and highly regarded. I could go on if you really want me to. The 90's indie music scene wasn't just grunge and emo. Grunge was definitely the most popular though, becoming mainstream with Nirvana, and after that, mainstream labels tried and tried again, failure after failure to create a new Nirvana.

Also, we're not talking about a movie, brainlet. Stranger Things is a series that tries to be more 80's "authentic" rather than 80's "accurate". So they throw in a bunch of references that 30-40 year olds will get hard on's from. I'm sure the same could work for the 90's.

>He doesn't know
The entire premise of the show was plagiarized.

Hope season 4 fix this shit
Mike was really based in season 1 and you feel his actions move the plot forward
While in season 2 he stills feel like the Leader most of time Lucas defies him so much and it's fucking angry all the time until El shows back
In this season he have girl problems and shit on Will, he doesnt feel like a Leader anymore

But at least he ends up right the whining
>Don't like Max since season 2
>Max makes El dump him in season 3
>Mike don't want Eleven to overdo his Powers while Max is Muhh strong woman
>Eleven ends up without Powers because the over use

Also is worth mention how him and Eleven got separated all the time
O honestly think it's becuase Finn can't stand Millie

Attached: 1562299097009.webm (640x800, 1.45M)

The only thing that felt soulful or got a positive reaction out of me this season was the ending.
youtu.be/N1avWKq0b64
Hopper's little letter is genuinely well written, and is the most depth he got the entire season. The music is perfect for the scenario at hand, everyone saying goodbye to each other, the editing is almost masterful in how it cuts back to Hopper's home now utterly dilapidated and ruined, irreparably changed forever. It all felt genuine and sincere. It felt real.

And it's attached to the most by the numbers, bland, obnoxious, cynical season of the entire show, a babyfied shadow of its former self. How could the same people who wrote that god awful Neverending Story song scene write something as good and heartfelt as the ending to the season?

Attached: Change.jpg (2220x1080, 465K)

It is. I'm not doubting the actors. I only mean that a big chunk of IT's charm was witnessing a wide cast of child actors effortlessly bouncing off each other and pulling off silly lines, like Finn's "now I have to kill this fucking clown" speech. I'm going to see Pt. 2 regardless.

>Good artists create, great artists steal—Strangers Things 1 is great, and it’s sequels are, well, just barely good.
Where do great artists who also have original ideas fit into this?

Attached: afea6e39-5d96-4b83-b8c9-3de0f7d2ec51_1510531200.png (681x681, 195K)

This shit pisses me off so much, especially the way he treats Hopper and Will. It feels like they just shit on his character completely

Oh yeah, about that scene. Did anyone think they editing was pretty awkward. Like they have 11 and the rest driving off during the speech and then near the end it cuts back to her still in the house. Felt really disjointed.

they post here

That anorexic bitch looked so sexy throughout this season. I think it's the hairstyle.

What's the story here? I never heard about this

>First half of season 1 he's an angry little shit who takes charge of the other kids in the search for their missing friend, shows little to no weakness
>First half of the season ends with friend's supposed body being found
>Kid immediately runs back to his mother's arms in tears
Scene was really effective, the actor was real good. Don't think there's a single moment in this new season that matches the emotional rawness of that scene

lel

It was always soulless

Season 1 was amazing.
Season 2 was okay.
Season 3 was somewhere between 1 and 2.

I don't get why you chucklefucks get so up in arms. It's still leagues better than half the original programming and cable shit out there.

social media reaction does hurt television or movies, creators can't be creative anymore instead they get influenced by the masses

Why do you keep calling Joyce Karen? Karen is Mike's mom.

Why does Steve need three seasons of punishment and redemption for being "douchey" while Nancy only gets rewarded for cheating on her boyfriend?

This season was also ended with him hugging his mum after Will and Eleven left, nice parallel

That's retarded, there's plenty of creativity in movies and tv. I swear, you people are so laser-focused on a very small output of media and then you come out and say it's all trash and soulless. Fucking stupid

>The Good
Hopper
Steve
Robin
Russian scientist
Billy

>The bad
Literally everything else. They should drop all the kids at this point.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that noticed this

What did netflix mean by this?

Attached: 12.png (2482x1185, 865K)

this show feels like twin peaks for dumb people

I did but it honestly didn't bother me because they already framed the beginning of the monologue as El reading the letter. So they could really do whatever they want in terms of editing that scene because it was always going to end with El finishing the letter

Reminds me of what happened to Finn Mertens in Adventure Time. Boys don't get to have hero stories or happy endings. They need moral finger-wagging. Girls, on the other hand, can be as narcissistic and short-sighted as they want and still get to be heroes.

How is it like Twin Peaks in the slightest?

Because it should've been an anthology series but zoomers grew too attached to the cast so Netflix didn't want to rock the boat.

Dilate.

Yikes!

I thought Aleksei was being played by Jordan Crowder (Steven Crowder's brother) from Art Of Manliness

Attached: jordan-crowder-01.jpg (161x200, 8K)

Parallel universe filled with strange beings without fully understood motivations. It's in the wilderness. Government studying the effects of the parallel universe, but try to keep tight lipped out about. Zany characters doing stupid shit mixed with serious moments.

It's twin peaks without Lynch's dreamlike influence.

oh and there are also dopplegangers

Seems like a stretch. The tone and vibe is completely different. Story is really different with only very loose connections. Characters are different. It's not nearly as strange as Twin Peaks and it never reaches the seedier and darker parts of Twin Peaks like FWWM or The Return did.

are you gonna talk out of your ass or provide evidence you faggot

>zoomers

No, this series was originally meant for late gen x, early gen y people. Zoomers don't give a shit about the 80's.

I didnt know the new girl was Uma Thurmans daughter until I looked it up

Yeah most boys don't like girls till they hit their teens

she looks horrific

hey look a virgin

It didn't.

Attached: 1562398089453.jpg (500x500, 58K)

>People legit meme'd on Steve for being JUST'd this season

If by "people" you mean "incels who believe any ending that doesn't end in sex is automatically a bad ending."

No he's asexual. They thought that character in Bojack Horseman was cool so they stole it too

This. It was like we were supposed to ship Steve and Icecreamfu, then she turns out to be a fucking lesbian? Fuck this sjw paradigm

wut

3 was better than 2 by a landslide tho

I liked it.

Attached: 1551586682649.jpg (1920x1080, 827K)

they are teens u idiot

i knew i liked females when i was 9

3 episodes in and so far Hop and the faggot with no gf have been whiney

>become

Attached: 1514265009022.jpg (1200x630, 59K)

There's really no excuse for how bad the first few episodes are. Dropping the show entirely is the only rational decision.

>I guarantee I'm older than you

That just makes bringing up video games even more pathetic.

i liked it

You lost. Accept it.

finns cool dude was on schmucks podcast and has severe anxiety in his teens. one of us desu

so many missed opportunities for better dialogue

She was the only good part of Velvet Buzzsaw

The kids have been nothing but annoying this season, and are basically in "Sit around doing nothing while Eleven fixes everything" mode. I guess I get that they're teenagers now, but I kind of miss when they were just riding around on bikes having Goonies adventures. At least the shitty acting was excusable then.

Also, the show just feels cheaper this season. I can't quite put my finger on why exactly, but it does.

I did a double-take when I heard this.

youtube.com/watch?v=HpXdDI3kHN8

>jimmy – grabbing millies chest
>millie – what-?!

youtu.be/P2jWOwOHEzU?t=282

Attached: summary philosophy damage.png (1077x607, 776K)

a victim of its own success.

Jesus, both twinks are gay as fuck. Those pedo kikes must have molested the shit out of them.

Because they just remaking the first season over and over. They're too afraid to create new characters so they're desperately grasping onto the ones they've got. Rather than show these kids make friends that aren't in their insular group and have the upside down slowly stretch it's reach to the rest of the town we get a rehash of the events of season 1, over and over.
>What's scarier then the demogorgon
>Multiple demigorgons!
>Whats scarier than multiple demogordans?
>A HUUUUUGE DEMOGORGAN
Just wait and watch, season 4 will be multiple huge demogorgans.

Third season is actually way better than s2

jimmy fallon is a weirdo creep
I bet he gets H A R V E S T E D by the hollywood elites just like the kids do

poor noah gagging at the thought of it

the first episode is supposed to hook you

It's not that they forgot, they got desentiseized to it. And they're being cautious to suspend their disbelief because they think they're becoming paranoid because of the trauma

that's a mirror, user

Based Schizophrenic Zoom Zoom

Based. I am not one to like comedies or lighthearted action, but this Season had me laughing multiple times. Sometimes they went overboard tho

All those Black guys grinning as it happens, Max politely looking away knowing she's powerless to stop it, Will masturbating furiously. What an amazing shot.

probably the dumbest response i've had the privilege to read in a long time

Patton Oswalt?

hi David

>building up some redemption arc
They did that at the end of S1. Steve doesn't need any redemption. He needs a reward cause he and Dustin are literally carrying the show

did max and black guy even kiss once this season?

it's 4channel
fucking retard

I think they fucked up à la Ron/Hermione.
Steve and Robin clearly had the best chemiatry as a couple and by making her gay they closed that door. Now they can't go back or they will get a ton of hate for ungaying her, but I don't think they're gonna find other people to pair them up that would feel that satisfying

Attached: tmp_GsF7ld_e73e0909100d9a4f_robinsteve.jpg (2048x1558, 358K)

It's anti-white leftist propaganda.

This show looked really fucking expensive. No wonder they shoved in product placement "as a joke lol"

Hopper season one was so cool. Mysterious, strong, and willful. Season 3 he became a joke/non-confident bitch. What the fuck happened?

Not that user but I think they're kinda aping Twin Peaks, consciously or not, now that they're trying to estabilish this little world where weird shit happens intertwined with everyday problems that grant the setting its charm. The characters are stuck in a circle where nothing really changes so that the audience can regularly find that comfy world as they left it, no matter how terrible the things the protagonists deal with are.
Granted, Twin Peaks overdid it too at some point when s2 became "Twin peaks that wants to be Twin Peaks", but the foundation upon which that circle was built in the first episodes is infinitely more solid than what Stranger Things tries to revive with each season. Everything it tries to pass as iconic ends up feeling artifical and fake.

the fuck is this gantz shit

This is how it works:
NUDITY
>include it in the first three seasons to reel in eyeballs
>then take it away when they're invested
PROGRESSIVE CONTENT
>exclude it from the first three seasons to reel in the eyeballs
>then put it in when they're invested

Give or take a season or two, depending on the case.

>billy
literally out of action the whole season

Based Duffer Bros

That's true, Steve has lost everyone and now only has a bunch of kids (which Robin points out). It's going to make his ultimate win all the more sweeter.

After Stand By Me they finally got kid actors right again. That was the hook

Single parent of teenage daughter.

That's based billy.

Attached: 1537030661196.jpg (1920x1080, 721K)

there is only one David Lynch

the first season of most series is usually where it stops being good

Attached: 1562522293674.gif (284x213, 823K)

what a faggot

>Why it become so soulless?

It never had soul in the first place. It was a normie tier "Muh 80's Spielberg, Steven King fapfapfap" mash up that never lived up to its potential and will be quickly forgotten like all other mem shows!!!FACT!!!

Also, haven't watched it but from what I gather season 2 put it into the trash with their "diversity" episode, you know the one, and making the red head a coal burner. That means I'll never watch it!!!FACT!!!

Yeah what the hell El? Nobody wants to see this eww

Attached: 8BB69B3F-D4C8-45DB-A51C-BD6F7629C9AD.jpg (1500x810, 121K)

I think "the American" is probably Dr. Brenner and Hopper is in the upside down. Eleven lost her powers for now so she could just sense him there.
S4 will probably start with her slowly regaining her powers and realizing he isn't dead so this time they will have to save Hopper.

The first season was nice and self-contained. I got halfway through the second and gave up because most of them just became too annoying and they were retreading old ground.

I did enjoy many moments this season, but overall it is the weakest one that they put out. The terrible seizure inducing fights made much of the third act almost impossible to watch. Hopefully they cut that shit out. Unfortunately Stranger Things got fucking HUGE so much of this season just seemed to exist to pander to the nostalgic audience, and they forgot that they still need to make a compelling show. This season played it WAY too safe and focused on things that didn't really need to happen. Like the Neverending Story shit. It was a little funny at first, but it ended up going on long enough to become detrimental to the final act. A bar or two would have been fine. Also there is no real fallout with the main characters all making it out relatively unscathed. Taking Eleven's powers away conveniently for the battle, but more so she couldn't use them to immediately find Hopper is also a lame move. We all know he went through the fucking gate. A better end would be Eleven using her abilities to find him and realizing how almost impossible it would be save him. Unless she opens the gate again. Instead we have to pretend that Hopper is dead until the big reveal next season? Also Billy was immediately ruined after a great setup last season. He was much like a Stephen King human antagonist, buy they just decided to make him the host for the space monster? What a fucking waste. I hope they pull their shit together for the next season.

I want to say he got Vegita'd but I think this is more of a Yamcha at this point. I do hope he doesn't get back with Nancy, but I think the showrunners feel Steve is adorkable through how he can't seem to catch a break ever.

no, he wast just traumatized by all the alien rape

>Joyce about to explode the machine
>Hopper standing there derping by it, nods to her
>He couldn't just take 2 seconds to run to the safe spot before she set it off

Attached: 1396815696974.jpg (330x330, 33K)

adoyyy there was electricity and shit

You watched one episode. Give it three at least. That's the golden rule.

too pretty for a lesbo

So is it like True Detective s03?

This biggest plot hole:
How did Joyce afford to move to another city with a cashier’s income in a market that was stated to have been hurt by Starcourt taking all the customers up until the last 3 months. I’m mad because they could’ve easily explained this by saying the government paid her to keep quiet about the Russians and Demogorgan

He was trapped, the stairs leading to safety where being shocked by the key, since we know he survived he either fell to the ground floor as was grabbed by someone before the explosion or he jumped into the upside down (unsure if I was close enough) and got caught by Russians exploring it.

Attached: 06F712FF-48AF-443C-BF00-9CA8A8953C05.jpg (959x539, 102K)

As a Nerdasexual who faps to moaning myrtle i just downloaded season 2 and 3 so i can get a look at Susie

Attached: Moaning Myrtle.jpg (500x712, 56K)

>i just downloaded season 2 and 3 so i can get a look at Susie
She's in 30 seconds of the last episode of s3. The entire scene is on youtube.

wtf are they going to do next season all these separate plotlines unless maybe they drop a couple

He's still very strong, dude led a single mom and a conspiracy nut into a secret russian base and exploded it.
It's just that he's now a single father to a teenage daughter, as a single dad i can personally say that stress and despair doesn't even begin to describe the feel.

it's semi-based on real events
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_Project
here's the original pitch: zen134237.zen.co.uk/Stranger_Things/Stranger_Things_-_Bible.pdf

Next season the portal will be open again, but the solution won't be to close it for a fourth time, it will be to venture into the upside down and actually kill the mind flayer for good, as there's no way to guarantee that the portal will ever stay closed.
cap this.

>A girl
>Carelessly fucking with a man’s emotions and destroying him when he becomes vulnerable
Who would’ve thought?

billy is literally a zombie and hopper seems like a violent alcoholic and is always arguing with joyce. russian scientist doesn't get many lines and steve gets cucked by robin in the end anyway

>Killed trained Russian soliders/assassins
>Sacrificed himself to save the world
>”he weak lol”

ohhhhhhh and she is wearing the same frumpy little house on the prairie night gowns as Amy Farrah Fowler

youtube.com/watch?v=nP21yQUpmSs

>YWN cuddle with Max under the covers
It hurts

Also the duffer brothers worked with a person or at a studio that was doing another Montauk project

THANK YOU. Fuck, that drove me bonkers.

>Sacrificed himself to save the world
Why does reddit hate post-credit scenes?

i agree with this

they didn’t want to lose the Yea Forums audience

We don’t know what the circumstances were of him surviving all we know is he put his life on the line to save everyone

favourite scene/moment this season?

end of ep3 when billy and gf knock out gf's parents to american pie. K I N O

I was thinking "bisexual", maybe? But I honestly don't want people getting together just to get together at this point. Still. Steve needs some sort of success in his life.

He will be the American in the Russian prison

They're going to introduce more psychics of course.

He did literally nothing this season.

>faps to moaning myrtle

Attached: integrity.png (640x478, 286K)

I mean I want to say he's a growing, rebellious kid, but at the same token him and Hopper have already been through the wringer together so you would think he'd have just a little more respect for the guy.

I hope you're not implying David Lunch has original ideas. He was inspired by something, just like everybody else.

he has way more original ideas than the hacker brothers

Weird i thought Suzie in her nightgown looked a little like Amy in Big Bang theory in her night gown

They both played young CC in the Beaches movies original and remake

Attached: MV5BNDk3NGU5OWUtZTAyNy00N2FjLWI0YjQtMTE5NTk5ODhjYjkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,17 (1777x882, 90K)