Reminder Kong is

Reminder Kong is
>More popular than Godzilla and does better at the box office, giving him extra plot armour
>More agile than 2014 Godzilla
>Can take more than two monsters in a fight without nearly dying
>Due to 2014 Godzilla having an "old samurai" vibe to him, this movie's story will most likely have a "passing the torch" with Kong becoming the new defender of the earth
How exactly ISN'T he going to win?

Attached: 1562071628880[1].png (517x768, 578K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/xuVtRy38
youtube.com/watch?v=W0YHHZyF29I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Godzilla will thump him, but be challenged by the Skullcrawlers who are too nimble and fast for him. Kong fights to prove himself and wrecks Skullcrawlers that swarm Godzilla. Godzilla recognises the value of Kong and lets him be King of Skull Island while Godzilla fucks off to be King of the Monsters some more.

>Oh no! Ahh so many manlet lizards save me kong! Ahhh.... Ha hahahahahaha. Boom atomic breath nigga!
>Fuckin monkey boy thought I'd need his help. Fuck outta here shorty

Attached: 011.jpg (888x1076, 218K)

Lmao Godzilla almost died after a building dropped on him, he's gonna get fucked up by Kong big time.

You forgetting to add that also got beaten in the original. Yeah I'm thinking Kong is gonna fuck lizard shit up.

Attached: 1532208448571.gif (500x408, 1.99M)

Will his movie be the last of the monsterverse or is it just the last one that's been announced?

None of them will win and they will both team up to defeat either a resurrected Ghidorah or Mecha Ghidora you bunch of tards.

>Yea Forums is contrarian but also cares about box office

It'll be the last after it inevitably flops

What's a king to a god?

>manlet
>muuuh dexterity
>"h-h-he will grow i swear!!!"
Lel

If Legendary can refresh the rights to Godzilla, he lives on for the Destroy All Monsters movie.

If they can't, his story ends with him walking back into the ocean.

Godzilla is more popular among movie fans and anyone who cares about these movies.

It was a draw if anything. Or no contest as we would say.

According to rumors Godzilla will indeed win
the rumors being discussions with various people who worked on it with most saying that they know who will win but won't say who it is and at least one saying that his money is on Godzilla so maybe it means something maybe it won't if Godzilla wins it's gonna go against the common underdog trope at least so there's that

Anyone here following some Godzilla-related youtube channels and twitter accounts. Can someone tell me why they're almost always passive aggressive cunts?

Not really, every filmmaker worth his salt has seen King Kong. You couldn't even watch the original japanese cut of Godzilla until like 2004 and even then 90% of filmmakers and critics still only see Godzilla as "men in rubber suits beating each other up"

Up From The Depths seems like a pretty cool guy

Among monster movie fans Godzilla is more popular common people (but only in the US) may recognize Kong more it's hard to compete when one series is a bunch of remakes and the other is a proper franchise. Godzilla also gained a boost after the originals were finally released on home media.

Reminder that Godzilla kotm fucking bombed and WB has so little faith in this piece of shit they're actually skipping SDCC

>Underdog puts up a fight but still loses
better trope than underdog trope

Maybe if they're mostly just post reviews. I also like the one with the anime girl avatar we had a civil discussion once. Others very often start their videos with complaints about angry comments or strawman those who disagreed with them. On twitter Ben Chaffins seems ok and Kaiju News if we can count him but not that asshole with Nick Adams avatar.

>he doesn't know
HAHAHAHAHAHA faggot

He'll get the Ghidorah head grafted onto his hand and shoot lightning from it. Digits confirm.

>yfw the giant claw comes and fucks them both up

Attached: flying battleship.jpg (842x457, 108K)

I miss regular Godzilla threads. Following the release of the movie my Godzilla folder is so fucking heavy with pictures I never got to post.

Attached: 33115454.png (460x445, 386K)

>yfw the giant claw comes and fucks them both up

Attached: flying battleship.jpg (842x457, 108K)

What the duck does long have that’s equivalent to atomic breath?

>Among monster movie fans Godzilla is more popular
Yes, and Kong is more popular among everyone else.
>common people (but only in the US) may recognize Kong more it's hard to compete when one series is a bunch of remakes and the other is a proper franchise.
Godzilla is not a "proper franchise", they had to reboot it 3 times. Kong on the other hand was only "rebooted" one time and had a one-off remake years later

Could you tell me what these "regular Godzilla threads" were? Have browsed Yea Forums for 9 years but got interested in Godzilla only recently

Kong has also been rebooted three times butt nugget, the seventies remake the peter Jackson remake and skull island

Like every one of Yea Forums's flops there was a general that ran for like a month

Attached: 1552406544828.jpg (720x480, 154K)

Oh right some random podcast is going to interview some people who kind of worked on the movie

Being able to name and identify the creature statistically more often doesn't equal bigger popularity. And it's only the US anyway. Yes Kong has never been a long running franchise. It got one sequel on two occassions besides that the movies are mostly reimaginings done by different studio making Kong almost a legacy character (I think it's been remade by six different companies).

This comes from an 1860 illustration of some folk aquatic monster.

Attached: Hounengyo.jpg (1000x1306, 499K)

This nigga

King Kong (1933) — Original
Son of Kong — Sequel
King Kong Vs Godzilla — Reboot/Crossover
King Kong Escapes — Reboot
King Kong (1976) — Remake
King Kong Lives — Sequel
King Kong (2005) — Remake
Kong: Skull Island — Reboot

Jerome Weiselberry is pretty chill and cute

She seems to be legit into cheesy b-films so she's alright in my book

>Kong gets a few good hits in on Godzilla
>suddenly an ear-piercing squawk is heard
>windows shatter, dust storm blows through
>Rodan is here

>Being able to name and identify the creature statistically more often doesn't equal bigger popularity.
The box office would like to have a word with you

Lack of legal continuity doesn't help. At least with Toho Godzilla you knew continuity could be loose but very often at least the 1954 movie was more often than not part of the current series.

le monke

>Can take more than two monsters in a fight without nearly dying
Small fucking monsters the size of a house cat to Godzilla, user. The fucker almost died to the mother if it wasn't for the propeller he used like weighted boxing gloves.

Godzilla movie earned less than Godzilla movie but also more than a Godzilla movie and another Godzilla movie. I guess that means that Godzilla is more popular than Godzilla.

Basically don't treat it as gospel I think this year should prove to everyone that box office is a complex thing. A couple years too many between the movies, bad release date it can all make a difference while releasing a sequel soon after the first movie can get the ball rolling.

It'll be 3 rounds
>Round 1 in [whatever], Godzilla fucking DESTROYS Kong but they stop the fight for some other reason
>Round 2 in Skull Island has Kong win after taking advantage of his natural habitat and studying Godzilla's moves
>Round 3 in TOKYO - JAPAN has Kong struck by lightning/Mecha-Ghidorah's bolt. He's all roided up and rabid. Godzilla kicks his ass back into conscience, and Kong joins him to fight Ghidorah

>Godzilla is not a "proper franchise",
It's a film series with 30 films, various spin-offs, and more. Toho released a movie a year for over a decade. Shit's a franchise no matter how many times they reboot it.

This one does but eh.

For supposedly niche subgenre the fandom is rather strong. The threads were pretty good and positive, basically all threads laughing at the movie's misfortune turned into legit threads about the movies. Lots of new art and movie recommendations I think I helped some guys find rare copies of Japanese versions.

Attached: G1tozfqoo2_500.jpg (500x348, 95K)

>they stop the fight for whatever reason
Now I really wanna see a referee kaiju in a black and white striped shirt getting in between them so it can start a count

Kong being more agile is definitely going to give him an advantage. I’m interested to see how they try to balance everything.

The longest running franchise in history in fact. But that's difficult to determine. I guess Universal monster cycle was a pretty specific thing and it was gone in the late 40s and early 50s even if the studio decides to make a new Dracula movie. But some count the Oz series (1939 movie and the "canon" continuation from 2013) or things like Bambi and Bambi 2 but that's all just gimmicks.

Godzilla and King Kong will fuse into King KongZilla

Why is there a Found Footage general but not a Godzilla/Classic Monster Movie general?

in the japanese version godzilla won, in the english version king kang won you pleb

Reminder Mothra is still fucking ugly.

dump them, my folder is very light

That's a myth, Kong is the winner in both versions, which have almost exactly the same ending.

There was. Not sure why it's gone because once someone makes a new thread it's often very busy. I guess it's a post-release fatigue I also felt it but I'm ready to discuss these movies any time but preferably not when I'm at work or about to go to sleep like now.

Attached: 3gvDZ1udjgrvo3_1280.jpg (880x1274, 143K)

>you pleb
>le godzilla won in japan meme

That's a myth. There's no definite and obvious winner in either version but in the Japanese cut both monsters roar at the end and only Kong does so in the American version.

>konglets believe this

Attached: 1540453323216.jpg (318x237, 33K)

Kong is flammable innit

>Godzilla lazer beams king Kong before he gets close
Heh nothing personnel kiddo

Which rubber-suit Godzilla film has the best effects?

The original Godzilla neatly hides its effects in elegant black and white and it looks great but objectively newer films from the Millennium series have the best practical effects. I'd say either GMK or the two-parter Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and Godzilla Tokyo SOS. There's one movie afterwards Godzilla Final Wars but it's more crazy and unrealistic on purpose even if the destruction looks great

Attached: 37032a72b4fa5fc318e54_f4ae3b2d_540.gif (540x270, 1.65M)

90s Godzilla also has a lot of soul.

Attached: inline_ptdbnxLEzN1swtfnl_500.gif (500x271, 2.46M)

Jet Jaguar will return as the ref and to make sure none of the monsters hit an opponent while they're down

you see them both fall into the ocean and only Kong emerges, and he swims into the distance. which implies that King Kong wins. or at least he won in spirit, because Godzilla retreated like a wuss

What mobie?

I own the Japanese version and can verify Godzilla's victory. He picks Kong up over his head and Chuck's him over to Monster Island where he lands on Anguirus' back and dies

Or Kong retreated because Godzilla is the aquating creature in this duo. See that's the point and it's not a coincidence that it's the only fight in 65 years of this franchise that we don't see the final blow. Maybe it was there maybe it wasn't. But having a definitive winner would kind of defeat the purpose. I don't know how this looked in the American version but press and military people essentially betting on the winner is very telling. Reading about the meaning behind this movie helps but even without it the point is clear.

formerly Sneed's him

Post MEGA or it didn't happen

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1993).

Attached: vkxXos31swtfnl_500.png (500x260, 80K)

Autocorrected, it's what I get for phoneposting I guess
Just watch the Japanese version yourself

Do I need to see Godzilla 85 first or should I be fine going into the Heisei series any order I'd like? I'm currently only familiar with the Showa and Millenium series.

in the American version they bet on Kong multiple times and say Kong will win
>source:i own it on dvd and watched it like a week ago.

also I'm 80% sure at the end it says "GODZILLA WILL RETURN" and he roars so it's not like King Kong killed him

>Just watch the Japanese version yourself
I did, the ending you speak of isn't true, show us a clip of this "ending" you speak of.

Formerly worth his pepper

You have some strange bootleg version with the American ending

I'm only guessing you haven't seen KOTM then
R.I.P. Kong

Alright, then show us a fucking clip of the "real" ending

Are you SURE you want to see it?

It's the one series that follows a narrative but in the first movies the thing that binds them together are, besides some references, some recurring characters. "Biollante" starts where the previous movie began and the movie is kind of important for Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla but it's nothing that major and this can actually be before watching Godzilla vs. Destoroyah it's good to watch at least Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla first. "King Ghidorah" may seem like a reset but it isn't.

Attached: EQgLMbB.jpg (4492x864, 795K)

Yeah he didn't kill him. In fact we don't know what happened and based on the research that we have there was no specific ending planned it's rather vague unless we count Tanaka's words as canon which we can I mean he didn't say anything that contradicts what we see on the screen.
Americans probably wanted to make it seem like a Kong victory so they did what they could with the material they had probably out of national pride or something even if it's against the spirit of the movie.

Yes

If you live nearby, I'll give you a special screening

I'm still waiting for that ending that shows us Godzilla hitting his head and losing consciousness as some jokers tried to argue this is what happens. Another thing put to rest thanks to advancements in piracy?

Now that's just ridiculous

Alright, fuck it. Download this zip file, it contains MPV with an addon that you can use to make webms. Open the japanese version of the movie with this MPV version, press shift+w and use the menu to make a webm of the ending. Just renember to turn off the speech bubble in the bottom right corner as having that on will make a sound webm that you cannot post here

pastebin.com/xuVtRy38

Attached: U.jpg (1014x559, 69K)

By God for once user delivered. It's actually good. But why did the creator of Godzilla himself write that the fight was a draw? He was just being nice?

I'll have to go to Best buy and pick up a laserdisc drive to copy it on my PC, be back soon

But first you were talking about giving me a "screening", what was that about then?

Anyways get back from that store quickly or I'll throw a shitfit

I'm on the way to Best Buy right now but the traffic is really bad. I could have easily given you the screening because I just could just play the laserdisc on my TV

Yeah ok dude be quick

Do you want me to tell you when I get to the store

youtube.com/watch?v=W0YHHZyF29I

I'm a sucker for these. Well made.

Yeah keep the thread bumped

There's a shooting at the store

This is very obviously what's gonna happen

my man