Give me a quick rundown on the Little Mermaid situation

Give me a quick rundown on the Little Mermaid situation.

Attached: o.webm (1280x720, 528K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ex_dIzH4_ec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

niggers

lead casting was announced, turns out
...little monkey fella

I see

The usual.
A black girl was casted, because "times are changing" and a Danish tale obviously should have black characters. The prince will be white to get a bit of racemixing.
Ursula will stay white because she's the villain and villains shouldn't be black otherwise it's stigmatizing.
The singing hermit crab won't have his accent because it's racist.

Everything you should expect from virtue signalers signaling they signal they're not racist will be signaled.
The usual signaling.

I always thought Ursula was black
oh well...

>kalergi plan in effect
>jews get in your face by blackwashing everything
>mentally ill americans defend it and bring their kids to watch the propaganda
>western society collapses with the next 10 years

You're talking absolute shit, play a record

>The singing hermit crab won't have his accent because it's racist.
You know, it's pretty funny that actually representing certain cultures is now considered racist.

Attached: 1.jpg (615x346, 39K)

>Character who was white for no reason other than a character has to have a skin color
>New movie casts a black singer for the role
>People lose their head

If they cast a black person to play JFK, Mulan, Al Capone... Then there'd be an issue.

>Characters must swim as an unavoidable detail of the setting
>Blackwash them to virtue signal

To be fair, if you are gonna remake a movie based entirely on a well loved character, why make that character unrecognizable and get rid of her famous attributes like her flowing red hair.

>Implying skin color matters when you're a mermaid

Clearly a Danish tale should only be told I'm Danish you racist shithead.

Kinda does when the mermaid culture is based around Greco-Roman and Danish influences.

Would you make Black Panther and Wakanda white? I mean he is just a superhero universe.

I agree it's stupid but it's one of those things where you don't have a leg to stand on.

Those are false equivalencies. Black Panther's blackness, his African-ness, is important to the story. Ariel is loosely based on the Greco-Roman stories you're alluding too. I just don't think it' the hill to die on.

a shittier version of an already shit version

fpbp

the main issue is the mermaid is supposed to be hot
but they cast a black woman

couldn't give less of a fuck about new film, but hypocrisy of people whining about butchering ''canon'' for the sake of vagina signalling, when the canon has already been butchered by disney before for the differend kind of v-signalling, is laughable
youtu.be/ex_dIzH4_ec

Attached: 1560596680306.webm (728x410, 2.88M)

damn, rusalochka looks tight