Hahaahah I'm Jewish and from Manhattan and I love New York and it's funny to laugh at goyim hahaahah

>hahaahah I'm Jewish and from Manhattan and I love New York and it's funny to laugh at goyim hahaahah
Now where's my Oscar?

Attached: images - 2019-07-05T031031.534.jpg (321x306, 18K)

Love and Death was good.

I feel sorry for any woman he slept with.

that's pretty much his whole shtick, yes
you forgot to add in references to the nazis and holocaust too
lel lel lel i am just a funny neurotic jew lel lel lel

Shut the fuck up, Mia

>Go away jew boy

Attached: orson.jpg (306x396, 28K)

If anything Woody Allen worships goyim and is constantly laughing at how silly jews are

and his schtick about how much he loves nyc also extends to how much he loves much of europe, he's made lots of films celebrating cities there too, paris, barcelona, venice, rome, etc.

>its the kikes fault!

you're no different from niggers

is that the russian one? probably his best

t. kike

t. troll

Attached: get out.png (500x441, 277K)

>it’s another Woody Allen movie gets made even though nobody watches them episode
Seriously, when was this guy relevant? The last 20 years of his “career” have been mostly about his sick daughter/daddy relationship with the gookchild

Love and Death is just an extremely joke dense straight comedy filled with hat tipping pretentious references and with no real attempt at drama like much of his other films.

Considering that Woody made many films in the spirit of Bergman with actually intense family and relationship character drama, it's strange that you'd think his best was stuff like a cheap seventh seal death joke and >le bleak russian literature.

Like, it's funny, but it's not a great film, and it's not even that funny. Many of the jokes don't land. There are just a lot of them.

Midnight in Paris and Blue Jasmine were both huge hits, genuinely great films and had different, new, ideas in them from his earlier work.

Films like Vicky Christina Barcelona, Cafe Society, To Rome with Love and Wonderwheel aren't masterpieces or anything but they're very decent classic-style films and highly entertaining. Hollywood doesn't really make many low-ish brow romance films that are still quite good any longer.

And he's always gotten fantastic actors to work with him. Scarlett Johansen, Kirsten Stewart, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslett, Emma Stone. Basically the best crop of young actors.

have
sex

discuss
films
on
a
film
board

Attached: lotr.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>There’s nothing behind Allen’s philosophizing, and his pretensions are getting worse — or at least more laughable. In this sense, Irrational Man is his funniest drama since the inadvertently hilarious Interiors (1978). Much of the highbrow talk is sidesplitting: “I loved your essay on situational ethics.” “Her passion for love and lust was contagious.” “The awful vividness of what I experienced grew less and less.” By the time Allen gets to “That usually reliable painkiller, the orgasm,” Amy Schumer starts to take on that glow at last call. Really, Woody Allen needs to stop turning out a movie a year and get down to work.

I agree.
Yes, it's funny and the no real attempt at drama is a good thing. I think he tried to films like Bergman but he was never successful, the closest he came to it was Hannah and her Sisters. His neurotic character drags every film he is in down, in Love and Death it was quite funny and not annoying like in Crimes and Misdemeanors.

That's absolutely true about An Irrational Man.
It's Allen's worst instincts about pseud academic navalgazing given to a Juaqim's character who is pretentious and looks down on other supposed pseud academic navalgazers.
I really have no idea if the irony of it is deliberate or not. Either way it's not smart at all.

But it's not a film that takes itself too seriously. It has a whacky caper-esque murder plot and watching Emma Stone and Juaqim Phoenix onscreen together being silly is still a fun way to spend 90 minutes regardless of how utterly shallow and stupid the film is.

Interiors on the other hand IS kino. Not because it's 'deep', but because it's extremely insense character drama, like what you'd get with Bergman. Bergman wasn't great because of his 'ideas'. That's an analysis for people who don't actually like films but just like seeming cultured. Bergman was great because of his incredible character drama. Why don't you try thinking for yourself anyway instead of just quoting opinions to validate not having your own?

And while An Irrational Man is silly and shallow, I think some of his other recent films do have interesting things to say. And none of them are boring to watch even when they're not great films.

I don't like Crimes and Misdemeanors either but I think that's because he never made a good thriller.
Match Point drags equally but it's only when he adds some high stakes murder or something, not just when he's trying to do serious relationship drama.

Hannah and her Sisters is good but Husbands and Wives, Interiors, Annie Hall, Blue Jasmine, are all better and DO succeed at that bergman-esque character drama imo.

Do you like what he's attempting anyway? Do you like Scenes from a Marriage, or Through a Glass Darkly?
And if you think Woody Allen fails to make Bergman-y films, who else do you think succeeds?

I also think that making a serious thriller at its heart quite funny, which he could never resist doing, ruins the tension. That comedy and thrillers are not mutually benificial.
But making a character drama about families and relationships funny adds to it. They go great together.

Like that the crazed neurotic in a relationship can be hilarious and intense to watch and that batshit insane families ARE funny and you have to have a sense of humour looking at them or it's just incredibly pointless and depressing.

But when you make Martin Landau funny and try to also tie us up in a serious murder plot it all just falls flat and it's pretty silly. Like a very very pretentious caper film.

Yes i like Bergman. I disagree although i haven't seen Interiors yet.
Well that's hard to say, i don't think anybody makes films quite like Bergman but in terms of character drama i like someone like Mike Leigh and Cassavetes more than Allen.

Interiors is the film he made before (or after?) annie hall so when he was very in form. And it's his most bergman-y.
>Mike Leigh and Cassavetes
very good answer although i read someone say the other day that they can't stand Cassavetes because his films just feel like a bunch of talented actors showing off which is hard to shake because there's some truth in it, especially in his more low budget free form films. Still love him though. That scene where Gina Rowlands brings home a bunch of animals in that film is the hardest i've ever laughed in the middle of an absolute tragic story. I think Cassavetes had a great sense of humour.

Why does celebrating cities make someone good?

You take that back

Attached: 806AB301-ADA9-4890-86E5-A990800196D0.jpg (565x464, 69K)

Hey you know so I was in the deli the other day and I saw this cute girl and I wanted to talk to her but all I could think of was my overbearing Jewish mother hahaha. HERE IN NEW YOIK!!!

>not even that funny. Many of the jokes don't land.
Now who's pretentious?

How is that pretentious?
What do you think pretentious means?

It doesn't, i'm just saying that his schtick isn't purely >muh New York

I will check it out then.
I don't have that feeling while watching Cassavetes but i guess i understand when someone else has. Yes, his films are quite funny.

I liked those two movies in which he suddenly turned into a stereotypical Ultra Orthodox Jewish Rabbi. Those were funny scenes.

Attached: Rabbi.gif (380x210, 1.98M)

The Impostors was a great, completely overlooked comedy from the 90s.