I'm halfway through season 1 ep. 2

I'm halfway through season 1 ep. 2.
I'm so fucking bored. Does it get better? Everyone says its great
The monster shit seems cool but by god the characters are ass and dialogue is shit

Attached: 1_I_bnDm83n90965m3KxL5wQ.jpg (2500x1250, 213K)

watch american vandal instead user

If you don't like the characters I don't see it ever getting better for you. Just drop it.

doesn't get better. monster shit is cooler than the first two seasons but that doesn't save anything.

Seasons 1 and 2 are really good especially season 1.
Stop watching at the end of season 2 though because holy shit season 3 is so fucking awful

It doesnt get any better just go outside and do something with your time besides watching shitty pulp television

RUSSIA

BAD.

RUSSIANS

EVIL.

>tfw Finn will never suck your cock

The monsters are the absolute worst part. Just quit now.

There's a misconception that it's a zoomer show because the main characters are teens, but it's actually aimed at people well into their 30's.

Give it until the end of the season. It repeats itself after that.

Thats the demographic that told me its good. OP here
Pretty much gathered that i should quit now. Only reason I didnt watch sooner was i don't like kids in tv or movies. Theyre one of 2 redeemable parts to this show. The other being Ryder.
Idk fellas maybe I'm just in my own head trying to hate it, but the dialogue feels so fucking obvious and slow, they bounce around constantly that I cant get invested in a mood.
It feels like they just took scenes from 3 different movies, put them together then added some character crossover scenes.
Maybe i am a fucking pleb. Might finish season 1, unless episode 3 is also shit

>it feels like they just took scenes from 3 different movies
That's literally the whole point. It's a pastiche of popular 80's movies (many more than just 3), but it's also its own thing.

They build up this fucking teenage relationship for half of these two episodes. Cute pool party stuff, she opens up, down to fuck. Actually written in a nice way, the way she gives herself, but asks for privacy first to confirm that aint all he wanted.
THEN THEY IMMEDIATELY CUT TO CREEPY DUDE IN FOREST, RANDOM MONSTER SHIT FOR 15 SECONDS, THEN BACK TO THE LOVE STUFF?!?!?!
Why not play out the love stuff then show the monster and end the episode. If youre gonna make the love shit seem significant (even tho its fucking obvious its going to end with him being a douche or dying), then fucking make it so. This shit is making me ADD
That was possibly the worst directing ive seen in a hot fucking minute.

Attached: downloadfile.gif (498x278, 1.86M)

Im talking end of ep 2.
So 3 started out decent so far

Nvm.
>look we're holding hands kissing
>look shes holding onto railing trying not to fall
>you didnt get that? Lemme show you two more times.
For how fucking great some of the cinematography is, i cant believe the choice for direction. I cant get into this but i want more monster shit and Ryder

Not anymore. Season 3 is geared for the 16 and under crowd now

You need to be wary of Netflix titles. They're usually all over the place in terms of production.

Aaaaaaaand halfway through episode 3 they make the boyfriend out to be a douche. even tho what he did wasnt nice, it wasnt completely out of line breaking tge dudes camera
Thanks for the advice. I loved the babysitter and a few others but I think i may follow your words

>The season where people are literally melted and dissolved is meant for kids
There was a lot of stupid shit in S3, but it was easily the goriest

Exactly, you finally get it.

OP here
Just finished episode 4 of s1 and I'm interested
The first 2 and a half episodes were fucking terrible, but its coming together really well. Comfy small town creepy vibes.
Fuck the first third of the season. Why anyone actually finished watching the damn thing to tell others its good I'll never know, but im glad they did. Not half bad

Episode 3 has a great ending. The first season is worth watching. Don't watch the others.

billy dies and hopper is not actually dead

Hopefully they were talking about Brenner, not Hopper.

Only watching for the Russian cutie.

Holy shit this show is the definition of hit or miss.

No, if you're already bored, you'll just find it drags on and on. I usually enjoy the first few episodes and then get really bored and turn it off. It has a pacing issue. It's too long; it's just too long.

Welp final update from OP
Finished ep 6 of s1.
2 episodes were good, if not great, and the rest were borderline hallmark tv.
Regardless if the last two are good or not, i won't be watching s2 or s3.
They had a decent premise, ruined it with the autist child, but ep 3 and 4, or 4 and 5 really kicked up the pacing and things felt decent. Then right back to garbage

Oh yea the only decent episodes were the ones not done by the creators themselves. Interesting note

the characters are by far the weakest part of the show and the reason i didn't continue beyond season 1

>All these anons hating everything they watch
Have you tried not breathing? Try it under water.

i just finished ep 1. the characters all feel like bizarro caricatures of themselves, which is somehow surprising given how little substance and depth they had to begin with. all of their worst features are overexaggerated. all the kids just seem insufferable too. why is mike acting like such a little shit?

also
>ywn softly make out with finn in a secluded cabin

The fuck? I enjoy 9 outta 10 things, but this shit is painful apart from episode 4