Was Tony a bad guy?

Was Tony a bad guy?

Attached: A02F896E-8246-4557-B8E1-3B9398562823.jpg (634x706, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cSUFaSVPCRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It depends on whether or not that cop actually killed Christopher's dad.

Unequivocally.
Virtually everyone in the show is.

Yeah he beat up my boy Muscles Marinara for nothin

He killed Cifaretto over a horse

can someone shop out the car background so it looks like hes popping out of Yea Forums

Cifaretto killed a woman cause she spoke back to him.

Bit more to it than that.

He's nuanced

A. She was a whooa
B. She hit him

He's Italian. That means he has arab/nigger blood in his veins. Let me ask you: are niggers and ragheads bad guys?

Yes. The whole point of the show is he’s a bad husband, bad father, and generally bad person with a small core of humanity and vulnerability. The only “good” thing he is is a good son to a mentally ill demon of a mother

Considering Cifaretto was the show's purest incarnation of evil, he was doing the world a favor.

Though he also strangled his own nephew to death while staring him in the face, so there's that.

Attached: 9653fde21d5a4a9f80e2de8f9edebdcf.jpg (394x507, 31K)

Something definitely stank there

Ok nice logic.
So il ask you another question. What did the horse ever do to Ralph?

No, a mob boss was the goodest guy in the whole show. Fuckin moron

He was a big guy.

it's ages since i've shooped da woop so the lines are a bit messed up, is this this kind thing you meant

first attempt, probably needs a cleanup

Attached: joe pesci.png (634x706, 514K)

FOR YOU

Yes because he was the subject of a television series. All subjects of television are “bad guys” for wasting out time.

>Cifaretto was the show's purest incarnation of evil
How do you figure? I can think of plenty of worse characters. Richie Aprile for one I think was way more sinister.

Not everything is black and white

Tony had the cop kill Dickie

>9k hours

Attached: al pacino.png (634x706, 517K)

>was the sociopathic criminal boss the bad guy?
Yes. Yet because he's the protagonist, viewers will inherently empathize and root for his success. Nothing wrong with that, but you can also recognize that he was a bad person.

Based based based
Can you make a version that keeps the shadow under his arm?

I mean, even in his flashbacks as a kid, we get petty shit that could never account for his attitudes in his adult life. Most of his insecurities come from his mother, but his panics attacks never seem to be triggered by his actual wrong doings, just weird expressions of his conscious and intuition through dreams. He almost always has a fat grin on his face when buisness is good. I doubt a normal person can live a life were he can manage living a sort of regular life with his family and friends (filled with all the emotional shit that goes with it), and then act nonchalant when doing his mob stuff. Till the end of the series he always saw therapy as a means for him to perfom better at his current life and not change it. Though I think theres a clesr progression of his character until he becomes completely inmoral.

yeah, i was wanting to keep some of that depth, but it would have meant retaining some of the van door -- i'll give it a think and see what i can do

in the meantime, here's an experiment where i took his right arm out the pic

Attached: robert de niro.png (634x706, 518K)

yes. almost everyone in the sopranos are bad people. that's the point

experimenting with replacing shadow to add depth

Attached: that dude from goodfellas.png (634x706, 516K)

nope, that looks terrible

Ralph showed flashes of being able to self-reflect, particularly in the episode when he dies. He cries when he first appears over Tony's mother's death. May be partly put on, sure, but he's not a complete psychopath.

Other characters, like Livia and Phil, consistently displayed a brutal and debased worldview. A lot of people say Richie, but he was really just a jumped-up wannabe big shot.

Johnny Boy Soprano does not get much screen time but from what we can see he's despicable. He neglects his kids, spends time with a vacuous whore while his wife nearly dies in the hospital, and orders Tony to commit his first murder (also likely pushed him into the mob life).

he killed adriana. yea hes bad

Attached: 895000dd541966946d1fab87cc81c39b.png (540x300, 239K)

Have you heard the good news?

Attached: goodnews.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Adriana killed herself for being a moron
Chrissy killed Ade for dragging a moron into his life

she was a moron, but had a good heart. no matter how much i watched the show, i rooted for the fbi and the snitches. tonys a disgusting piece of shit.

No. Tony is an anti-social monster in every respect. However, the point of the show is that he does have a soul, and he is consumed with guilt and shame about his behavior.

Melfi tries her best to get Tony to see through the denial he is in, and past all the blame and anger he puts on his mother for not protecting him from his father leading him into a life of crime and moral depravity, and to quit the mafia and try to redeem himself.

Tony does not do this, and in the end he is shot and killed and he goes to hell.

Adrianna was going to send everyone to jail, her death was one of the more logical ones.

only good person on the show

so moral atrocities are okay when they're to escape consequences from other moral atrocities?

Attached: 1549529153087.jpg (645x1000, 92K)

2nd go

Attached: that dude from goodfellas.png (634x706, 526K)

nah, i still can't get it -- will make a coffee and think some more

JUST BUSINESS

REAL GREASEBALL SHIT

Yes. All she had to do was immediately approach Tony when the Feds picked her up. Her status as a fiancé of a made man would have ensured her safety, they'd have gotten her out of Jersey and somewhere safe, maybe to Italy. But she was stupid and talked to the feds.
Quit trying to be moral and use that as a standard, wisdom trumps morality. Morality is only as good as it is convenient; morality is a form of currency and Ade was in a society where it had little value.

Ralph also laments over the idea that he could have been an architect, or something else besides a gangster. YOu could tell it made Tony very angry.

To a gazelle, every lion is a monster. But when a lion comes home to his fambly with a dead gazelle in his jaws, he's a provider.

Ralphie beat the shit out of the girl who was bearing his child over an insult, you can't sink lower than that.

If Adrianna was smart, she may have done something like this. But if she was smart, she would've known all these goombah meatheads are selfish lying psychopaths that will literally murder old women in their bedrooms for a few bucks, and trusting them to take care of her on the lam would be about as smart as trusting the FBI. If she was smart, she would've just hauled ass out of there on her own, like in her fantasy. If she was smart.

Adrianna was not a smart character. And thats why its all the more tragic that she was manipulated and disposed of the way she was.

Please, Adrianna was well aware of what was happening and who those men were. She knew Christopher killed people, and she knew the code of the Omertà. She had plenty of reasons to leave Chris from the drug usage to the occasional physical assault. You can do many wrong things in the mafia and live, squeeling is not one of those couple or three things.

Why are we shooting all my scenes first, David?

Attached: 1548486709967.jpg (636x529, 23K)

ANyone seen Gomorrah? It makes the Sopranos look like a damn sitcom.

>watch the interview
>Tony is now a demented old bat who stutters and forgets what was being discussed mid sentence
I feel bad for him

Attached: 1561557362035m.jpg (1024x1024, 92K)

wonder how many of the actors involved in the show were contacted by actual mobsters

You're not wrong, although lol "omerta" literally every character on the show was wearing a wire by the end. My point is just that she was an idiot. You can't expect this pififul dumb thot to be able to play the feds, who are intimidating her on trumped up drug charges. She doesn't even ask for a lawyer! I'm not saying she was an innocent, but she was a retard, and she was manipulated and abused by both sides of the law. There really isn't any justification for her murder either way, but don't cat like there is no heavy burden of moral atrocity and Tony's feet, and the show makes this visually very explicit.

tony sirico was an actual mobster

delet

Attached: 1qfwZyT.jpg (709x765, 72K)

Tony Sirico and Vincent Pastore went to a Colombo X-mas party one year.

The actors for Larry and Albert Barese both got busted separately for being in the cocaine business (can’t help but wonder if that was mob related).

I want to say there are others, but I can’t remember right now.

youtu.be/cSUFaSVPCRQ
The video for those that are interested.

Kinda depressing to see them all aged and worn, but I'd tap that Meadow desu.

C. That wasn't my kid she was carrying
D. I was on a lot of coke
E. I don't give a fuck what any little slit thinks of me
F. They didn't have flat tops in ancient Rome
G. I was born handsome instead of rich
H. There was a lot of wine that night
I. She slipped, she fell, I don't know
J. It was the Indians and the commie fucks
K. I had my hearing aids turned down
L. I caught the clap from some hippie broad I was fucking
M. She wanted to stick a dildo up my ass, make believe she was pimpin' me out
N. He wasn't that smart to begin with
O. Fucking Gladiator ya fuck
P. She didn't even say hello to me
Q. She was a cock sucking slob
R. 350 only buys you a hello
S. My balls were bigger than an Irish broads ass
T. No accountability, this kid
U. She was a little pig- headed if you ask me
V. Last year, you believed a flyin' saucer was over East Rutherford.
W. I had to reclaim Rome for my people
X. I hear Ginny Sack's getting a ninety five pound mole taken off her ass
Y. It was a fucking hooarse
Z. I can be on time tomorrow but you'll be stupid forever

Attached: ralph and john.png (1696x864, 1.96M)

>when they talk about Jimmy

Attached: 1518750036611.png (489x325, 119K)

Yes, he is one of the baddest guys in TV history but he is charming too.

He’s not a bad guy
He’s not a good guy
He’s THE guy