Taika Waititi’s ‘Akira’ Movie Officially Casting A Young Asian Cast To Play Kaneda’s Gang and The Espers –...

>Taika Waititi’s ‘Akira’ Movie Officially Casting A Young Asian Cast To Play Kaneda’s Gang and The Espers – Character Breakdowns Leak
oh thank god

hnentertainment.co/taika-waititi-akira-movie-officially-casting-a-young-asian-cast-to-play-kanedas-gang-and-the-espers-character-breakdowns-leak/

Attached: 1530950657076.png (1068x816, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/1001440
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wait so is it gonna be Asians in Asia speaking English?

THEY SHOULD BE WHITE

yesss
The roaring 20s will be the decade of animu. Move over capeshit

But how will we tell the characters apart?

If Ariel can be black, why can't Kaneda be white? Good question.

Not sure if you saw the show but they all have different jackets? Hello?

hopefully they won't pull the shitty trend of dying their hair purple or some shit. but I'd seriously would like to see some k-pop influence instead.

Attached: 1557145706908.jpg (1200x800, 271K)

They just announced a 4K remaster of the original Akira, a new series that will adapt the whole manga and Otomo is directing a new movie called orbital era

Attached: D-rYtmeUEAAU1qz.jpg (450x650, 42K)

>Adapting the manga instead of the movie
Thank god. At least it will make some sense to the people who are unfamiliar with it.

bless this man

Attached: Taika Waititi.png (414x480, 394K)

>orbital era

HOLY
SHIT

THIS

MAKES

ME

HARD

AS

DIAMONDS

Attached: 1542535475824.gif (100x100, 255K)

>more filthy remake of beloved franchised

P-please... m-make it stop...

Attached: Suspension-of-Disbelief-2018-956x1024.jpg (956x1024, 231K)

Hey if white people can do it, what's the problem?

Attached: Holdo.png (1306x1916, 2.83M)

Gonna need some diversity. Let this guy play the colonel.

Attached: Erik-king.jpg (719x1024, 86K)

>rugged teenage street gang bikers
>K-pop

I despise your vacuous existence

NGE live action when?

Technically Akira's setting is Neo-tokyo which is in Japan which isn't in Asia but on an archipelago right off the coast of Asia.

Why would I watch this shit? The characters were drawn white and they even looked white in the anime. Why would anyone want to watch a cast of Asians?

They looked pretty asiany to me compared to most other anime

>The plot takes place in the near-future on a space colony under construction. It is an action-adventure story following the lives of some young boys surviving in this peculiar environment and society as they are tossed around by fate. “The reality found in mankind's future” will be depicted through their perspective.

Attached: orbital era.jpg (450x650, 62K)

akira is one the most faithfully asian looking anime there is

Attached: 1544787306329.jpg (640x360, 53K)

>mfw they cast a bunch of jungle Asians and not a single nip

Attached: 29gvcu5_d-01.jpg (467x528, 77K)

They looked pretty Asian but you are right not to watch it in this political climate coming out of Hollywood.

Not one of them will be Japanese & it will bomb in Japan

Americans think Japanese want to see Han Chinese Americans in Japanese roles

When is the last time you saw a mainstream Hollywood film that wasn't in English?

Can't be a worse adaptation than the anime was.

They're all white, Hirohito.

It will be a mixed cast of Asians with maybe one Japanese actor if you are lucky.

WHY ARE NIPPONESE SO RAYCIS??

I nominate Ezra Miller (who is Asian) for Akira, and Joji for Kaneda

Attached: ezra-miller-750x.jpg (750x422, 40K)

It's going to be shit because again, the animated film is convoluted stuffed SHIT, wonderful animation and music aside.
It's awful, and does the zipperhead mangos a disservice.
There's simply way too much to shove into a flick.

It will be English with random Japanese phrases thrown in now and then to remind you they're Japanese.

I've honestly never like the second half of the mange. Very poorly paced, repetitive, and just generally uninteresting. Also Akira being a mute autistic kid is much less interesting than the movie version. Still Orbital Era seems great.

No, the Jews know they don't. The Jews were sent by the devil to torture all peoples.

It's not going to be based off of the film

im still not convinced that this guy has no asian blood in him.

Attached: 1557329322534.jpg (401x271, 23K)

Miller is 0% Asian

Like kawaii desu ne

>Shohei Yoshida — Kodansha's editorial director, fourth division, and deputy executive director, rights/media business division — commented that some of Otomo's works were edited when compiled into book volumes before, so this new project presents an opportunity to restore those works to how they appeared in their original serialized form.
Definitive version of the manga in english

Pretty much 95% of anime characters look Japanese to me. They sure as hell look nothing like westerners

>AKIRA
>Live-Action
Fuck OFF!

The Japanese think anime characters look white. To me they look as much like people as Barney looks like a dinosaur.

To be fair, a japanese who can kind of act but speaks great English would drown in roles in this day and age.

they look like ayys

>The Japanese think anime characters look white.
Yeah, I can guarantee that you've never been to Japan

I wish he cast niggers instead just to watch the shitshow as SJW heads explode. This movie will be garbage anyway.

this one is in Neo-New York

Ufology is big business.

The definitive version is the Marvel colorized version.

He looks Asian though

Anything but Niggers

It is come up in the past in interviews, etc.

Right there with you. I actually think the movie did an incredible job getting the main theme of the series across while keeping it short as to not make the audience lose interest after Japan gets esper bombed a second and third time.

Attached: a.jpg (597x1067, 167K)

Asian leads can't draw dimes. This is why Shinsuke and Asuka both failed.

are you sarcasm deficient?

Why do white people hate seeing Asian leads? They have no problem with black or female ones.

he's right though. japs think most manga/anime characters look japanese, while us whites think most of them look white.
take goku, he's very asian but since his skin isn't yellow we think he's us.

If Ariel can be black, why can't Kaneda be Trans-homo? Ftfy

why anime characters don´t have slanted eyes then?

Goku is an alien who lives in China. He's suppose to look Chinese.

circle lenses

Attached: a1.jpg (640x646, 145K)

Luckily no one cares or acknowledges your racist opinons /pol/cel weeb. Stay mad.

>film adaptation of manga that’s heavily inspired by the bombing of Japan during WW2 taking place/filming in the US
>”b-but we got generally looking Asian people for the cast!”
It’s like he only did that so retarded internet babies didn’t cry about whitewashing or something.

Seething.

Attached: 1562209923414.jpg (296x288, 11K)

I wouldn't be mad desu.

Fuck off racist piece of shit. Stop trying to take roles from PoC.

Pan's Labyrinth

He can play the clown.

Attached: clown.gif (450x253, 927K)

The Passion of the Christ

Its gonna be shit, do you remember DBZ?

Why are Asians so racist?

Attached: quartznews.png (1318x984, 1.46M)

This movie has been an on and off endeavor for years.
God I hope they get into post production at least

>irrational

niggers always make the best hollywood general

based

>you
>having sex
Pick one.

All I know is I called Swedish people Saiyans. I've never called a Japanese a Saiyan.

Also Naruto is blatantly white.

>(((Ezra Miller)))

Naruto has whiskers. He's a cat.

i dont want to see kaori die again

Why was the point of this post? Seriously.
Have sex.

Shalom!

He inherited everything he needed to from his non-Jew mother. Literally kino genetics.

Attached: ezra ethnicity parents.jpg (1139x823, 143K)

White people have whiskers. Asians don't.

Nominating a Jew for an Asian role is the kind of nepotism you can expect from Jews and Hollywood. It is all so tiresome. It is ScarJo as the Major all over again. What a joke.

Akira is a pretty boring movie with production value literally unheard of in Japan before or since.
People that worked on it are like people that were in ILM during the original star wars: they went on to touch every aspect of their industry after developing the techniques to make the film.
Since any Akira adaptation would be devoid of that, it loses any meaning at all.

pretty much dis

>It is ScarJo as the Major all over again. What a joke.

so what? stop acting like a lil bitch

White people don't have fox whiskers.

Didn't have to tell him twice not to hire white people, he would've recast Thor as a Maori if he'd had the chance.

I think she's meant to be from a planet where humans simply have purple hair.

by hair color of course you dumb dumb

Planet Hollywood

White people fuck foxes, so they definitely have fox whisker genes.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

I'm 5 days older than this guy

Attached: 8d2dfe0f.jpg (224x225, 6K)

White people are pussies confirmed

Hopefully it's a trilogy, because you can't tell that story in one movie.

Are you handsome too user?

Attached: ezra vampire.jpg (709x807, 81K)

That guy looks so fucking weird. No wonder they cast him as a villain.

He looks like a more handsome version of the "Night Stalker" serial killer

>implying this solves the problem
They shouldn't be making the movie at all.

It's gonna be a bunch of Yanks and zero Japanese

tell that to taka watata and his reddit fanboy army

Holy shit, he totally does. How did I not ever notice this before?

Attached: ramirez.jpg (500x497, 35K)

It's pretty uncanny actually, yeah. He could probably do a good biopic on him if they end up making more serial killer kino like the Efron/Bundy one they just made.

Attached: 595cf196c38ce763abec18ac5f40b283--ezra-miller-to-play.jpg (720x960, 94K)

I was just thinking that. We've never gotten a good or even a mediocre Richard Ramirez movie, have we?

Not that I can think of

That’s what I thought at first too but it’s literally in the canon character description that she dyes her hair because she’s rebellious

Asians? That's dumb

And who is tahika Kanata kuntakinta?

wtf why aren't they black fucking racist. we wuz esperz n shiet

because people like you keep shooting up theaters

>Taika Waititi

Attached: 1532262048382.jpg (301x490, 26K)

>They just announced a 4K remaster of the original Akira,

Don't count on it being better than the original. Remasters often aren't. The best version of Ghost in the Shell by far is an HDTV rip close to the original DVD. The Bluray sucks.

Akira already looks amazing and >muh resolution fags have their priorities wrong.

>Akira is a pretty boring movie with production value literally unheard of in Japan before or since.

I sort of agree, the story, pacing and characters are very messy, but I think it's an oppurtunity. And I don't think the art of the original is even the strongest part. The strongest part is the worldbuilding, the setting and the design. All the different factions in the city, the cults, the govt, military, street gangs, terrorists, etc. The world of the film. It's not just an amazing animation test.

But the actual story and use of the characters aren't that great. So I think an adaptation by someone who does understand character drama could be amazing. They'll obviously never live up to the art, but they could do the worldbuilding justice. And that's the real strength. And the fact that the original is flawed just makes a remake worthwhile and gives them oppurtunity to make something that is better in some ways and not redundant.

are they gonna cast Chinese to play japanese?

Fuck off, faggot.

>irrational

Next have him make Full Metal Alchemist and actually make the Elrichs white like they're fucking supposed to be

>those shirts
Apparently blacks in China dress like white douchebags in the 2000s

If you think this is bad ur an SJW faggot

you better not be fucking lying

Attached: 1561171460360.gif (400x400, 867K)

perfect

it's about time

Attached: What was that.png (128x106, 37K)

There is a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray of Ghost in the Shell and it blows the HDTVRip out of the water.
The AKIRA Blu-ray has some flaws so a 4K HDR is going to be great.
Not to mention that the film apparently has more colours than your typical animated film and analogue film inherently has more colour depth than SDR, so HDR10 is going to be a real boon.

>Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Mandarin)
>The Passion of the Christ (Aramaic/Latin/Hebrew)
>Apocalypto (Mayan)
>Pan's Labyrinth (Spanish)

that image is fucking retarded. Ever heard of artstyle ?

Thank god. Thought they were gonna do Neo New York or some dumb shit.

Have you actually compared them

>the picture quality of this release is pristine, substantially better than ALL currently available Bluray rips, even the 4k remux one. That’s rare to see! I’ve downloaded multiple releases and compared them side-by-side on multiple scenes. This wins by miles. don’t lose your time getting other versions.

is what autists on nyaa have to say about this version:
nyaa.si/view/1001440

I watched it the other day and it looked gorgeous. I am in general very skeptical about remasters. They so often end up losing detail.

Attached: 0889e1277801faf8bf598125c310e1a5.png (1920x1040, 2.08M)

Are they really making a life action Akira movie? For what purpose?

BASED TAIKA WAITITI DOES IT AGAIN

nah he wouldnt. what are you basing that on?

finally more Taika kino

Attached: 1562059405153.png (720x416, 694K)

>tetsuo
>kaneda
pure anglo-saxon names

What the fuck? Is that guy Joji's brother or something. He has the same last name and they look really similar.

should have made it an all white cast to try out something new

I'd rather an all black cast.

Attached: 1562293972835.png (308x300, 63K)

These retards confuse grain for details so don't trust them.

He made Valkyrie black and said her race doesn’t matter because sToRy iS KiNg but now he’s concerned with race? I knew he was a racist that was full of shit.

>hire an indie comedy guy to do your sci-fi anime adaptation
>w-why did you make it funny?
it's gonna be Solo all over again

someone failed grade school geography

Akira outside Japan is fucking dumb. The story is so intricately woven with themes and details connected with Japanese culture, it makes no sense to set it elsewhere.

This movie is inherantly a failure. By its very nature it cannot succeed. The only good idea would be to base an American film on American themes inspired by what Akira says about Japan. Yet then you are not making Akira, you are making a whole other animal.

Attached: 1550111657932.jpg (660x371, 31K)

Asia is a continent. Japan is a chain of islands.

>Taika Waititi’
I don't actually hate this guy's films. Thor Ragnarok was kind of dogshit but he generally makes fun movies.

I really don't feel confident about this film. It's either going to be a weird piece taking place in Tokyo but westernized, or something set in America which could lead to a shitshow.

You do know this was make by gook right? They do it just to shit on jap and people like you right.

isnt L french and Yagami is mixed?

Asians aren't POC they are with the whites.

bump

Yagami is japanese, L is mixed ("a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian")

i would say this is sarcasm, but this place has been so infested by virtue signaling cucks lately that I can't tell

>my reaction picture means I win