Banal, meaningless, boring and overrated shit for the most part, with the only exception being the cinematography

>banal, meaningless, boring and overrated shit for the most part, with the only exception being the cinematography
>the moment they find Kurtz, suddenly turns into instant trippy kino
Why? I know Coppola had no vision and no funds to finish this movie but he was so determined to end it he basically forced it through, Hopper and Brando didn't give a fuck and actors were stoned as fuck and no one really cared. So I guess the last 10 minutes of pure kino was just a fluke? No one would fucking care about this movie if it wasn't for the ending, and maybe the Ride of the Valkyries part.

Attached: rsz_apocalypse-9-willard.jpg (800x596, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G3D6IqaflzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1561162106349.png (856x846, 85K)

dumb faggot: the thread

Sheen gives the performance of his life, so I'd say it's pretty good for that, faggot.

>banal, meaningless, boring and overrated shit for the most part
Die

>t. doesn’t love the smell of napalm in the morning

Seething

Yes, banal and meaningless, just like literally every other american-made "war" movie, faggot. Watch "Come and See" or something.

(You)

>banal

Attached: 1561211189325.jpg (647x778, 83K)

sometimes I fantisize what this movie would have been like if brando got steroid tier ripped and actually read heart of darkness

>I literally can't believe someone doesn't like my burger movie, this is literally not possible, this has to be a bait, my brain can't process it, they always told me american movies are the best, they have oscars and other made-up criteria of quality!

Attached: 1500111898490.jpg (1010x568, 130K)

It's actually a Belgian Congo movie but okay.

(You)

Produced and distributed by americans with typically american cheesiness.

Why are you so obsessed with Americans

Because they are obsessed with imposing their shitty standards on others, and european cinema is overall better. Only npcs will deny it.

I literally don't understand why are you faggots complaining; I said I liked the last 10 minutes, it was great. And despite being overrated, it's still the best american war movie, miles above cringe-fests like Saving Private Ryan or Schindler's List.

Attached: 38846-Reason_3.png (700x380, 345K)

(You)

Yeah, other than the opening with "This is the End", the mirror/injury scene, the "terminate with extreme prejudice" scene, the Ride of the Valkyries scene, the "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" scene, the "don't look at the camera" scene, the tiger scene, the sampan scene, the Do Long Bridge scene, the arrival scene, the sacrifice/assassination scene, the cinematography, and the performances of Martin Sheen, Robert Duvall, Laurence Fishburne, Dennis Hopper, and Marlon Brando, there's not much to like

For a guy that didn't read the source material Brando did a damn good job of playing a guy at the end of his mental tether.

All meme scenes, reddit tier one liners etc. As I said: Brando didn't give a fuck and didn't know shit about the book, Hopper was stoned as fuck and also didn't give a shit and you can see that in his acting. Sheen was fine, although he had like two faces; the lost puppy look and the "my mind is empty" look.

Based

>it's still the best american war movie
I love how people like you rag on about American cinema whilst also having a surface-level knowledge of it

>shitting on unsurpassed works of art will make me automatically intelligent

What movie?

Armageddon Currently

Apocalypse, Later

Big Trouble Presently

Attached: butt.jpg (432x288, 15K)

Chaos At This Time

the do long bridge scene is the one right before they get into cambodia, right? Top tier scene

Same tier as Come and See, perhaps a little higher because of Come and See's laughable ending. Atleast namedrop something patrician like Homeland Iraq Year Zero if you're going to try this shit.

Gotem

>Because they are obsessed with imposing their shitty standards on others
More like the whole world loves importing and consuming American culture. That's what really bothers you

>loves
They're conditioned to love it, just like they love fast food. This is how cultural colonialism works.

Butthurting normies /thread

youtube.com/watch?v=G3D6IqaflzM
they cut too much out

Attached: 1405620684043.jpg (432x288, 21K)

Attached: 1405637871249.png (300x200, 39K)

Martin Sheen cared. He gave one of the greatest acting performances of all time.

Yeah the only redeeming aspect of everything besides the ending is the internal rhythm feels so nice and everything flows great. Honestly the movie is pretty terrible and cheesy but Coppola perfectly nailed the rhythm.

I love this post combination