What are some of the saddest documentaries you've ever seen?

What are some of the saddest documentaries you've ever seen?

Attached: 1561062079114.jpg (888x499, 98K)

Two alcoholic documentaries come to mind.

Rain in my Heart - a British documentary on 4 alcoholics who are coming in and out of hospital for treatment. 2 of them died during filming: one of them being an older man who'd actually gave up drinking for years, he just couldn't escape the damage he'd done to his body from years of alcohol abuse; the other was a young woman in her 20's. It's a harrowing documentary and I implore everyone to give it a watch to get a better understanding of alcohol addiction. It can be found on YouTube if you search the title.

The other is Louis Theroux's Drinking To Oblivion. The way these people's lives are slipping out of their control, and how they are almost powerless to the demon drink is really eye-opening.

I grew up with an alcoholic step-father who I no longer see due to my mother leaving him as the grip of alcohol tightened on him, so they kind of hit close to home.

Fat "people" are not people, do not feel sad for them. I will feel more sad when I have to replace my couch than when a fat person dies. My couch has contributed more to society and is more pleasing to look at.

Attached: 1535414833039.png (1334x750, 2.05M)

I don't feel sad for him because he's fat, I feel sad for him because he volunteers his precious time for free to moderate a Chilean Sea Bass cooking forum.

>sad

This guy was awful. Always moaning how it was everyone else's fault. I'm glad he's dead.

Imagine if you had to clean up everyone's shit every day, an no one paid you for it. You'd moan and complain too.

Dear Zachary

Alcoholism isn’t real. People fuck up their lives and all they have is drinking, but even that stops being fun.

You foolish nigger that IS alcoholism

Sad story but the editing was kind of shitty.

>dependence on a substance to operate isn't real

Why do we shame alcoholics but not fat people?

Attached: 1542796845534.jpg (578x2655, 296K)

Why cant we just lock fatties in a room and just slide lettuce and water under the door?

>hurr its so they can learn self-discilpline so they can remain skinny.
I dont care I wanna see fatties locked in cages

How do we shame anyone anymore? It seems like that piece of societal checks and balances has gone out the window in the era of tolerance.

A remanent of a bygone era.

Attached: 1556224539325.jpg (698x976, 133K)

One consumes a drug and the other a "food".

kill the fatties and feed them to starving africans

yeah jesus, an the way the whole fucking documentary doesn't even seem to take what should be his own personal story seriously. It's like almost cliffhangers level of trying to pull you into this horrible story. The narrator seem soooo fucking detached from what the kid and everything, it's like he's narrating some weird local tv thing. Yeah, I had a hard time feeling anything when it just felt like badly written crime with neat plot hooks, not the horrible tragedy of mental illness and murder. fuck

kek those subs

jannies eternally BTFO

Based

>It costs NHS 250 pounds per day to deal with each fatty
>People think America should have universal healthcare
System would collapse instantly.

Was it a power play?

Attached: 3a47dc4b891a59b6b973a8b17a7b12e5.jpg (533x400, 36K)

We don't berate alcoholics. We literally tell them their poor choices are the result of a disease and that they aren't at fault. This is why most addicts don't recover.

streetwise (1984)

>Dreams of a Life

imo it's basically a study of how you can ruin your entire life and only chance of love and not realise until 5 or 10 years down the road

Attached: 1541435311268.jpg (1029x1029, 166K)

>alcoholism isn't real
>people just have a dependance on it

WE GOT A LIVE ONE HERE BOYS

>That one guy who stopped drinking
>Then his dad died and he started drinking again
>Completely fucks up his life

All these moments lost, like tears in the rain