Why is it so good bros? I cry at the end every time

Why is it so good bros? I cry at the end every time.

Attached: 40AF8578-EBA5-4F95-B46B-9458A1467565.jpg (1000x562, 327K)

reminder that the director is a shitter and can't play music himself

>i cri evrytiem
c'mon. it's not that good.

Yes it is. It's a movie about becoming an artist. It's a perfect movie.
Woah, so relevant to the film's worth.

it matters because it paints a shitty and unrealistic perception of what its like to play music. The director can't play and it shows. Makes the whole movie a fucking joke that can't be taken seriously.

>I cry at the end every time
Swing Girls did it better

i agree. it feels like a football/basketball underdog story but they just replaced sports with playing music and figured it's the same thing.

Why did they allow the former leader of the Aryan Brotherhood to teach young adults? And what the fuck were they expecting in terms of abuse, when they suddenly decided to fire him for being mean to his prags?

You don't hire a man who is known for branding swastikas on peoples asses and then fire him when he yells at the students. It's unethical.

Attached: 1552139511023.png (894x773, 48K)

Except Chazelle has a musical background, Tanner the gay drummer is a professional musician and trained Teller for the movie who also had been drumming since age 15. You're grossly misinformed and a contrarian pseud faggot.

Except Neiman was never an underdog the entire story. He was the best at Schafer, but he still only performed as to what was expected of him. At all his time at Schafer he never transcended. But finally when Fletcher tries to ruin his career as musician forever, Neiman transcends, and Fletcher sees it.

>Chazelle has a musical background
Yes I know that faggot. I thought I remember reading somewhere where the director admitted to being a shitter and admitting he couldn't play in a college jazz band. Hence why he's a shitter. Anybody who watched this movie who's ever played in a band knows it full of shit.

Please explain why it's full of shit. The only point you've made is Damien Chazelle isn't a good musician which isn't a valid point when talking about the movie.
>inb4 it is a valid point.
Explain why this movie is bad. You can't. You self-righteous little prick.

>movie about driving
>director can't drive
BAD!

>movie about terrorism
>director not IS, not even RAF
BAD!

>movie about space
>director not from space

BAD!

>movie about driving and cars calls the muffler a carborator
>point out the director doesn't drive or know anything about cars
>dude you can't criticize the director for not knowing what he's talking about!!!!

I started crying during the rushing or dragging scene because Simmons was incredibly reminiscent of my dad who used to treat me just like that. Only in my case he wanted to be an amazing baseball player like he was in high school/college and I was a complete spazz who hated sports

Onions boy angst.

I don't know bro. If you are musician and have insight into the subject of this movie it is hard to watch. I suppose its the same when a doctor watches a doctor in a movie do something totally unrealistic that they would never ever do in real life and try to watch it with a straight face. It's like watching that one episode of CSI with gamergate but on a much lesser scale.

not him, but, I understand where you're coming from, yet that doesn't cancel out the human experience being told. like, manchester by the sea is a real town right next to me, and it's absolutely loaded rich wasps, it's a far cry from the gritty blue collar town the movie portrays it as, but it's still kino

Who cares about some kike drummer?

The drum solo at the end was trash. Any drum solo is tbhfam. Its more a physical feat that you can beat off that fast than it is a musical one pleasing to the ears. My eyes are impressed but my ears are disgusted.

It’s a good movie but I hate that whenever it’s mentioned, pretentious music fags have to come out of the woodwork to tell everyone that it’s not an accurate portrayal of musicians. Who fucking cares how realistic it is? That’s not really the point of film

>watching movies for realism
you sound like a fag

people who shit on Whiplash for "not even being accurate drumming" are the same people who shit on Drumline for not being an accurate portrayal of college bands

these people are shit who never have fun with anything

>movie gets almost everything wrong about its subject matter
>dude you can't complain about it because its just a movie!
You sound like idiot.

>movies are only supposed to be realistic any type of exaggeration for effect is bad
yeah you are a fag

You might be unironically autistic if you’re upset that a movie isn’t a 100% accurate depiction of real life

nigga it's not a documentary it's a movie on someone trying to be the best they want something I'm sure you can't relate to since you sit on your ass

>muh realism
you might be autistic bro

Everyone in this thread is a fag except me.

jeez you sound lame

It's a film that roasties will never understand.
So of course it's in my top 20.

Raimi would have done a better job.

n