Can anyone recommend me a movie like Meet the Feebles? It doesn't have to be featuring puppets or stuff like that...

Can anyone recommend me a movie like Meet the Feebles? It doesn't have to be featuring puppets or stuff like that, I mean a movie where there is a blatant disregard for life as characters are killed off randomly throughout the movie, and it ends with 90% of the cast dying. Ideally the movie would end with some kind of cathartic release for the characters. If music plays a prominent role in the movie that's a plus too. The only movie I found that's close to what I like would be Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Although it would be cool to learn about more movies with entirely puppet or costumed characters for the cast.

Attached: feebles poster.jpg (600x839, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NFl_r2StkRU
vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/the-esoteric-interpretation-of-pinocchio/
youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes
youtube.com/watch?v=GiFPvqnzK9g
youtube.com/watch?v=ffl4HDp-_S4
youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ6PDiP014
youtube.com/watch?v=8MlYBcRr-dU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Team America

green room

fritz the cat

You should watch Dead Alive next, the other Peter Jackson kino before LOTR

If you're looking for something more musical I suggest Repo! The Genetic Opera, but you'll either love it or hate it.

Thanks! I've seen team america and Dead alive, but not fritz the cat, green room, or Repo! I'll check them out.

Another movie I remembered that was similar was little shop of horrors. Although there are two endings depending on if you prefer if the villian wins or the hero wins. Personally I like the latter ending better because I love sweet stuff like that (the character Robert in meet the feebles and his relationship with his girlfriend was very cute), but the puppetry in the villain win ending for little shop is very impressive.

I love it when movies have a character singing, or being sung to while they are dying, especially if it's towards the end.

Attached: little-1.jpg (1600x900, 236K)

Oh, I forgot, sweeney todd is also a good one. Very dark and gruesome. Fun concept though. Does anyone know if there a good play version of it that's been recorded? I've only seen the film but I know it was originally a play.

Attached: sweeney_todd_xlg.jpg (973x1440, 321K)

Poultrygeist, the tv show Superjail and the anime Angel Beats.

Attached: 1543241144741.jpg (640x640, 46K)

The Happytime Murderers. Watch it for the senseless killing and puppets.

the feast trilogy.

deathrow gameshow

The thumbnail of OP pic makes her nose look like a pair of boobies.

Attached: 1507449873210.gif (220x174, 136K)

wow Yea Forums actually made a good thread.

Interesting, angel beats? I remember hearing about it a while ago but it never caught my attention, but I'll give it a look. I've seen superjail though, very fun show! Another cartoon I like is happy tree friends, similar concept of character brutally dying every episode. Aqua teen hunger force can be similar, but it's mostly a comedy show. Poultrygeist I've seen only a little bit of, but I enjoyed what I did see.
I'll also check these out, thank you!

You should watch the movie sometime! Early peter jackson work. All puppets and practical effects. It's very fun, especially the ending! youtube.com/watch?v=NFl_r2StkRU

Gantz: O, very good animated flick. Everyone is already dead at the start and then they die again to monsters.

Interesting! I've read the manga gantz but I didn't know they made a movie adaptation for it! Although it's mostly mindless violence, it still is good fun.

Another animated movie I've grown to appreciate over the years is Pinocchio. Lots of dark concepts and moments in the film. The ending where pinocchio dies to save geppetto is heart wrenching, it makes the ending where he becomes a real boy so much more touching.

Attached: Pinocchio_Concept_Animation66S.jpg (1418x1041, 394K)

vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/the-esoteric-interpretation-of-pinocchio/

Fascinating read, thank you for sharing! I always loved stories that had the underlying subtext of religious elements and innocent characters facing the horrors of the world. This clip is a bit in your face with the religious elements, but I still enjoy it none the less. Lots of deaths in it too, very gruesome, even without gore. youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes

Have another piece of Pinocchio concept art.

Attached: pinocchioconcept.jpg (1367x400, 806K)

yes this animation is somewhat infamous. very creepy. anyway im going to bed, good luck with your thread.

the kaiji anime is also somewhat in the theme of disregarding life, maybe check that out too.

Attached: 1547839913182.jpg (1024x560, 132K)

God Bless America

Attached: heylaserlips.jpg (1800x1012, 103K)

Yes, FKMT is very good at writing human misery. Personally I like akagi more, but Kaiji does fit the theme of this thread better.

I remember seeing this, very funny and over the top!

Another movie I remembered is This is the End. I know many people do not like some of the comedians in it, but it does a great job slowly killing off the cast. Some pretty funny deaths too.

I remember hearing about that movie sausage party. I saw some clips of many characters dying, both the humans and the food characters. Is it like that throughout the movie or is it just a few moments?

Attached: thisistheend.jpg (1382x2048, 781K)

If you don't mind anime, watch the movies for Space Runner Ideon ("A Contact" and "Be Invoked") for an ending where the entire fucking universe dies. It's preceded by tons of completely senseless deaths, and cemented the director's nickname of "Kill Em All" Tomino.

If you're really impatient, don't worry. Someone made a montage of the deaths. youtube.com/watch?v=GiFPvqnzK9g

Attached: 250px-IdeonMovie_BD[1].jpg (250x314, 32K)

Currently watching Repo! The Genetic Opera. So far I'm enjoying it, I love the cuts to the comic book type imagery. In general I love movies that mix different media types together. Stuff like the anime scene in kill bill, or in Run Lola Run where theres a brief moment of animation or sequences with just photographs.

I also remembered another film that fits the theme of disreguard for human life. Brawl in Cell Block 99. Excellent film. Very slow burn but it's worth every second!

Attached: brawl.jpg (1012x1500, 628K)

little shop of horrors stage ending is just long and boring.

I'm fine with anime! Cartoons and anime can give the director the chance for some really brutal and fun stuff that wouldn't work as well even with practical effects.

Also, I'll hold off on watching that youtube clip. I like to learn a bit about the world and setting before seeing characters die. In Meet the Feebles the world is so strange, its interesting seeing how the characters live and work before they die. Plus I don't want to ruin the surprises!

Are there any of anime films by this director that are worth checking out?

Yes, that is also a reason I was not as much of a fan of it. I've only seen it once, and skimmed it on other viewings. Audrey II is such a fun villain though, great voice and songs. As well as a fantastic puppet, it's great seeing him eat people and destroy cities. Although yes I do agree with you, it goes on for a bit too long if you aren't interested in the destruction, mawshots, death, etc. They could have ended it right after he eats Seymour, maybe with a brief epilogue.

Attached: little-shop-of-horrors-01.jpg (580x326, 29K)

the big moving backdrop thing is kinda neat on its own, unique in theater.

Well those are the only movies I might recommend, because they're usually summaries of 50+ episode series. In Ideon's case, I think they do a decent job of condensing it down while maintaining such a high body count.

If you're interested in other anime that has senseless violence, then the original Devilman movies are great. I would say better than "Devilman: Crybaby," the reboot recently released by Netflix.

You will find that in the 80s and early 90s, there was a lot of really, really violent anime coming out of Japan. Things like Genocyber, Violence Jack (it's on the label) and Angel Cop.

It's also hard to believe nobody's recommended The Happening yet. The premise is that people are just beginning to commit suicide en masse for no apparent reason. It's got some of the dumbest deaths I've seen and is one of the few movies where one of them happens to a child. It's also just a legit very funny movie with some horrendous acting.

I've heard of some of those before, like genocyber and violence jack, but I haven't seen them yet. I'll add them to the list! I think the only anime OVA from the 80s I've seen is MD Geist, I love that theme song! youtube.com/watch?v=ffl4HDp-_S4

I've heard of The Happening, but most people have said that it was just terrible so I've always avoided it. But it sounds like it could be a fun time!

Also I don't mind series either. I remember hearing about one called Blood C that had a lot of deaths, I might check that one out too.

Attached: bloodc.jpg (400x600, 27K)

Attached: cemetary.jpg (667x1000, 88K)

Speaking of anime, I definitely recommend the 1997 series of berserk. Especially the ending of the series, very very grim. I love the opening and the ending themes especially!

youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ6PDiP014

youtube.com/watch?v=8MlYBcRr-dU

Attached: berserk.jpg (600x796, 165K)

Finished repo, I liked it! Going to start feast next, looks like a fun movie with lots of hungry monsters.

that series plays with the disposable main cast as hard as anything. very trope aware.

There's a Jap movie called 'Versus' which is basically yakuza vs zombies in the forest of the dead.
IIRC it was shot chronologically with barely any script and the director just killed off characters on a whim when he felt the time was right.
As long as you don't mind subtitles its pretty good, definitely a lot like the Feebles thematically.

Nice! This is going to be fun!
Wow, that sounds interesting. I've never heard of a film shot like that. It's also fun to see other countries and cultures take on zombies.

One last bump! Thank you all for your suggestions!!