I just got out of Far From Home and I just don't get why these shitty new films can't even come close to what Raimi did...

I just got out of Far From Home and I just don't get why these shitty new films can't even come close to what Raimi did. Memes aside, Spiderman 2 is legit kino. How does a 15 year old film not only have better VFX but so much actual soul?

>Bill Pope cinematography
>Danny Elfman's score
>Genuine drama and emotion
>Film puts the characters first
>Real sense of the burden of being a hero
>Humor that fits the scene
>Works amazing on it's own and even better as a sequel

Why can't Marvel come close to this despite unlimited money?

youtube.com/watch?v=RZkTiBRDUjM

Attached: Spider-Man_2_Poster.jpg (269x369, 26K)

Because it’s it’s own film and not an MCU set up film. Because the filmmakers are actually talented and passionate about the characters. Sam Raimi blows away the yes man making the new films because he actually cares.

Because it was a labor of love instead of just another link in a giant franchise chain.

back then the studio fucked around with the movies way less because nobody expected giant hits.

after 2 giant hits the studio started fucking around.

Why are movie studios and producers so retarded?

their bottom line is profit, not quality

Because it's Spider-Man 2, an even better sequel to a great first movie. Not Iron Man Jr's Summer Vacation

Quality would give them profit though

If that’s the case how does shit like black panther make billions?

It was night and day. The whole time I was in FFH I was just thinking about how soulless and bland it was in comparison to the Raimi trilogy. No post-Maguire Spider-Man even comes close to Spider-Man 3, let alone 1 and 2

Into the Spiderverse is the only great Spider-Man film since the Raimi films.

>Into the SJWverse
>Good

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Its because of character writing and the need to sell toys and merch.

MCU couldn't fucking make Tony an alcholic because they needed to sell their stuff to literal children and they can't even make an individual Spider man movie because they need to shill the MCU and make Peter as perfect and absolved from resposibility or conflict as possible, else the kids parent money goes away. Its ridiculous that they produce these movies with their hand on their watch making sure the movies don't go too long without a joke to make you laugh

Like for fucks sake, get Nick Fury far away from Peter, please

raimis second spider man is literally the first film, with the whole bullshit 'he could be my son' scene.

his doctor ock is a terrible character, sandman too, venon was terrible but he didnt even tried and sony fucked up with the black costume.

spider man III also has the whole terrible retcon with uncles ben death - peter parker let an inocent man die and barely thinks about it.

marvel spider man isnt perfect but it does the obvious: stay away from the sonys formula and just stick the character deep into the marvel universe.

nigger mj and no uncle ben are a huge problem, but i can understand the logic behind attaching the character to iron man, it makes sense commercially speaking and its not such a stretch to imagine that stark would care about him, etc.

Attached: 1522897804786.gif (460x258, 2.19M)

It sucks you fucking retard

Wow, I didn't think it was possible to be this stupid, with such an awful taste.

I should make a side by side comparison of the 2 videos showing how they struggled as peter and changed into spiderman. No commentary too.faggot ass holland never had to deal with the death of ben thus changing into becoming darker and despite his anger he had to fight his hatred to become a “hero”

Spiderverse flies far the fuck past 3.
Based
Absolute faggots.

not cock, no need to take it so hard.

first spider man is great, second is fine, third is a disaster the gave birth to fine memes.

think what would you do with the material if you were marvel studios. another 'origin story'?

spider man should be a tv show to begin with, its a way too comfy character with pathetic looking villains and it would be fine to have this approach.

sonys spider man was always this large scale thing and the charm of the character was how much he was in this little corner of marvel universe, doing his pedestrian shit that cannot be compared to the big shots. thats what people always like about the character: how much of a loser he was ans how close he was of the readers.

Attached: 6a24e376492a5c84438905af2b23a8580bc59dc42b0d92310098d86280549c51.gif (350x249, 754K)

Far From home is trash. I also sat next to cigarette smelling manchild laughing at every corny joke. This is what I get for watching these movies. Fuck the MCU

Law of Diminishing Returns

Is easy.
Sam raimi genuinely loved the character and was fascinated by him.
Tom holland has the potential to surpass toby, but with mcu shit tier writing he will not reach that potential, also along with the fact for some strange reason the mcu does not under stand the character thus having movies like homecoming already showing it's cracks.

This

In other words you have shit taste?
>make another origin story
>what is spectacular spiderman?

spetacular spideran was sony being sony.

thats why marvel had to come with a different approach and just stuck him deep inside marvel universe, to look as far from sony as possible.

not saying it is perfect, it isnt. tom holland does a good peter parker and it really hides how all the rest is out if place - specially his lack of a deep motivation to be a hero.

Fpbp

Let me say this, right now.

Spider-man 2 was the best superhero movie of all time.

Not the Dark Knight, because that's a crime drama, and Batman has no powers. Not Superman, because Superman can literally solve any problem he has.

Its Spider-Man 2. Because anybody can be a hero. Anybody can live a normal life. But when a super villain exists, you need a super hero. Its the movie that defines "why" we need not just heroes, but superheroes.

Attached: 41HGgd+g7zL.jpg (270x400, 28K)

not necessarily, just hype the movies enough and even if it sucks ass the retards will fill the theaters to watch it

>into the niggerverse
>good

>I am so high
>I hear kikes did nine ELEVENNNN
>but nine eleven
>nine eleven DON'T HEAR MEEEEEEE

Attached: tenor.gif (320x240, 1.14M)

SM2 was good but I consider it inferior to the first one for essentially retreading themes covered in the first film. And I like DaFoe's acting. He truly was the foe.

Spider-Man 1 is also great but unfortunately gets a bit overshadowed by the second one.

True, but in the first one, its straight up good vs evil: Spiderman vs the Greenberg Goblin. In 2 its greyer: Spiderman wants to focus on making the ethnostate while Octopus wants to nuke Manhattan to make sure no (((villains))) escape.

>doesn't hyphenate spider-man
>legit
>kino
jesus fuck you zoomers are so fucking full of twitter and nigger slang you can't make a coherent sentence.

Spider-Man 2 has an actual director with a unique style that makes the source material come alive with passion and originality. MCU Spider-Man has whoever the fuck Kevin Feige hires to continue the MCU storyline and appeal to audiences. There’s a reason you can’t even name 75% of MCU directors; Raimi made movies, Feige sells products.