/trek/

Here's to the best new show in Star Trek!

Attached: picard-drinkingjpg.jpg (1200x1200, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Seth_MacFarlane/Archive_1#Seth_MacFarlane's_alcoholism
youtube.com/watch?v=ahTYfdcoXiw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is this an Orville thread?

ENGAGE

Trek threads are usually shit so the orville should fit right in

ngl, extremely based

Attached: Gia.jpg (850x620, 70K)

THE FIRST DUTY OF A STARFLEET OFFICER

Is that actually worth watching?

m-m-m-m-m-m-m-my love, is a fever

I AM LOCUTUS OF BORG, YOU ARE BORG

It's better than STD. That is all.

No u

Attached: CharacterMakeUp.png (1264x760, 50K)

THERE ARE

F O U R L I G H T S
O
U
R

L
I
G
H
T
S

You have to call again!

Attached: StarTrek.png (1306x1144, 834K)

THERE ARE

INFINITE
GENDERS

Attached: 1562043326312.jpg (612x406, 46K)

Attached: Tuvok.png (1470x1470, 736K)

Attached: jew racket.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

Official Cardassian Accomplishment list:
>Mastering the art of spying on each other's breakfast
>Building two ugly space stations

Attached: ds9.jpg (500x328, 135K)

Attached: 1560401732383.png (1502x676, 2.18M)

Reminder that there are decent Romulans throughout the Empire but Starfleet keeps screwing them over.

Attached: Cretak,_Inter_arma_enim_silent_leges~2.jpg (533x477, 38K)

Attached: Xelayan Blossom Whiskey.webm (900x506, 2.83M)

Knowing Seth, this is probably a fart joke when you turn the sound on.

Watching The Orville makes me think that Seth is an alcoholic.

Actually
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Seth_MacFarlane/Archive_1#Seth_MacFarlane's_alcoholism
>Rolling Stone July 1 article - "My Life As A Dog" written by Seth himself "1995- ..I also get my first taste of Jack Daniels. This is the first incarnation of what will eventually become a crippling addiction."

>-Adam Carolla has said that Seth's shyness prevents him from talking infront of crowds sober.

>-Seth often shows up to live events drunk (ie. the Stewie movie premiere) He even drinks on talk shows using a coffee mug. He's admitted this on Craig Ferguson.

>-He carries a flask of Jack Daniels in his jacket. He was drinking from it during a speech he gave at Stanford. There's a picture of him holding the bottle of Jack.

>-Seth has said on a Family Guy DVD extra feature just how easily he could be a complete alcoholic.

>-On "Too Late With Adam Carolla", a caller asked Seth what the best thing about working on two shows was. His responce: "It's doesn't give me enough time to face the truth about myself, which would be disastrous". One could infer that he was reffering to his drinking problem.

As if we wouldn't all watch the shit out of Star Trek: Ferengi with the crew constantly trying to get oomox from big titted Vulcans.

Attached: maquis-pt1_074.jpg (705x530, 94K)

This honestly would explain how he allows so much shit to get past in regards to Family Guy. He's become the New England Irish stereotype he lovingly mocks

New series announced by CBS
>Star Trek: Regression, set during the time of Kirk's famous five-year mission, will follow the adventures of the USS Uninspired.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise
Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise
Make make make make
Make it so
Make it so

This was clearly made by a ds9 fag.

>curzon
>lol just let this brain slug take over your and live your life for you it's totally cool bro
The most disgusting species in Star Trek. I don't understand how anybody can talk to somebody being controlled by a brain parasite and just pretend it's normal.

Happy fireworks day /trek/

Attached: endgame_0002.jpg (709x530, 126K)

If someone told you that you could assimilate all of Einstein's memories and experiences, having it meld with your own, would you honestly refuse it?

Yeah nothing screams DS9 like Pike, Data and the Terran Empire

Terran Empire was a thing in ds9 dumbass also the other two were used to not straight up out themselves as a ds9 fag.

>Terran Empire was a thing in ds9 dumbass
Uh, no? The Terran Empire is destroyed by DS9’s time

Attached: Bajoran_lightship_fireworks.jpg (928x702, 48K)

It's been 9 years. Move on from your vendetta and watch TOS.

Is the technology noticeably less advanced in TOS than in TNG?

>"It's doesn't give me enough time to face the truth about myself, which would be disastrous"
dis nigga gay

No replicators in TOS, just food synthesizers. No holodecks either, unless you count TAS.

Off the top of my head -

No replicators
No holodecks
Slower warp speeds
No site-to-site transporter beaming
More primitive communicators (no comm-badges)
Lower tech shield technologies - hull hugging deflectors rather than powerful shield bubbles
Starships basically had limited fuel and range - the crystals that power warp drives degraded and expired in TOS times, and don't in TNG times

There's probably more but they're the easy things

Savage.

or maybe he's just a lonely middle aged alcoholic with no family

Absolutely. I love it. Second season is where it hits its stride though.

or maybe he gay

It was very good

Attached: Humorous Meme Image Marketing7B.png (720x948, 749K)

Jadzia Dax's feet are fucking gigantic.

not the same guy, but as a matter of fact, yes.
I have a right to be a fuck up individual of my own if even Rome was built by fuckups.

Or you could sign up for Hulu and get both The Orville and good Star Trek series

Wouldn't it be funny if she stood on top of me ha ha?

>knows what era a flag is from based on the number of stars
>never heard of room service

Attached: 52 stars.jpg (1458x1080, 349K)

There was probably history lessons about that shit in Starfleet.

Yeah but Riker's read a goddamn book before in his life, he can't understand the concept of an in-room meal?

I think that was just lazy writing he has probably gotten a lot of room service on Risa.

Attached: 581b0be53c85e843af497f7d3e66228327fcf65f9f6ebd7cf59dc52d96f2a1d0.jpg (466x350, 36K)

I watched TNG growing up, and I barely noticed Riker. I thought he was supposed to be the intentionally bland white guy to make the otherwise group of weirdos stand out. It was only since coming to /trek/ threads and seeing countless memes about Riker's horniness, his genitals, his weight gain and his later turn as a pretty decent director did I take notice. Now he's my favorite TNG character.

Attached: riker paper.jpg (960x1280, 334K)

Dukat did nothing wrong except for not killing all the Bajorans

This is your daily reminder that DS9 is not Trek. It is a collection of characters from a script that was written by several different people, each assigned one job and responsible for only 1-3 parts of the story. The story is one large sitcom, which is more entertaining to me than all the action that they show.

I will admit: there was some fun in watching Captain Sisko, Worf, and Kira on my DS9 viewing, but the show isn't very good on television when it wants to work. When the show wants to be a very special kind of Star Trek, it needs to make it through the first season without being too cloying. There is a ton of action in this episode and it really does drag along for much of the episode, but that's okay – the DS9 writers didn't think that much in advance!

To be clear, I think that Trek should be more Tasha-centric as opposed to what I would call, "Tasha-lite" and also not giving the character the proper story arc that she would otherwise have had. It wasn't about trying to save Ishara from being trapped in that world, but how Tasha would end up interacting with all the other members of the group and developing her own personal arc and understanding all the different cultures. I always felt that with Tasha's arc she could have served quite effectively as a companion for the three other Star Trek shows (which had very different plots and philosophies).

i PISS and SHIT on DS9

DS9 is the worst show ever made in my opinion. And by "bad", I mean it starts with the worst episode of any Trek series ever, and it ends with it all getting so awful you'd probably be okay with just reading the episode list.

When I was a kid my favorite Star Trek episodes were "Encounter at Farpoint", which was on my collection tape and I would always watch over and over to hear what they were using as background music.

It's the same reason "Sleeper Cell" is also a great episode, the way it transitions from Kirk facing down the Dominion War with Tuvok and Leeta to giving Picard a bit of a face-plant as he attempts to save the ship and his people while continuing to have these crazy, intense moments where the characters are going from one emotional, terrifying moment to the next. They go from one moment of helplessness and vulnerability to another.

Schizophrenia is a very sad disease

>that image
>implying I don't want to know the details

Attached: Soren.jpg (528x544, 30K)

deep nine my niga wasup?!

Attached: YeaaBoy.gif (400x301, 245K)

Attached: 1545170414484.jpg (718x718, 206K)

DS9 is alright

>You'll Niggas Don't Even Eat Gagh

deep wit dat nine space
my rhyme phased like a time waste

big latinum atackin 'em
wackin' 'em check your pagh stay slappin 'em

Attached: AYO-HOL-UP.png (720x549, 377K)

I was sick of just hearing about Curzon let alone a show about the creepy old fucker.

where b-gurl at?

she d00t

Attached: RikerRIkerRIKerRIKErRIKER.gif (500x380, 999K)

Bash will live forever in my

Attached: 1560019874048.png (720x1049, 527K)

Was he in the wrong?

Attached: Benjamin_Maxwell.jpg (1435x1080, 575K)

No, the cargo ship had weapons in it. This was explained in the episode. Something you would have known, had you seen it.

Drinking on duty?

It's actually pretty good but the quality is all over the place. Some episodes are barely worth watching while some are Star Trek KINO

Elaborate

I love Star Trek!
It's accepting and progressive!

Attached: yaaaaaay.jpg (360x257, 29K)

VF>BF

Attached: trekfags.jpg (911x960, 174K)

fag

Imma go with "no".

Attached: 1547476623402.jpg (422x750, 89K)

Well, I'm a fag who watches the show.

Yes, he was in the wrong. He should have taken his ship and pointed it in any direction away from those pathetic Cardassian idiots.

He felt bound by responsibilizzzzzzzz

Fornicate

>Look, Wes... *exhales through nose*

Attached: it does.png (1102x840, 569K)

just like star trek, there are good and bad episodes. all of them are better than std eps though

How so?

~~ C O N T E N T :::: G E N E R A T I O N ~~

so, did they?

Attached: rascals3.jpg (475x363, 40K)

>TREKKIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOD

It's like she aged from 30 to 60 in one day. This was a bad choice in characters to cosplay.

This is from the TNG episode "Rascals", season 4, episode 12.

What characters would you like to see her do?

ANSWER THE QUESTION

I-I--can't, Sir

Attached: hurt.png (494x355, 231K)

This is bait right? Do people actually end up liking shows with a weak first season?

They did with Dark.

Is bringing up Star Trek video games allowed in this thread? Not Star Trek Online though. I miss the days when Trek games were coming out fast and hard and were cool, like the Voyager games. Delete if not allowed, sorry.

Security has been notified. Guards are on their way to shoot you in the brain right now.

I accept my fate

Attached: sloan.jpg (540x413, 24K)

Legacy was pure Kino, Hail me n real space, not on the internet, see what happens

I kind of want to get a 360 to play it. I searched high and low for the PC version and came up with nothing, but the reviews say it isn't the same or as good anyway. It's so weird that so many Star Trek games have just disappeared without a trace.

>I don't understand how anybody can talk to somebody being controlled by a brain parasite and just pretend it's normal.

Because they're stomach parasites, not brain parasites. Big difference.

The symbiont doesn't have any real influence on will on the person other than grant the memories and skills of the previous hosts on it. If the Trill's didn't regulate who gets to be host the slugs would be traded like we trade vintage video games. The symbiont is not a parasite.

Honestly, I think alot of Trek games might have just fallen into that weird niche of low budget licensed Yea Forums B-games that are good, but not great enough to be prolific

Games are dumb.

Bridge Commander was my shit spent hundreds of hours playing team deathmatch and protect the starbase.

Attached: BridgeCommanderCover.jpg (786x1132, 322K)

Entertainment is dumb.

Secure that, cadet!

I like star trek but find the threads desperately wanting. They do not reflect the high intellectual standard of the franchise.

tfw you will NEVER have friends in real life you can impress with your massive Star Trek knowledge

>He thinks Star Trek and Trekkies are smart

I can't impress anybody online either, so no big deal. I know more about Star Trek than each and every single one of you (and I've proved it before with the Daystrom Institute exam), but nobody cares because it doesn't matter.

I just got done watching the voyager two parter "Equinox" Where the doctor got transferred over to the Equinox and they deleted his ethical subroutines which caused him to quite happily butcher Seven of Nine (or at least start the process) to get information, He reassured the Captain that his wicked ways were fine and he seemed to be completely on the Equinox side. Then all the events happened and the Doctor got transported back. When he did, he deleted the Equinox EMH that switched places with him quite happily but why? Wouldn't he still work for the Equinox? Why was he suddenly on Voyagers side again? He didn't get re-programmed or anything?

From what I heard, Orvilla is basically a lot of ToS Pandering.

I would have preferred it if removing the ethical subroutines didn't also remove his loyalty to Voyager or friendships with the crew. He would protect 7 by any means necessary, including becoming a terrorist, killing off the Equinox crew one by one.

THERE ARE

THREE

DIGITS

I kinda head-canon'd that at the same time they also put some "do what you say" shit in there, because yeah. I also thought the moment they said they switched off his ethics: "Well he's still the doctor tho, without ethics he's just gonna fucking lie to them and then fill the ship with gas or something" But nah, he became a puppet right away, so I chalk it up for "shit that must have happened but wasn't shown because time".

DS9 is best, change my mind

Attached: mybar.webm (525x350, 2.87M)

Attached: 1560402037384.png (1893x853, 2.75M)

>delete ethical subroutines
>butcher Seven
This shit never made any sense. Without his ethics the doctor would probably rape Seven, not kill her.

None of the "after ToS" shows are the best. They have "best parts" TNG is best when fighting the Borg. DS9 is best when they have those long, multi episode grim, war plotlines, Voyager is best when they have to make tough decisions, Enterprise is a show that also exists.

tos is boring as fuck old man

A salute to DS9!

>DS9
>No Cardassian main character.

Meh, the logical step after Voyager would have been a show about a time ship like Relativity. That way you can have your cameos (if it had been done just after VOY) and your pandering and still have a somewhat fresh take on the ST universe.
You could also explore the future of the ST universe and even parallel universes.

>Discovery no longer has a white male character that's straight on the main cast anymore since they went into the future
>Hell, Tilly is a Jew
>The only characters from the future they ,ght come across is Craft, a black dude, and Burnham's mommy
No place in the future for straight white males

>being this low IQ

1. DS9
2. TNG
3. TOS
4. VOY
7. DSC - ENT (tie)
9. TOS

9. TAS*

A step-by step guide to fix DSC since it's honestly salvageable in terms of being a 'true' Star Trek in more than just name and universe.
1.Take a production quality hit and instead produce longer seasons like old Star Treks as opposed to 12-14 episode seasons.
2.Switch to an episodic/serialized combination like Deep Space Nine. Keep the ongoing story arcs but spread them out across many more episodes. Have lots of stand alone episodes, some of which contain important story elements still.
3.Focus on making Burnham, Tilly, Paul, Hugh and Georgiou more than one-sided characters. Give us a reason to like them. Give Saru a loving send-off since without his coward-tendrils holding him back his arc is over. Add a few more characters to the main cast to balance them out that don't rely on snarky dialogue and little quips.
4.Focus on long-term character development as opposed to quick shock/gasp moments.
5.Transition to an ensemble cast where each character gets a roughly equal number of episodes. Don't make Burnham the hero all of the time, it makes her less likeable.
6.Stick to one captain and really establish why we should care about them.

what the fuck is that number system supposed to even represent

if he just waited a few years he would have got to smash cardies in the dominion war.

How do you not know how numbers work?

Attached: 1562032635831.jpg (860x361, 77K)

The best trek game was EGA Trek back in the late 80's/early90's. I remember playing it back when they hadn't removed all the Star Trek names for legal reasons.
youtube.com/watch?v=ahTYfdcoXiw

fuck your meaningless numbers

Attached: Data_with_pipe.jpg (1044x1044, 574K)

captain jean-luc picard, uss enterprise
m-m-m-make it so

>DS9 is the worst show ever made in my opinion.
DS9 is far better than MOST television, considering how shit TV really is. No Kardashians, Honey Boo Boos, "pickers", or pawn shop bullshit. Television is mostly garbage, and DS9, although not the best Trek series, is far superior to most of it.

Attached: Sisko Pepe.jpg (229x220, 10K)

Someone post Bashirfaggot in the DS9 documentary.

The modding scene for BC was sick. People were putting out high quality bridges and ships. One guy swapped the BC character models for the higher quality Elite Force 2 models.

No, if anything it's early TNG pandering.

how do the alt-righters who watch this show reconcile with the fact that show obviously takes place in a post-scarcity communist society? (see The Neutral Zone ep)

>fix DSC
Leave this place

>post-scarcity communist society
That's an oxymoron. Communism is an economic system. You cannot have an economic system when there is no economy, at least, not one based on resources.

>You cannot have an economic system when there is no economy
brainlet detected

Tell me user, does one come before two?

Time bullshit gets real old real fast. All you have to do is keep making Star Trek by advancing the timeline, reference old series plotlines/aliens every now and then and integrate real world technology into the setting.

ayo where my noggas at

Attached: image.jpg (735x485, 25K)

GUYS I FINALLY DID IT I FINALLY GOT LAID

Attached: AD2BED78-1112-4FE4-AA99-C701B357E92A.png (530x398, 255K)

Has he already an hero?

No context, you are stupid if you think it means anything

It's among my least-favorite Treks, but the worst show ever made? Like, worse than Airwolf? Worse than the Twilight Zone's 4th reboot? You're telling me it's genuinely worse than Passions was?

A lot of shows have weak first seasons and become decent. Agents of Shield, Farscape, Star Trek:TNG. Orville started out weakish, but it really hit it's stride about halfway through the second season with the establishment of a stronger enemy and that two-parter at the end.

>fix DSC
You can't fix STD. Nothing can erase the first two seasons.

STD can't be fixed in that the main problem with it is the stylistic decisions the producers have made. if they were to remove these style changes season 3 would be inconsistent with seasons 1 and 2. in other words they've already dug their own graves, no coming out of it now

Definitely not that. Its all the moral judgement of a TNG with all the potty humor of family guy plus 90s pop culture garbage. The 90s ep was top 3 best Orville eps, fite me It's amazing compared to STD and best Orville is better than worst legitimate treks.

ENT has best fanservice.

Attached: macOHMY.webm (1920x1080, 2.35M)

The second season of the orville was, in particular, extra shit. I guess you like relationship drama and shiny cgi space battle lightshows.

I want to watch but the episodes are long,.

This meme has seen it's glory days come and go.

is sucks?

I only have the images of her.

Attached: 1560141962176.jpg (348x702, 31K)

How did he end up in that documentary?

Bash was at a con and they interviewed her for the docu. pretty sweet.

Attached: 1560019824752.jpg (598x897, 56K)

What does she talk about in the documentary?

How creepy /trek/ is

Kira and Dax taught her to kick ass and not take any shit from anyone.

Then Ira bends over she can give him a "joking, just for laughs ha ha ha" kick in the ass.

She talks about her experience as a trekkie, how she's helped shape the community and it's values. It's like a 15 min interview.

Attached: 1547170520979.png (504x949, 563K)

Please, expand on your comment. The Federation does not have an economy that you can apply terms like Capitalist or Communist against, so how do those terms apply?

Not far off, considering she only allowed herself to be named "Jess from Pittsburgh" in the credits when we all know her full name by now.

Shatner is already 88....

Attached: Kirk alone.jpg (693x960, 50K)

Dax is a slut who dies like a bitch and Kira is a huge cunt. Those are her role models?

It's not fair bros why do people die

>yfw you realize that Ira Behr personally watched that clip of Bashirfag and said "I like this. Put her in the film."
>tfw ywn be that important to Star Trek

Attached: 1489109657837.webm (1004x762, 1.64M)

*puts weapons on your moon*

and looks fantastic

He still has sulu

Bashirfaggot is an important part of the online sensation that is /trek/ on 4channel.

Attached: 1546891735768.png (686x711, 291K)

and he's having fun shitposting on this board and on twitter.

Attached: Capture.jpg (627x547, 55K)

Audibly keked, what a fookin legend

Shat all over her

Attached: apu342223222.png (602x662, 15K)

Enjoy your ban. "Thread culture" is not on-topic.

Yeah, but I am on topic since I'm in an official Star Trek film. Die mad.

Attached: tumblr_pcd0q3v7qz1xaspgio2_1280.jpg (1075x1023, 173K)

I love you.