I've had this on the back-burner for a couple months now...

>I've had this on the back-burner for a couple months now. Just didn't feel like finishing it because I don't relish the idea of Star Wars "fans" trying to justify their hatred of Rey to me over this comic and completely ignoring the point of it, yet again.

>“Arguing if Rey is or isn’t a Mary Sue is the trap, since the argument pre-supposes that “Mary Sue” is a meaningful, well-defined metric and not a nebulous insult applied asymmetrically to female characters if they so much as graze against a copy of Hero With a Thousand Faces.”
>—Dan Olson

Is Dobson right?

Attached: file.png (960x951, 732K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4-j4P4Ch-Ew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

luke was one pilot of many at the death star, got by by the skin of his teeth and literal magic, and still had to be saved by han at the last second and goddammit i ate the dobson bait

he shoots rat dogs like that all the time in his ship back at home though

JJ is retconning it to make her a Skywalker or something, pretty much admitting shes a mary sue without explaining she has the bloodline bonus

correction: he shot womprats on his t-16 back home.

see? the sequels could have solved all these questions with simple additional dialogue like “oh i know how to fly the falcon because i used to fly spaceships around jaku” but nah.

MIDI

Rey: I’ve flown some ships but I’ve never left the planet!
Oh. They did that.

I didn’t have any problem with Rey being able to fight. I didn’t even really have a problem with her beating Kylo Ren given he was injured and also trying to turn her, not kill her.

She’s a Mary Sue because of how nothing goes wrong for her, established characters are put in their place by her (Luke) and/or like her more than their original companions (Chewie has to be translated through Rey for FUCKING LUKE and we never get a scene between the two OG characters).

Also, Luke never went up against Vader and win until the last film. He lost a hand for his hubris. What goes wrong for Rey?

>Dobson has no idea what a T-16 is and assumes it's a make of land speeder

Attached: image.jpg (905x814, 119K)

Dobson is not only wrong all the time, the guy exists in an anti-correct void

Attached: file.png (285x91, 10K)

Is he going to be okay?

>we can't defend our position so I'm just gonna ad hominem
isn't dobinson due for a heart attack soon?

>second time Dobson makes a Star Wars comics by just tracing images
>the argument is still as flawed as the first one

Attached: 1539642442760.png (357x528, 228K)

Also Luke had help from Rogue Squadron
Also he was away from the main battlefield (the trench) for most of the fight and only went in when he was the last left.
Also Han helped him
Also Luke destroying the Death star was set up earlier when he was training with Obi Wan to trust his feelings.

Also Mary Sue came from the female dominated realm of fan fiction. It was used by women against other women.

oh you mean that speeder she rode around?

This! Based T-16 poster

Attached: Lukes_T-16_Skyhopper_TT.png (500x570, 433K)

this shit right here has the best example of a mary sue

Attached: dumbshit,jpeg.jpg (326x499, 43K)

Give me more images like this or i will throw a fit

>OT
>anger is weakness and makes you susceptible to the dark side
>ST
>anger supercharges you with the light side of the force and is just an emotionally triggered power up, like something out of a superhero movie or battle Shonen manga
>light side is good and dark side is evil, the Buddhist inspired mythology of balance and the moral of pacifism being weakness and the necessity of knowing evil to conquer it is gone

Attached: 1561665047725.png (700x819, 318K)

No she literally says she’s flown ships. A speeder isn’t a ship.

How many times was she raped, living alone in a hostile world? You can't win them all, right?

Is he having a stroke

the implicit modern woman self insert

Dobson thread?

Attached: mario_political.jpg (750x663, 73K)

>Luke literally spends all of his free time obsessing over ships, flying them and wishing he could be a fighter pilot, he practices by shooting critters
>Rey is amazing at everything and knows how to swim despite growing up in a desert
Do niggas even use their brains

Back in my days, tracing was unethical.

that explains the expert level flying skills that are better than Han, Lando, Wedge, and Luke combined.

Also made by Incom, its cockpit and instrument layout was nearly identical to the X-Wing and often used for flight training.

Hopefully never.

Attached: by Andrew Dobson.jpg (674x366, 212K)

someone send this fat faggot a cyanide capsule already

Based stroke poster dobson

Yeah like when she’s taking off and it’s literally falling into the ground because she’s not used to piloting it.

A lot has changed since "your" day, incel

Attached: 1553289476786.jpg (762x2048, 334K)

Attached: file.png (474x94, 13K)

I like how he ignores that she mastered lightsabers despite the danger of their use because light weighs nothing and they dont carry momentum like her staff and I like how he ignored that she mastered the force and was able to mind control people despite not even knowing the concept of what the force even is

yeah like a total amateur. and then she flies into a star destroyer and outmaneuver tie fighters then perfectly lined up Finn’s broken turret so he can make the shot

>Dan Olson
>Dobson
I see the pedo buddies are still around.

I really liked the weirs mafic style, and the world, and all the different cultures, and a lot of other shit in this book
but I hate the main character so much, with his hability to do everything good at the first time and his problems coming one and being solver without too much effort

Yes, calling yourself an "artist" when you are literally just tracing images is not bashed nearly enough.

Learn to draw by yourself or fuck off, Dobson. Even a kid can trace an image.

Attached: 1522167139642.jpg (334x393, 24K)

Don't blow things out of proportion now!

Attached: dat fucking blue hairy asshole.jpg (960x544, 228K)

I put a pill in your monster

I know every lefty post here is bait so dont even try

But the book is so fucking good anyway

Fucking hell Dobson. It's established throughout Episode IV that Luke's only appreciable skills are a) being able to fly a T-16 Skyhopper through Beggar's Canyon, and b) being an alright shot. Besides this he fails and fucks up multiple times throughout the film.

>has to be saved by Obi-Wan from the sandpeople
>has to be saved by Obi-Wan in the cantina
>plan to rescue Leia goes off the rails, saved by the princess getting blaster-happy
>fails to save Obi-Wan
>only gets the chance to blow up the Death Star thanks to Han having a change of heart

I'm sure there's more. Point being throughout all three original Star Wars films, Luke scores more misses than hits, and often has to rely on the skills and abilities of his friends to help him out of tough situations. The same absolutely cannot be said for Rey, who is never allowed to fail at anything.

Cringe.

God forbid there’s a fun action sequence where a character does something that requires some suspension of disbelief in order to be entertaining. Are we gonna act like Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting a foot above fucking lava is somehow realistic and not require any suspension of disbelief at all? Cause they’d be dead as shit.

Fuck off pussy.

>just turn your brain off, incel!

btw rey has no character development

The line where Luke mentions shooting womp rats he also mentions flying a t16. What a dishonest piece of shit. fucking die commie traitor. Did he even watch the film? It's not like Luke's flying around shooting down 17 TIE fighters during the battle. He's literally the last person they trust to carry out the attack.

>beats up thugs with a staff
>somehow compares to wielding a completely different fucking weapon
neck yourself

>hero with a thousand faces
even though campbell himself talks about females from myth that are part of the archetype?
diediedie

>Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting a foot above fucking lava is
You mean trained jedi with years of fighting experience and magic that is also honed through years of training? Suspension of disbelief only works insofar as there is some effort made to explain the leap in logic. You can have a protagonist do amazing things, but there has to be a logical explanation for it.

If you’ve never had to turn your brain off in Star Wars ever then you’re a fucking liar and you know it.

They’re humans fighting on a lava planet. I don’t care how much force shit is going on. They’d be fucking dead.

Women can´t fight for shit.

This is a fact.

The debate has already been settled. Rey is a Mary Sue. All they can hope to do is outright avoid the debate to begin with. Nobody will defend the concept of Mary Sue's. Instead they will focus on:
>Why do people care more about Mary Sue instead of Gary Stu?
>Nebulous insult applied asymmetrically

The tonal shift is the problem, user. All the other characters with the exception of Poe have a fixed and clear set of abilities, and as this movie is clearly ripping of in the OT themes, you expect OT type of logics. Outmaneuvering smaller planes and doing outlandish stunts into a ship that looks like a plane is a tonal shift from the rest of the movie.

In the prequels, you already start the movie with the heroes fighting an android wih six arms, there's a sequence of Obi racing in a giant lizard, and a 70cm green dwarf sword fighting and shooting hadoukens. From the cheesy tone of the prequels it is easy to suspend disbelief. BUT, there would be also a problem in the tonal shift if suddenly in the last fight Obi Wan and Anakin started fighting slow and paced, like in the OT.

Both the OT and the Prequels have internal consistency within thenselves. But the sequels absolutely don't, and that's why suspending disbelief on it requires you to turn off your brain.

If Han doesn't come out of nowhere Luke gets destroyed by Vader. And that isn't the first time Luke gets his assed saved by someone else. Rey doesn't need anybody.

Attached: images (27).jpg (189x266, 10K)

a new hope: jedi master uses a jedi mind trick to suggest to a stormtrooper that some droids aren't the ones he's looking for
rise of the mary sue: untrained non-jedi gives a stormtrooper a series of instructions which directly contradict his orders, putting him into hypnosis for an impressive length of time

Less discussion.
More Dobson.

Attached: 1553287398116.png (498x606, 111K)

>Rey beats Kylo in the first movie of the trilogy
>Rey becomes even stronger and Kylo becomes weaker in the second movie of the trilogy
>there's fucking nowhere for the third movie to go and all conflict has already been erased

Well done mouse.

Attached: 52341745_163522321304396_360129863821380471_n.jpg (480x270, 22K)

>Luke has never trained to be a Jedi

Luke was trained by Obi Wan, if only briefly, to duel with that sparing droid and rely on his senses. Seeing how Rey had ZERO training, and zero is the reciprocal of Infinity, Luke had infinitely more training than Rey. Luke also:
>Witnessed a Jedi Mind trick up close
>Was contacted by Obi Wan in his X wing through the force
>Was the child of a powerful Jedi

With no training whatsoever, Rey could:
>Perform a Jedi mind trick on that FO stormtrooper
>Beat Kylo Ren in her first time handling a lightsaber.

As for the flying skills, the whomp rats are established to be a similar size to the exhaust port, and Biggs, an experienced pilot with the rebellion, tells Luke that the flying will be like Beggers Canyon and vouches for Luke's experience when a senior officer questioned his skill. (Best pilot in the outer rim)

Luke had flying experience and experience with hitting moving, sentient targets while flying. Rey... was familiar with a speeder? Would you trust some Harley Davidson rider behind the wheel of a F-22?

I like it because I think it’s somewhat intentional. While I do believe it’s a self insert for the author to masturbate over, the perfect little Gary Stue routine is supposed to be juxtaposed against the older beat down Kote who continues to imply that the story being told is all for naught. All the victories are just superficial, and the end of the story will show he’s not actually been gaining ground at all...but working against himself from the beginning. In addition, it’s being told BY the MC who admits he’s both arrogant as fuck and a liar. You’re supposed to assume he’s cherrypicking stories and playing it all up.

Yeah Luke kept trying out for the academy because he was a decent pilot, The guy could fly

Dobson REALLY is into lesbians

Attached: file.png (509x720, 372K)

maybe he'll transition

That comic only proves the fatfuck never saw the Original Trilogy.

>He ever trained as a pillot.

Furry and Pedophile, Dobson confirmed for not listening to the radio drama. Opinion discarded.

This guy is definitely a child rapist.

I never even heard of this faggot until Yea Forums. WTF do you queers love giving literal nobodies a platform and audience?

Attached: south-park-s08e08c10-debate-2004-4x3.jpg (720x486, 248K)

Luke was a huge Mary Sue. And so was Rey. There's nothing wrong with Rey, just the movie she's in sucks balls.

he's funny to laugh at

he's been around for more than 10 years he's a pillar lolcow

Read more books holy shit.

Fuck him and his anti-monarchists views, how dare he discriminate me for my arosticratic roots

You're either a zoomer or a literal summerfag. Either way fuck off.

>I don't know what a Mary Sue is
Character being a Mary Sue is first and foremost a product of a bad storytelling abillity. Considering that genreshit has nothing going for it except for the storytelling, writing your character as an unironic Mary Sue is a mortal sin.

says the literal fag

No. Luke actually had to train and have shown off skills he had due to his work. Luke was a good character in the trilogy. Even in The Last Jedi because Rian Johnson pointed out Luke would find out about the Star Wars prequels and get angry, upset and dilillusioned with the Jedi Order of Old.

Rey was only okay in The Last Jedi because she wasn't magically related to anybody which was believable given the fact that there is an entire galaxy in which force users can come from and not one of three bloodlines (Skywalker, Kenobi, Palpatine) that fanboys want.

Great comeback zoom

oh you roasted me. How will i ever recover!

Attached: roasted.gif (320x240, 2.08M)

T-16s are dangerous as fuck trainer aircraft and Luke was good enough in one that the Empire personally came out to him in person and tried to recruit him into the tie corps, rey picks up garbage for instant bread and rides an eyeglass container

Jesus Christ it's an anonymous board, retard. You don't have to keep replying to protect your imaginary upboats.

OH SNAP!!!!

>Didn't see The Original Film.png

Luke literally has the potential to be one of the best combat pilots in the Galaxy. That's heavily implied in the original SW, and it's especially emphasized in the deleted scenes with Biggs Darklighter, who was even in the Lucas' lore (ie. not counting the EU) one of the best pilots around.

youtu.be/4-j4P4Ch-Ew

Meanwhile Rey is just some random scavenger on a random planet. The retarded argument that she's somehow a master fighter just because she grew up on Jakku doesn't make any sense. Is every nigger from a ghetto a fucking master assassin? Is everyone on Jakku a great fighter then? Is Jakku the Arakis of Star Wars, and its people the Fremen (or Sardaukar)? Rey is a Mary Sue character through and through.

Attached: image_44233409.jpg (1560x877, 61K)

Also let's not forget one more evidence of retarded Disney writing: Jakku is presented as some godforsaken backwater world, while at the same time official sources list it as an Inner Rim planet.

Attached: WZOVLCq.jpg (900x1200, 280K)

Someone made a good point that you can have white guys do or be anything because nobody cares. So if Luke was good at flying or a complete dweeb, no one would care. But feminists have made it impossible for women to appear and not represent women as a whole. So you cant have Rey be a dweeb or women are all dweebs. They built a system where women can only do things right and must always be heroes or it's a sexist portrayal that represents your opinion of women everywhere.

They dug themselves into a hole and now women cant have complexity or hardship or faults. I know Rey isn't perfect, but she's pretty fucking close to it, and that's because if she was actually human then women would be upset about any and all negative traits she possessed even if those traits were overcome later

True. Feminists can't write about women.
First sentence in and Dobson is making excuses to avoid drawing. He has no job and draws for a living, how lazy can he get.

Majorly this

its a fucking dobson comic

fucking newfag piece of shit

The fuck comics might have been the most progressive medium back in the 70s and 80s stan lee invented the black panther and wakanda that retards and niggers find so woke nowadays.
And on the same note nerd shit like star trek was the first show to have the first multicultrual cast

The only way you could genuinely believe this is if it's the only book you've ever read or if you are Patrick Rothfuss

>tracing photos

What an absolute hack.

Attached: 36935670.gif (350x196, 1.74M)

>it totally makes sense that she could fly the Falcon like a space magician
>here's why you're wrong and it doesn't make sense
>oh my god it doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense have sex incel!!

>$25 a month on patreon

Attached: 35903670.jpg (393x391, 145K)

Luke had one skill aided by some attunement with the force. Was mediocre or useless in most regards. A real fish out of water.

Ray
Top tier melee skill
Top tier mechanical skill
Top tier blaster skills
Learns all the force powers in minutes
Defeats the highly trained main villain in the first movie

>claim that mary sue is a nebulous insult when you get caught making a brian the dog character

i had one of these but my parents bought me another one christmas by mistake so i have a nib other one
i wonder where it went

Rey could have been a great character if Rian had been in charge.

IMAGINE LOOKING AT COMPUTER SEEING FOOD

In a recent interview she said she's happy how Rey has become even stronger in IX. remember the trailer duel against a Tie Fighter? JJ the dickless feminist will triple down

No. He's wrong.

She literally didn't know how she flew as well as she did. She said that herself.

He lives with gus rich parents dont worry

No sorry, that's stupid.

i am just watching species 2 and the han kylo scene is a direct copy from that film lol

There's some really weird shit going on when you look at how Rey and Kylo develop their force skills.

>Light Side is the path where you gain abilities through hard work, dedication, and keeping your feelings under control
>Dark Side is the path where you gain power by indulging in your passion and anger, and restrain yourself as little as possible

>Rey gains power at a ludicrous rate, and regularly acts out of anger and spite
>Kylo has been training for years as an obedient student to different masters, and his Force powers are nothing compared to Rey's

Attached: 625.jpg (1088x816, 151K)

these people are pathetic. Star Wars literally went in the toilet. Only if you're a hardcore SJW do you like it.

Attached: -07-04-12-25-41.jpg (888x504, 278K)

Where the astronaut tentacles his dad to death?

Attached: 1553519094060.jpg (600x825, 496K)

Consider your expectations subverted.

Because it's designed to appeal to soys, gays and women. Autistic dedication is, believe it or not, a masculine trait. Women can't relate. Autism is literally an overly masculine brain (like how having cancer is an overly efficient regenerative cell, not saying spergs are chads) this is why autism is rare among women.

That said, I don't believe women are inherently shit cunts, society plays a large part in this. Unfortunately feminism and progressivism has decided men are at fault and need to be more feminine rather than the reverse, despite the dichotomy historically being less abbout male/female than normal human/cum receptacle.

The death of masculinity is the death of mankind.

>humans
so humans from earth then?
you fucking racist just because they look human. none of them even bleed you piece of shit

jesus fucking christ

yea. the father says he wants to help his son and first he does not want to come with him and is angry. but then he starts to cry ands says help me daddy and hugs him.

And next to Rakkata Prime. The planed KOTOR1 twist got cancelled because they did not wanted to copy some old videogame but came up with something much worse.

The prequels are trash too.

Is this even true?

Why are POC so violent? The stacked bimbo can't have an opinion?

Who knows. He doesn't exactly have a huge fanbase.

Luke is explicitly describes as a gifted pilot, he doesn't need any training to pull off the stuff he did. It could also be argued that the force training Obi-Wan gave him aided his instincts and allowed him to pilot an X-Wing at a level slightly beyond what would have been expected from a farm boy. It's not a matter of "qualifications", it works because they give you reasons to believe in the plausibility of what you're seeing

OTHER
GAME

Don't look too much into this. they wrote a literal Mary Sue and they had to undermine the villain to highlight the girl. Men are weak, dumb, emotional, women are strong independent smart. This is a movie made by middle aged male haters who were raised by the feminazi wave in the 70s. That crazy cunt who wrote the CSUM manifesto and and shot Andy Warhol. Lucasfilm is run by followers of a feminazi terrorist nutcase

Do you think Dobson watches two or six hours of cuck porn a day?

SHE'S A NAZI

It's funny because literally 90% of the pilots that participated in the Death Star attack died just so that they could give Luke time to line up the game-winning shot. Even with the sacrifice of almost every X-Wing and Y-Wing pilot, Vader still had Luke dead to rights and would have killed him if Han hadn't shown up when he did.

Imagine that: a scenario where the MC has to rely on teamwork to be successful. Meanwhile Han and Finn went to Starkiller base to rescue Rey only to find that she had managed to free herself, because strong women don't need men to protect them or whatever.

>12 hours - sleep
>6 hours - eating
Definitely six.

He never trained to be a jedi
>Literally get's a mini crash course in how to use the force by Obi-wan.
or a pilot...
>"You bet your ass, I'm not such a bad pilot myself.
>Makes him qualified to fly an X-wing
He literally just saved a fucking princess and shot out a bunch of tie fighters on the millenium falcon.
>evade experienced fighters.
He doesn't evade any fucking fighters except by barely surviving long enough for vader to get shot out by han when vader says "The force is strong with this one"
>and destroy the Death Star
Getting a lucky pulling the trigger with the force is more believable than fighting Vaders luke-skywalker trained, blaster-stopping, lord general of the space nazis. Who fucking knew?

>>the argument pre-supposes that “Mary Sue” is a meaningful, well-defined metric and not a nebulous insult
Dobson is a fucking cunt who doesn't understand descriptive terminology, character development or Joseph Campbell.

Attached: 1552311590377.jpg (1114x676, 424K)

>Force balanced
>With dark side around
Try again. The dark side is a cancer that does not contriubute to the balanced force. Grey jedi are a meme.

Dobson thread?

Attached: guaranteed replies.jpg (1200x899, 168K)

There’s more but even on a basic level...

Luke
>saved from sand people by Obi Wan
>Han thinks he’s an idiot kid
>Leia thinks he’s a joke
>doesn’t face the villain til the second film, gets his shit pushed in despite training, loses a hand
>can barely pull a lightsaber towards him in the second film
>ignores his Jedi master in the second film, proven wrong
>can do a Jedi mind trick in the third film but it only works on weak minded individuals

Rey
>saves herself from people in the sand
>Han thinks she’s like the daughter he never had
>Leia hugs her instead of Chewbacca after Han does despite them never having met or spoken before
>faces the villain in the first film, defeats him despite no training; beats him again in the second film
>lifts a mountain of rocks in the second film
>ignores her Jedi master in the second film, proven right
>can do a Jedi mind trick in the first film without training

Kylo is stronger than Rey in TFA, his instability is what fucks him over.

By the end of TLJ, they are supposed to be "equal" lmao

Kylo saved Rey from Snoke and killed Snoke himself. Rey killed a few guards. Big whoop.

Finn is an irrelevant sidekick, only Kylo is allowed to save Rey because he's the main character and has a gigantic cock to spear her with.

Stay mad.

>By the end of TLJ, they are supposed to be "equal" lmao

This is so fucking stupid. I can understand if the Force gave her the same amount of "power" as him, but she doesn't have nearly the amount of discipline, training, and expertise with the force as he does. not to mention he's a man and way larger and physically stronger than her. By that logic, Rey would never be stronger than Kylo ever if the Force gave them equal amounts "power" unless she started transitioning and roiding out and time traveled 15 years worth of training into her brain and body.

Legend says Finncels are still seething to this day.

Attached: 1536263881828.jpg (758x960, 90K)

Sure, he pushes her around in the beginning, but she beats the shit out of him during their final battle through sheer force talent.

Not because he was injured or distressed or unstable. He chases her around and overwhelms her until she's backed into a corner... and then she force meditates for a moment and suddenly utterly wrecks him. Her victory was thanks to her talent for the Force.

Attached: rey_kylo_ren_lightsaber_fight-768x1280.jpg (768x1280, 183K)

He is basically playing with her in the beginning and backs her up onto a cliff. He's not even trying to hurt or kill her either, he's cornering her so he can convince her to join him.

JJ confirmed she only beat him because of her Mary Sue powerup when he was too busy staring at her. Kylo not being at 100% stability is irrelevant.

>muh force talent

Yeah, no. Rey can eat shit. I don't care if the Force gave her a million Force talent points. She didn't train and she didn't work for it. She didn't earn that power and never had this special "talent" before that moment. She's a Mary Sue through and through.

However, according to canon Kylo was very unstable and it's his lack of balance (conviction,stability) that keeps him from truly being great. Snoke states this explicitly in the novel.

If Kylo was more stable, then yes he would have kicked Rey's shit in but that's not even the point of the story. Rey isn't someone he is supposed to defeat and he never wanted to. She's a plot device meant to shake up his world and get him to question his way. She's there for his development.

I still think it was unnecessary to have her beat him so definitively, but JJ is a hack.

>peak autism

He's trying to get his fuck on, bro. Why do you think he was still trying to marry her even after she cut him open?

Attached: 1515016060960.gif (400x225, 719K)

Of course he's right, but Dobson is a fucking faggot, so...

>Yes, that's it.

How do people watch this motive and not see the obvious romance? I'm so confused by the autism that exists in this world.

Attached: tumblr_p23f22wMfk1x02xwso1_1280.jpg (640x810, 99K)

I could probably give a lot of her ability a pass just for the force sensitivity. They did the same shit with Anakin in the prequels, where he's a genius podracer due to it.

The much bigger problem regarding her coming across as too perfect is how people react to her. You get scenes like Leia going to hug her instead of Chewbacca after Han's death despite the fact she's never met Rey since Rey never actually made it to the resistance base until the end. Rey didn't get the plans to them either, or have anything to do with destroying the starkiller base, yet the entire resistance is cheering her on at the end as she leaves to go find Luke. They just sent their only hope off with someone who is a literal nobody to them, instead of like, Leia going to talk to Luke.

Luke participated in rescuing the rebel princess and blew up the Death Star. Then between movies spent a considerable amount of time helping the rebels. He at least earned the respect he's given by other characters. Rey got kidnapped, didn't even participate in lowering the Starkiller's shields before being rescued, the only person who witnessed her even fight Kylo to a standstill immediately went into a coma, and then went off to try to talk Luke into helping people she only met for 5 minutes at the end of the movie after everything was already over.

>he's right

weak bait

>He's constantly looking at her face while she is looking at the ligthsabers or whatever else in this scene

It's the little details like this that make Reylo so good. As soon as the saber flies into her hand, his entire demeanor changes. Like he's a magnet drawn to her and in awe.

Attached: 1531037013488.gif (430x278, 1.9M)

We're 2 movies in, and the only friendly characters Rey has actually interacted with for more than a minute have all died or gone into a coma to escape her.

It's hard to give her a pass when you have a talented Force User like Kylo who had to actually work for his abilities and Rey is somehow able to overcome him even then. It's not like the universe rules suddenly changed for her, because Kylo exists. So she is just breaking the rules for some Mary Sue reason.

Rey has two movies worth of development with Kylo Ren. Do you even watch the movies? It's not about "Rey and her happy friends" story. It's about the Skywalker family and how Rey relates to them and the Force. Kylo is the Skywalker at the center of the story, so you better believe her relationship with him is the only one that really matters to the overarching plot.

She already had a gay friendship with Finn, and they are forcing her friendship and love for the Resistance in IX, how much more screentime do you want them to waste on those irrelevant shits?

Attached: tumblr_pt06p7mMH61qkbiaio1_1280.jpg (1280x1811, 572K)

I agree with what you're saying here. For all the love and admiration she gets from various characters (like Leia), she actually interact very little with many of them and any relationship is poorly established. Even Han got a soft spot for her awfully quickly and offered her a job on the Falcon after, what, one trip together?

Well, she DID bring the Falcon back to him.

She probably reminded Han of Ben. It's canon that he is always picking up strays to compensate for the fact that he never got to teach or raise Ben the things he wanted to because Leia shipped him off to Luke.

>Han only gave a fuck about Rey because he missed Ben

I wish they would actually make this canon. It's realistic and makes more sense than him just loving her instantly because she's so perfect and great and amazing.

He even said Chewie liked her. How the hell did that happen? They never talked or anything.

And later on, Kylo probes her brain and says she sees Han like a father.

Holy fuck, everything is just so damn rushed.

Anakin was literally force jesus tho so shit he pulls out of his ass is passable tbf

>she sees Han like a father

So? What does that have to do with Han's feelings for her? Rey latches onto any father figure instantly because she's a fucking orphan. She tries to do it with Luke too and Kylo even calls her on it in TLJ. DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE MOVEI?!?

>it's your greatest weakness
>looking for your parents everywhere. In Han Solo, now in Skywalker...you can't stop needing them etc.

Rey latching onto Han is actually shown as a character flaw.

Han and Chewie liking her is retarded, but it makes more sense if it relates to Kylo like everything else.

Fuck you, Burger King

Attached: 1553523098496.png (754x1216, 680K)

The big reveal with Rey will probably be that she isn't anyone special by bloodline, but a force reincarnation of Anakin. Then you just write off all of her space jesus shenanigans, why she's so strong, and why she's so drawn to the dark side.

Are the chicken fries good? I got a coupon in the mail but I haven't been to BK in a couple years.

>Kylo is just jealous because he wants to be Rey's DADDY but she keeps latching onto the old geezer men in his family instead

hot

Attached: D5aLDexU8AAF6Xx.jpg large.jpg (1122x1255, 183K)

>reincarnation of Anakin

stop posting

Cheetos chicken fries looks great ngl
No matter what they do the trilogy is already ruined,whats the point of bringing back the old cast if they never interacted even once and just die with Leia dying irl.

Is this the designated Dobson hate thread? I love these threads.

Attached: 1523390941677.gif (350x197, 1.9M)

>Is Dobson right?
I can't think of three words so lacking in need of an answer

>Luke was good enough in one that the Empire personally came out to him in person and tried to recruit him into the tie corps
EU garbage. The film itself does enough to let you know Luke can fly

>What does that have to do with Han's feelings for her?
Nothing. It's just part of the movie's poor writing.

>she's an orphan, therefore she latches on to people instantly
This is not very well thought out reason, though.
She did have someone take care of her while she was a little kid on Jakku: Unkar Plutt. If anything, growing up with a guy like that should've made her very hesitant about accepting a new father-figure that wasn't direct family, especially an outlaw like Han.

Kylo's line would've been much better if it was changed just a little. Instead of "You feel like he's the father you never had" he should've said "You hope he'll be the father you never had". There, he's not a father to her yet but she's still nurturing the desire for him to become one. Much more sense.

Remember when Dobson drew tons of inflation gore porn on deviantart while pretending to be a woman

This is just another obvious Reylo hint.

Rey's story is a coming of age one and her main flaw is clinging to her parents like a naive child. Kylo is the one that challenges that outright and tries to get her to overcome it.

The transition from being a child looking for a father figure, to a woman find her place with a husband (Kylo) is so obvious. Especially when you have shirtless Kylo spelling it out and pursuing her constantly.

And then cue Luke catching them in the act metaphorically and her running off to him.

This is pretty textbook stuff. That's also why Kylo is poised as her teacher rather than Luke. Rey's journey isn't really about becoming some big hero with lots of Force powers. Her story would have ended in TFA if that were the case. Her story is about becoming a woman and Kylo is the motivator and guide. He challenges her naive and childish ideals and awakens her sexuality and pushes her to become more and better.

Rey in turn challenges Kylo's ideals and helps motivate/balance him in turn. They are dual-protags giving and taking from each other to develop into fully grown adults.

Attached: D9r3yIiXYAAzryP.jpg (652x1000, 69K)

Luke:
- needs to be saved twice
- in the beginning, Han Solo doesn't really like him
- Vader would have killed him if Ben Solo would have sacrificed himself
- Decent pilot and shooter but no other skills

Ray:
- even if she is in danger managed to escape on her own
- everyone likes her (Han, Finn, Leia,..)
- can fly, fight, use a lightsaber, use the force, speak several languages, repair stuff
- managed to defeat Crylo in her first battle

which comic?

Yeah Luke's just a farmer. But he's not picking apples in a comfy orchard. He's a farmer on space South Africa

Luke:
- needs to be saved twice
- in the beginning, Han Solo doesn't really like him
- Vader would have killed him if Ben Solo would have not sacrificed himself
- Decent pilot and shooter but no other skills

Ray:
- even if she is in danger managed to escape on her own
- everyone likes her (Han, Finn, Leia,..)
- can fly, fight, use a lightsaber, use the force, speak several languages, repair stuff
- managed to defeat Crylo in her first battle

Attached: 1553289883966.png (588x829, 127K)

>Luke trains with Yoda
>Is involved in an untold number of battles between IV and V
>Is still absolutely humiliated by Vader
How does Dobson mange to be wrong literally every single time?

Didn't Dobson also make a comic about how Kylo is Disney making a metaphor about angry Star Wars fans?

The dude makes some really fucking weird interpretations.

She never saw Unkar as her father. She always lied to herself that her parents were coming back and were amazing people, so she wouldn't latch onto someone like Unkar.

She would however latch onto amazing kind legendary men like Han and Luke because she wanted to believe she was special with a "place in the story" because she never felt like she had belonging.

Honestly Rey's entire character is spelt out through dialogue from Kylo Ren. Just pay attention for once. Even back in TFA, it's stated that he knows more about her than she knows about herself. He's a narrative guide/teacher for her among other things.

>you hope rather than you feel

wowee such amazing change!

Attached: 1521755059749.gif (268x185, 2.92M)

He traded his tablet for some balloons.
Already popped them.

>rey started out capable of anything
>this excuses her from being a mary sue somehow

literally from the first chase scene shes untouchable

I don't think Dobson is interested in females at all, so I'd say zero hours of cuck porn, four hours of gay furry porn, and two hours of jerking it to inflation fetish drawings on deviantart.

>Are the chicken fries good?
dry AF and not enough to justify the cost

The demo disk? Like what they have on display?

>She never saw Unkar as her father
That's entirely speculation, and if it happens to be true it's just more terrible writing.

She was a little kid left in Unkar's care. He no doubt treated her like dirt and didn't care for her, but that would just mean he was a shitty father to her, not a non-father. Kids don't emotionally ditch their parents when they get abusive, they get traumatized by the horror of having parents that don't care for them.

The fact that it gets spelt out doesn't make it good. Her character is doesn't make sense.

>enters ship she's never seen or been on before.
>immediately fixes the problem the actual owner for 40 years didn't even know about

>dual-protags
deuteragonist is the word your tumblr-addled mind is struggling to form

what does any of this have to do with the scum manifesto? Did Kathleen Kennedy namedrop Valerie Solanas?

Luke doesn't fight Vader head on until the second movie, where he proceeds to get his shit kicked in. In the first movie he's consistently relying on the help of others (han, Obi Wan, the rebel fleet), but he has clear indications that he'll one day be a badass, and he isn't a true badass until the third movie. Rey took on the sequels vader equivalent in her first fucking movie.

All of this

>source: just trust me bro

Attached: 1553289122061.jpg (720x1101, 356K)

TLJ is bad and will always be bad. NuWars is bad. Shoo shoo mouse shill.

Attached: tlj.png (571x431, 26K)

Luke:
--Luke, Luuke, Luuuke, Bigger Luke

Rey:
--can't have children

>that's speculation

No it isn't. It's obvious and I every clearly explained to you why she would latch onto Han and Luke as opposed to a shitty bordeline slaver like Unkar. Rey was literally all alone and lived alone, Unkar was no father to her. he didn't live with her or provide for her. She sold stuff to him. That's the extent of any interaction they had.

Rey is traumatized by her drunkard parents, that's the whole reason she lied to herself and latches onto fairytale ideal nice dads like han and Luke.

I never said spelling it out makes it good, but it does make sense.

Rey is a Mary Sue, but the things they try to do with her character make a lot of sens on paper. The execution might not be as good, but it's obvious. Just like how it's obvious they want Rey to be a hero/good person but she rarely does much and acts like an evil cunt half the time.

HOWEVER, her parental issue is just another thing that binds her to Kylo and supports their development, so it works in this case. The point is for her to overcome her daddy issues and move on with Ben Solo by her side, so it shouldn't be a huge focus if it's only meant to support the main story.

1. Over time the most successful minstrels were musically talented blacks — in blackface. The most popular minstrel hits were, hold your asses, written by those blacks.
2. No one used shoe polish, that fucks up your skin. It was always burnt cork.
3. Dobson is allergic to facts.

i love this marvel movie

No, they are stated as being dual-protags by the directors/writers and if we are being honest, Kylo is more of a protag than she is.

Reminder that Reylos are the only people in the fandom who ever predict anything correctly.

Attached: thelastjedi.gif (269x181, 2.33M)

I stand corrected then

>5'6"
>copious bodyhair
>balding
>fat
>stupid self given nickname
Beta orbiter

JJ even said "The Force Awakens" title refers to Kylo as well, not just Rey. Just another tidbit you might want to know.

Attached: D28LlSjXgAIDYvH.jpg (583x884, 80K)

>but it does make sense
>the things they try to do with her character make a lot of sense on paper
No. No it does not.
If that was true, traumatic childhoods wouldn't produce adults with anger issues and social problems. Rey has none of these.

If it REALLY had to make sense, Rey would be one of the most bitter people in the galaxy. Her longing for parents and her loneliness only works for its flowery, romantic value. It's sad and endearing that someone in her situation remains so hopeful and kind.

But if we go by strict realism, someone in her situation would be bitter and angry at the world (or galaxy) that she had to grow up in a desert with the absolute barest minimum of parental guidance from a fat alien that only looks after himself. She'd hate her parents for abandoning her *all her life* without any explanation, and she wouldn't trust anyone to be worthwhile parents because literally all she knows about parents is that they don't care. Her parents abandoned her, Unkar doesn't support her, she has no friends or companions, she's entirely on her own and that's all she knows about life.

Hell, that could've been used as a nice arc that spans over the entire trilogy. She has a ton of force power, but she's susceptible to the Dark Side due to her bitterness and needs to learn to become a better person and to trust those around her.

Attached: dark_rey.jpg (751x1063, 118K)

Rey's lack of social problems or anger issues (she has them, they just aren't acknowledged by the movies) have nothing to do with her looking for ideal father figures because she wants to deny the shitty parents she had in reality. She is rejecting the idea of her shitty parents, so of course she would reject a shitty person like Unkar as well.

It is pretty pathetic that Rey lies to herself and remains hopeful, but this a flaw she must grow out of and Kylo tells her as much and forces her to accept the truth so she can "let go" and move on.

Her being such a kind person is 100% bullshit though, I will agree with that but that is not what we were talking about. Her looking for nice parental figures was the subject and it 100% makes sense given her trauma.

>I wanted a Dark Side character with family trauma that has anger and social issues and has to learn to become a better person!

Kylo is the character you seem to be looking for and he is already the Skywalker and central character. You just wanted a waifu. Stay mad you aren't getting one and Kylo is the main character with Rey as his plot device love interest.

Rey cannot and will never be Dark because it doesn't serve Kylo's story. She has to be the Light to balance him and motivate him to be better.

Attached: 1517183693382.jpg (1280x854, 280K)

>Hell, that could've been used as a nice arc that spans over the entire trilogy. She has a ton of force power, but she's susceptible to the Dark Side due to her bitterness and needs to learn to become a better person and to trust those around her.

Kylo Ren aka Ben Chewbacca Naberrie Organa Skywalker Solo, the main character and Skywalker of the entire trilgoy, says hi. Enjoy watching his story and conflict finally unfold in IX!

Rey will be there to help him and bear his children of course.

Attached: D-bpSuUXUAMhj3a.jpg (1080x810, 58K)

Plus it's explained in the deleted scene with Red Leader when Biggs has to stick up for him because Red Leader has doubts about him taking the X-Wing into combat

I will never get over how fucking DENSE some people are about the ST.

>Skywalker saga
>clearly have a Skywalker main character
>his them be blasting in the title reveal
>has been the center of both of the movies so far
>B-BUT MUH DARK REY

There is just no helping some people.

Attached: tumblr_prwompP1ru1sytiw6_1280.jpg (941x1280, 351K)

It'a also why Han and Leia have utility as characters, they bring things to the table that Luke can't.

Nigger you can see his ship docked in the background when he's cleaning C3P0 and R2

Attached: ln9JLwXeLO_wYEgz6QKHRpNk6i3X6v_caLFu1Rmz6VI.jpg (1043x546, 69K)

>She is rejecting the idea of her shitty parents
Sure, but WHY. Why is she so hopeful and eager to romanticize her parents (whom she can remember *anything* about, only their shuttle taking off) when everything she knows about anything is that she can only rely on herself? This is a reeeally flimsy character trait.

>Her being such a kind person is 100% bullshit though, I will agree with that
Alright, we've got some common ground.

>Her looking for nice parental figures was the subject and it 100% makes sense given her trauma.
No. I've already given my reasons for this disagreement. All she knows about parents is that they suck. She should be overly cautious and more than happy to distance herself from any potential parental figure, even if it actually hurts her inside. Which is probably would, but that's what makes it such a deep and significant issue.
Like in Good Will Hunting, with the talented protag who really wants love and not just recognition for his abilities, but pushes away his girlfriend since he doesn't trust that she really loves him.

>he is already the Skywalker and central character. You just wanted a waifu. Stay mad you aren't getting one and Kylo is the main character with Rey as his plot device love interest.
Oh. Oh dear...

>Why does she not want to have shitty parents? Why would she ever wish for better parents when hers were so garbage!? It doens't make sense!!!

Just stop posting.

>Oh dear.

No wonder you hate this trilogy. You aren't going to enjoy IX either, because Kylo is going to be more central than ever.

Attached: 1558998281268.png (720x689, 588K)

>VF cover is literally a romantic romance novel with Kylo as the male lead

>BUT HES THE BAAD GUYY AND REY IS ONLY THERE TO DEFEAT HIM
>REY STOP LOOKING AT KYLO MELANCHOLY ROMANTIC LIKE STOP ITTT
>KYLO STOP GETTING THE BIGGER COVER STOPPPP NOIOOO MY BRAINNN

Attached: D7LOJB2VsAMrACw.jpg large.jpg (2048x1383, 447K)

I love how Rey's cover is so obviously a companion piece to Kylo's. It looks weird on it's own because she's obviously looking at something, and she seems like she's in the bg more. It only works when you put the covers together.

Meanwhile Kylo takes up much more space and works fine on its own.

Even the picture they chose for the inside, Rey is in some mid defensive pose. Not every striking and like she's not the focus. Kylo is the one posed on the left in a cover-esque pose

I love these obvious little marketing details.

Attached: tumblr_prwompCXh91sytiw6_1280.jpg (1280x869, 322K)

So what happens if it turns out Rey is a Solo or a Skywalker?

Threadly reminder

Attached: received_10160247154810453.png (2172x768, 1.05M)

>even his fucking avatar does the soi face

Yes, exactly. Now look at the supporting cast in the Disney films. They might as well not be there, they're practically cardboard cutouts.

But. . . Luke IS trained, on the trip out in the Falcon. It isn't covered how long that trip takes, but he's clearly shown training with Obi Wan.

>power chords

buddy lava melts rocks you cant stand next to it and be fine you can barely put your hand above the stove burner when its on high for longer than a couple of seconds

I need some context. Why is Dobson complaining about "toxic masculinity" in a Burger King ad?

It's odd that comics like this and Natty so regularly depict violence as an amusing/acceptable way to deal with people who have wrongthink opinions.
I thought Social Justice Warriors abhorred violence?

She's not and that was debunked THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO INCELIOUS REX

THIS ISN'T SPACE ALABAMA REEEEE

Attached: thisisn'tspacealabama.png (540x277, 58K)

/pol/ and conservative's obsession with whiteness and Christendom and so forth is literally, categorically identity politics.

>per 2 weeks

honestly fuck her mcdonald's of the artist world ass

Thank you. Came here to point out how often Luke gets talked down to, held down, yet EVERY TIME Luke GETS UP and pushes on.

>Uncle Owen talks down to him tells him to stay on farm

>Han talks down to him constantly

>Leia talks down to him "Aren't you a little short?" He's not a Stormtrooper, but he's still "short".

>gets shoved in the cantina.

>cut footage of his Tatooine friends call him "Wormie"

>FUCKING FLIES HEAD-FIRST INTO LASER BARRAGE AT FULL FUCKING SPEED to attack the Death Star after everyone else tried and failed.

Rey freed herself from Kylo and Finn & Han's "rescue" is really just there to give her a ride home so Chewie "The princess...you have to take care of her" can get snubbed so Leia can give a hug to a total stranger.

Rey is not allowed to fail or be falible. Luke got curb-stopped and still got up every fucking time.

How the fuck does this guy miss the fact that Luke was always referred to as a pilot?

>Top tier blaster skills
Now, I am loathe to defend Rey, user, but blasters is like the only thing she fails at in the first movie

So was Rey

>So was Rey
No, she really wasn't. And if she was, that raises more questions about her story arc.
>Why would she be a scavenger when she could just have Jakku as a home and be a pilot?
>It probably pays better.

reminder that this guy had or has a gf

wrong. Dobson is a self-proclaimed virgin.

NONE OF YOUR ADVICE HELPED AT ALL

PLS HELP DECIDE. I GOT 35 K ON COINBASE

Attached: file.png (500x500, 385K)

Why did Luke settle for being a moisture farmer instead of running off to the Academy?

>Why did Luke settle for being a moisture farmer instead of running off to the Academy?
That's different because it's a binary choice. Rey scavenges for junk, flies ships, and does all sorts of other shit that she probably wouldn't have time to do.

If she was just a pilot, that would also explain some of her abilities.

this person either has zero self awareness or is one of the internets greatest trolls

Attached: dobson on loss.jpg (600x1420, 118K)

Because normal women don’t try and fuck guys who murdered 5 planets and their own father

My all-time favorite.

Just the first panel by itself is hilarious.

>Cut giant hole in your shirt
>Hey quit looking!

>Is Dobson right?
goddamn look at these replies!
OP you are one hell of a master baiter

>my space opera is now a romcom
This happen with Warhammer too, REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>boob window
>DONT LOOK AT IT!

yeah you can rage at this argument all you want leftists but its true.

The reason they can is they are both absorbing the excess heat, as a lesser version of what Darth Vader did in Episode 5 when he absorbed Han's Blaster Bolts with this hand.

>you haven't even done your homework!

Yes, because every good movie relies on extra, outside material just to make sense.

Exactly. This is why all the Marvel movies reference the Marvel tv shows.

at least they're admitting that they just the comic book industry because they hated it instead of actually creating anything.

Keep seething incel.

Attached: 1514165539269.jpg (1449x1177, 261K)