I don't get it. He's like Arnold but none of his movies are good?

I don't get it. He's like Arnold but none of his movies are good?

Attached: dwayne-Johnson-640x360.jpg (640x360, 23K)

The Rundown is kino.

he's not like arnold

Doom, Tooth Fairy and Pain & Gain were good

He lacks Arnold's charisma as wel as his ability to headline blockbusters. Rock is an annoying ensemble actor who has long overstayed his welcome.

Only because of Walken.

>Arnold Schwarzenegger
>charisma
The man could barely speak for the first half of his career

Dude was amazing in The Running Man, True Lies and Predator.

so?

It's the "age" that he's making movies in.
Seriously writing and production quality has never been lower overall in tv/movies, imo. You used to get great action shit every summer it was almost a guarantee now it's a shock if anything turns out good.

I think Faster is pretty underrated. Not that he's great in it. But just as an overall movie, I enjoyed it And it played to his ability of just looking mean and big. I'm not a huge fast and Furious Fan but he was the best part of those and he's got Shaw and...Hobbs? Like not oscar material but I expect it to be fun.

And don't get me wrong The Rock is not a good actor that deserves better but really neither was Arnold he was just in great movies. And his size and presence sold it.

Arnold is first and foremost a shrewd businessman.He carefully picked scripts and directors (Cameron, Milius, Verhoeven - and what does The Rock end up with in Hercules? Fucking BRET RATNER of all people), he aggressively promoted his movies and his brand and interacted with fans as much as was possible pre-social media.

People really underestimate how smart he was. I say was because starting with the late 90s it was all downhill for Arnold.

I think he was just lucky.
He also did shit like Junior. And Kindergarden cop, which turned out kino but could have easily been garbage, same thing with Twins.

>lucky

'avin a giggle m8? Arnold was a millionaire from investing his bodybuilding money into real estate BEFORE starting to act. And he held on for the role of Conan for several years before it started filming, while refusing any major projects due to his bad experience in Hercules in New York so that he could present his image the way he wanted it.

Hooking up with Cameron was luck though, Based Jim was a nobody with a crazy robot movie in his head, and Arnold, already big at the time, went along with it, even if playing the villain could hurt his career.

I don't mean to say he wasn't a smart or hardworking person. But the success of the movies he was in had little to do with his ability as an actor. He's just one of those actors, that I put into the same category as Keanu Reeves. Is in great movies, Maybe he actually does have an eye for scripts, I don't know. But it doesn't change my opinion those movies would have been fairly successful if not just as successful without him.

>He's like Arnold
This meme is so fucking mean.

some of the rock's movies are nice
but literally 99% of his roles are big muscular tough guy
they tend to be very forgettable because of that

>But it doesn't change my opinion those movies would have been fairly successful if not just as successful without him.

Bruh, people would ''go and see the new Arnold movie'' without even knowing what it was. He was a massive factor in their success. I don't know if Terminator would've been as half as well received if it was OJ Simpson instead of Arnold's iconic mug. I also don't believe anyone else could've pulled off Commando or Twins as effectively.

one of the fakest and most cringeworthy NPC celebrities i have ever seen

who else here /littynation/

Attached: 1514654946915.jpg (1242x1432, 815K)

That was a long time ago. And it was carried by stiffler and walken.

Imagine the smell

He could have gone into action movies over a decade ago but did family movies first instead. I like him as an actor but nothing about him particularly stands out. That said, he's done some good movies just nothing brand defining.

Scorpion King was good in my opinion

>He's like Arnold
Not even close.

Arnold is a retired world champion bodybuilder, world famous movie star, and former governor of California.

Dwayne was a backup player at Miami, needed to turn heel to gain popularity as a pro wrestler, and relies on ensemble casts to do well in movies.

Ever heard of body language?

He was barely in movies for the first half of his career anyway.

Arnold's directors were:
>John Milius
>James Cameron
>John McTiernan
>Walter Hill
>Ivan Reitman
>Paul Verhoeven

The Rock's directors are almost all literally whos hacks. He's got the charisma but he's working on forgettable movies, which are profitable but nobody will remember fondly in 20-30 years.

PC era Arnold. That's the problem,hes not in the 80s/90s.

Arnold was a self made man who came from shit. Born in a shithole, lifted his way to fame, became a movie star and then a politician. He's never apologized and always been real with everyone from the steroid use, to his political views to the orgies. He never pandered. He's really only 6 foot 1/2 in his prime also
The rock was born a genetic freak took roids which he denied couldn't even make a cfl team, then got lucky in the wwe, then did gay shit to get into holkywood like Fuck gay directors no shit its an open secret. He then got "woke" and back on roids.
If the Arnold was born into the rocks life he would have been a hall of fame player, married into American royalty, and been president by now

To Arnold or to Dwayne?

>He never pandered
Lol!