What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: tlabposter.jpg (675x1000, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HR2kbOK8i6I?t=80
youtube.com/watch?v=wbi7xUd5TPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

head tattoo too cool

better than Korra lol

couldnt even say aangs name right. too many indians. fire benders couldnt create fire. lots more those are just off the top of my head

That scene where a gang of earth benders had to dance together to slowly move a rock the size of a watermelon

M Night was the absolute worst person to choose to direct an ATLA adaptation.
I know it's common in hollywood for horror directors to graduate to high budget action-adventure movies, but M Night's direction doesn't have the energy or attitude necessary to make a light-hearted, martial arts adventure story about kids saving the world from the empire.

He's no James Wan or Sam Raimi.

Trying to cram an entire show into one movie.
Shitty casting choices.
M. Night Shyamalan.

CGI was cool, though. They should have made a stand-alone story about a different Avatar altogether.

Are youuuuu....theOvotarOng?

>travel with kid for several weeks to his air temple
>then you ask him his name

Exposition: the Movie

It fails on the most fundamental levels. Never mind adaptation. The camerawork sucks. The editing sucks. The script makes no sense. It's practically all told in montage.The action is shit.

>The man named Shyamalan (where the "y" isn't pronounced) supposedly got the name of the MC wrong.

The way Aang's name is said in the cartoon is inaccurate because 'murica fucked up. Based on the obvious tibetan aesthetic of his tribe the movie gets it right.

It's not "inaccurate", M Night, it's a made up name that can sound however they like.

They made bending look fucking lame. I think half of the enjoyment of Avatar is the neat martial arts and the power fantasy of being able to control an element like that. It's not enjoyable to watch someone do 6 minutes of posing to throw 1 rock. It doesn't even seem like a practical power in the world either. In the movie it unironically seems like fighting with armor and a sword or something would be more effective. What's the fun in that?

Tried to cram too much into it, casting was all wrong, editing was bad, fights were boring especially compared to the animation, too long, shit acting, overall bad direction. At LEAST you can look at it and tell what it’s supposed to be an adaptation of. Not even Dragonball Evolution got that right. At least DBE was short though.

m night shaydalaminggongkalaiteluvukingdong happened

>we arrived at the northern water tribe
>we met princess yue
>we became friends

What the actual fuck was this?
Holy shit, this was some next level horrible directing/storytelling.

I thought I had the ridiculous airbending gif with the idiot just standing there waving his arms but I don't. But that's the movie in a nutshell.

Attached: dick head.jpg (1920x816, 179K)

Oh no no no no no
Wait 'till you see the...
Ohohohohohohoh
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
youtu.be/HR2kbOK8i6I?t=80

What does she use as a hat, a censor bar?

"Aang" is a real name, it's indonesian apparently, or chinese.

Casting these chucklefucks was not a good start.

Attached: eap4z0uwgeklwdxyi7cy.jpg (768x432, 74K)

I think all the actors in this movie did a horrible job. The only ones that I thought even tried was Iroh and maybe Zuko sometimes.

post the gifs

Reminder that Peltz on the right was forced on M Night by the studio, owing to her billionaire tycoon dad buying her a film career, which meant Sokka also had to be white. Rathbone actually auditioned for Zuko.

That guy on the left really looks like a masculine Taylor from Billions

Attached: Meet_Taylor_Mason__Asia_Kate_Dillon__Billions_Season_2.jpg (864x762, 116K)

Some of the monks can meditate...for four...days.

Unironically, everything.

Post the bending and find out.

Sit on THAT

He's making fire out of NOTHING.

Here's your bending bros.

Attached: bending.webm (748x352, 738K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wbi7xUd5TPc

Jesus Christ.

Not enough Zucest
In the Netflix series Zuko and Azula should go full Stark twins

Are you an airbender boooy?

>the show is 100% american
>the fucked it up

Here's your Aang/Ong bro

Attached: SGY-020808.jpg (509x750, 39K)

what were they thinking?

also magic made up tribe-ese

he looks like him

>firebenders have to carry kindling and matches everywhere or they were helpless.