Can anyone recomment me some horror kino...

Can anyone recomment me some horror kino? I’m sick of childish stuff with cheap and infantile jumpscares and prefer a more atmospheric, slow-burn type of horror film. My favorites are pic related and Hereditary.

Attached: E929BA76-E45D-4AAC-B24B-EC69A4A0ED8B.jpg (320x474, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3T8rOQ3tuik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Can anyone recomment me some horror kino? I’m sick of childish stuff with cheap and infantile jumpscares and prefer a more atmospheric, slow-burn type of horror film. My favorites are pic related and Hereditary.

Attached: image.jpg (629x499, 197K)

What’s soi about not liking jumpscares?

Fresh from reddit arent you?
You literally are the meme incarnate

Avoid texas chainsaw massacre
>jumpscare
>someone dies
>jumpscare
>someone dies
>jumpscare
>someone dies
>movie ends

I know you're trying to shove this stupid meme down our throats but jumpscares are for normies and plebs and everyone knows it

go ahead and post the graphic, I don't even care

I'm on this site for more than a decade my dear soiphoneposting tranny friend.

Attached: SOI4.jpg (2300x2300, 604K)

atleast post the complete version

Attached: SOI4.jpg (2300x2278, 2.07M)

You don't understand what a jumpscare is. A jumpscare is not defined as 'anything that is unexpected or sudden'.

ive just resigned to calling it soihorror because everyone knows what I mean. Looking forward to Midsommar but heard it wasnt a horror movie. Is it another It Comes At Night bait and switch?

>Alien, the original Halloween and The Exorcist are not good horror films
Let's all point and laugh at the moron

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it means, but I dont think we should call them bad per-se, just overused sometimes. A cheap jump can be permitted in some "slow burns" if it cuts the tension briefly, or if the movie is toying with us a little bit

i appreciate the image but these movies a shit

Seething redditor still seething lmao

Hagazussa
Kill list
Borgman
Borderlands
The possession of Michael King
The Blackcoat's Daughter
The lords of salem
Antichrist

Post good horror then faggot

Can someone explain this meme? Is it post-post-post irony?

no one actually likes those annabelle flicks

The op is just the jumpscare bad poster trying to not get instabanned.

poes law in full effect. No one even knows.

Imagine being this insecure about your taste

No. It's one unironic weeb capeshitter posting on his phone 8 hours per day minimum and unironically likes flicks like The Nun.

Unironically kys for liking the witch.

/thread

Both the witch and herreditary had jumpscares.
In fact most pseud horror flicks still have them.
Why do numales lack any self awareness?

Good idea, I will spam this now

Attached: E3CB56BD10A0470E9AE4C6C6456E19FA.jpg (243x234, 18K)

Holy seething redditor alert

>subtly seething

Terrified

whats this then
youtube.com/watch?v=3T8rOQ3tuik

OP will you really spend your entire summer this way?

Why do these threads makes redditors like you lose their minds?

The Haunting (1963) is pretty good and kino imo

Attached: 41ZPQ21NMML._SY445_.jpg (311x445, 22K)

the hunt
truman show

I wish I spent more time posting online jumpscare threads to anonymous strangers

Attached: 1412513638203.jpg (344x386, 47K)

No musical sting, not edited frenetically or with any attempt to be startling. The shot that reveals Leatherface lingers for a second or two rather than less than a microsecond. It's sudden, it comes out of nowhere, but it still gives you time to process what is happening and does not rely on simply startling you to be unnerving. It's not a jumpscare.

SEETHING

Kek

He's just trying to help you user.

Imagine seeing a joke image collage that was most definitely created to bait people and actually subscribing to the joke as opinion and fact because you're that devoid of personal agency and original opinion that you take every ironic bait post and Yea Forums joke as fact

>truman show
ugh, confirmed for the most insufferable brand of pseudo-intellectual contrarian that exists.

b a s e d

Attached: The_Void.png (220x326, 89K)

>What’s soi about not liking jumpscares?
>I know you're trying to shove this stupid meme down our throats but jumpscares are for normies and plebs and everyone knows it
>go ahead and post the graphic, I don't even care
>Imagine being this insecure about your taste
>The op is just the jumpscare bad poster trying to not get instabanned.
>No. It's one unironic weeb capeshitter posting on his phone 8 hours per day minimum and unironically likes flicks like The Nun.
>poes law in full effect. No one even knows.
>OP will you really spend your entire summer this way?

Attached: image.jpg (400x250, 185K)

>Le imagine imagine
Seething

Imagine not understanding that treating someone who is pretending to be a retard like an actual retard is the proper response

uh oh

Great argument

Attached: fat-nerd.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

>Oh fuck yeah give me those epic jumpscares and please fuck my wife

Attached: OP.jpg (1313x817, 151K)

they are unironic zoyboys from reddit that watch video essays about atmospheric horror movies and jerk off to how smart they are for hating jumpscares.

Why does the jumpscare bad poster trigger redditors so fucking hard?

Is that not just taking the bait? Better to call people out so actual discussion can be had

Why do you keep asking the same question over and over again?

>ATMOSPHERIC THINGS ARE BORING

Attached: brainlet.png (645x773, 87K)

Literally the first question I asked. Also good answer.

this thread is ridicolous. of course soibois create the best horror flicks. chads are never afraid, scared, doubtful, ever. thats why you need a cuck to make a good movie

Not an argument also strawman

No. But if you feel like you are smart and superior because you think you "understand deep movies" you deserve to be quoted with a basedface.

Oh I see, you just can't be bothered to check the thread to see if your question has already been asked five times

I don't think anyone is claiming to be a genius for being able to understand Hereditary. Some filmgoers just like obsessing over the subtle little details of the things they like. You don't have to perceive it as some sort of threat. Why does it trigger you so hard when someone simply appreciates a film for being effective and not using shortcuts? You just immediately assume they must think they're better than you because they like a movie where the filmmaker is confident enough that he doesn't feel the need to violently shake the camera in case members the audience might be dozing off? You're weird.

are you dense?

You should like this, OP.

Attached: The_Wind,_2019_Theatrical_Release_Poster.jpg (259x383, 16K)

It's basically the Witch set on the American Frontier. She does not become a witch of course but she is allegedly driven insane by demons like Mesimer prince of pestilence, Succorbenoth, bringer of jealous thoughts, Mara, damner of souls, Babael keeper of graves, etc. etc. The ending is voluntarily much more ambiguous.

This movie was shit.

>Watched this the night before my wife gave birth.
She made me turn it off.

based as fuck

gay faggot and a nigger

Trying his hard to be edgy

Look at all those meme replies. The absolute fucking state of this board.