So is Historical drama a way to go? is it a only way to create kino show?

so is Historical drama a way to go? is it a only way to create kino show?

Attached: chernobyl-hbo.jpg (2400x1603, 556K)

Chernobyl did have a lot of its poignancy from the fact it actually happened and we knew how bad things got before the characters did. When the firefighters and plant workers are still thinking it's just a normal fire we already know they're dealing with something much worse, and that helps with the sense of dread.

There's a lot of historical fiction that isn't good regardless of it being a true story, though. Chernobyl had the right combination of subject matter, approach, style and talent

It will always have people nitpick it to death over inaccuracies.

still, terror and chernobyl were kino

I live in Eastern Europe and that image looks just like home...
Depressing.

Attached: 12112125161261.jpg (275x183, 11K)

i too live in eastern europe. where are you from?

Eastern europe

same, this pic might as well have been taken from my roof

lost hard

>(((historical)))

still kino

Now I live in a really nice place, but for 18 years I lived in a commieblock just like that. I actually miss it

North-East Romania.

Attached: blocuriapartamente.jpg (640x426, 304K)

Stellan and Jared are the key to kino

i live in eastern poland. blocks are common in former people's republicks

stellan wasn't in terror, but funny how many people were both in terror and chernobyl. stellan was amazing szczerbina tho

I know. I've been through Bulgaria a couple of times and I couldn't believe how similar our shithole countries look like.
The same depressing commie blocks everywhere.

I love commieblocks, they're comfy af

Do eastern european normies know of HBO's Chernobyl? What do they think of it?

Attached: chernobyl looking at the core from the roof.webm (1024x510, 2.85M)

They're ugly, poorly maintained, poorly built and extremely uncomfortable during the summer.
Maybe you only like them cause they're an exotic thing for you.

Season two comin' up!!! August, baby!

Attached: 59e91cfc1500009e0d74683c.jpg (720x448, 55K)

yes, hell even former spokesman for polish communist party was talking about chernobyl from their perspective

God they’re so cute. There’s not enough cute old men kino

Why didn't he just jump in? He must've known he's a dead man walking at this point and how excruciating the death will be? I know they did save some people with really bad radiation poisoning, but it's a slim chance.

What did he say? Interesting to hear real world takes on these sort of things

Attached: berated and ignored after irradiating yourself on command.webm (1280x638, 2.72M)

HBO miniseries are the way to go. But you cunts ignore any that are just character dramas.

Attached: Mildred-Pierce-mildred-pierce-miniseries-27016524-1600-1200.jpg (1600x1200, 352K)

that they did everything right and they was administating iodine in time despite modern opinions that they have waited too long with iodine. my father was a techer during that time and he was giving iodine to students

blessed post

They do, we even got more news articles about the real Chernobyl for a while.

>tfw no one really what the fuck had happened back then and the accident was just a small column in the newspapers

Your father sounds absolutely based.