Thank you for traversing time and space to get back home to me, father

Thank you for traversing time and space to get back home to me, father.

Now fuck off.

Attached: Interstellar-Old-Murph-750x316.jpg (750x316, 25K)

>scenes men will never understand

>you can leave now, my family is there
What was her problem ?

She disowned her own dad, quite the femcel if you ask me

A man wrote it.

She treated him very badly. The ending seemed very rushed, it left a lot of things there with no regard. Just to begin, why the fuck she did not take a second to present HER FATHER to the family?

>Yeah you know this is man is the second half reason why we didn't go extinct as a species, and he traveled time and space to get here, and HE'S MY FATHER, but whatever, go away, not important.

I cry at this scene every tim.

>that ending
>literally confirming the he was peeping on his daughter in her bedroom from the bookshelf realm the entire time
Interstellar was some weird shit, man.

They barely paid attention to him. I mean even if he wasn't their goddamned ancestor he was still a fucking legend, but they didn't give a shit.

Based and incestpilled.

>Just to begin, why the fuck she did not take a second to present HER FATHER to the family?
Maybe she did off-screen.

Because she was literally dying.

iirc we see the entire scene, from the moment he enters the room to the moment he leaves.

He was only around her life until she was like 9, why would she care that much for him after all those years

Because he did not belong, he is from a different time. That's why he left back to what's her name

Daughters don’t care about their dads, they resent and hate them

Wouldn't she have aged significantly by the time he got back there?

Its OK user, you can admit you've never had a decent dad.

That only happens if daddy gets in the way of their teenage horny period. He left her when she was 9, so she only had the best memories of being daddy's little girl.

Because he saved the world ?

How come he never asked about his fucking son!!??!!!? during these scenes?

WTF DAD!?

He never came across as if he cared about his son. In fact, was there any point in even having the son character at all? He didn't really do anything important in the movie.

We didn't really see between the moment they stopped talking and the moment he left.

for real though, that shit was cold. sounded pretty contrived.

They both went to the water planet and did the slingshot around the black hole which was the bulk of the time they were gone, the few minutes it took for him to fall into the black hole wouldn't have been that significant in comparison

story of your life eh

Attached: 1506779458590.png (540x632, 334K)

>They both went to the water planet
What ?

By the way, why did the water planet distort time that badly? I thought it was just the black hole that did it, and the planet would've only had a minor impact on the distortion.

What about the scene where he's catching up with his messages only to find that his daughter never forgave him for "abandoning" her, and he has to watch as his son slowly gives up hope. That scene is hard to watch.

>"Thanks for coming to watch me die, Steve. Now get your ass back to when I was young and boobalicious and fuck me right into the 1960s"

Attached: peggy-carter-death-bed.jpg (590x350, 33K)

black holes have an enormous gravitational pull, i assume it had something to do with that. that being said, the black guy must have been far away for it to not affect him.

>twenty years alone
>the walls aren't covered in human blood and shit after he went insane from being isolated

Ruined the immersion, to be honest.

The black guy was in orbit from what I remember. So I don't understand how time was normal for him but so distorted for the crew.
He must've been what, 0,001% farther from the black hole than the people on the planet's surface were?

He had a hard drive full of JAV.

He was shitposting here on Yea Forums all the time.

blackholes can be small you know, if you swapped sun with black hole of the same mass nothing would have changed besides the eternal night sky

>blackholes can be small
Why don't we build a tiny black hole to test time travel n shiet ?

That one got me pretty bad. Imagine being gone an hour, then coming back and watching 20 years worth of messages from your family; watching them slowly get more distant and unfamiliar as they grow and change as people, then finally the messages stop altogether. Imagine helplessly watching your loved ones become strangers. This is why Alzheimer's and dementia are the only things that truly scare the shit out of me.

What's what they tried to do with the Large Hadron Collider.

no way, that would fuck us up real good.

I can understand the argument that the "family" in that room were not his, it's just a bunch of strangers he had no connection to, so that group of people and the dad had no call being in the same room with her.

BUT, on the other hand, I it was me I would have told everybody to fuck off and let me share my last moments alone with my dad. I spent all my life with them, and my dad had been missing for most of it.

Attached: ahnold numero uno.jpg (1200x1016, 91K)

I don't think that's true. Black holes spin around their own axis extremely fast, surely that would send out tons of gravitational waves that would distort our orbit, no?

>my dad is such a bad father he went into space to save the world and I never saw him again
My favorite part of civilization is the inherent ignorance that it fails because humans are what they are, filthy monkies

>My favorite part of civilization is the inherent ignorance that it fails because humans are what they are, filthy monkies

Attached: neckbeard-fedora.png (594x422, 377K)

what, she knew she was gonna drop dead in the next minute so she had to tell him to gtfo? she probably had days left considering that she was so lucid. nah, fuck this old hag.

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: stare.png (303x307, 157K)

>room full of relatives
>he doesn't care
>she doesn't care
>non of the relatives care, they just keep talking about stuff in the background
>after some small talk she tells him to fuck off
>he is like "OK" doesn't even protest
>immediately leaves to take his robot buddy, steal a spaceship, and play space ranger to rescue the damsel in distress

The whole ending sequence is incredibly odd, nobody behaved like a real human being.
>immediately goes and

Attached: 1445995967628.jpg (457x480, 26K)

>pretty sure this undead ancestor will fuck up the inheritance process

I think the words you are looking for are "BRAVO NOLAN"

>you named the station after me?
>no, just the person who got your message after you risked your life traveling through space and time to save humanity

Coop should have warned Murph about Jews when he went through the black hole.

>she treated him very badly
He literally abandoned his daughter at like 11 years old because of his "Dream". Shouldn't have squirted out a couple kids if you still had dreams you cared about that much. What a piece of shit. Then you think he can just drop back in 80 fucking years later on her death bed? Fuck off.

Attached: 1286739047471.jpg (447x444, 95K)

>He literally abandoned his daughter at like 11 years old because of his "Dream".
Have you seen the movie ? He left to save mankind, and he was kinda forced.

It’s pretty obvious she had more emotional attachment to the rest of the family considering she knew them far longer. Her father left when she was what? 11 years old? And come back for 5 minutes some 90 years later. Lol

Besides, she told him not to watch her die.

He left for his dream you mong. They didn't need him and he wasn't forced. They weren't even looking for him. He wandered into their base and found out about the mission by chance and signed up.

she spent like 20 years being angry and feeling abandoned, but the latter half of that time she should have realized her father went to save the world. After getting the watch message she should have spent the rest of her life thinking that her dad was a hero, because he was.

You do realize that if he hadn't go away everyone would be dead right? I'm pretty sure she realized it at some point, especially after she noticed her father was appearing behind her library from another part of the universe/time to communicate with her.

it's still pretty selfish of her, seeing as what he went through to get back to her. like give him a few more minutes jeez

>his "Dream" of saving the lives of literally everybody on Earth

Rewatch the movie and pay attention this time. His dream was to go to space. Did you fucking forget the part where his first mission was a botch and it's all he could think about since then?

Would any of you just BRAPed in her face before leaving?

To be fair, the hate towards the dad increased exponentially after she assumed that he knew about Dr. Whatshisface's lie, and that he left earth knowing that everybody was doomed. I don't think she ever realized that wasn't the truth.

Which is why he specifically mentioned the recordings of earth sounds kept him sane

Do people not watch these movies

This. He doesn't even ask about what happened to his son, it's like the whole bloodline carried autism.

Doesn't he say he spent a lot of time sleeping, only waking up to collect data from Gargantua?

I don’t know a good family that cares about each other can adjust pretty rapidly to someone that don’t really know but is still part of the family. Should have just had him very quickly and awkwardly accepted into the family until the daughter asked him to leave, because her death should be about her not the new guy.

Nolan is shit when it comes to drama.

So what’s Cooper’s first name? On the astronaut’s suits they all have their last name printed on it and his says Cooper. When he arrives to Cooper station, he thinks it’s named after him but it turns out he named after his daughter’s last name.

How about Isaac?

Cooper Cooper

What about his grandson on his sons side of the family? They say they named him Cooper after his grandfather.

Wiki says Joseph.

>Christopher Nolan film is poorly written
Shocking.

>"You're on Cooper Station
>"Wow, you named it after me?"
>Haha! You fucking wot, m8? As if we'd name anything after you, you stupid asshole. We named it after a REAL hero, not some redneck piece of shit like you."

Wow, that was a bit harsh.

what even was the son's name?

kek

They all call him Cooper in the movie though. I’m going to watch this film again.

>Jesus christ murph your cunny must look like a fucking dirty vacuum cleaner bag now, too old do not want
Wtf nolan?

>as if we'd name it after a Hwhite Male
>stupid drump voting nazi lmao

I have no idea what happened in this movie. So much science babble then suddenly some love magic

Tom

Wew his daughteru was a bitch in the end? Fug. I kinda fast forwarded this boring movie but ouchie that's a nice touch.

This whole movie was so fucking stupid, it's unreal.

>use the books on the shelves to send a message in morse code or some shit
>the books are still there in that same order years later when she's an adult
>as if she'd even make the connection that it's a secret message at all is a bigger suspension of disbelief than the black hole stuff

Nolan is a HACK.

>when you're too much of a brainlet to a Nolan blockbuster
Say hi to your handler

love is not magic, it's literally a fundamental force like gravity

which is even more retarded than saying "magic"

So did he never see or find out about his son when he returned?

Attached: gevxp9dvk7b11[1].jpg (2048x1494, 248K)

The movie is bad, it feels like it was made by someome that Googled "cool space science" and added some stupid plot to it.

Why didn't they send the fucking robot alone? It was obviously more competent and useful that a platoon of these scientists.

That's not Murf.

There was literally a point in the movie where he says, "Tom will be alright; it's Murph I'm worried about."

we never should have settled in groups bigger than a few hundred

Nolan: "I really want to be considered the next Stanley Kubrick, but I'm too much of a talentless hack"

This. We've lost the sense of community by overpopulation. We need to go back to living in tribes.

>Wew
>daughteru
>Fug
>ouchie
bro you need to get out. go to a park, read a book, something.

The question was why Brand wasn't older than Coop, and the answer is that Brand and Coop went through all the same time dilating events

So thats a no?

>You know why we couldn't just send machines on these missions, don't you?
>A machine doesn't improvise well because you can't program a fear of death. Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration.
t. Jason Bourne

Based hunter gatherer.

Attached: Sur-la-piste-rouge-Indiens-de-Guyane-3-4.jpg (480x352, 37K)

I bet he forgot he even had a son.

Once she said to leave I would've dabbed on her in the background so the last thing she saw was her dad dabbing on her death bed for being a stupid bitch.

>The question was why Brand wasn't older than Coop
Mmh no ?

He was dead, a ghost, notice how the other members of the family don't even notice him.

A woman wrote this post. Or maybe a tranny. Either way disregard it.

Well they did not improvise much on that planet. Hey a fucking planet is covered by water i bet it's great for colonization let's all go and get a box from there like it's star trek. Who wants to be a red shirt?

>So what’s Cooper’s first name?
Coop

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Learn to fucking read m8

>That's why he left back to what's her name
>Wouldn't she have aged significantly by the time he got back there?

>>A machine doesn't improvise well

Which is funny because the mission was saved from Doc Mann's faggotry precisely because the machines improvised.

What was there to improvise? If the planet supports life send a signal, if it doesn't then do nothing.

>what he went through to get back to her
She didn't see that, she didn't know, why shoud she care.

Also, this movie is utter shit, why are we having a discussion about it?

I wish it was a movie focused around machines. It could become an interesting movie that way. Instead of some bitch whining about power of love and useless dad.

He was just "a vision", something you see before you die. I would react in a similar manner: "get the fuck out of here, dad! Let me enjoy my other visions".

I would imagine if my grandmothers father came back to life and showed up at my grandmothers deathbed we wouldnt shoo him away but be more like " holy shit its that guy! "

The question was
>why the fuck she did not take a second to present HER FATHER to the family?
Which has nothing to do with the rest.

Because the film is actually excellent, pretty memorable and you're just another nolan-hater pleb

That doesn't make any sense. Then again, nothing in the film makes sense to begin with

If I wanted a shocking twist I would watch any Shyamalan film. In fact, that's what I'm going to do right now. Goodbye losers.

Anyone else get really tired of posts like these? I feel like in the 21st century because of the advent of the internet dumb people can pretend to be educated by watching a few youtube videos on physics or some documentaries. Most people who criticize science in films like these don't even have a fucking degree, no science background, but because they listened to Neil Degrasse Tyson once they feel they are so called experts?

I just don't get it lol. You are a moron, stop pretending you are anything but a poser who is desperately trying to prove to others that you are smart for poking holes in a science fiction film (even though Nolan consulted actual physicists for the plot in his movie.

Kill yourself.

My dad was also a cop. I miss him.

>t.BRAVONOLAN

Imagine being this much a faggot

It was really, really far away, in another galaxy. That's the explanation for ya.

Good post

Please post your applied physics degree, I bet you don't even have a bachelors in any scientific field. I'm just sick of pseuds like yourself coopting the sciences and pretending you are intelligent. You are a bum, you work for minimum wage and the only time you feel anything in your atrophied brain is when you think real hard about science and how maybe this science fiction film doesn't adhere completely to reality.

Get educated.

You stupid fucks, you didn't understand the message of the flick; you get old, you get dumb, also you lose your sex appeal and you can't fuck nor take a dump.

Old. Formerly young.

>message of the flick
>"love transcends space and time"

Wow, deep.

>if you swapped sun with black hole of the same mass
Black holes are only created when extremely big and powerful suns die an collapse, son. Our sun could never become a black hole, for instance.

>Black holes are only created when extremely big and powerful suns die an collapse, son
This is literally unproven, unobserved, make-believe.

Says who? Some dubmbass scientiest?

The only correct opinions ITT. Kaczynski was right.

this movie sucked outside of matt's performance

I have a degree in applied physics, shut your uneducated mouth.

>user is too retarded to understand simple dialogue
Why would she let her father see her die? A parent isn't suppose to bury their child.

ITT incels seeth because they will never direct a masterpiece like Nolan and will n very be loved by anyone

Attached: 1561175273946.jpg (614x768, 79K)

Parents also aren't supposed to be younger than their children. I think the usual 'rules' go out the window here

they also lose mass by hawkings radiation(albeit very slowly) so in theory you can get small black holes even if you assume the only way they can form is by super nova explosions

kek post it man, you won't because you are a pseud who pretends he's educated on Yea Forums

Why do you think it would be acceptable or okay to have a parent watch their child die in front of them? She knew it would crush him into hopelessness if this happened.

Right because her dying out of his sight makes it that much better?

Why did none of the brilliant scientists think of the massive tidal waves when you land on a water planet next to a black hole?

Attached: 1540934343400.png (355x424, 8K)

>Let me enjoy my other visions

What other visions?

Jesus Christ

My name is Buck...

When she fucked her first boyfriend, when she ripped her vagina in order to have her firstborn, her first anal, when she went on vacation and had direct sunlight in between her buttcheeks...

Why did they think a planet ocean was a good place to settle in the first place ?

Are you my daughter?

The planet must have been orbiting the black hole extremely fast, ergo time dilation

I could literally go the rest of my life without interacting with another human being and be perfectly content. Hell is other people.

What difference does that make? The ship with the negro in it obviously had to keep up with the planet's orbit.

Y-Yeah imagine being alone for 20 years haha I'd probably DIE or something lool

>tfw neets are the future of space exploration

>doxxing myself

lol no

>Murphy: Don't you want to know about your son too dad?
>Coop: who?

Attached: 1345157268492.png (446x334, 200K)

kek I remember seeing some article a while back about the struggle ahead training astronauts to live in confined quarters with nothing to do and nobody around for extended periods in long space journeys
I'd do it for free desu

One man =/= men

I had a problem that he didn't care about his son and the movie never addressed what happened to him either.

Like literally fucking 70 years ago by their timeline.

That would get repetitive after a month. We're talking about twenty years. He'd have gone batshit crazy after six months.

I think you should consider suicide.

Hey now, Dad will be back from getting those smokes any day now.

My god, the tasteful thickness of it...

There would literally be a holiday. Like today is July 4th, celebrating the signing of a document over 200 years ago.

Of course, in this timeline no one seems to care and pretend Brand and the rest didn't exist.

>all these people saying she was a giant bitch in this scene
Can someone refresh my memory on what dialogue was actually exchanged between them because I've honestly forgotten.

Woah, a true rational thinker! xd

>"oh your dick"
>"what?"
>"oh my husband's dick"
what did marvel mean by this

She wasn't. It's the one scene in the movie she isn't a bitch.

I was more bothered by Coop not even asking about Tom.

The orbiting space ship was in a higher orbit. The mass of Gargantua was so large that the amount of gravity (and resulting time dilation) was immense. So even a few thousand kilometers difference could be enough to see the effects once inside the gravity well.

user I'm not fapping before nightfall, fuck off
saved, though

no one mentions that he didn't give a shit at all about his son lol

I still haven't seen the movie, I was never sure of this spoiler but it was so obvious from watching trailers. So now I know. And I don't give a shit.

>le twist
>muh spoilers
You're high test on retardation

t. didn't read the thread

That's not how that fucking works, though.
It doesn't matter how big the black hole is, it won't just have a barrier where if you cross it time is completely fucked, but if you're right at the edge then you're completely fine.

She literally tells him to go into space and rescue Dr. Brand and have space adventures colonising a new world

>rescue Dr. Brand and have space adventures
Yeah we all know what she meant.