Disney Live-action remakes

How will people in the future look on these Live-action remakes? Will any of them make an impact or will they slowly be forgotten in favour of their animated counterparts?

Attached: d0a9e04a2fa1c430.jpg (3000x2000, 702K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insidethemagic.net/2019/07/nightmare-before-christmas-remake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everyone’s already forgotten the ones that came out like 5 years ago

This Disney era will probably be called the remake age.

Most of these movies will age like crap.

Millennials are such subhuman soulless scum they will probably be the only people who treasure and defend these garbage remakes for decades.

There was a Cinderella live action?

>The only legit interesting one of the lot was the one everyone hated.

They will run out of movies to remake sooner or later.

which one?

I enjoyed the Book of the Jungle one, thought the kid actor did an hell of a job considering he was working with next to nothing, I mean he did a better job than what other accomplished actors in the Star Wars sequels could not do.

But I dont feel like rewatching it, now or in the close future.

I watched Aladdin, I actually wanted to see a movie made here, with a great italian actor recounting an unfortunate real life fact, the mafia-state relationship which is still strong, but oh well.

Aladdin was better than I expected, I feared Ritchie had lost it after that King Arthur movie, but it made me think more of "I wish I had seen this cast working on an original property".

Is not one of those remakes that upstage the original like Scarface, or Ocean's 11, or John Carpenter's the thing, god damn that movie is good, I recently rewatched it, while the original feels more like a generic movie monster.

I wish Disney would put more money into original things then just redoing live action of everything.

I look at the trailers for Lion King and it feels so dead, sterile, is realism, and sure is impressive it looks like a National Geographic documentary, but the anthropomorphic way and mannerism of animals which Disney heavily pioneered is important to get the audience closer to the characters, plus I look at Aladdin, Beauty and the beast, Jungle Book, Lion King, each of them had its own distinct aesthetic.

While watching Aladdin I looked at his little monkey and I felt sad thinking "oh, so this is how Lion King is going to look like uh?", abu had its own charm, you know they didn't use stock sound of a monkey, they had a voice actor give it pitch, a quasi-voice and all.

Burton's Wonderland.

Forgotten. Most of their 2D animated films are instant classics that stood the test of time. They were good at it.

Will we see a new generation of live action in 10 years? Live action Incredibles, inside out, UP, etc?

They'll be seen as what they are: pathetic cash-grabs and an attempt by Disney to retain their 'Disney' identity in an era when they may as well rename their film branch 'Marvel'.

Disney's live-action remakes are the modern equivalents of their direct-to-dvd sequels

>Will any of them make an impact or will they slowly be forgotten in favour of their animated counterparts?
It's not about impact, it's about the money.

user you aren't implying these remakes are forgettable are you??

This summarizes it perfectly

Definitely. They are already doing Lilo and Stitch which is honestly pretty modern

It was one of those movies pretty well received initially than people started bandwagoning on it as being bad.

Breaking

insidethemagic.net/2019/07/nightmare-before-christmas-remake/

They'll be the go to movie that lazy parents put on to keep their kids occupied.

>alice in wonderland
wasn't really a remake. pretty decent and different on its own, sequel was alright too
>Maleficent
shit was forgotten the moment it released
>Cinderella
pretty average and easy to forget. the animated version is peak iconic, the theme parks alone will be enough to keep the animation alive
>beauty/beast
people only cared about this for emma but they forgot about it in less than a year, the animated version is young enough to remain relevant on its own merit

they'll be known as another Jewish attempt to erase white culture.

I think people know these movies will never live up to the impact that the originals had, but at this time a lot of the generation that grew up in the Disney Renaissance probably has kids, so they might think "I can go see the same movie I watched as a kid in theaters with my own kid."
Now it just feels like a cash grab while Disney is trying to pump out another Disney Renaissance for the next decade.
I'm not looking forward to the Lion King, since it will be all CGI and look like crap in 5 years. And I'm kinda bummed out Matthew Broderick isn't casted as Simba.

It will be awhile but I hope they never make Frozen live action.