Brawl In Cell Block 99

This was super cool. Now I want to watch the movies from the 70's that inspired this.

Attached: a3905705667_10.jpg (1200x1200, 462K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7B7NOT1vr44
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not aware if it being inspired by anything.
But go and watch Cool Hand Luke, for your own good.

Drive

this one might be up your alley. similar story of honest guy getting railroaded by the authorities/criminals and it also features one of the craziest stunts in film history.

Attached: 32924.jpg (800x1199, 623K)

>i don't anything about the history of film

What's the stunt? Also, OP might like Dragged Across Concrete. Same director, Vince Vaughn and Mel Gibson, police/crime thriller type flick with a similar lower-budget/gritty/grindhouse feel.

Try the original Straw Dogs from the 70s. Also Zahler is cool but this board overrated him, he hasn’t made a truly great film since Bone Tomahawk. He needs to stop catching that obnoxious actress in his movies, too, she has no talent.

>What's the stunt?
youtube.com/watch?v=7B7NOT1vr44

Celda 211 is prison kino.

Straw dogs is a good call, peckinpahs nihilism is a good fit for zahler. Also 70s era friedkin is tonally similar

>has to roll out then back in order to escape the path of the car after it's struck by the train
>let's make it explode as well
The balls on that guy.

Attached: 1548819992540.gif (260x260, 2.01M)

Came here to recommend Straw Dogs.
Already mentioned in the thread, so I guess there's still some people with taste in this board after all.

It wasn't inspired by anything. Zahler is a genius.

not the 70s but Lock up is one hell of a fun prison movie.

Attached: lock up.jpg (666x1000, 98K)

he dead?

Cool Hand Luke is 10/10

Fact, not opinion.

It's very amusing reading the 1 star reviews on Amazon for this. Half of them are some variation on
>I love Vince Vaugh, but this was just unwatchable!

Thanks for this, will watch.

Attached: trumpbolsonaro.jpg (450x600, 32K)

In a better world perhaps he would be given bigger budgets to make the films he really wants to do but making them lower budget is the only way he can get full creative control.

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky
this is trashy asian flick but fun annd it has a shit tone of those cheesy special effects

Watch The Burning Moon, the director's favorite horror film. It's based and redpilled.

This has potential to be a based thread. Everyone post your recommendations.

Attached: MV5BNDQ5MTk5OTQtMWRmYy00ZGVjLThlYjItYmMwOTU3ZjI4MjEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxMTY0OTQ@._V1_.jpg (978x1470, 568K)

Homoerotic trash

Debatable. Try The Standoff at Sparrow Creek, same company Cinestate that made all of Zahler's kino. It's a fucking paranoid right-wing knockout, no hyperbole. The casting is perfect.

10/10 criminally underrated flick

Escape from Alcatraz
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
Race with the Devil
The Last Detail
Sitting Target (1972) - masterpiece
Charlie Verrick
Taking of Pelham One Two Three
Framed
Walking Tall
North Dallas Forty
Who'll Stop the Rain
Straight Time
Serpico
Parallax View
Bullitt
The Getaway
Night Moves

Based list. I’ve seen all but two of those. If you haven’t seen them already I’d recommend
The laughing policeman
The outfit
The day of the jackal
Report to the commissioner
Dillinger
Rolling thunder
The squeeze
The gambler
Thunderbolt and lightfoot
Electra glide in blue
Hickey and boggs
The mechanic