I have no idea what I had just watched

I have no idea what I had just watched

Attached: End.webm (854x480, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.evageeks.org/thread/17500/EoE-Final-scene-explained-and-connected-to-EoTV-GWF-Hegel/
youtube.com/watch?v=MGLGWMIZlNU
forum.evageeks.org/thread/15478/Hideaki-Anno-x-Kazuo-Koike-October-22-2013/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are you some kinda brainlet

Attached: rei.jpg (1440x1080, 83K)

__ee_vangelion

It's for stupid people that want to feel smart.

i love her so much bros

Attached: waifu.jpg (1124x1600, 222K)

human instrumentality = conspiracy with space shit for everyone be one and live in fantasy land

sinji learn to accept life and leave fantasy

he get mad that asska is what he left fantasy world for and kill her

but she not mad at him so he feel and cry

Attached: 38e.jpg (659x525, 41K)

Literally no one does. Pure pseudointellectual bullshit. Anime days don't actually understand high art, so they think convoluted plots and incoherent writing somehow makes it deep. Then they reply to posts like this by saying, "It's so easy to get!" - but I can absolutely assure you, their hentai rotted minds DO NOT get it.

This. The Japanese are just bad storytellers. That's why I'm a toonaholic. I can't stand anime.

Attached: steven.png (1360x768, 872K)

Attached: 379.jpg (600x354, 129K)

Why do Japs hate G-d so much?

toons are even bigger gay bullshit

fuck, anime is cringe

Babbies first ahneemay

they don't. they're not Christian, but do have a fascination of Christianity that comes across like a fan fiction interpretation of it.

Attached: 19-07-04_08.38.02 Creamy.webm (1280x720, 1.43M)

go back to Yea Forums. This is a kino television board newfriend.

Literally this. All the judeo-christian mythos is just mumbo jumbo Anno slapped on because he thought it was cool. There is a consistent theme of mommy issues and depression, but the original series does fuck all to explore or resolve these issues.

It's just 23 episodes of Anno being an emo faggot, 2 flash back episodes, and 1 unfinished animatic

How did it make you feel? fren

How are the movies ?

>I learned my lesson that I should open to being close to other people even if it means I get hurt
>reeeeeeee kill Asuka the only other person on earth!!!

are you retarded? both American children's cartoons and Japanese children's cartoons are stupid and for children. It's not a competition.

watching this again 10 years later and nothings different. decent anime that goes to shit at the end, no one liked the ending back then either

The Rebuilds? They're like an alternate universe retelling with different events, less consistent than the show and EOE with a lot of bad shit but still some good scenes

Its about depression and fear of getting your drivers license and a gf

Attached: wojak_05.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.jpg (1420x1188, 169K)

>stops trying to kill her
what a reeeetard you are

The showrunners blatantly stated the show is for "slow" people

brainlet here: does the coffee/choking scene really happen or is it part of shinji's instrumentality? and if it is the latter, is he interacting with the real asuka there?

The entire series focuses on The Hedgehog’s dilemma and the final episode concludes with Shinji finally understanding that others won’t love him until he loves himself. You’re either retarded or watched the Netflix dub while playing some dumb video game.

Trash redditors pretend its any better than capeshit

It’s the beginning of instrumentality, it’s a representation of Asuka in Shinji’s mind. She represents the individuality of humanity which Shinji decides to kill out of insecurity that he’s not garunteed love.

>falls for obvious bait
>are you retarded?

Attached: 1530398507915.png (647x580, 527K)

He began instrumentality by choking Asuka, he panics and tries to go back once he realizes what he lost.

I really liked this Stephen Universe reference. How did Netflix manage to add that into the anime? How was it in the original version?

How is learning to love yourself at all a resolution to "we hurt the ones we love"

"End of Evangelion" was originally released in 2007 as "Rebuild of Evangelion". In this re-release they added new scenes and changed some dialogue translations.

you just fell for my bait, friend.

Attached: 815091850918508.jpg (1182x754, 52K)

Why? Do you like references just because? It's a pointless wink for credo.

had some nice animation but I swear its only popular because of its vague ending and random christian references that never make sense

I can see why it would've spawned a lot of conversation 20 years ago when there was nothing else to talk about

Reminder that Evangelion is for lame-o's, while Azumanga is for cool kids

Attached: reminder.jpg (1280x960, 280K)

The movie has a positive message but that last scene just doesn't make sense.
It is just to shown realistic shocking reactions after coming back from instrumentality?

It's good that Shinji was able to accept himself but it doesn't change the fact that its the end of the world.

Attached: genesis.jpg (1600x1600, 308K)

Why the fuck do we have multiple threads about this at all times the past weeks?
go back to Yea Forums, you fucking weebs, already.
Jannies can kill bane threads, lighthearted shitposting or defend china with their lives but can't do their fucking job and delete off topic shit like this

Attached: 1544555638133.jpg (1080x1083, 146K)

Then it's a bad ending? Because some are supposed to come back too.

The future is up to them. Impossible to say, the story is over. You have to make your own impression of things.

Go back to episode 1 and start over

You too

Way too different in tone and structure to even compare.

They feel like what id imagine a big budget Hollywood adaptation would feel like

I see it that way.

Attached: xcjU6x6.jpg (1645x2287, 591K)

If you weren't a brainlett you would know that the ending is in no way vague.

Back to episode 1

>that last scene just doesn't make sense.
>It is just to shown realistic shocking reactions after coming back from instrumentality?

He came back from the instrumentality because he realized life with all its sufferings is still worth more than a fake fantasy world. When he came back from instrumentality and saw the only other person there was Asuka, who spent the whole series bullying Shinji, he doesn't want to be hurt again so soon. If it were Rei or Misato there he wouldn't have tried to commit murder. She responds with tenderness and he cries because he's been shown genuine affection and overall because he's been through a lot of shit.

>coming back from instrumentality
user, instrumentality is literally killing everyone in the world, and melting their souls down into one big pot. there is no coming back

It’s on Netflix, thats why.

Interesting.
What happened to Rei? She became immaterial and immortal? She appear during a last moment.

Did you just shut the movie off before the end or what? Shinji rejects it causing Rei to fall apart and he and Asuka coma back, Yui says everyone else has the choice to as well.

Rei literally says that if whoever wants to come back, eventually will do so.

Asuka died and came back, Shinji's mom said every beings could return back to their human form if they decide it, this is literally what Shinji decided with the god-like power of Lilith / Adam.

Should have figured the fucking inbred zoomers who inhabit this wreck of a board wouldn't know how to pirate like normal people.

I got a job like a normal person to afford the boxset when I was like 14

The manga certainly ends on an optimistic note.

Attached: future.png (644x843, 1.07M)

He's not mad, he's checking to see if he's still part of the LCL soup.

>TFW you finally lived long enough to see casuals understand that Anime was a Mistake

Attached: 1474230423574.png (498x568, 345K)

I just liked seeing Rei smile

Attached: rei.jpg (1280x800, 75K)

>wanting to get a virus

It's fucking anime so what did you expect? Anime is entry-level philosophical babble that masquerades as art and attempts to promote rhetoric, and failing miserably.

It's all cringe inducing bullshit that gets a free pass for the simple inclusion of pseudointellectual themes rather than the actual execution of said themes.

>Going to Yea Forums to talk about anime
What are you, retarded?

>pirate show
>get arrested
>have to pay $4 million fine
>get sent to prison for 40 years
>get raped
>have to pay $4 million in asshole reconstruction surgery

My brainless understanding is based on Shenji being broken down and remade twice in the series and that his mum saying that the Eva's can work as a kind of ark in a flashback I would say the Eva's can absorb and remake their pilots, but only remake them if they wish to enter reality again.

At the end Shenji makes some kind of super ark which could be used to give humanity a second chance but only if there are people who want to return to such corrupt world.

>with all angels dead, SEELE decides its time for human instrumentality and third impact
>Gendo has own plans, rebels
>SEELE throws everything they had at NERV
>Gendo hastily attempts to activate Instrumentality, but Rei rejects him
>godlike Rei (thanks to the joining of Adam and Lilith) emerges, finds SEELE's drone Evas attempting to initiate the Third Impact using unit 01
>Rei has non of it, intervenes and puts Shinji in charge of the whole thing, and asks what the fuck he wants to do now
>after some rather deep soul-searching and instropection, Shinji decides that life is worth living, no matter if it is full of pain hardship
>third impact stops, Asuka and Shinji are the first humans to return
>very last scene is a reminder that they are still two severely messed up kids and they just can't magically switch off their mental issues

There, EoE explained.

Attached: 1385094714009.jpg (207x208, 11K)

Is Gunbuster taking place on the same universe as Eva after instrumentality?

He was choking her to confirm that their AT fields had returned. Otherwise his hand would have just gone through her neck, and her hand would have gone through his face. She reacted with disgust because instead of being a man and choking the life out of her he sat there and cried; Asuka hates weakness

End of Evangelion

What I find odd is that Asuka died *before* the third impact happened, she wasn't part of the instrumentality, so how comes she could return? Does that mean that everybody who has ever died could do the same, not just the people who got tang'd?

So it's basically REEEEEEEEEE GIB GF: The anime

>he get mad that asska is what he left fantasy world for and kill her
>but she not mad at him so he feel and cry
He thought Asuka was dead, so he’s finally getting back at her for her shitty attitude. He realizes she isn’t dead, though. All he can do is weep at his latest failure. Asuka is revolted.

Well if you love yourself you aren't going to go out of your way to hurt others. Hurting others always comes out of anger because you're a piece of shit no one cares about.

>He was choking her to confirm that their AT fields had returned. Otherwise his hand would have just gone through her neck

He could have touched her pussy if he just wanted to make sure of that. Shinji wanted Ascaa to die.

If their soul was collected by Rei, they can return

Attached: misato juice.png (852x480, 265K)

>She reacted with disgust
She says "kimochi warui" which more literally translates to "I'm going to be sick"

>she wasn't part of the instrumentality
Every creature that ever lived on earth was a part of instrumentality, every last soul on earth was sucked back into the chamber of guf inside Lilith's black moon.

Attached: Black_moon_souls.png (420x240, 168K)

Well, yes. That's correct. Good for you user. You got the point.

>Every creature that ever lived on earth

Pretty sure that's not true. I mean, "Human Instrumentality Project". There is no mention in neither the movie or the show that it extends non-humans.

DELETE THIS FUCKING THREAD
THIS IS NOT THE ANIME FUCKING BOARD GODDAMN WEEBS

An artistic masterpiece.
The Third Impact is the most beautiful thing ever.

EVA isn't an anime anymore. It transcends the anime genre and is now considered a Yea Forums show.

Attached: 1499577460884.png (1200x1200, 155K)

>Pretty sure that's not true.
The Lilin aren't just humans, everything that evolved out of Lilith's primordial soup is part of the same system.

All life on earth comes from Lilith, but the very core of the instrumentality (that is, condensing all human souls into a singularity) is exclusive to the Lilim. Otherwise, poor Pen Pen would have been in pic related clapping at Shinji.

Attached: nopen.jpg (602x452, 109K)

Pen Pen does appear in that scene though.

Don't listen to this clown. EoE is a rorschach test, you can see and project whatever you want because it was written open ended like that, it's why it's so good etc.

Nigga what are you talking about, they literally say Lilin = humanity.

Do we agree that the 24 year old asuka in 3.0 has fucked everybody in that ship, several times?

I don't think she died, I think her Eva was just horribly mutilated

Until 4.0 concludes Rebuild none of that shit is canon.

but did you like it or not?
go to evageeks

She got gangbanged by spears in every single square centimeter of her body user.
I'm pretty sure she's dead.

She is actually 28 years old in that movie, way past christmas cake in mind but not in body.

Eva is like sports videogames to me. I really wanna like it because it's popular, accessible and a little more shit comes out every year.

But it's just so...lowest common denominator

Asuka is secretly tomoko tier

I just can't handle the faggot MC, sorry.

nah

What's it like being better than everybody?

I've never met someone IRL that watched Eva, or even Robotech or Gundam Macross

Is there an academic essay I can read about this tv show

what I found odd is that she came back with bandages. I think the damage the the pilot can receive while synchronized with the Eva is part real part psychological? so even if her body could come back in perfect state, because in her mind she had been hurt maybe she imagined herself hurt and that's why she came with bandages?
why did she come back with clothes anyway? when Shinji came back from tan during the series, he was naked because his clothes had gone floating somewhere. so bandages is even more ludicrous

I don't even meet people IRL who watch any anime or play video games beyond Fifa.

forum.evageeks.org/thread/17500/EoE-Final-scene-explained-and-connected-to-EoTV-GWF-Hegel/

>he uses windows instead of GNU/Linux
pleb.

LCL = Primordial soup = where all life came from, hence Pen Pen being in episode 26.

Attached: Untitled.png (793x543, 686K)

Yes and every time Asuka is riding the cock carrousel Mari is sitting in the back, fully clothed, with a smug smile on her face, always watching without saying a word.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x211, 427K)

I've never met someone in IRL that posts on Yea Forums

... does that mean non of you exist?

It is possible that she was absorbed by her Eva before they hit. Which could explain why she came back with all her wounds.

I am really grasping at straws here but it could be possible if we assume a dead Eva could still do this.

Rei collected her soul, Misato and Ritsuko died before Instrumentality and they saw a creepy Rei ghost right before they died.

Don't start getting metaphysical with me user, I'm freaking out.

>still initially tries to kill the only other person on the planet
Lol

it's not really the end of the world, it's a cartoon

It's a big world

Lilim = cellular organic beings using evolution who can be multiples.

Angels on the contrary are immortal solipsist life-forms who never change their state.

Instrumentality is basically making all life created by Lilith evolving into an Angel-like entity, the primordial soup but with the souls of everything who came from Lilith.

To test whether it was still Instrumentality. Your first post made him out to be some maniac who wanted to murder her, which meant he wouldn't have stopped.

You have, I just don't advertise it

a movie where rei is best

Reminder this Saturday we will get the first ten minutes of this final movie, I will see it in Paris with Yoko Takahashi being there.

Retard-san, the judeo-christian stuff is mere aesthetic.
The interesting part of the anime is the re-elaboration of classic sci-fi and conspiracy topoi, and the solidity of the (intentionally awful as people, but masterfully written) characters.
You are two idiots.

Oh, I didn't know. Nice, looking forward to that.

Attached: neat.png (434x255, 271K)

>he posted on Yea Forums

Instrumentality are the literal Waters of Pre-Creation

SEELE believes transcendence can only be death, humanity reverting into primeval sludge

Gendo hates the world that could not love him so he decides to sacrifice it for the one person who could

The whole series is a meditation on pain and loneliness and what the isolated human heart will do to return to the warmth of the Mother/Void

Life, being, can only be healed by non-being

But in returning to nothingness the Self must make nothing of even its own capacity to be healed by that nothingness

Shinji is caught in an ontological catch-22: affirm Instrumentality and return to primeval goop where is no Logos/AT Field and hence no boundaries, everyone smeared into nothingness

Or affirm individuation and accept the suffering intrinsic to all relationality

The choice is yours. You will (not) regret it.

Attached: bruh.gif (220x163, 438K)

I mean, that's such a low bar to clear, I can't say much about it. And it's really just saying "I enjoy less stuff". Here I am starving for the caliber of vidya I want and finding nothing, and sports fans get their stuff every year without fail.

I want to be the sports fan so badly

Post best girls

Attached: 597.jpg (500x621, 95K)

>SEELE believes transcendence can only be death, humanity reverting into primeval sludge
Would you rather live in the real world or make anime real?

Attached: あああああああ!!!!.jpg (236x314, 18K)

It is your psychological type that Anno was trying to knock some sense into

Men who want to retreat into onanistic dream-wombs provided by a machine they despise

Men who believe cartoons can be an alternative to the inexhaustible fullness and richness of life

He was talking to you, colorless flowers, colonized by illusions

Notice how neotenized your waifus are, they are as neotenized as your souls

I see it everywhere, and it has only gotten worse

Attached: far.gif (480x347, 2.57M)

Yeah but it that makes them happy why wouldn't it shouldn't they be allowed? Why should they suffer? Because you do?

Anno was a depressed loser who got lucky. Now he's just a salty lucky depressed loser.

He was just mad at fans sending him death threats after 25 and 26 so he threw in a Fuck You to all of them

haha imagine rei hastily putting toast in her mouth because it is late for school, but instead of toast is your cock

I have

They are...interesting specimens of humanity, that's for sure

Shut the fuck up and get back to work on 4.0, Anno. It overdue by like 4 years.

Attached: question.png (624x480, 267K)

NGE only really works if you're a male teenager in the early 2000s. It aged really bad.

Toast takes like 4 seconds to eat, who the Fuck would just carry the toast that way

based

Attached: rei tang why contain it.jpg (195x309, 35K)

Is it true Shinji gets wider hips each iteration?

good thing he didn't have a gun to shoot her to test if hes still in the instrumentality

Because it is a counterfeit happiness, but because you've never stepped outside your mirror ball, there is nothing with which it can be compared

I've done both, dreamt in the womb and been out there in life, met a few girls, had good times with a few friends, and the difference between the two is immeasurable

I don't say you should perform a C-section on yourself because it's fun or right, but because what's lying outside is real

Shinji didn't choose life because he should have, but because it was real

Else you remain plastic children of a plastic God

Insipid and reductive

Attached: far2.gif (500x289, 336K)

It all returns to nothing.

Attached: last thing you see.jpg (1068x600, 87K)

>Insipid and reductive
You're thinking too much about a man who was scorned by his fanbase. Even Anno is human

Attached: 1562227784552.png (800x800, 38K)

>Else you remain plastic children of a plastic God
Exactly. Now buy some merch~!

Attached: eva.jpg (930x620, 362K)

>su

please kys

You're thinking too little and are projecting effeminate motives on a master of his craft

Holding up a mirror to an ogre doesn't mean you're butthurt about what he thinks about you

The quality of a medium always suffers when its adherents demand it conform to their superficiality and dogshit thoughts

I think Anno would have traded the lot of you for just a few viewers like him in a heartbeat

Attached: far4.gif (500x347, 396K)

Attached: well congratulations - eva1560645709178.gif (498x366, 327K)

What does Asuka stew taste like?

Attached: 1562103611548.png (500x500, 436K)

Why not both?

Attached: azu eva4945.png (400x400, 51K)

Ash to ash, dust to dust.
Eskimo as sorbet, niggers as soot perhaps.

1 1/2 pounds beef high-quality beef chuck (cubed )
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large white onions (chopped into small pieces)
1 cup white mushrooms (fresh, chopped)
3/4 cup of dry red wine
1 cup beef stock
3 medium-sized white potatoes (peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces).
3 medium-sized carrots (chopped into pieces)

looks like some sort of kid's animation.

kys and have sex.

Anyone have a screencap of that weeb with toast in his mouth?

There's a great future in plastics. Think about it. Will you think about it?

Attached: densha rei538.jpg (704x396, 58K)

i'm the 1% of people who have seen both evangelion and nadia.

anno just likes that kind of imagery for the sake of looking cool / surreal, there is nothing to know.

tfw people still use the image macro you made of best girl

Attached: rei best waifu major.jpg (575x575, 114K)

_Bad_ fanfiction.

Basically they take christian symbols and words, put them in a blender and spread the paste over cookie cutter "plot" framework and mortar the gaps with whatever fetish the otaku are currently masturbating to in their hikky cubes

I know. All these filthy casuals.

Attached: summertime osaka.jpg (640x480, 26K)

GUISE

Lets be honest here. We all, at least once in our lives, upon having breakfast, have done the whole anime "toast in mouth" thing.

>buying both Rei and Asuka merch
disgusting
(and maybe a little jelly)

Attached: Rei DSC01130-Copy.jpg (900x600, 167K)

I will, I promise

Attached: spicy.png (842x744, 807K)

I heard the ten minutes will also features on some festival in Los Angeles the same day concerning murica.

and the people bowed and prayed
to the neon genesis evangelion god they made

Attached: DSC01132-Copy Rei 1562170744981.jpg (1200x800, 258K)

Shit. Is that for Anime Expo? I think a friend of mine who lives in Japan might be going.

pretty sure this is just in Shinji's imagination. I doubt his dad would clap

I own it on Laserdisc.

Attached: 1.jpg (1632x918, 708K)

looks like you watched a vastly inferior mecha
boomers tend to overhype NGE more than what it actually is (garbage)
Dont worry though, you still have time to watch the best

Attached: Kv04.jpg (1600x2260, 1000K)

What did the melons REALLY mean?

the west does literally the exact same thing with taoism, buddhism, and shinto, making them all generic "eastern mythos" instead of what they actually represent.

No need to make the additional clarification. Fanfiction is inherently bad.

>Be Anno
>Direct a Godzilla movie
>Accidentally remake Evangelion for the 4th time
he really just can't help himself can he?

Attached: the-end-of-godzillas-tail-in-shin-godzilla.jpg (1206x604, 51K)

That's because it's actual shit that makes no real sense. Ignore the people who say "lol it was just too deep for you." They don't understand it any more than you do, because there's nothing to understand. Evangelion is nonsensical garbage.

they're a representation of relationships. relationships, like watermelons, need to be cultivated carefully and tended to regularly. they don't just spring up from nowhere. the significance of kaji being the one to water them is likely a nod to him not really having much loyalty to human relationships and instead caring for the melons instead.

I regret not buying some when I was in Japan.

I haven't watched the episodes since like 2007 or whatever, but these threads make me want to rewatch. I might start around episode 15 or so. I don't know if I want to see stuff like Jet Alone or Lilliputian Hitcher again. I dunno, I guess I probably should give it another fair shake. Watching my dvds though, fuck Netflix lol

Attached: WELCOME TO GOOD BURGER.jpg (500x375, 67K)

>tfw Evangelion probably contributed to Robin Williams' depression

Attached: eva.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

here.
To add to this, go watch Rahxephon instead. Rahxephon is Evangelion if Evangelion were actually good.

What the f--- did Shinji do in Asuka's bedroom?

Attached: The End of Evangelion.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

>He's a good guy and he has a silver sword that can kill bad guys
Damn, that kid hated Asuka.

I just got mine from a private collector in Japan, they even have the SKU to ring them up on the plastic wrapper. The 2 episode releases all have obis but there are 3-box sets with different art but no obis of like half the price.

Attached: 2.jpg (1632x918, 475K)

Spilled his yogurt

>toon

he tried to glue together a get well card for her but he's too clumsy and spills glue all over. Shinji, being way too hard on himself as usual, then says "I'm so fucked up" in reference to his inability to complete the card.

His dad has a worst hand

Attached: WTF.jpg (1440x1080, 172K)

>TFW you'll never experience instrumentality

Why are our worlds political conspiracies just about shitty money and women?

What should I (not) expect?

Attached: 1562255061385-a.jpg (580x1031, 144K)

politicians have to make do because space aliens and metaphysical ego barriers don't exist in our world. if they did you bet your ass there would be illuminati shit trying to control them.

This

Do NOT fall into the trap of trying to find meaning in this incoherent jap garbage

Enjoy the face value visuals and give evageeks a year to put it all together

Turn off Netflix lil zoom zoom and watch a true anime kino

Attached: CvpqlyQXEAAuqda.jpg (1200x675, 123K)

singularity politics should be interesting if we get close to that in our lifetime. Then again, we probably won't know anything about what happened until it's already done.

What the fuck is up with all those scenes of still frames that go on for 20 seconds of silence and the scenes with sequences that loop like 6 times in a row?

why do you have a throw pillow mounted on your wall?

Try watching it again when you're an adult.

It's a counter-zoomer system. 5/6 times looking at phone, 1/6 times looking at the screen = successful viewing of scene.

Jesus fucking christ, look at this ridiculous babble

And you nerds think this is “art”? Laughable

budget constraints. also if you're referring to the asuka mindrape scene and watched the dub, in the original japanese the loop had more context since each loop asuka spoke with the voice of a different VA, which was something the english dub didn't do.

Soon

Attached: Based Shinji.jpg (1280x1024, 157K)

Is Rei the most beautiful maiden in all of anime?

>Yea Forums
>anime

Attached: 138ADD98-C93F-4E92-B400-C141B4B79033.jpg (250x241, 9K)

Based

Would you a cake rei?

Attached: Rei 0.png (580x600, 332K)

Asuka is preggers :D

Havin'
A
Giggle

LMAO this rationalization

I think that image is from the Dreamcast game "The Rei Ayanami Raising Project". Of course, I own a copy of it, complete with NERV mouse for the Dreamcast. I even found the artbook for it.

Attached: rei tech 1362730571634.jpg (800x600, 243K)

They got a buncha different occupations and lifestyles Rei can grow into.

Attached: rei police officer 1362730779621.jpg (800x600, 158K)

some... very different

Attached: rei is going to punish you 1362731334325.jpg (800x600, 163K)

That's alright neither did the fucker who made it.

They even have the Netflix live action adaptation version of Rei.

Attached: Ganguro Rei 1362728104812.jpg (800x600, 185K)

They no longer sue or arrest you just for pirating. Worst case your ISP sends you a letter or email letting you know you were dumb enough to get caught, and for you to stop.

If I could post nipples, I'd post that Shinji Ikari Raising Project manga which showed Yui & Asuka's mom naked.

>buying cartoons

Was her head transplanted onto the body? Why two skintones?

People they come together
People they fall apart
No one can stop us now
'Cause we are all made of stars

Attached: Moby and ZOMG teh rei - blur c.jpg (450x600, 130K)

Cartoons are literally for stupid niggers and women. Anime is for men of taste.

Post a picture of your Rei animation cell. You DO own an original Rei animation cell, right?

This is weird because it's literally me after every drinking night with friends. I just wait hours in the kitchen drinking gallons of water to not feel shitty in the morning.

>Wow jannies why do you always have to ban me for my shitposting
>Why don't you spend more time deleting threads about a television and film series from the television and film board?

>convoluted plots and incoherent writing
t. retarded manlet to understand a multilayered narrative that asks the viewer to engage with the material more than the average Hollywood flick does

And no. I am not defending Evangelion.

>the re-elaboration of classic sci-fi and conspiracy topoi
Lol. Both are merely used as baggage in an attempt to create a foundation for the show. They are never the focus and are terribly written accordingly.

>TFW there is no kino where Rei retired from piloting an Eva and became a lonely MILF seeing ghosts everwhere and working as dominatrix.

Attached: 9180-814875364.jpg (704x1600, 163K)

All humans are lilin but not all liliin are humans.

that's the point
the mystery is more interesting than knowing precisely what happened

Either capeshit tier shit like the other 3 rebuilds. Or the most kino movie of all time that puts the rebuilds into perspective. It's absolutely one or the other.

But the angels weren't wrong or displayed as being wrong. In fact Ramiel was very cute

Kek

Sorry, my genitalia is for Misato only

im pretty sure everyone does merge though, and you could choose to join or not

you watched pure kino
/thread

what version has the best subs?

Attached: eva.png (1912x4936, 1.08M)

The last two episodes are the only interesting ones and the only reason this show is notable

>SEELE are humans
lol nope

You guys do know this meme has been bad and wrong for years, right?

collection is a great hobby honestly

Blessed threadIdk, but I went for Blu-Rei

should be gendo

Look at Gendo. Look at his hands.
You see any fuckin' clappin', wise guy?

Nah, Congratulations is the only good thing to come out of the series, because it's a good way to clap for someone like a retard in picture form. Otherwise EoE is the only good thing to come out of the IP. You could literally watch EoE while skipping the entire series and be 100% fine. I'm surprised nobody's made an OVA for the series as a "the only shit you probably wanna know before EoE" version.

>he watched 25 & 26
such a waste of time lol

Did he just strangle that girl?

The proper procedure is
1) Watch 1-24 (DC versions)
2) Start EOE
3) Pause at beginning of instrumentality
4) Watch 25-26
5) Finish EOE

25 & 26 are at odds with EoE though. I don't see how 'congratulations' could ever be what he intended to do with the series. it's literally the same 3 lines repeated over and over and over and over again. just watch EoE

>anno had literally no idea where the series was going and pulled the entire second half out of his hairless asshole
color me surprised

Attached: 1560573015378.jpg (1192x976, 78K)

Congrats is basically this scene. Shinji weighs the prons and cons of reality, and though scary, confirms he'd rather choose reality.

Attached: earth, sun and moon.jpg (1366x685, 72K)

Seen any of the preview/teaser footage yet? Because it's definitely the former.

yeah, I know. I'm saying that it's a waste of time to watch it because EoE exists. I'm not gonna pause EoE and turn on Anno's feverish the-project's-due-tomorrow diarrhea

It's called Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth and it was released in 1997.

What is the beginning of instrumentality

It's the part where instrumentality starts.

after asuka get kebab'd

Every time I see more from this show it looks more and more like pretentious trash made for weaboos that don't know what good is.

It works as an extended cut. You don't really get a sense of what Instrumentality is in EOE alone. The school harem anime adventures of Shinji add a lot of flavor text. You don't need it, but I think it's pretty great.
When Come Sweet Death winds down

Attached: melt away.webm (635x359, 264K)

Maybe you should try watching it

I'd hate to spend so much time in a series and just leave out two episodes like that. Even if it's flawed I'd feel like I have an obligation to complete the entire series. I enjoy the different perspectives and interpretations one can glean from both endings

You are trying too hard

But we do know exactly what happened

>its literally me
You're a nigger?

t. salty public tracker cuck

Pretentious weaboos think it's overrated pleb trash

Nope

Attached: melfina.gif (720x540, 3.72M)

when I saw those it completely turned me off of the series and made me not want to watch End of Evangelion, which is a shame because EoE is pretty great in a lot of spots. I used to prefer the ambiguity of 25&26 and I thought 'congratulations!' was a good end to the series but now that I have a better understanding of the series I'm not gonna watch them again.

basic opinion to have but I do hate the series and love it at the same time. additionally, I don't think Anno had a clear intention for the show at any point and only deserves about 40% of the praise he gets.

something can be pretentious and good at the same time

It's trash for pretentious weaboo normalfags (autists who engage in the pretense of being normal and cultured). Weaboos who make no pretense at being normal but do make a pretense at being cultured tend to turn their nose up at Eva but do not condemn nearly as much as they should.

It's trash that only redeems itself in orgiastic porn parody, offering release of sexual tension as opposed to catharsis from any Angst, so vacuous and contrived.

Attached: 1543969524470.gif (640x480, 883K)

>I don't think Anno had a clear intention for the show at any point
Do you have any evidence for this though?
youtube.com/watch?v=MGLGWMIZlNU

Just watch it famalam

>I don't think Anno had a clear intention for the show at any point
You couldn't be more wrong

Pic related

Attached: download (28).jpg (259x194, 8K)

anno altered the show to piss off otakus and
>Further changes to the plot were made following the Aum Shinrikyo sect's sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway in March. Azuma Hiroki has said that the original Evangelion story was "too close to reality" from Anno's point of view. Basically, Anno thought that the original scenario was not suitable for broadcasting, and he feared censorship. However, he also criticized Aum Shinrikyo, because "they lost any contact with reality". For this reason, Azuma stated that Evangelion "is an intrinsic critique of Aum".
so he completely altered the main point of the series 4 months before it aired
>By episode 13 the series began to deviate significantly from the original story, and the initial script was abandoned. The number of Angels was reduced to 17 instead of the original 28, and the writers changed the story's ending, which had originally described the failure of the Human Instrumentality Project after an Angel attack from the moon.
yep he completely pulled it out of his ass lol

>Starting with episode 16, the show changed drastically, discarding the grand narrative concerning salvation for a narrative focusing on the individual characters.[45][46] This change coincided with Anno's development of an interest in psychology after a friend lent him a book on mental illness.[47] This focus culminated in a psychoanalysis of the characters in the two final episodes.[8] The production ran so close to the airing deadline that the completed scenes used in the preview of the twenty-fifth episode had to be redesigned to work with the new ending.[48] These episodes feature heavy use of abstract animation,[49] flashbacks,[50] simple line drawings, photographs[51] and fixed image scenes with voice-over dialogue.[52] Some critics speculated that these unconventional animation choices resulted from budget cuts,[53] but Toshio Okada stated that while it wasn't only a problem of schedule or budget, Anno "couldn't decide the ending until the time came, that's his style".[54]

See

see

>Anno was able to create this level of kino on the spot

Attached: giphy (3).gif (245x200, 1.85M)

This only makes me appreciate NGE more Tbh

I didn't post these as an attack on evangelion, just that anno pulled it out of his ass

You must be very fun to hang out with

Because...

LEARNIN' TA LUVVV YASELF
IT IS THE GREATEST LUVVV UF ALLLLL

Attached: Whitney.jpg (474x355, 23K)

>that one asshurt mod deleting lazar threads.
get fucked weeb I know youre here.

>Student Questioner: What about the final episode of the TV series? You said you dislike moe, but isn't Asuka moe?
>Anno: When I did the TV series, there was as yet no such thing as moe. I like Sailor Moon as well. For the TV series, we certainly ran out of time. We had no time for episode 25, so we remade it for the theatrical edition. The final episode, episode 26, was going to be that way originally. In the scene in episode 16 which depicts a conversation between Shinji and the angel, Tsurumaki-san forbade [the angel's use of] Japanese. So due to that, the theme became from then on conversations with oneself, and it ended with the question of how you can come to terms with other people. We did [the finale] in four days. We did the voice recording first, and then drew the storyboards.
forum.evageeks.org/thread/15478/Hideaki-Anno-x-Kazuo-Koike-October-22-2013/

Things change all the time in production, Indiana Jones was reported as pretty 'make it up as we go along.' Creative work still deserves credit.

Attached: 25.png (1019x762, 1.48M)

kek

well that's a pretty apt comparison because I view Anno as a Lucas-type figure who's certainly brilliant but is made better by people around him

>he thinks it's kino
>it's just a giant robot fight show with some philosophical stuff mixed in so it's not all empty calories
>even the guy who created it knows that

Attached: 1506645170819.png (287x288, 88K)

Anno is a hack, you just watched trash

Go back to Episode 1 and try again

Did you make this? If so please kill yourself.

Based

I want to my wife Tomoko until she's full and ready to bear my children!

Attached: tomo.jpg (599x600, 90K)

Never watched it, never will.

I've watched enough anime to know how the formula works. I'm bright enough to admit when I'm eating snack food.

Attached: 1549824510419.jpg (455x455, 102K)

these anons never suggest something better/smarter.

>Never watched it, never will.
>
>I've watched enough anime to know how the formula works. I'm bright enough to admit when I'm eating snack food.

Attached: 1547412610166.png (1274x1188, 881K)

The Human Condition, now go.

*is the true best girl in your path*

Attached: 2F9FFD65-0449-42DE-AA8A-21D70B22DB5A.jpg (261x253, 18K)

that scene as a vibe of pic related.

Attached: Griffith Eclipse.jpg (1280x1853, 394K)

What happened to Kaworu and Rei? they both transcended to another state of existence?

Kaworu's dead, JIm. Once Shinji kills the "original" version, the rest are copies piloting the MPs. Pretty much the same thing with Rei III. The giant being just assumes their forms to calm Shinji down. the Rei that watches Shinji from a distance is Yui/Unit-01 taking that form.

This could be literal perfection, Satan, but you ruined the suit. Why did you ruin the suit?

>tfw no apocalyptic goddess/mother of humanity gf

Kino

Who are you quoting?

use control-f dipshit

This guy gets it

b&r

then what happened to Lilith (rei) and Adam (kaworu)? they both died? how do you know the final Quantum Rei was exactly her mom? Instrumentality was finished and she's now in deep space.

Kaworu said that for him life and death make no differences, and it's basically the same feeling for Rei, they don't care because they are superior beings with superior perception.

Where the fuck was Kaworu for teh whole show?
How did no one realize he was an angle if he had the same skin/hair as Rei?

He's Seele's version of Rei. He was kept secret at their location until his reveal. He was good at keeping his identity under control until it was time to meet Lilith.

>Where the fuck was Kaworu for teh whole show?
>How did no one realize he was an angle if he had the same skin/hair as Rei?

He was with SEELE. They created him after Second Impact by putting Adam's soul in a human donor body. SEELE was going to use him to trigger Instrumentality and turn control of it over to them.
After meeting Shinji and deducing SEELE's intents, however, he decided that Shinji would be the better controller of Instrumentality since he wasn't as ego-driven.

No one at NERV recognized him as an angel because he didn't set off their alerts like all the other ones did. Even if they recognized him as a clone, that's not alarming in and of itself, ultimately.

>they both died?
Basically. They (Lilith, Adam and 01) all merged together and with Rei's influence after being absorbed by Lilith, Shinji was given total control. Shinji rejected instrumentality, which caused the giant being (Lilith/Kaworu) to die and fall back to Earth as a huge corpse. 01/Yui remained in space watching over Shinji.

I would let Rei ride my bologna pony

>it's just a giant robot fight show with some philosophical stuff mixed in so it's not all empty calories
Sounds like kino to me, fren

Can I get a quick rundown on the rebuilds? I’ve seen NGE and EoE 4-5 times now but never got around to watching them. Are they new series's? Or movies? Why does asuka have an eyepatch

Thanks

They are a quasi-sequel. Ostensibly, the first two movies are a compressed reimagining of the series. The third movie goes completely off the rails.

A couple of remarks that Kaworu makes in the movie suggests that he is aware that time has somehow re-set following the failed/rejected Instrumentality. Either that or, when Shinji rejected Instrumentality he created a separate reality.

It's all pretty vague, but basically all you need to know is this: they're shit.

.mp4

The only thing that I wish EoE had was a 30 minute scene of Shinji fucking his mom's ghost while in the Eva, culminating in semen exploding out of his dick in the form of a cross, plus a shot at the end revealing that that got Eva 01 pregnant, making Eva the Virgin Mary bearing the Baby Jesus, and neither of them would have to suffer eons in the depths of space alone.

Besides that, EoE was perfect.

Was this The Last Jedi of Evangelion? No but seriously what the fuck were they thinking

Attached: mad misato.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Attached: oliver.gif (360x390, 201K)

That's actually a pretty good comparison. The producers are both bereft of ideas, but the IPs are still popular, and they all really like money, so crank out new content until you've wrung every last drop of blood from that stone.

is this from the remakes?

Rebuild 3, which took the series in a totally wild direction.

MEEEOOOOOW

Attached: unit02kitty.png (1110x700, 749K)

sheeit i was thinking about watching those

I still would. They have their moments of greatness, but it does get really wacky.

Attached: 2.22.png (1280x720, 1.1M)