The orgy scene was kino

The orgy scene was kino.

Attached: 7CCDC7C9-D14C-4430-8957-EBD9E3875E8A.jpg (590x350, 35K)

>wypipo do be like dat doe: the film

Attached: 1548639020400.jpg (480x853, 99K)

But dey do doe

Attached: IMG_20171009_135554.png (720x530, 434K)

I didn't really like this movie. It seemed pointless by the end, just like Hereditary. I didn't care about any of the characters despite how much time they spent developing them. They could have cut about a solid hour out and it wouldn't have really made a difference. Too many things seemingly happened offscreen like the people from London and whatever happened to Mark (I guess they skinned him because reasons, would have made an interesting scene).

I feel like Christian didn't really deserve it at the end but I guess that's his punishment for being a shitty boyfriend.

White people are fucking weird, you can't really deny that.

I made a thread about this yesterday but everyone in the fucking audience kept laughing at it and it completely took me out of the immersion because it's meant to be a genuinely disturbing scene.

white people are funny, weird and creepy

whypipo huhuhuh

bix nood

you sound soi

Especially the kind of white people that wear flower crowns. I grew up around people like that and they go from kindly hippies to culty real fucking fast. Flower crowns are never a good sign.

triggered

>one guy fucking one girl
>orgy
What did user mean by this?

Why is JGL so upset?

It’s meant to be humorous

made by a jew btw

The excessive foreshadowing for every single aspect of the movie really fucked it over. The thing's two and a half hours long, and you know every beat from the get-go. It made all the downtime feel like pointless filler that should have just been cut out.

The only thing that came out of left field was when the ugly-crying lady didn't get burned alive at the end.

Also, the opening of the film was pointless. Her parents being dead was only used for a couple of images that ultimately didn't mean anything, so all it did was introduce you to the fact that her idea of acting like she's crying is literally going A BLOO BLOO BLOO and that you will be waiting for the scene to end for her to shut the fuck up.

Just like the old people falling to their death, yet no one in the audience laughed at that despite it being hilarious.

Her sister’s murder/suicide opened the door for her to easily be indoctrinated I tho the pagan cult. Without their deaths, she and Christian probably never stay together and she does not go to Sweden.

anyone have a stream yet?

Attached: 1487197588035.jpg (822x900, 289K)

Is it even possible to be afraid of Swedes?

Niggers are also Swedes now so yes

Attached: 1558719533023.jpg (759x1004, 189K)

They're also on drugs the whole time, but there isn't a 10-minute sequence where they go into detail about how sipping their mushroom water makes people more suggestive.

My problem is that the movie is way too long, and that stands out as a specific sequence which could have been cut or reworked. Turn it into a line of dialogue by the one douchey friend: "Dude he totally would have broken up with her if her whole family didn't die." It wouldn't have been any more clumsy than her somehow knowing out of nowhere that the noises coming out from the sex church were from her boyfriend impregnating some 14-year-old.

>genuinely disturbing scene
Why? Because it portrayed whites procreating?

You gotta be real fucking onions to think that was disturbing. It was borderline wholesome and pretty funny.

So ugly cry girl just going to integrate into this cult and then eventually throw herself off a cliff. I find that resolution less than satisfactory. Liked the cinematography though.

>dani sees the redhead leaving, also sees the dude watch her as she leaves
>"Can christian come with me"
she asks before she was carted around as the may queen.
>no
>Somehow knowing that the noises coming out from the sex church were from her boyfriend impregnating some 14-year-old

You are intellectually subhuman if you didnt see dani's suspicions long before the keyhole scene.

he was more than just a shitty boyfriend, he's the typical anthropologist cuck who delights in deviant and sadistic shit of other cultures and explaining it relativistically until it happens to him

dani is a cunt too though and doesn't give a fuck about her friends being killed

It might have been a tiny bit too long in the final act, but this was absolute kino

Attached: dfw.png (2000x1283, 2.48M)

Yeah if some weirdo was going off on her own, you'd probably watch her leave too. That doesn't mean you'd be having sex with her.

She had been separated from not Sean Astin before as well, but she didn't make a big deal out of "Oh, I guess that he can't come to this dance ceremony because he has to talk to some lady."

If you want to talk about suspicions, fine, but then you're giving equal weight to the suspicions about the two Indian people (which she didn't act on), about the black guy and the comic relief (which she didn't act on) and any number of weird cult things (which she also didn't act on). Her suspicions didn't mean anything until the story demanded that they did, and when she finally did something about them, it wasn't even about something she could directly tie to her boyfriend.

>being Serena Williams' rag
Didn't know DFW was this patrician

The fact that you think that the dude's suspicious actions werent enough to make dani at least curious confirms to me that you have little social interaction with woman and are probably autistic.

she does care about the other travelers being killed though. she inquires into it way more than christian, who shrugged it off and immediately threw his friends under the bus to elicit approval from the swedes.

was happy to see christian burn at the end

I liked the opening, I thought it was a really effective way to set her up without a bunch of show don't tell dialogue explaining she's vulnerable but besides that ya, it's really predictable but I think it's more because movies about cults generally end the same more than unnecessary foreshadowing

You're allowed to like mediocre movies, user.

You don't have to call people autistic just because you're willing to buy into the movie's logic that she's only curious when it progresses the plot. Your parents must be proud of what an imaginative, engaged boy they have.

Just because you dont understand a movie and struggle to understand the subtle complexities of male-female relationships doesn't immediately make the film mediocre.

>watching horror movies with an audience

did you miss the part where she kept asking about what happened to the brits and was the only one really concerned by their absence?

Go to the movies with your friends or girlfriend you fucking loser

did the cult intentionally breed 2 gingers to produce the next retarded oracle?

>subtle complexities
There is absolutely nothing subtle about this film, user.

apperantly there are if this retard:
cant understand how dani could be suspicious of her boyfriend

I dare you to find a more soi post than this

Attached: images (5).jpg (361x408, 19K)

It felt underutilized for how much attention they gave it though. If the writer didn't want to be all handwavey with a "troubled" girl in a "strained relationship" in the horror movie, that's fine, but after that opening scene, that horror film stereotype is exactly how the rest of the movie played out. Any additional depth it gave by showing her parents and sister dying didn't amount to any substantial change.

>wojak posting
Might as well have just said "I have no argument and concede" You should be banned honestly.

No. Did you miss the part where nothing came of it?

Based low-iq flamebaiter moving goalposts. Keep it up user you are getting em left and right.

>she’s only curious when it progresses the plot
>she’s also curious when it doesn’t progress the plot because nothing comes of it due to being railroaded by the swedes

how can these both be true, user?

I'm not saying she wasn't suspicious. That part was obvious.

What I'm saying is that there was no reason for her to magically know her boyfriend was in the shed. She just heard a bunch of weird Swedish women wailing. By the end of the movie, a bunch of weird women wailing would be the least suspicious thing that could possibly take place. She only investigated it because the story needed her to in order to find her boyfriend.

I don't understand how you still don't get what my problem with that scene is.

So Dani was bipolar just like her sister right?

There was nothing kino about this interminable piece of shit.

She's curious but doesn't act on it it.

I'm legitimately sorry if I didn't make that clear enough; I'm not trying to bait, but I found a lot of the movie to be very contrived, and that scene is the most glaring instance of it.

She didnt "magically know" her boyfriend was in the shed. She saw the woman leave dinner early, her boyfriend holding his gaze on her till she was out of sight. She then hears sex noises coming from a shed she has been told not to look into. Why is this so hard for you to metabolize? I know you are on the spectrum.

Oh I get it now. You're retarded. You thought that that sounded like sex noises. Apparently you think that sex is a bunch of crazy bitches doing weird throat singing. I can see how you'd misunderstand then.

I think so

i don’t know what you mean by “she didn’t act on it.” she repeatedly inquired as to connie and connie’s fiance’s whereabouts, insisted on going home until she was mollified by pelle, was obviously suspicious of christian and maya and tried to intervene... what else was she supposed to do?

>Rhythmic moaning isnt sex noises
Have sex user.

So I think the bigger problem of lack of depth is the lack of it in the aide characters. The main girl is at least set up where you understand her vulnerability but the movie doesn't really go into that academic rivalry of the friends or christen really outside of just looking frustrated and confused but not being able to articulate it well. The comic relief was also like straight out of a blumhouse movie which didn't help. So while the main character could have been more explored I thought it was enough to go along with the concept of the movie and have some kind of stake associated with the ritual scenes. I wanted to see her struggle through her issues and it delivered in ways, and to me that's more what the movie was going for so it succeeded, but the lack of depth with the other characters was definitely felt especially because there was conflict that they didn't really bother examining. I'd still recommend it to a certain crowd though, not to everyone I don't think

i expected the swedish cult to be more of a straightforward sinister villainous cult but in spite of the human sacrifice it exhibited a positive communitarian mindset that’s sorely lacking in the modern post-industrial world

pretty good movie, albeit not much of a horror film.

It's implied that she was becoming empathic with them so she might have subconsciously known

>implied
Nigger she spoke their language while dancing with. How is this in any way not indicative of a relatively drastic, albeit magical transformation?

Having read the screenplay I am certain that is entirely intentional. Aster said it is supposed to be more of a break up / coming of age movie than a horror film.

Jeez ok, she became psychic then

giv magnet

Agreed. Not horror. Definitely an otherworldy/magical experience though. As wanky as that sounds.

Everyone in the audience laughed including my girlfriend while I just kind of sat there really uncomfortable.

At least they have a culture

You might be autistic user.

Attached: 1431446412583.jpg (535x462, 34K)

>not even considering going by yourself.
fuck off out of here plebit

>oh this song has a woman moaning in it she was definitely having sex and they just shoved a mic in front of her face

That's a better explanation to me than anything else, even if it does come off as a load of bullshit. That was the feeling I got when they were speaking the same language, so extending that a bit further is fine by me.