Childhood is when you idolize Game of Thrones

Childhood is when you idolize Game of Thrones.
Adulthood is when you realize I, Claudius makes more sense.

Attached: MV5BZWM1MDY1MjYtYTAzZC00MDJiLTk4MjAtOGQzNDI4YWU1MWQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg (1000x1455, 704K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f-ohKuKy4_s
youtube.com/watch?v=pKwaCTfa1EE
hooktube.com/watch?v=pKwaCTfa1EE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should feel bad just for putting them in the same sentence.

I wish the video quality was better, at least mine look quite bad

Childhood is when you idolize Rome.
Adulthood is when you realize I, Claudius makes more sense.

It's just hammy pop history tripe, try reading actual literature you plebs. Or do you think disliking capeshit makes you highbrow?

why are you here, faggot?

well its for tv so they cant even make a bluray quality version i think, same as blackadder

its based on the graves book dummy. is it even remotely accurate? no. its basically celebrity gossip from roman times re-imagined by an anglo. doesnt mean its not good. what, you think parallel lives suck aswell? its 70% bullshit too.

Well, I Claudius is based on the factual historical account of Caligulas supposedly dimwitted relative that survived the Praetorian guards massacre of the imperial family. When finding dumb Claudius cowering in the shadows he was spared death and installed on the throne as a puppet for the true ruling class, the same Praetorian guard that killed his cousin for abusing the people and army including going to war against the ocean, naming his horse a member of the Senate, raping his male soldiers, and fucking his sister. Claudius was playing a fool throughout his reign and during his own brought peace and prosperity to the empire but was repeatedly cucked by his wife who was said to go to the town brothels push out the prostitutes and challenge as many men as they could to take her. Never saw the show but read the books and it's in other major historians writings.
Game of thrones is a work of fiction and not even a good one at that.

Attached: Screenshot_20190625-231232.png (480x854, 113K)

I realized that way before Game of Thrones even existed

Yeah Claudius is the better show.

t. capeshitter

Do you not understand what a sentence is?

You should watch it, it's quite good and faithful to the novel.

that obviously says I CLAVDIVS, user

What the fuck happened to the BBC?

In the 70s, they made The Six Wives of Henry VII, Elizabeth R, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and I, Claudius.

Meanwhile today, they make some of the worst garbage I've ever seen, and completely lost their touch. What went wrong?

Degradation of media seems to be a common trend around the world. Surely a coincidence.

Can you believe The Prisoner is an ITV show? Now they just show reality shit and pray that people won't realise how awful their soaps are.

>britbongs will defend this

Attached: 1503859118724.webm (854x480, 1.71M)

Britbongs don't watch this shit full stop you ingrate, no one watches Doctor Who, it's not episodic, the only reason they get away with this portrayal is because of the fact that no one fucking watches it.

Attached: patrician disgust.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

>same sentence
you’re not very bright, are you, user?

If nobody watched it, they'd cease production, bong. Dr Who is your most iconic TV show that's been running for like 60 years now.

Your taxpayer dollars are going towards the show's production, along with your embarrassing police force. Your country's such a joke now lmao.

WHERE ARE MY EAGLES
youtube.com/watch?v=f-ohKuKy4_s

>several attempts at watching is
>everyone is horribly miscast

Experience has taught them that good shows are mostly a waste of effort. Also there is a cabal of faggots with very uneven levels of competence, which Moffat is a member of, that control the BBC and give writing jobs to their friends.

>Your taxpayer dollars are going towards the show's production
thats the only reason why its still running. bbc is just propaganda, rating don't matter when funding is guaranteed and enforced by law

Holy mother of bait

oi, youz got yer telly loicense?

There was a 15 year gap where Doctor Who wasn't being produced as a television show, it had effectively died by the end of the 1980's.
The BBC does not need people to watch their shows for them to produce them, their ratings system is innaccurate and the fact that they produce these shows thanks to it being paid for by a television tax means they're able to invest in questionable shit like this.
2005 era Doctor Who is character driven, that means it ditched its own episodic nature, in effect most people don't watch it because of this, remember how you could tune into a show like Star Trek and how it would be a self contained story? That's how it used to be with Dr. Who. Everyone knows the country's a joke, thing is most people don't give a shit and just focus on surviving, the media being shit only makes things worse.

no, I just read history. Fuck off.

no i dont because i dont watch shit tv, also people buying their licence is dropping like a rock because people are seeing this shit for what it is

>he keeps baiting
Don't give up little guy!

Another thing I find amusing is about how the media intellectuals like Stewart Lee have this puerile distaste for what came before them, the alternative comedians hate their predecessors in the most guttural fashion, they hate the public for its love of shows like Only Fools, thing is they didn't have much self-awareness that people outside of the M25 don't think like them, so when Brexit appeared, that's when you started seeing the cracks appear in our social strata in such a way.

People don't watch nuWho because it's an incredibly weird and poorly written magical boyfriend fantasy written by homosexual men for an audience of young women. The old show was an actual scifi show, similar to the original Star Trek.

I have to say I'm always amazed at how the BBC spends more on advertising its own in house productions on its own shows, it's as if they know it's awful and know people are dropping off, listening to R2 sometimes sends me into confusion in the sense that I reckon there are some commercial radio stations that have less advertising blocks than BBC Radio.

This. Except no one should ever idolize GoT under any circumstances.

They also made pure kino lately with War & Peace, though.

Attached: lily-james-2.jpg (1217x771, 248K)

Not watching that trash. Anything modern BBC is garbage.

The recent 10 Little Niggers adaptation is evidence of this.

Bro it's good, I was surprised myself. Just give it a try.

There was a nigger in 10 little indians? I don't remember.

Again idiot, not happening.

Your miss.

This show was fantastic.

Thoughts on the OP?

youtube.com/watch?v=pKwaCTfa1EE

>see britbongs shill i claudius constantly
>decide to check it out
>looks like it was shot with a fucking camcorder

Childhood is when you idolise I, Claudius
Adulthood is when you realise the novels are superior.

Video unavailable

This video contains content from RLJ Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Bodyguard (2018) was pretty great though user, but yeah, almost everything the BBC does is a miss.

hooktube.com/watch?v=pKwaCTfa1EE

Asscension is when you realise Caligula is more k i n o.

Attached: 220px-Caligulaposter.jpg (220x334, 23K)

It was shot on 1970s video, be thankful it's in color.
Wouldn't have looked much better on 16mm film tho, just look at tv series from those days which have studio parts on video and exteriors on film, like Flying Circus. The kind of film they used wasn't precisely highest quality, and 16mm in those days was grainy as fuck. And as for shooting on 35mm
>bong television
>having that kind of money
"No!"

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

Caligula is an underrated masterpiece.

pleb

I claudius is a work of fiction too dumbass that shit didn’t happen

Attached: 1508695652016.png (403x448, 53K)

It's partly based on real events tho, as far what happened is known.

my man!

Attached: 1485117413159.jpg (467x524, 108K)

Attached: brainlet10.jpg (221x250, 9K)

based Caligula appreciaters

it acurately portrays Tiberius as far as Im concerned.
Livia's character complete work of fiction

post more romankino
also torpedo tits

Are there any idiots who unironically pronounce it as clavdivs?

Clafdifs is the only correct pronvnciation.

You really are stupid beyond belief.

Quite interested in watching this, are there Machiavellian esque characters?

Attached: 1521822852734.png (454x520, 13K)

Eldergodhood is when you open your mind to the Spartacus enlightenment.

Sejanus, who's played by Patrick Stewart. With hair.

I've never seen a series more redpilled on women.

Roman women knew they were nothing more than breading sows and their men truly loved other men.
If you watch tv shows and you're not a troglodyte this is a must.

I don't know what Roman men and women were actually like, but the only woman in this series who doesn't behave like complete roastie is Octavia.

How does this compare to Elizabeth R?

>speaking in memes
>adulthoof
ok

Friendly reminder that all of Attias petty schemes and machinations in Rome don't hold a candle to based Livia Drusilla

Attached: livia-sian-phillips.gif (400x300, 396K)